Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari (25078 Views)

Biafra: Britain, Buhari Should Tell The World Why They Hate Igbos – IPOB / Buhari Repairing Nigeria’s Reputation Damaged By Jonathan — Fashola / Arms Purchase Scam Has Damaged Nigeria’s Reputation – Bamidele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by BOWOTO(m): 3:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
corpROYAL:

Mind your tongue carefully, if you dont know what to say read and pass. Stop causing ethic problem with your tongue. Nigerians are one. There is no Nigeria as a nation that belong to hausa, igbo or yorubas alone. It belong to all of us. Be a good ambasador of your country anywhere you are. Our country Image building are joint work for you and me.

Please l dont mean to fight you nor to insult you but to let peace reign.

I belong to Nigeria, the most populious black Nation, the giant of Africa. God bless Nigeria!!!

Giant of Africa by population Ode
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by 2n2k(m): 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
urchmanx:

Whatever is the event. The issue is the president made the statements and someone is saying he/she doesn't believe the news. So I am wondering if telegraph will write such pace without an event. Except maybe he is using an irony here

And I am giving the president benefit of the doubt that he was 'frank' in his speech because it was a meeting with his fellow Nigerians not addressed to the whole world.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by wristbangle: 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
ZeezaRapture:
So many foolish comments up above me sad

Do u even mind those bigotry comments? He is being sincere for their unacceptable acts but they are painting him to be bad in calling a spade; spade.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Smilenw(f): 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mr.Buhari is not far from truth.One good look at the comments on this thread alone proves him right. Which other country on earth would have its citizens calling their Presidents names like the ones seen above ? Nigeria and its citizens have a tarnished image compared to other African nationals, that is an irrefutable fact. It does not matter whether the rotten ones are people from a certain religion or tribe as you are just another Nigerian for the rest of the world once you leave the shores of your Fatherland. This stained image would take a long long time to go away. That needs lots of effort from the nation as a whole. Ignoring the bigger picture here, they are more bent on abusing the accuser, even if its their own chosen leader. The people here have a problem with every other person and country in world. They are so busy basking in their past glory and looking for faults in others that they ignore how their own nation is going from bad to worse. Patience is a virtue that's almost non existent these days.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by banmee(m): 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
vizboy:

So if you have a daughter and you know she has a bad manner will you quarrel her of her bad manners in front of her suitors?

More like a market seller telling his customers what he is selling Is not good. All for him to been seen as someone honest.

Trash

Stop defending something that is not right.

And this is why Nigeria seems to be taking giant leaps backwards. You guys don't do things like norm people do.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by XaintJoel20: 3:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
How did we get ourselves into this mess as a country, and for how long are we going to live with it
This is what happen when you prefer a 'bread label' certificate holder to an erudite scholar...
I will forever be grateful to God I am not among those that put Nigeria in this quagmire...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
babaijesha1:
I don't believe president Buhari make that type of statement against his country people. It's a lie
Let's wait for Lie Mohammed version of the story

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by iHustle(m): 3:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
These are Buhari's words when he was HOS: "My people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are indisciplined".

Fela sang about this, yet Nigerians did not learn and Buhari has not changed one bit.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by scobyy2007: 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
your father too.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

PROVACATEUR:
This Buhari is a Big IDIOT
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by fireforfire: 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
Waka waka man. going about frm.place to place running his gworo mouth.
How many presidrnts expose dia countries internationally like dis?
eye service.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by oduastates: 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
Flets:

Buhari must be cautioned as a matter of urgency on the damage his unwise and poor utterances are causing Nigeria.

This is not an APC vs PDP affair. It's a national disaster.

You do not know what you are talking about.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by vizboy(m): 4:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

And this is why Nigeria seems to be taking giant leaps backwards. You guys don't do things like norm people do.

And who are the normal people. The people of USa or the is it the UK. How many times have ever seen the president of USA or the PM of UK bad mouthing his citizens on international stage.

So tell me who the norm people are?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by jarofbeauty: 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
banmee:

What has he said that is a lie now? The first step towards rehabilitation is accepting you have a problem. This is doubly important especially when you are asking for help from someone. The person you are asking help from recognizes that at least you know you have a problem and you are trying to change. Unlike denying you have a problem and continue to let the rot fester. No one will ever help you when you yourself don't realize you need help.
Zombie spotted.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Justiyke4u: 4:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
Flets:

Stop bothering yourself with APC zombies who never argue with facts. They aint worth that time .... trust me.
good proverb

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Mcowubaba: 4:07pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sall:
You all can say what ever kind of trash about the president out of hatred . He still remains the best and corruption free president this country ever had. Unlike the previous silly and corrupt Jonathan that almost brought this country to down .
Actually Sai Baba is not doing well by making nasty statements about the country,

Oga foreign investors don run finish, stock market wan crash, Buhari should learn hw to be diplomatic...not just talking carelessly, nd disgracing the Country, he is trying to indulge foreign sympathy nd crave their indulgence by being politically correct....
He is being mentally incorrect nd illogical sad
Which kan presido be dis self
I don dey taya for this man self, mak I still give am small time to get Sense undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by NavierStokes(m): 4:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
amtaken:
OAM4J.

I love the name.

smiley
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by jarofbeauty: 4:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
thiagocrush:

Shut up, mugu.. so you too be criminal?
Don't mind the Zombie. He has not left Nigeria for Ghana, not to talk of UK or America.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by fujirice: 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
Flets:
Nigeria needs no additional enemy cos Buhari is already doing enough damage both at local and international fronts.

Who in his sane mind paints a bad picture of his home?
Does Buhari understand what diplomacy in speeches mean?

Every nation has its social challenges but they don't go about brandishing it at the slightest opportunity.

Are we worse than the Chinese, Indians, Lebanese and even Americans? Every nation is working at improving itself but not by washing its dirty linen on international media.

And we wonder why all the investors took off after May 29?

Buhari should never have been Nigeria's president at this time of global media frenzy
I agree with you totally. Our president is murdering our image in broad day light! And to think that he went to seek medical attention abroad plus his children that lived and schooled abroad makes one wonder on which moral ground he is standing to make such statements. The handlers of Mr President should please as a matter of urgency do something drastic. The thing don too much abeg!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by jarofbeauty: 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
focus7:
Igbos are in the front lead spoiling Nigeria reputation with crimes.
Okpo! Tribalistic fool.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by fujirice: 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sall:
You all can say what ever kind of trash about the president out of hatred . He still remains the best and corruption free president this country ever had. Unlike the previous silly and corrupt Jonathan that almost brought this country to down .
Just focus on the topic biko. Your president just told the whole world that you, Sall is a corrupt fellow and you are here clapping your hands for him? I may not agree with the people that are calling him some unprintable names but those his statements should be condemned by well meaning Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Mcowubaba: 4:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
Tycoflu:
For those insulting PMB for his sincerity, is his statement a contrast to what's on ground based our imagine? Sweet talking will add nothing to our messed up imagine. whether you call am Ashawo or runs girl, both of them dey drop back for ground ,open yash once money don exchange hands.

For the fellow ranting about biggest economy and debased economy, what value did those indices do to the masses?
PMB is a sincere fellow that is always blunt when it comes to saying the truth. Its only fraudsters and evil minded people that will always have issues with his sincerity.

#Leavethrash4LawMa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by ideykwum: 4:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
dearpreye:
Every nation has the good and bad citizens. Whilst there are many Nigerians doing the wrong stuff abroad, there are still many others who go about their business in the most honest and sincere manner.

The President shouldn't add more injury to our image as a people. He must be careful with his words whenever abroad or even back here. There are millions of decent Nigerians living and working abroad.

Mr. President should stop trying too hard to impress the international media with his not - too - smart comments.

He represents us and; therefore he must endeavour to represent us very well and professionally. The President making such statements can further destroy whatever trace of trust others have towards his own people. Wisdom is very necessary.

Lalasticlala, let's see how people respond to this.

As usual, a fantastic contribution! Well done bro!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by LastProphet: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
obasiken:

Tell us another story. GEJ increased our Foreign Direct Investment FDI during his tenure. He convinced investors to come to nigeria. Hosted the World Economic Forum. Rebased our economy to be the largest in africa.

All this man does is talk trash and damage our image oversea. If a father contines to call his daughter a thief infront of suitors will the daughter ever get married?

so if your daughter is a thief you solve the problem by deceiving an innocent suitor into marrying her? i really feel sorry for ibo culture and criminality
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
ideykwum:

As usual, a fantastic contribution! Well done bro!!

Thanks my boss. Seems work is right at your side? God bless all your hustle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by kolaosita4(m): 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
Diplomacy my foot talk de truth presido we are heaven candidate.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by banmee(m): 4:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
vizboy:

And who are the normal people. The people of USa or the is it the UK. How many times have ever seen the president of USA or the PM of UK bad mouthing his citizens on international stage.

So tell me who the norm people are?

Because on a scale of one to ten they are a six. Unlike Nigeria where we haven't even reached one.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by banmee(m): 4:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
jarofbeauty:
Zombie spotted.

Mo.ron identified.
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
Sall:
Did u really get the message ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by LastProphet: 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
thiagocrush:

You are very dumb

Do you know the atrocities the british colonials committed in africa? have they themselves acknowledged it? have the british prime minister called his people murderers even after supporting nigeria in the biafran war to commit genocide because of oil. You seem not to know what being a president means.

you should be ashamed of yourself, you and your ibo brothers that are tarnishing our image every second abroad. shameless people
Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by thiagocrush: 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
LastProphet:

you should be ashamed of yourself, you and your ibo brothers that are tarnishing our image every second abroad. shameless people

Na who plenty pass for uk? Yorubas

Who go suffer the consequences of buhari's tap mouth? Yorubas

Nna shey I talk bad grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
amtaken:
He talks as if he's on a revenge mission against the good people of Nigeria for not voting him 3 consecutive times.

Vindictive man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jibrin Raises 20 Questions For Dogara / Dino Melaye To To Sue Yahaya Bello And Local Government Caretaker Chairmen / Rashidi Ladoja: There Is Nothing Wrong With A Muslim-muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.