Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos (2241 Views)

Prince Iyiola Omisore Visits Ooni Of Ife (Photos) / Fani Kayode & His Pretty Wife Precious Visit Ooni Of Ife(photos) / Sympathizers Storm The Palace Of The Late Ooni Of Ife (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by 4hys: 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hmmmm,So Almighty Obasanjo can prostrate publicly for the New Ooni of Ife?
Na wah,this is indeed a new one and i honestly applaud it.

Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by INTROVERT(f): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
Make he no prostrate na?
Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by 4hys: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
wailers will wail
Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by asEdeyHOT: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
It is Yoruba tradition

The Ooni's father is still alive, he has to prostrate to his son when he comes to the Palace

His mother is deceased (May she RIP). If she was alive, she will kneel down until her son tells her to rise.

For all intents and purposes, he is no longer their son but their spiritual head ordained by the gods of our land

Anywhere I see him, I will prostrate flat and not stand up until I'm told do so

Kabiyesi Ki Ade pelori, ki bata pelese

1 Like

Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by 4Kemzy(m): 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
That's the difference between him and Bubu. Unlike what transpired at Ogun
Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by Tycoflu(m): 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2016
This just increased my love for Yorubas and their culture the more. I'm Igbo but not IPOB.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by Trailblazer1(m): 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
grin grin grin

OBJ and his theatrics

Though I have no love for him,

But I duff my cap for this display of respect to tradition cool
Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by hacmond(m): 10:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
I love dis grin
Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by asEdeyHOT: 10:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
4Kemzy:
That's the difference between him and Bubu. Unlike what transpired at Ogun

What transpired in Ogun?

Some Baale's were arranged to take pictures to accommodate them in a picture with the President?

No one has been able to name the so called Obas that were involved in the picture. Thats because they are not OBas

1 Like

Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by Trailblazer1(m): 10:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
Tycoflu:
This just increased my love for Yorubas and their culture the more.
I'm Igbo but not IPOB.

Your type can sell their birthright for LIKES

Park well abeg
Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by asEdeyHOT: 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2016
Trailblazer1:
grin grin grin

OBJ and his theatrics

Though I have no love for him,

But I duff my cap for this display of respect to tradition cool

Obasanjo is Ogboni and he knows the importance of Yoruba culture

He is old enough to be the Ooni's grandfather but right now, the Ooni is his spiritual head
Re: Almighty Obasanjo Prostrate Publicly For The New Ooni Of Ife - Photos by Mynd44: 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2016

(1)

Names Of Looters Finally Out / This Guy Claims He Can Solve Nigeria Electricity Problem In 2 Years / Why I Reconciled With Tinubu – Obanikoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.