Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:42 PM

Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife (53062 Views)

Fayose Greeting Ooni Ogunwusi At Abuja Airport / Oshiomhole's Chief-of-staff, Patrick Obahiagbon Stoned By Angry Protesters / Biafrans Are Freedom Fighters; Fani Kayode Comes Hard On Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by banmee(m): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
bokohalal:

HeHe. Kissed teeth.

Yeah. Kissed teeth. cool
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by PapiWata: 7:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
The Always Mighty Grammar-Meister Extraordinaire Obahiagbon never fails to deliver robust and illuminating effusions of profoundly evocative verbiage audaciously launched along a progressively more confounding gradient of trajectory, whenever events of transcendental significance roil the swirling cross-currents of Nigeria's socio-political seascape, enrapturing, inspiring, befuddling, bemusing and mesmerizing once dispassionate observers who line the serpentine shores of existential nihilism, beneath the reddening skies of an African sunset, lost in the moment, and lapped by the gentle foamy wavelets of understanding and enlightenment, caressing their bare feet planted in the sand, while Patrick Obahiagbon, The Master, holds them spellbound, once again.

Nihil carburendum illegitimi.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Olasco93: 8:00pm On Feb 06, 2016
I concur for our President to make Hon. Patrick the New Minister of Communication.
Aminu kano salakawa...
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 06, 2016
oye9ja:
He miss used the Latin word consensus ad idem...it literally means coming together of heads which also means agreement. A single person can't say he consensus ad idem..but two or more parties only can.
i think u dnt get it right here.....actually what he means is that he is agreeing with them that the Ooni of Ife is a non pareil epiphanic emblematizationof an avatar seised of a sui generis Heirophantic mission
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by 4everGrand(m): 8:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
BIAFRANFLAG:
It is called stupidity and not creativity.

Speaking is communication, and when you are speaking and most of your audience are not able to grasp what you're saying, It simply means that you're talking to yourself and not communicating.

Bro, if u can't understand is it Obahiagbon's fault? Develop urself.

I used to have my misgivings before, but if u take time to sit down and analyse what he has said, that guy sure knows how to string his sentences together. He's not talking what's incorrect.

Ur not understanding doesn't invalidate the veracity of his sentences.

Develop bro.

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by 4everGrand(m): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
yommys01:
It is called senselesseness. He is a stupiid man actually. Why speak/write those shiit when no one understands them.

See dis guy
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
bokohalal:

As if Obahiagbon is aware of your miserable existence to communicate with you

Children should not be allowed to comment here.

this forum is for adults and not for kids
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by samopeyemi: 8:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
Wetin concern d 'celestial choir' for this matter now.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by megabyte2(f): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
This man again, to me he doesn't communicate.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by BIAFRANFLAG(m): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
4everGrand:

Bro, if u can't understand is it Obahiagbon's fault? Develop urself.

I used to have my misgivings before, but if u take time to sit down and analyse what he has said, that guy sure knows how to string his sentences together. He's not talking what's incorrect.

Ur not understanding doesn't invalidate the veracity of his sentences.

Develop bro.

That's Nigerians for you.

celebrating mediocres

GREATNESS LIES IN SIMPLICITY!

Watch professor WOLE SOYINKA SPEAKS and see the difference.

If you cannot explain it simply simply, then you don't understand it well enough. Same applies to making speeches.

great speakers never used high vocabularies, they carefully chose their words in other to reach wider AUDIENCE.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by megabyte2(f): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
samopeyemi:
Wetin concern d 'celestial choir' for this matter now.
I wonder ooo
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by omoladeazeez: 8:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
[quote author=]is an Intelligence[/quote]
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by MummyTehillah(f): 8:33pm On Feb 06, 2016
The man is simply stupid.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by IGWISE(m): 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
One day dis man go hold beans for hand n ego done
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by PenSniper: 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
Honestly, i have never liked OBJ for anything. His first coming was a disaster while his second was a write-off as far as am concerned.
But i must confess that he warmed himself into my heart with what he did here. But then he is a traditional man to the core.
I foresee this Ooni's tenure to be about the
best for the yoruba race after Oba Adesoji Aderemi.
Long live Ooni.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by akoladejesu(m): 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
Na Madness dey worry this man like dis o.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Focusedaliu: 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2016
darlenese:
Na today I confirm say this man dey talk nonsense @ ".....and I am consensus ad'edem that........"

Rubbish
That is a Latin maxim which means agreement between two people ,

He derives pleasure in combining Latin , kegite code, , frater ....and English ,just confuse Nigerians

grin grin He dey confuse you; he just dey speak hin own ni. Just like d guy. Na Clown grin
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by ewosk: 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
oye9ja:
He miss used the Latin word consensus ad idem...it literally means coming together of heads which also means agreement. A single person can't say he consensus ad idem..but two or more parties only can.

i nor sabi langua like dat but if consensus ad idem means agreement....his use of it wont be entirely wrong if u replace it in the context he used it...

'i am in agreement with him'
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Dhotseal(m): 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
oye9ja:

Actually, that Latin expression means 'meeting of the minds'. More like an agreement.

So the honourable is correct in saying "I am ad idem with him..."

He simply meant that he is in perfect agreement with Obasanjo, who believes that the Ooni is in a class of his own.

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by fratermathy(m): 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2016
sinkhole:
Hmmm Peace Profound, is he a Frater?
Na today you know? He is affiliated with Benin City Lodge at Ekenwan Rd.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by amparas(m): 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
This guy miss yi calling.....(Comedian)
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Obamina(m): 10:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
Donariok:
An accident occurred today, 11 were
injured, 12 died so the minister of health
says he has to offer #5000 to the injured and
#6,000,000 to the dead for their funeral, one
of the injured got up an laid where the dead
were ;one of the dead said my dear go back
to that place no bring wahala dey have
counted us oh... hahahaha
. Hahahhahaahhahahahahhahahahahahh if i pis 4pat, na u cos am ooooo hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

2 Likes

Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Obamina(m): 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Azukam1:

i think u dnt get it right here.....actually what he means is that he is agreeing with them that the Ooni of Ife is a non pareil epiphanic emblematizationof an avatar seised of a sui generis Heirophantic mission
. When explanation becomes more confusing than the main issue.... U couldn't help it than to say u understand just 2let Mata rest! Well done, u wan explain to d young man and u went this way abi? Continue, there is God

1 Like

Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Obamina:
. Hahahhahaahhahahahahhahahahahahh if i pis 4pat, na u cos am ooooo hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
lol. abeg laf small small abeg
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by sunnyeinstein(m): 10:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
oye9ja:

Bros u be bad belle o, all because u sha want d guy to make mistake ehn.

In as much as he spews rubbish, he still uses those borrowed words accurately. He said he is in agreement with obasanjo in respecting the ooni throne, so therefore we have two people who agree on on subject, therefore his use of "consensus ad idem" is CORRECT!
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by macaranta(m): 10:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
@OP why do have two low ba3 icons?

@topic...thank God this man isn't a medical doctor,peeps for don die.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by datigbogirl: 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
tnthommie:
I never knew the Ooni of Ife was so powerful until this present Ooni was crowned. The calibre of people coming to pay homage to him is great. Even Obasanjo prostrates before him. Wonderful.

Wish him longlife and a fruitful reign..

I heard d tussle for respect between Alaafin and Ooni when Osun was still in Oyo state was one of the factors dat led to the creation of Osun state.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by 1kinggy(m): 10:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
sinkhole:
Hmmm Peace Profound, is he a Frater?

A rosicrucian
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by 1kinggy(m): 10:38pm On Feb 06, 2016
datigbogirl:

I heard d tussle for respect between Alaafin and Ooni when Osun was still in Oyo state was one of the factors dat led to the creation of Osun state.

Pre colonial Yoruba history places their supremacy in different spheres. But the involvement of some Obas in politics and their romance with colonialists muddled things up.

One has a spiritual authority as the custodian of the Oracle and the other wields political power from inheriting the headquarters and expanding the reach of the empire.

The are not the same and have no reason to contend.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Asiri1991: 10:42pm On Feb 06, 2016
I am satisfied in Shakespeare and Wordsworth. This man can look for disciples.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by datigbogirl: 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
1kinggy:

Pre colonial Yoruba history places their supremacy in different spheres. But the involvement of some Obas in politics and their romance with colonialists muddled things up.

One has a spiritual authority as the custodian of the Oracle and the other wields political power from inheriting the headquarters and expanding the reach of the empire.

The are not the same and have no reason to contend.

Do you know that apart from Ibadan's land mass & population...d power tussle between Alaafin and d late Olubadan was creating tension to the point of making Ibadan a state.
Re: Obahiagbon Comments On Obasanjo Greeting Ooni Of Ife by Leke001: 11:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
can this guy speak English?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 States Ready To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage – NLC / British Govt Evades THISDAY Enquiry On Fresh Passport Issued To Kanu / Deji Adeyanju Reacts As APC Rally Suffers Low Turnout In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.