Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. (7078 Views)

Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? / Father Of Twins Abandoned At Lagos Hospital Vows Not To Take Their Mother Back / Ladies: For Those Who Wish Their Mother-in-law Death - Bamisepeters' Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by dhabeautyjas(f): 7:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Do they have brothers? That mean their brothers wifes would pray their own mothers too die before he marries

Do they plan to have sons? That means they would also die before their son can get married
Exactly my point. I always ask them same Q.
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by Miami11: 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
Haywhymido:
i guess dat include urs too. And why shdnt dey be possessive? After spending 9mths in sumone body, she watch the baby grow up n become a man/lady.Who wldnt be pls after many years spent together? The main problem here is dat mothers dont see their kids as grown ups, no matter how old dey(children) r. Coz, the image dey all see of them is dat of when they(children) r little, needing love n care always. The child most esp. the man shd be the one to keep telling his mother dat he is an adult now n must also behave as one. I will like to knw ur view on dis same issue 40yrs frm now.
And why can't this mother marry her own son since she labored for 9 months, and suffered, and now has to possess the son by fire and force
Dint this mother in law also marry somebody's son, wht happened to leaving your parents to become one with your wife.
Why can't she let go after training him properly and let him be a man, an adult and a father,

This is how I look at my own son, My son did not write me a letter in his womb begging me to bring him to life,
This is a choice me and my husband made, I will train him well since it is my duty and when he is ready to fly the nest and marry I will step aside and trust his judgement, I will not try to impose myself again in his life saying I gave him a life and now he has to drag me everywhere he goes even to the detriment of his privacy.

13 Likes

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by Haywhymido(m): 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
Miami11:

And why can't this mother marry her own son since she labored for 9 months, and suffered, and now has to possess the son by fire and force
Dint this mother in law also marry somebody's son, wht happened to leaving your parents to become one with your wife.
Why can't she let go after training him properly and let him be a man, an adult and a father,

This is how I look at my own son, My son did not write me a letter in his womb begging me to bring him to life,
This is a choice me and my husband made, I will train him well since it is my duty and when he is ready to fly the nest and marry I will step aside and trust his judgement, I will not try to impose myself again in his life saying I gave him a life and now he has to drag me everywhere he goes even to the detriment of his privacy.
sure, i knw how sum MIL are a pain in a*s likewise sum DIL too.But thread carefully, coz frm what i read 4rm ur comments, i can see how ur blood dey hot. i will advice u nt to in whatever case av a face-up or verbal argument with ur MIL. If u av a problem with ur MIL, talk to husband dat is if u like urself n children(most esp. if she is frm either igbo or yoruba tribe). Dat's my 5cents.I think it is better to avoid sum avoidable sumthings, dont go n start a problem dat will be bigger dan d one she maybe giving u now. N 4 what u wrote up there, dat is what every lady do says but finds it difficult to do when the time comes 4 it. Am sure, ur MIL wld av said d same 50yrs back.40yrs frm now, am sure ur view will differ frm what it is now. Abi no be ladies again
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by cococandy(f): 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
Did you hear them say this with your two ears?
as in were you there when they knelt to say such prayers? Honestly.

I'm asking because a lot of people keep parroting this same comment about how some ladies pray for their MILs to die before they get married and I wonder who says such prayers in the presence of others.
African magic had spoiled a lot of things for reality such that you find hordes of people like you making such accusations when the the truth is that they've never in real life come across someone who let them into their privacy to the extent that they witness them saying such prayers or making such wishes.

They just repeat what they've heard other people say DILs do. undecided

Now I'm not saying there aren't bad DILs. There must be since badness comes in all shapes and sizes but only an insane person would pray for the death of someone they've never met.
The way I keep hearing this same line repeated over and over like its a norm makes me wonder if I've been living under a rock that I don't encounter these multitude of mad ladies that pray for the deaths of MILs they've never met.

dhabeautyjas:
this topic is an African problem. I remember when i was in secondary school, some girls always pray that their mil is dead before they marry, then i do pray for God to meet her alive and she should be my other mum, God does answers prayers.

mil is very nice and straight forward, she is very kind as she loves her son like kilode, that love is transferred to me. she was with me in my first pregnancy a month before i delivered. after i put to bed, 6 weeks, she washed baby and my clothes, cooked for me and makes sure i sleep well. she is God sent.
she always tells me how nice her mil was to her.
I think she is just a good woman cos thats exactly how she is to her other son's wife too. she is a genius. and i always try to make her happy.

ost of these wicked women also had their share of wickedness and they are transfering the agression.
wish all of those with wicked and mean mil will also not turn out to be mean when the time comes.

4 Likes

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by Tallesty1(m): 12:18am On Feb 11, 2016
Pidggin:
Mother-in-laws are too possesive, if only they can let go, peace will reign.
Says a potential mother inlaw. You will never see the good side of your ma-inlaw if you get married with this warped mentality.

That's not my business anyways but Please do the good ones a favour and put "some" there before I 4ward your address to the nearest thunder station.

Girls are really weird.
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by Tallesty1(m): 12:25am On Feb 11, 2016
Ginaz:
I neva enter marriage yet eh but that woman harsh no be small grin , she doesn't take shit and she tells you bluntly whatever she wants to tell you! Who born you? grin. I went to my boo's house and thought it would be okay if I spend the night there. She told me to my face that I can't! shocked. I was embarrassed and the same time angry.

I gently called ma boo aside and told him his mother was being rude to me, to my surprise he laughed and said that's how she is, straight forward person, I was angry and my face don swell like eba wen don dey ready. I was upset and down that whole evening, then she started asking me about my health, if I've, eaten? Bla bla bla.

It took me time for me to relax and enjoy her company again, well, I guess that's how she is. When I marry, me and ma boo go pack go Jerusalem far far away from her grin.

She did me a favour sef , cos me and boo con go privately private place as we con do Chinese film grin. Na just kiss sha wink

First thing first. Baes don't sleep in their boos house when your ma-inlaw to be was ur mate so try to see things from her own angle.

8 Likes

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by Miami11: 3:39am On Feb 11, 2016
cococandy:

I'm asking because a lot of people keep parroting this same comment about how some ladies pray for their MILs to die before they get married and I wonder who says such prayers in the presence of others.
African magic had spoiled a lot of things for reality such that you find hordes of people like you making such accusations when the the truth is that they've never in real life come across someone who let them into their privacy to the extent that they witness them saying such prayers or making such wishes.

Now I'm not saying there aren't bad DILs. There must be since badness comes in all shapes and sizes but only an insane person would pray for the death of someone they've never met.
The way I keep hearing this same line repeated over and over like its a norm makes me wonder if I've been living under a rock that I don't encounter these multitude of mad ladies that pray for the deaths of MILs they've never met.

I think they make up this phrase or watch alot of nollywood movies.
Growing up I never heard any one say this words. Who would say such when they've never met their mother in law.its just ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by cococandy(f): 4:45am On Feb 11, 2016
Miami11:

I think they make up this phrase or watch alot of nollywood movies.
Growing up I never heard any one say this words. Who would say such when they've never met their mother in law.its just ridiculous.
Maybe a few crazy folks might say such but it's not as commonplace as this alarmist forum makes it seem.
Everyone just touts it like they know someone who's told them that.
Sigh undecided

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by LewsTherin: 6:48am On Feb 11, 2016
cococandy:

Maybe a few crazy folks might say such but it's not as commonplace as this alarmist forum makes it seem.
Sigh undecided

True. Plus I have a great mother-in-law, my Lady and mum get along swimmingly and the percentage of bad MILs to good in the circle of people I find myself in is much smaller. I'v been following this thread since it began and I can not relate at all
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by jaybeyblu: 7:30am On Feb 11, 2016
My aunt prayed to marry a man whose mother is dead and she did marry one. her reasons was that she saw how her mom (my grand ma) treated her daughters in law terribly and she wouldn't want that. on the other hand, I love the inspiring stories i read here on wonderful MIL's and i pray to God that i would have a wonderful MIL who would treat me like her daughter despite the past experiences i had. It depends on the individual though like someone said, if you are a good person you are good, MIL or DIL. I for sure know that my mother would be a bad MIL to her future daughters in-law, she is insatiable. and i just hope my brothers stand up for their wives when the time comes because honestly i feel sorry for them already.

3 Likes

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by cococandy(f): 8:15am On Feb 11, 2016
LewsTherin:

True. Plus I have a great mother-in-law, my Lady and mum get along swimmingly and the percentage of bad MILs to good in the circle of people I find myself in is much smaller. I'v been following this thread since it began and I can not relate at all
thank you
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by cococandy(f): 8:21am On Feb 11, 2016
Instead of her to pray for a good one she's prayed for a dead one. Lol.
Hope she's ready to die before her sons marry? God forbid though. Just using it as rhetoric.

She should have been wise enough to know that everyone can't be bad like her mom who treated her (your aunt's) SILs badly.

I just don't see any sense in such comments and that she made them to you shows she's no different from her mom (your grandma) whom she's trying to avoid in a MIL.

jaybeyblu:
My aunt prayed to marry a man whose mother is dead and she did marry one. her reasons was that she saw how her mom (my grand ma) treated her daughters in law terribly and she wouldn't want that. on the other hand, I love the inspiring stories i read here on wonderful MIL's and i pray to God that i would have a wonderful MIL who would treat me like her daughter despite the past experiences i had. It depends on the individual though like someone said, if you are a good person you are good, MIL or DIL. I for sure know that my mother would be a bad MIL to her future daughters in-law, she is insatiable. and i just hope my brothers stand up for their wives when the time comes because honestly i feel sorry for them already.
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by jaybeyblu: 9:51am On Feb 11, 2016
cococandy:
Instead of her to pray for a good one she's prayed for a dead one. Lol.
Hope she's ready to die before her sons marry? God forbid though. Just using it as rhetoric.

She should have been wise enough to know that everyone can't be bad like her mom who treated her (your aunt's) SILs badly.

I just don't see any sense in such comments and that she made them to you shows she's no different from her mom (your grandma) whom she's trying to avoid in a MIL.

Exactly! Funny enough my aunt now has 3 boys imagine if their future wives pray the same prayers. lol.
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by cococandy(f): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2016
jaybeyblu:

Exactly! Funny enough my aunt now has 3 boys imagine if their future wives pray the same prayers. lol.
oh ho
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by dhabeautyjas(f): 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
cococandy:

yes when we gist, some of them then had mothers suffering mil palava so they use that as a yardstick.
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by raumdeuter: 6:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
jaybeyblu:

She would get exactly what she prayed for. i.e Die before any of her sons get married

You would reap exactly what you sow
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by Ginaz(f): 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Tallesty1:
First thing first. Baes don't sleep in their boos house when your ma-inlaw to be was ur mate so try to see things from her own angle.

I've slept ma boo's house once and she was there. And besides, I've only slept his house just once, he was the one that asked me to come see him that fateful day but unfortunately his mother thought otherwise. She's a cool woman though, when things goes wrong with him, she calls me first to tell me. That's just the kind of person she is!
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by kibzz(m): 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
My mom is superb.. Marry one of her sons..

jaybeyblu:
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by jaybeyblu: 8:02am On Feb 12, 2016
kibzz:
My mom is superb.. Marry one of her sons..

wow! ok cheesy

1 Like

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by krak101(m): 10:13am On Feb 12, 2016
The woman folks a MYSTERY. Every bride today turns out a granny tomorrow but the chain of events keeps going round. Stopped trying to understand this kind of phenomem a long time ago
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by Creamish(f): 10:29am On Feb 12, 2016
Haywhymido:
dat is how all some women behave, regardless of age. they see demselves as competitors. U people r really ur own worst enemy.

corrected.

2 Likes

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by NoQualms1(f): 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
Pineapp:
It's saddening sad

Sorry for your loss,may God grant her eternal rest.
Thanks Pineapp. Amen.

Chidoks:

Oh dear,sorry for your loss. Just keep recalling her love each time you miss her.
Thanks. I will.

Haywhymido:
u will live longer dan u ever wished for. Remember to reciprocate such, even better to ur future DIL. RIP TO GRANDMA
Amen. Thanks.
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by Fredoh(m): 12:13am On Jun 01, 2016
Miami11:

It's not a preconceived idea. You enter a marriage in good faith hoping for a good relationship with everyone. Your mother in law gets hatefull what do you do.
Of course if you've never experienced this you will assume people are making up this stuff.
It's real my dear their are nasty monster in laws out there
All these mother in-law complaints, make we hear word I beg. Why are you guys not complaining about father in-law. You see! It's because men are more straight forward. The same you complaining today will become mother in-law to someone in the future and that time, she will discuss your evil on a more sophisticated forum than Nairaland.
It all boils down to how girls behave that evolve to what you see as mother in-law issues. Let us all change our attitudes! Peace.
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by Miami11: 12:31am On Jun 01, 2016
Fredoh:

All these mother in-law complaints, make we hear word I beg. Why are you guys not complaining about father in-law. You see! It's because men are more straight forward. The same you complaining today will become mother in-law to someone in the future and that time, she will discuss your evil on a more sophisticated forum than Nairaland.
It all boils down to how girls behave that evolve to what you see as mother in-law issues. Let us all change our attitudes! Peace.
You act as if you are familiar with all homes to know whose at fault or who will do what in future

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by crackhaus: 9:42am On Jun 01, 2016
Fredoh:

Lmao... MIL issues all the time, hardly do we see/hear a man complaining or having FIL issues. gringrin

And when I tell some ladies that they're not normal, they feel it's an insult - a lot of women are always in competition with another woman somewhere covertly or overtly. Lol... gringrin
It's usually over a man, or who got married first/who is still single, or who wears the best clothes, or who has more exemplary children...etc.

Tallesty1:
Says a potential mother inlaw. You will never see the good side of your ma-inlaw if you get married with this warped mentality.

That's not my business anyways but Please do the good ones a favour and put "some" there before I 4ward your address to the nearest thunder station.

Girls/women are really weird.
I think it has something to do with bleeding for one week every month and not dying from the blood loss.

2 Likes

Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by freshvine(f): 7:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
raumdeuter:
In 30yrs time, Another set of daughters in law would be posting the same thing about these same people complaining about their mother in laws currently

Funny thing is those devil mothers in law have daughters too married. While they're termed angels in their daughters marital homes they're called demons in their sons marital homes.
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by freshvine(f): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
cococandy:

Sigh undecided

It amaze me how you turn from champion of feminism to a diplomat of moral compass.

Is it about marriage? Marriage indeed still humble sisters judging from your contributions before and during marriage
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by raumdeuter: 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
freshvine:

Funny thing is those devil mothers in law have daughters too married. While they're termed angels in their daughters marital homes they're called demons in their sons marital homes.

Yes oo Thats because the husband of the daughter doesnt make any trouble but women? make we no talk

The MIL of today complained about their own mother in laws too 30yrs ago and another 30yrs from now another set of wives would be complaining of their MIL

SOme even pray that the MIL should die before they marry the son
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by oweniwe(m): 7:30am On Jun 02, 2016
Since nobody wan reply...
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by MissIndependent(f): 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2016
Abiagirl777:
Cant forget on 4th I was terribly sick,I begged this woman to bath her 4mth grandson,she ignored me.I was on my knees in the bathroom struggling to bath My son while she was watching movies(my husband drove out to buy her bread bf we leave for the hospital),he was enraged when he came back.
By 6am on sat. We woke her to prepare its time to go.
I shed tears,God forbid that there are actually women who live what Mama G portrays on TV(her fav. Actress)
To think they were estranged for years and I brokered peace between them before our traditional wedding so she'd start enjoying her 1st son again .
Her 2 other children is apologising to me on her behalf
Na wah o this is so terrible.
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by 2dice01: 12:20am On Jun 03, 2016
Ginaz:

I've slept ma boo's house once and she was there. And besides, I've only slept his house just once, he was the one that asked me to come see him that fateful day but unfortunately his mother thought otherwise. She's a cool woman though, when things goes wrong with him, she calls me first to tell me. That's just the kind of person she is!
hmn..who percieve what am smelling cheesy
Re: why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. by mrssho: 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
I guess mine is ok but I'm not close to her bc my husband doesn't encourage it. He barely tolerates her sef I sometimes don't like the way he treats her but he says it's because she has her excesses and if you give her an inch she will take several miles. But I call her every now and then and buy her things. My husband is close to my mom though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? / Have You Ever Witness Childbirth Scenario ?.( Graphic Pic ) / How Much Is HIV Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.