Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? (15940 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Adekoolz(m): 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
Well because I ran 42km at Lagos marathon yesterday. I couldn't move my body in the morning!
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
Seun:
Atheism.

Well, the praise worship part of church is nice because it can help you to lose weight and build your physical stamina. It's like dancing at a club.

Well...if you want to lose weight via dancing.....you have to go for high intensity dancing...like Zumba....and do it more than three times a week. Church dancing won't cut it.

As regards the topic.....I am one of those whom they call essential services....hence my not being in church today.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by ikdiaro(m): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mactop01:
Cloth don finish, No Offering money, and no light to iron cloth, but Offering money na d main Ish sha,
lolz* that not an excuse bro*
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mrs0J:
Went to church but was 50% disappointed, how can a minster (pastor's wife) say that if u give offering sparingingly that u will reap sparingingly with the tone of if u can afford N100 tha God will give you N100 and if u didn't give God won't give. And she asked us to pray the prayer, I got angry and sat down. God knew I don't have much and out of the little I had I gave N200 N this woman said I should pray that I will reap N200. Makes no sense.
hahahahahahaha. grin

and you still went ahead to give the N200 you had on you

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Pwettyella(f): 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
Seun:
Atheism.

Well, the praise worship part of church is nice because it can help you to lose weight and build your physical stamina. It's like dancing at a club.
Lyk seriously,even if u don't bliv in smthin doesn't mean u shld talk against it in such a way,sorry for quoting u bt I Just had to
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by YuckFou: 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
allanphash7:
Cos i'm a deist

What is a deist?
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
ShyNeptune:

hahahahahahaha. grin

and you still went ahead to give the N200 you had on you

Yea cos it was meant for offering
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Adeyinka1758(m): 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
Peebuddy:
My bet cast today again
who cast am, i just dey luk barca o
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by efilefun(m): 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2016
henrydadon:
but see as u be like deeper life church member for your dp
lol thought I was the only one who noticed that... She be like sister Mary
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by YuckFou: 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
Where I am in the world it is still saturday. Guess where.
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mrs0J:

Yea cos it was meant for offering
WOW!
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Mekanus(m): 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
I ain't doing that shit no more. I can't continue to allow my fellow men to screw my life up with some outdated fairy tales

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
kanaleke:
We always have this available made excuses of not going to church when someone asks....ranging from " I had a long day on saturday, I couldn't figure out what to put on or I don't have nice cloth to wear, some will even go as far as saying that they woke late- I think that is the funniest among all and unfortunately I among these group. Let's hear from you. What prevented you from going to church today nairalanders
most time I see church as a waste of time!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by hardisha81(m): 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
Religion is bondage, religion is a scam and lastly CHURCH is a business centre, where one deposit and invest his/her resources without benefits...

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
YuckFou:

What is a deist?
belief in the existence of a God on the evidence of reason and nature only, with rejection of supernatural revelation (distinguished from theism ). 2. belief in a God who created the world but has since remained indifferent to it. Origin of deism Expand.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by musicwriter(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
Seun:
But it's the church that told you that God is real.

You're getting it wrong.

I, for one don't believe in God because of church, mosque, pastors, imams. Rather, I believe in God because of my personal conviction that God (not quite like the bible God or islam God) exist. Millions of Christians across the world are of this view. In fact, Albert Einstein when asked whether he believe in God, said "I'm the most believing unbeliever" and I kind of share that view as well. God have nothing to do with religion!.

Left for churches, mosques, pastors, imams, I'll not believe in God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Freelancer007(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
Seun:
Atheism.

@bolded really got me laughing hard. grin But seriously, try to find your creator.

I respect your atheistic belief. But seriously, the Lord, God, does exist. Not a fiction. Pls research and find out more about Him. I pray He shows you the true way.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
Pwettyella:

Lol,u r one funny dude
M sorry for quoting u bt ur reply got me cracking up
cheesy grin grin cheesy
No need to be sorry smiley
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Niceman4u(m): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=Seun post=42699843]Atheism.

Well, the praise worship part of church is nice because it can help you to lose weight and build your physical stamina. It's like dancing at a club.[/quo

Seun! U bi atheist? Don't claim atheist because God almighty exists, he s ur maker nd can stop ur breath if he wishes.
All these acclaimed atheists neva see things o o
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Goodnuel: 1:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
Mrs0J:
Went to church but was 50% disappointed, how can a minster (pastor's wife) say that if u give offering sparingingly that u will reap sparingingly with the tone of if u can afford N100 tha God will give you N100 and if u didn't give God won't give. And she asked us to pray the prayer, I got angry and sat down. God knew I don't have much and out of the little I had I gave N200 N this woman said I should pray that I will reap N200. Makes no sense.
grin grin
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Mekanus(m): 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
I ain't doing that shit no more. I can't continue to allow my fellow men screw my life up with some outdated fairy tales

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Seun(m): 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
musicwriter:
Rather, I believe in God because of my personal conviction that God (not quite like the bible God or islam God) exist
Where did you get the idea that "personal conviction" without any evidence is sufficient to establish the existence of God? From religious people you have met, religious books you have read, or religious sermons you have listened to. If not for this exposure, you wouldn't believe that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Mikeparlo12(m): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
because today is not sabbath

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Pwettyella(f): 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
cheesy grin grin cheesy No need to be sorry smiley
Ok thanks
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Goodnuel: 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
musicwriter:

You're getting it wrong.

I, for one don't believe in God because of church, mosque, pastors, imams. Rather, I believe in God because of my personal conviction that God (not quite like the bible God or islam God) exist. Millions of Christians across the world are of this view. In fact, Albert Einstein when asked whether he believe in God, said "I'm the most believing unbeliever" and I kind of share that view as well. God have nothing to do with religion!.

Left for churches, mosques, pastors, imams, I'll not believe in God.
Your head has oil cheesy
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Psylas(m): 1:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
In the 1st place, I don't have reason to go church

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by ATERI(m): 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
In most cases, it`s the less inteligent ones and the most evil that go to church

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
herald9:
Same question every Sunday.

What's a church sef?
a church is your own body but we humans like complicating things, so therefore we make a buildings and say "let us call this a church so that we can control the mindset of individuals that goes through this building! for we shall dance, shout and tax the people and in some case we shall cast lot on their heads" SO THERE THINK!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by ritababe(f): 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
factorial1:

It saddens that, that's the way you see it.
If you know the evicacy and essence of worship, you wouldn't have said this sir.

I know this might cause a life ban.. But I'm not the type that hides truth Cheers

dont mind him, maybe he sold his soul to devil for ................
I didnt say anything oh
Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by flyca: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nubian113:

Hahahaha I agree with you there. As a Muslim I don't like the stamp forced on me but if that stamp deters terrorists who want to insult, upset and hurt people especially these set of minorities, can I add then it has to be done.

Let's leave together please undecided
kiss

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by musicwriter(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
Seun:
Where did you get the idea that "personal conviction" without any evidence is sufficient to establish the existence of God? From religious people you have met, religious books you have read, or religious sermons you have listened to. If not for this exposure, you wouldn't believe that.

Because..........

1. Your digestive system works like a machine.

2. Your circulatory systems works like a machine.

3. Your respiratory system works like a machine.

4. Your nervous system works like a machine.

5. You are a walking machine yourself!.
e.t.c.

Machines don't create themselves, they're built by someone intelligent.

By the way, the same question could also be reversed on you. Where did you get your own conviction that God doesn't exit?.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? by Olusanya333(m): 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
Home my home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

RCCG 68th Annual & 1st Virtual Convention, 3-9 August, 2020 / Burial Of Two Victims Of Ozubulu Church Massacre (Photos) / Where Did God Come From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.