Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) (13642 Views)

Photos From The Police And Navy Clash In Calabar / Police And INEC Officials Pull Their Shoes Off To Cross Flooded Area In Edo / Ikpeazu Gives Cars To Police And Doctors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by 247Dior(m): 12:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
Buhari should extend the fight against corruption to the police.. in fact they are the corrupt in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by reeslant: 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Naija kenan!!!
Only in Naija police asked the motor cycle driver to give him 50Naira and unfortunateky the man does not have. so the man said he has only 5Naira with him. They intimidate to look him up and the man just agreed since he has no option. To tell the end of the story. NPF finally accept that five naira. Chaiiii and call him POOR driver.
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by ademega(m): 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2016
hmmm.
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
To me,the rank and file policemen are not corrupt.Their ogas are the corrupt ones.If you are a policeman and you want to enjoy the police job you must be giving oga return so that you will not be posted where you don't like or he will be giving you soft landing when you are into trouble while discharging your duty.If at all they want to sanction a policeman who involve himself in corruption,they should first prosecute the DPOs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by molas02: 1:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
holluwai:
Na thief I marry so don't ask me that question.

tongue
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by DedeNkem: 1:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nigerian police is the most corrupt!
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by owellej(m): 1:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mine was last month (Jan), I was riding my bike through "one way lane" trying to get into a petrol station, then I saw a man on black stretched his hand "hey u stop dia so u no no say na one way u follow?" Immediately I stopped the next was "your money na N5,000" ee? As I wondered, he said again "u dey pay ur money hia or we reach station"?
Me: officer wetin I wan go do for station?
Officer: u commit offense, I no dey hia to answer plenty question, wen u reach station
Me: officer I no get any money for hia
Officer: u mean say u no hol any money at all?
Me: officer na small money dey wit me
Officer: oya bring am (as I walked towards an apple seller)
Officer: old boy wia u dey go?
Me: I wan go find change
Officer: how much change?
Me: na 5h dey with me, I wan give u 2h
Officer: chai dis boy na bad guy even wit 5h u still dey find change, come here jare (as he brought out 3h change from his pocket)
Me: officer so u too carry change nawa u oo, u wan just pieces my money (as he collects the money)
Officer: my friend carry ur bike commot for hia b4 u go pay complete 5k, na so I zoomed off.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by yinkuscious(m): 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
And someone whose father is a police officer is reading this...

By the way, Police don't collect #20 again o they have upgraded to #50 or #100 as the case may be

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
My boss had a case with a guest in his hotel in 2011 when the latter lodged and bought food at credit in the hotel for 3month without paying quarter of the rate.I was ordered not to allowed him take credit until he settled his outstanding bills.He assaulted me when I refused to let him ordered for food on credit and he was subsequently arrested and taken to the police station around the area.From the ipo,police at the counter and dpo was demanding money from my boss.Before he knew it,he had settled 5k at a go.At the end,the suspect jumped bail and flee.Since i left the hotel i learned he has not find him.
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by holluwai(m): 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Na you marry thief?

[quote author=molas02 post=42673372][/quote]
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Baboo13(m): 1:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
My own was traffic light issue in abeokuta dec last year

I was driving and approaching a traffic light at a particular bridge. It was green when I got there and even after I went past it... and from nowhere a trace official and a policewoman just bumped in front of the car I was driving.

To show that I had not jump the light. The cars at the other side of the bridge had already stopped.

Straightaway they came in I was like I didn't jump the light now see cars that stopped at the other end bla bla. they were like no, we're going straight to the station.

Where I started smelling a rat was that normally, I should be taken to the trace office for a traffic offence and not police station. I sha got to the station, the policewoman seized my keys and left with the trace official. What I did was I kept calm at the police post, didn't shout at anybody and I called my uncle.

The DPO at the station came out and was already shouting cos there were other people there with other issues but I kept calm.

To cut the story short, my uncle told an SSS friend of his and came together. When the SSS man came in sharply the DPO changed his voice and told my uncle 'Ahan why is your brother you doing like a woman like this'- obviously as he saw the SSS guy..Lol..Immediately he called the policewoman to bring the keys and was even pleading with us not to be annoyed and was later even gisting with us.

I was happy that I didn't give them shingbain after spending like 3hours . All of them looking for christmas money. I just felt for the different taxi drivers in the station who they were using to make money
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
I don't have a problem giving police officers some token. Where I have a problem is how they go about it like it is their right. I make sure my papers are always upto date and complete. some would smile even before they stop me and I would not even hesitate do drop something. I get pissed at the ones that think it is by being tough. They get nothing in the end.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by UnimkeAk(m): 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
Police case no be here!
their molestation is more at nyt.
imagine mk police hail u guy man hwfa : wetin dey and u say oga Notin oh; then he finds out u don't hv papers.. he'll so extort u ; so me I no dey waste tym o; I always keep like 500 in 100 naira denomination ready 4 them.
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by sleekypapi: 2:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
I lost my wallet and went 2 mke a report at d police station, but b4 I went I change 100naira in2 5naira(2), 10naira (2), 20naira and 50naira. Afta I finished writin my statement, d police officer said I should bring smtyn, 4 my mind i laff coz dat wz y I had da change. I bro d change outta my pocket wantin 2 c d reaction of d officer, he jus looked at me and said abeg de go jor. Wen I came out 4m d police station, laff wan kill me.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by SUPOL(m): 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sijo01:
Op, Police is your friend o cheesy just the way Supol is my friend cheesy cheesy
Is ur friend's birthday....
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
yinkuscious:
And someone whose father is a police officer is reading this...

By the way, Police don't collect #20 again o they have upgraded to #50 or #100 as the case may be
Since dollar don rise police egunje must follow.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by seangy4konji: 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
police is your friend...
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
I don laugh tire reading every comment in this thread.Police sha.
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by oseiwe(m): 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
experience abi experiences? 'cos naija police fuckup na per second o...
exactly!
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by oseiwe(m): 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
majekdom2:
I don't have a problem giving police officers some token. Where I have a problem is how they go about it like it is their right. I make sure my papers are always upto date and complete. some would smile even before they stop me and I would not even hesitate do drop something. I get pissed at the ones that think it is by being tough. They get nothing in the end.
lol...just d way one squad always collect my supper wen i transit back home at nite. Infact, dey look forward to my car and always call me depot manager cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by armadeo(m): 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Supol care to share your own experiences. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by grandlexuz(m): 2:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
D
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Inkredible(m): 3:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
The experience I had with them was sometime in 2014 when I was driving my Staff adviser's Hyundai Jeep (errand tins). I stopped as the traffic light turned red only that I stopped closer to the light pole so I had to back up. On sighting me, they drove that their "pick up" to my were I was parked with so much speed as if they just saw Anini. Firstly, fear kicked in. As they alighted one by one and started shouting that I should come down. Haa!! Me I jejely came down oo. People gathered and I was like "Officer am a student oo". One said " you no see the light abi? You no sabi say you go slow down okwa ya?" I started apologizing.. "Officer biko ewene iwe biko (officer no vex abeg)"
Before I could say Jack.. slap covered my face. Kai!!! Omo right then I reasoned one thing... "Voom ka statement"
As hold up started building up behind me, they said I should clear my car oo. Chai! I said "God thank you" in my heart.
I slowly entered the car as if I was remorseful.
As in entered the car, I locked the whole doors... Started the engine and drove slowly to were one was pointing for me.... I immediately fired up the engine and sped off. The one in front narrowly missed being hit by me.
And so the race began, they came after me. Luckily I was born and breed in Enugu. I know all the nooks and cranny of most places. Most of y'all that know G.R.A know that the place is a good place to loose ekelebe HEAT. Within seconds, I was in Golf estate. Omo from there I drove to New market. From there I drove to Iva valley and entered one church there. A wedding ceremony was on so I joined them.
Went in and took a good vantage point to observe. After like 30minutes, omo na him I find my way oo. No time.

If there is any typo. Kindly overlook.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by sparkleboy(m): 3:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
I have had several issues with this men in black, but 1 stands out.
It was a cold morning and I just got back from Cotonou where I went to buy a tiny light Camry for a customer, I left Lagos around 5:30am and got to Ibadan by 7.am, At Iwo road round about, I met them and they asked for the particulars because I had fixed the license plate from seme border, When they checked and returned it they asked me to open the booth which I did, that's how they saw the rim covers still tied and the Toyota logo, some other parts yet to be fixed, Their boss asked for the papers again and started shouting that I registered the car before it was cleared at customs and I said yes he said I should enter and drive him to the station, I started begging and he said I should behave like a man and do the right thing, I told him that I ain't got no money and he told me no problem, that we are going to the station. I called the owner who was a lawyer and the licensing guy. The police man saw the name of the owner starting with barrister, that's how he told. E to buy 200 naira airtel and mtn credit which I bought for him and he gave me document. grin grin I was just laughing throughout
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Hostermipo(m): 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hold on a little bit longer Nigerians, am going in there to fix all this...So help me God.
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Igboboy59(m): 4:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
On this faithful day, in school woke up in the morning went to friend begged him to carry his motor bike(machine) to my home town to collect some food stuff.
On my way going back to school ,nearly to school this oga police stopped me,check me round suddenly he sighted on plate number of the machine telling me that the number is old one .taught was joking till when he ordered one of his men to carry the bike to their station. that time I knew the matter is going something else .
There I start begging their oga that am a student just collected this bike from a friend to went home to collect food stuff. there he asked me how much money is with me, the whole money that was with me that day was 200 I gave him the money but luckily he returned 100 back to me and free me .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Sunlad16(m): 4:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND BAIL IS FREE
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by currentbrands(m): 5:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sometime in 2006, i was driving back to Uyo from Lagos where i had gone to buy my Nissan Quest car. I had set out from Lekki via Epe on a friday morning as early as 6am driving peacefully through ijebu Ode, past Ore and approaching Benin where my predicament started.
On entering Benin city, trying to navigate my way through the town, in an instant i was cornered by two cars with fierce looking men in mufti and heavily armed, who i later realized were men of the NPF.

I was accompanied away to their station in Benin on allegation of not carrying authentic vehicle particulars. After a senseless delay of about 3 hours, a deal was brokered. The DPO asked me to part with 100k, which of course i didn't have. We finally settled for 30k which i agreed to pay and which i didn't have on me either.
The DPO asked me to deposit my Identity card and my phone with him as surety, while he detailed a Police constable to accompany me to Uyo where i would give him the agreed sum to take back to him (DPO) in Benin, after which my deposits (Fone and ID Card) would be couriered to me.

On getting to Asaba that night, the poor constable who tried to chat me up severally, but i gave deaf ears to, suddenly became quite uncomfortable. It immediately dawned on him that he's been sent on a suicide mission. The next thing i heard him say was: ''Oga, abeg drop me off in Onitsha.......i no dey follow you again, make person no go chop off my head......my mama and papa still dey alive.....make oga DPO go kill me when i reach office.....my life is worth more than 30 abeg''

LWKMD!!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by Sijo01(f): 6:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
SUPOL:
Is ur friend's birthday....
...and he did not invite me sad. Well, I trust he will next year cheesy. . .. Bigger and better him I pray.
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by lakezone67(m): 6:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
viickerz:
one of my guys fought with someone.. the person got a broken arm as a result. his parents reported to the police. they arrested my friend.. In retaliation' my friends parents reported to the police too.. guess what they did? they arrested the dude with a broken arm too..

funny enough, they put the both of them in the same cell.. THE both of them still fought in the cell again..

Naija police
Why you cum dey lie like dis lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by SUPOL(m): 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sijo01:

...and he did not invite me sad. Well, I trust he will next year cheesy.
Bigger and better him I pray.
Trust me, will make it up
Re: Nigeria Police And Money(share Your Experience With Them) by artsoft1: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
Guy if you go mushin for Lagos. Once police sight you that you are carrying a laptop mehn you are in for it ooooo. You are considered a yahoo boy. and you know what it means. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Challenges Before Osinbajo / Owerri The Cleanest City In Nigeria / Man Caught With $7million To Forfeit 25 % To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.