Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander (41805 Views)

Swapped Boko Haram Commander Threatens To Bomb Abuja In New Video / Boko Haram Commander Who Escaped From Prison In 2010 Arrested By DSS In Bauchi / Meet Hajara, The First Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander [pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by Super101: 10:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
angry
nicedas:
common sense, common English, I understand u ddnt respond to my quote, zombies, u guys wl perish in d zoo....

Guy, get upgraded and stop hating. Else you perish in Sambisa grin
Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by andyolo(m): 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
ceometromedia:
Hajara began her career as a non-commissioned officer in 1986. She rose to become the first Hausa Muslim woman from a core Northern state to reach the rank of Wing Commander, equivalent to Lieutenant Colonel in the Army.

Hajara, a daughter of late Marafan Birnin Kudu, Colonel Bashari Umaru, from Birnin Kudu in Jigawa State, is currently the Chief Matron of Armed Forces Medical Hospital, Kano. She has been to war in Congo, served at Ibadan, Kaduna, among other places within the country.

She was born in Dorayi Quarters on March 19, 1964, and grew up in Yakasai quarters of Kano, and later began her early education at wagwarwa Primary School, and later joined St. Louis Primary School.

Being a bright student, Hajara gained admission into Queen’s College, Lagos and St. Louis Secondary School, Kano. She would have chosen the former option but for her dad’s transfer to Kano. After completing her secondary education, she joined School of Nursing, Kano.

It was at that school that she took the decision to join the Nigerian Air Force, following recruitment drive for medical personnel.

"It was actually a dramatic situation. My mom Hajiya didn’t like it at all. And my dad pretends that he also didn’t like it in order to please her. But he actually encouraged me and respected my choice," the widow said.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/photos-first-hausa-muslim-female-wing.html

Why she no wear Hijabi? She would not have been looking fine in her uniform.
Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by jagbajantus: 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
Why don't she cover her face up with hijab? Who allowed this?
It is against Muslim laws for a woman to show her face and her skin in public like that.
This will never happen in Iran, Somalia or Saudi. It's time to call the O.I.C.
Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by naijaking1: 11:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
farouk0403:

Like serious? Please can you list those successful hausa people that you know.

You want to take me on this!. Start the game rolling.
After Keffi which used to be a christian missionary school, attended by majority of your past rulers, there are no other western modeled schools out there in the whole barren north!
From Sanusi L Sanusi to El Rufai, to Dr. Jibril to name but a few; all obtained basic education of reading and writing from the south, unfortunately when these people go back home to the north they directly or indirectly route the poorer children into almajiri school with eventual outcome of street begging, vandalism, and not being prepared for a modern life.
Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by mikolo80: 11:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
baralatie:
I wonder what will happen if a person gives her a compliment she looks good for her age and achievements!
she is an officer and a 'gentleman ' so will accept said compliment graciously. those were first termers in the video, that is their/our initiation rite although we usually use agberos and stupid policemen and not non misbehaving civilians to practice treating of fuckup)
Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by mikolo80: 11:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ymodulus:
We the promoters of tribalism in this country.

Why stress her religion and tribe?
to promote girl child education from that part of the country
Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by farouk0403(m): 12:15am On Feb 07, 2016
naijaking1:

You want to take me on this!. Start the game rolling.
After Keffi which used to be a christian missionary school, attended by majority of your past rulers, there are no other western modeled schools out there in the whole barren north!
From Sanusi L Sanusi to El Rufai, to Dr. Jibril to name but a few; all obtained basic education of reading and writing from the south, unfortunately when these people go back home to the north they directly or indirectly route the poorer children into almajiri school with eventual outcome of street begging, vandalism, and not being prepared for a modern life.

You are insane, foolish tribal bigot, you no nothing about the north just shut that gutter,

Barewa college in kaduna state is the school that most of Nigerian leaders attended, umar musa yar addu'a, and so many governors in the north, and most of the military head of state did their school in kaduna that's military school, and as for sanusi lamido sanusi go and check where he did his school...

By the what do you guys have there in the south? You got nothing, that's why most of your people come down to the north acting like slave to us. I will not argue with you about worldly things because all I will say to Allah is Alhamdulilah for blessing my family with all the riches.

Lastly let me tell you something that you don't know about the north, there are different tribes and different people from different background. So you don't need to tell me that there are illiterates in the north because I can see it for my self, and that's their life we have no control over it they decide what to do with it..

NOTE I have no business in the southeast, I won't even dream of going there, I don't know what to do there, I don't like there life style. thank God the south east is at one end corner of Nigeria, which does not exist to me..

Abuja is at the epicentre of Nigeria, and that's the place I will be burried if I died. And if I want fly abroad I don't need to go to the south east before I take off.

That is to show how south east is of less important to most of the northerners that are like me.

1 Like

Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:04am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
Wow! She is beautiful.

God bless Northern Nigeria

God bless Nigeria. cool

Amin, Masha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by arabianights: 10:30am On Feb 07, 2016
likila:
Buhari has doctors in london,
tambuwal has married a new yellow wife,
what has you?

TAMBUWAL'S NEW WIFE IS DARK COMPLEXIONED>>>>STAND TO BE CORRECTED>!!!!!!
Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by farouk0403(m): 7:23am On Feb 08, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Amin, Masha Allah.

Mutumina I like your courage, how I wish all northerners will speak for their selves just like you
Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
^^^^Nagode, its something we all need to do - stand up and defend ourselves from unwarranted stereotypical insults from faceless ignorant internet bigots.
Re: Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander by AlphaTaikun: 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
ceometromedia:
Hajara began her career as a non-commissioned officer in 1986. She rose to become the first Hausa Muslim woman from a core Northern state to reach the rank of Wing Commander, equivalent to Lieutenant Colonel in the Army.

Hajara, a daughter of late Marafan Birnin Kudu, Colonel Bashari Umaru, from Birnin Kudu in Jigawa State, is currently the Chief Matron of Armed Forces Medical Hospital, Kano. She has been to war in Congo, served at Ibadan, Kaduna, among other places within the country.

She was born in Dorayi Quarters on March 19, 1964, and grew up in Yakasai quarters of Kano, and later began her early education at wagwarwa Primary School, and later joined St. Louis Primary School.

Being a bright student, Hajara gained admission into Queen’s College, Lagos and St. Louis Secondary School, Kano. She would have chosen the former option but for her dad’s transfer to Kano. After completing her secondary education, she joined School of Nursing, Kano.

It was at that school that she took the decision to join the Nigerian Air Force, following recruitment drive for medical personnel.

"It was actually a dramatic situation. My mom Hajiya didn’t like it at all. And my dad pretends that he also didn’t like it in order to please her. But he actually encouraged me and respected my choice," the widow said.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/photos-first-hausa-muslim-female-wing.html
Oh wow... I'm reading this for the first time. Awesome.

Hajara Bashir Umar, a graduate
of the popular St. Louis Secondary School, Kano, and a Wing
Commander in the Nigerian
Airforce! I'm very proud of her achievements as a brilliant core
Northern woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Buhari Is Going With Yahaya Bello' - Dino Melaye's New Song (video, Photos) / Tinubu, Oshiomhole, El-rufai’s 2023 Posters Spark Debate / Border Closure: Smugglers Devise New Methods To Beat Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.