Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai (27044 Views)

We Must Stop Producing More Babies And Create More Jobs says Senator Ben Bruce / Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai / FG Now Funds IDP Camps In Borno, Says Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by vislabraye(m): 9:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
LordAdam:
Abeg those in charge of selling wailers form should find one for Senator Kaka.

APC zombies, this man na APC senator, so e no get as una 1 twist am.

Lai and PMB wen never enter Bornu dey Abuja and abroad talk say BH do not control any territory in Nigeria. Now an APC senator representing a senatorial district in the embattled state is saying otherwise.

You guys should also note that under GEJ, Dalori was peaceful, but under PMB, children were burnt to death in the community. Only for PMB to call burnt children an embarrassment to his administration.

Our able senator has also advised that people should not move back until security can be assured. He that has ears let him hear.

We have heard from the horses mouth. Unless you reside in Bornu, do not quote me to type trash.

PMB cannot say he is being truthful by calling Nigerians criminals abroad, and then lie that BH have been defeated abroad. That is hypocrisy!!!

-Lord

I'm waiting for Lai to tell us Gej bribed this senator.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
And baba + lai will say they are winning the war

Smh for this government

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by LordAdam: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
vislabraye:

I'm waiting for Lai to tell us Gej bribed this senator.

As in eh!

Or they will discover one case of corruption against him or how he is a former PDP chieftain or something to discredit him.

These people are too predictable.

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by vislabraye(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
very shameful for u saTANist wailers to uncover d truth reported by ndume but believe d lie said by ur fellow saTANist

If you can't be constructive in your argument, then shut up. You don't behave what your handle says.
For your info, this senator is an Apc person.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Olukat(m): 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Some people cannot technically spell lying..

The senator is entitled to his opinion. The military with its intelligence apparatus are in a better position to tell Nigerians the truth about matters on the ground. From all indication bh cannot hold territory they are simply doing hit and run attacks. NA keeps inflicting one deadly body count after another BH. That's remains a truth the wailing zombies seek to distort.

In Nigeria Lie = Lai, so Laing is so correct tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by MizMyColi(f): 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
LadyExcellency:
Moment of truth by Senator Garbai (APC) Jonathan handed
Buhari a liberated Northeast and Buhari's complacency and strategy empowered and brought back Bokoharam

Cc: Passingshot
Progressive01 / Omenka cheesy
Ngeneukwenu / cleverly
Modath
Tonyebarcanista
eGift
Rose2014
Mizmycoli
Arresa
Gbawe
Israeliairforce

My Sister.
I was going to create a similar thread.
My conversation with a Nairalander yesterday forced me to reach out to my person in Maidugri and get a detailed account of the gudumbali 130, not 105. Gosh....such horror. I finally confirmed that the picture I posted last year of those soldiers whose bodies looked charred were part of them too. They had never been to Maidugri and didn't understand the tactics of BH. When they saw that Buffalo vehicle and Toyota Hilux Van, they thought it was fellow soldiers. God, what those men did. *sighs*

But it is good that someone of higher rank is letting us in on the truth.

The last time the Borno state governor alerted President Buhari that the NA were only in full control of two LGAs, Buratai our COAS slapped him. Yes, the COAS slapped an executive governor.

As for me, no more back and forths. Enough of the complaints, I've seen that we can't afford the luxury anymore. We're at that stage where every well meaning person must put hands on deck to claim back Nigeria.

If you support or oppose the government of the day, what is your motive? Is it selfish or selfless...
Only you are in the best position to answer.

I'm taking this rare opportunity to express renewed hope in the people of this nation, that no matter how hopeless situations may seem; in a not too distant future, we will see changes, and those changes will begin with us.

If any Soldier is reading this, please know that you have my best wishes. I learnt that your fallen colleagues are now buried on the spot without their families being notified.

I also learnt that your salaries don't come as they used to, and you are being owed RCM allowances (some up to four months)... *sighs*
Gosh, I shake my head.

My brother, keep faith. Stay strong. Be careful, be vigilant. Maintain positive thoughts. For your sake, I believe and I hope that things will get better. Please keep on. I honour you and I honour the memories of your slain colleagues.
It is well.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Splashme: 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
The truth has finally come home to wear slippers.

Before buhari come back from vacation every lies he has been using his body odour to cover will be exposed
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by LadyExcellency: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Very funny! In the other thread you made baseless allegation against me simply because of my position on anti-corruption. I can say(without contradiction) that PDP footsoldiers are causing more harm than good to the party. The non-strategic opposition approach has caused so much dent on the party's already battered image. Is it not surprising that it is yet to get direction/vision and more people/chieftains are exiting? In fact, from my own investigation, more people are tilting to the fencist than PDP when they are dissatisfied with the ruling party. If you doubt me, take a NL poll!

What does the party stand for? Is it willing to change and make itself attractive like a responsible opposition or it want to follow this path that has no appeal for any sane man? If the party is willing to rebrand(for real), some of us will see to that coming to being. But if it insist on sinking, I'm afraid.....

Distrungled Nigerians are the ones complaining not PDP foot soldiers.

The more the number, the possibility of weighing the two devils becomes imperative. A society will produce leaders of her kind not angels from jupiter.

What is important to common Nigerians on the street is capital flow. How much money is in their pocket and their ability to meet their needs.

Chop I chop (PDP style) is better than Embezzlement by few (APC style) without recourse to the plight of the masses.

At least, PDP has a template and vision for Nigeria whereas APC has none. The spell cast on Nigerians will soon fall off.

Remember, in Nigeria, it's not really about the party but individuals standing for the political platform. What PDP needs is just reforming the process it selects party flagbearers by allowing grassroot participation.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by GreyLaw(m): 10:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
jaybee:

So it's the senator Garbai that is truthful here? how do government and Boko haram share control of local Governments? does a terrorist attack implies territorial control? there has been bomb attacks in Abuja can we now say Boko haram is in control, or sharing control of Abuja?

Let the senator name his source of information.

Governments the world over are known to be economical with the truth. I'd be worried if you believed this government so much as to reject any opposing voice. Again, remember the kind of minister of information we have on our hands.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by lailo: 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
And u expect me to believe dis lame report.Let me take u back!!!have u forgoten when insurgents have d freedom and space to rule LGs,even hoist dia flags with video evidences,showing videos of killing of captives,and even leader given press release and videos.This story is false and from PDP just to rubish gains of d military and by extension Bihari.
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by vislabraye(m): 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
cizy:

Am glad you called out both Buhari and Jonathan. I prefer Jonathan as a president to to Buhari but truth be told, he was too soft and tried listening to fools that never meant well for his government and Nigeria by extension. He allowed the cries of some useless elements and boko haram sympathizers to hinder his fight against insurgency. As much as i hate Obj, I know that Buhari and co would have never had the guts to utter trash during his administration and walk free. Also, OBJ wouldn't have listened to some disgruntled elements seeking sympathy for Boko haram.

I can boldly say that many people from that side supported boko haram and didn't fear to show it. They also covered the miscreants and allowed them integrate fully with the masses. All these happened during those periods bokos were bombing only churches, police stations and barracks. They started speaking out when it dawned on them that the menace was being felt beyond their expectations.

I still think that the removal of Ihejirika was GEJ's greatest undoing in the fight against insurgency.

I share your thoughts. GEJ could have done a lot but he's more sensible than what we have now. And the fact that he's from a minority tribe made things tougher for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Ndolarr: 11:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
It is a big surprise that even a senator from Borno could talk this way! He failed to tell us what efforts he has made to help Nigeria overcome the insurgents and how the menace can be ended! He is really an 'end time senator' with no appreciation of the reason he was elected a senator in the first place! Shameful!!
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by braavoo(m): 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
And 4 years still long o
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by braavoo(m): 11:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
Soro niyen? undecidedSoro niyen?
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by jaybee(f): 11:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
GreyLaw:

Governments the world over are known to be economical with the truth. I'd be worried if you believed this government so much as to reject any opposing voice. Again, remember the kind of minister of information we have on our hands.

you have not addressed my questions. attempt to answer my posers and you the limitations of your line of thought.

and you should be worried with yourself if you think you could just wave government information aside and embrace the speculation of a desperate relevance seeking individual.

jaybee:

So it's the senator Garbai that is truthful here? how do government and Boko haram share control of local Governments? does a terrorist attack implies territorial control? there has been bomb attacks in Abuja can we now say Boko haram is in control, or sharing control of Abuja?

Let the senator name his source of information.
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by henryutd(m): 12:03am On Feb 08, 2016
I won't comment till I see Lie Mohammed's response.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by ImpactWorld(m): 12:04am On Feb 08, 2016
blueto:

I feel highly demoralized, devastated in the sense that this is the village we came during the election and they were going about their normal business.
“They actually got the signal a few days before the attack that the insurgents were likely to attack them,they reported to the constituted authorities but nothing was done.
He said it was a lie and misconception that the insurgents have largely be overpowered by the military, insisting that:
“It is a wrong assumption that most of the local governments in Borno are recapturedfrom the Boko Haram. In reality this is not true in the sense that apart from Maiduguri Metropolis, Bayo and Kwaya Kusar, these are the three local government that are under the occupation of the Nigerian government where the military and police are maintaining law and order.

Mobbar, Abadam and Kala Balge are 100 percent occupied by the insurgents. There are some local governments that are partially occupied by the insurgents especially as the local government secretariats have been liberated but their hither-lands are still controlled by the insurgents.”

Garbai gave an instance of Konduga which was liberated but still has many communities in the local government area under the insurgents.
He also said “though Gwoza town has been liberated there still remain six wards in Gwoza local government area still occupied by the insurgents.”
He said: “From my count, only three local government are fully liberated, 21 local governments partially occupied by insurgents, that is there is still some level of Boko Haram occupation side by side the military or any other constituted authority. The local government fully occupied by Boko Haram are Abadam, Mobbar and Kala Balge.’He advised that: “We should not live under the illusion that Boko Haram are decimated or weaken, these are not reality and neither a true reflection of the reality. The reality is that most of the local government in Borno is partially occupied by Boko Haram.”
Where is Buhari?
Where is Liar Mohammed?
Where are the APC supporters?

Didn't Buhari promise to lead the war from the front?
Didn't APC supporters claim that General Buhari will wipe out Boko Haram within a short time?
And didn't Buhari claim that Boko Haram has been defeated?

Those who intentionally bring pain and suffering to Nigerians through lies, deceit, persecution and wickedness will never know peace.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Jerryike12(m): 1:03am On Feb 08, 2016
Bihari land is land is been over run and he takes leave. Hmmm wat a selfish leader

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by 9jatatafo(m): 2:58am On Feb 08, 2016
This government has successfully sold lies to us through the chief liar Lai Mohammed. Also they APC has controlled the media in a way that they don't report the real news about the activities of the Boko Haram making us believe the NA is winning the terror war.
Things are going bad APC. From weakened naira to failing economic policies. Prices of goods and cost of living going up everyday, NSE is nose diving. What is this?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Billygee2u: 5:04am On Feb 08, 2016
APCLyingBastard:
Let liar mohammed and Buhari continue lying to themselves

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Billygee2u: 5:18am On Feb 08, 2016
LordAdam:
Abeg those in charge of selling wailers form should find one for Senator Kaka.

APC zombies, this man na APC senator, so e no get as una 1 twist am.

Lai and PMB wen never enter Bornu dey Abuja and abroad talk say BH do not control any territory in Nigeria. Now an APC senator representing a senatorial district in the embattled state is saying otherwise.

You guys should also note that under GEJ, Dalori was peaceful, but under PMB, children were burnt to death in the community. Only for PMB to call burnt children an embarrassment to his administration.

Our able senator has also advised that people should not move back until security can be assured. He that has ears let him hear.

We have heard from the horses mouth. Unless you reside in Bornu, do not quote me to type trash.

PMB cannot say he is being truthful by calling Nigerians criminals abroad, and then lie that BH have been defeated abroad. That is hypocrisy!!!

-Lord
Buhari is a Crook and the most hardened Criminal in Nigeria.
A bigot who openly declared that late ABACHA didn't loot Nigeria
Buhari is unrepentant lair that's why he chosed a cronic diabetic lair,lair mohammed as his information minister

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobody: 5:38am On Feb 08, 2016
Pidggin:
Hahahahahahaha thank God am not a zombie.
Wailers are superior to Zombies...lol.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 08, 2016
Just half? I'm pleasantly surprised smh
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Oz4realsss: 6:24am On Feb 08, 2016
Ndolarr:
It is a big surprise that even a senator from Borno could talk this way! He failed to tell us what efforts he has made to help Nigeria overcome the insurgents and how the menace can be ended! He is really an 'end time senator' with no appreciation of the reason he was elected a senator in the first place! Shameful!!
I will like you to clap for your excuses. You can as well blame Jonathan instead of the senator. Have you blamed him today? Your Bubu is your "god" that you must worship. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Amanwulu1(m): 6:41am On Feb 08, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

u seem 2 b d only 1 who doesn't knw he's equating bubu's minister to lie, i.e Laing. Use ur head now witout hating ur fellow citizen over irresponsible politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobleking2000(m): 6:56am On Feb 08, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

The senator is entitled to his opinion. The military with its intelligence apparatus are in a better position to tell Nigerians the truth about matters on the ground. From all indication bh cannot hold territory they are simply doing hit and run attacks. NA keeps inflicting one deadly body count after another BH. That's remains a truth the wailing zombies seek to distort.

can the nigerian army give detailed information the way he did?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by 989900: 6:59am On Feb 08, 2016
He said: “From my count, only three local government are fully liberated, 21 local governments partially occupied by insurgents, that is there is still some level of Boko Haram occupation side by side the military or any other constituted authority. The local government fully occupied by Boko Haram are Abadam, Mobbar and Kala Balge.’He advised that: “We should not live under the illusion that Boko Haram are decimated or weaken, these are not reality and neither a true reflection of the reality. The reality is that most of the local government in Borno is partially occupied by Boko Haram.”

Who is telling the truth?
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by uchwar1: 7:12am On Feb 08, 2016
This senator Garbai or what do u call urself, u are a liar. Half of which borno? the problem of Borno is land mass with forest.
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by amazingspiderma: 7:15am On Feb 08, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

So this is your own opinion after reading a Senator's report from his own homeland,where his own brothers and sisters live.Interesting.....

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by monex(m): 7:27am On Feb 08, 2016
4Play:

Nigerians are downright evil. People are being slaughtered but many remain in denial mode because they want to save face for politicians who don't give a crap about your existence.

This is the exact same denial campaign PDP defenders mounted during the GEJ era whilst people were being slaughtered. Is there no ounce of decency or humanity left in you lot?
exactly. PDP tried to downplay then. APC doing same now.

APC needs to realise that most neutrals did not want GEJ back albeit were still skpetical about PMB. There is no chance that GEJ can come back (or ever defeat PMB) in future as most Nigerians do not want him. APC do not need to compare themselves with the previous Govt or be campaigning while in Power. If APC dont get their acts right, a new candidate/party will spring up and give them a run for their money.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by monex(m): 7:38am On Feb 08, 2016
4Play:

That's a complete lie. There has been a virtual stalemate since March but Boko Haram has maintained control over a large swathe of Borno during that time. That is why they are often able to move in large numbers over great distances and mount attacks largely unperturbed.

Boko Haram illustrates the complete moral and intellectual bankruptcy of the Nigerian political class. Had GEJ tackled this menace earlier, it would not have gained such control. Of course, it didn't help that the likes of Buhari sought to gain political capital in the early days by claiming an attack on Boko Haram is tantamount to an attack on the North. Nigeria is a country run by idiotic traitors.

Very true

and just so you know 4Play. The objectivity in your political section posts is something i admire.
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by maxzzo1(m): 8:17am On Feb 08, 2016
Is shame we have a lying govt, full of deceit, no direction....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hausa Man Must Be Emir / Remi Tinubu Visits Bayelsa, Donates ₦‎50 Million To Flood Victims / Please Forgive Me, I Made Wrong Choice – Wike Begs Rivers People Over Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.