Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose (1846 Views)

PDP Crisis: What PDP Governors Discussed With Jonathan - Fayose / 2015: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose / Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 08, 2016
By Simon Ebegbulem&Gabriel Enogholase, with agency report

EKITI — Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State, weekend, described the fielding of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan as presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the last election as a miscalculation by the party.

This came as Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara also, yesterday, declared that the Boko Haram insurgency would have destroyed Nigeria, if the former President had remained in power, asserting that the defeat of the PDP administration saved the nation from imminent collapse.

Fayose, who disclosed this in an interview, said the defeat could have been averted had the party fielded a northern candidate.

He said: “We lost the election because we did not pick our candidate from the north, not because Jonathan as a person was bad. It was just a political miscalculation. The fact is that my former President, I chose my word, my former President, Goodluck Jonathan, tried his best.

Ayodele Fayose
“But if I were him, I would not have contested at all, you understand? Because it is two ways: If he did not contest and the PDP lost out, he will still be an honourable man, and if he had given that opportunity to the north, those who defected from the PDP would not have defected.

“But that is story. Jonathan did his best and I will still continue to support him. You know I was not there when they took the decision about him becoming the flag-bearer, but it doesn’t matter. We can’t all put our mouth inside the soil. Somebody must remain with somebody. I will remain with Jonathan, even if I am the only man standing.

“A man is not measured by the amount of food he has and the amount of properties he owns. Sometimes sickness is good, it reshapes your life. Sometimes poverty is good, it helps your life. Sometimes failure makes you to reorder your life. It is not the end of your life.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/fayose-dogara-blast-jonathan/
Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Hemzhy(m): 6:28am On Feb 08, 2016
Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 08, 2016

End time. The fellow before me though is an end time space booker Buh I v to reserve my comment ..
Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by orobs93(m): 6:28am On Feb 08, 2016
I just want to test something
If the opportunity comes again
Who wud u go for

Likes for buhari apc

Share for jonathan pdp

9 Likes

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by jay2pee(m): 6:29am On Feb 08, 2016
Interesting

1 Like

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 08, 2016
jay2pee:
Interesting
Lols na firefire chukwudi44 ngenekwenu dearpreye ladyf and introvert role model talk am oo

1 Like

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Caseless: 6:35am On Feb 08, 2016
shocked shocked

The lousy goat eyes go soon clear. The donkey was all over the place insulting BUHARI before the election, now he's telling us why the candidate he campaigned for wasn't the right choice and the party shouldn't have picked him.

Doesn't this amount to Freudian slip? Fayose is a lunatic!

5 Likes

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by exclusive7(m): 6:35am On Feb 08, 2016
nawa ooh....so just northerners have better chances of winning a presidential election..There z God ooh..
isoryt..
Watching una in 3D

4 Likes

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Junior66(m): 6:36am On Feb 08, 2016
more confessions to come. Thése guys probably contributed to pdp's loss at the polls.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 08, 2016
I thought this man is to staunch a supporter to say that.

But he ended the interview on a lighter note

2 Likes

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Caseless: 6:38am On Feb 08, 2016

“A man is not measured by the amount of food he has and the amount of properties he owns. Sometimes sickness is good, it reshapes your life. Sometimes poverty is good, it helps your life. Sometimes failure makes you to reorder your life. It is not the end of your life.”

this garage man don get sense small.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Caseless: 6:39am On Feb 08, 2016
MAROC:
I thought this man is to staunch a supporter to say that.

But he ended the interview on a lighter note
he was just playing with words. The message is sent already and we understand.

1 Like

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Pavore9: 6:41am On Feb 08, 2016
I hope Ekiti's development is getting Fayose's attention just as much as national issues are. They should move on from GEJ's loss.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by kodded(m): 6:47am On Feb 08, 2016
watch as zombies will full this thread rejoicing undecided

smh angry

1 Like

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by bestower: 6:47am On Feb 08, 2016
Fayose the guyman...speaking with both sides of his mouth....sooner or later u will find means to stylishly praise buhari...the spokesman of yorubaland
Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 08, 2016
kodded:

smh angry

Lols
Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Caseless: 6:50am On Feb 08, 2016
kodded:

smh angry
I don't know who are the zombies, maybe they are in pdp . But one thing I know is that I'm happy this is coming from your unstable hero and role model.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Elosky20: 6:52am On Feb 08, 2016
our governor has gone mad again

1 Like

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by kuuljay(m): 6:58am On Feb 08, 2016
The hero of Wailers has backslided. grin grin grin this is clear that this guy is mentally unstable

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by rapthugx(m): 7:16am On Feb 08, 2016
oh
Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by CecyAdrian(f): 7:18am On Feb 08, 2016
shocked shocked Fayose stylishly admitting that Jonathan was the worst Nigeria had. A good leader will always supported by the masses to continue no matter how long he has ruled before or where he is from. What happened to Jonathan especially PDP is an example of the voice of the masses retaliating when taken for a fool too long or pushed to the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by 989900: 7:26am On Feb 08, 2016

That moment Fayose forgets to take his 'Oshogbo weed'. #regainshissenses

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by kennydee05(m): 7:31am On Feb 08, 2016
Imagine after collecting Billions of Naira from Jonathan

This type of Fayose madness is called END TIME MADNESS.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 08, 2016
Kingsolex1:

Lols na firefire chukwudi44 ngenekwenu dearpreye ladyf and introvert role model talk am oo

Good morning. At the moment, NO Nigerian politician can be or has ever been my MENTOR; I'm just beginning to pay more attention to Senator Ben Murray Bruce for his common sense talks....It takes a lot for someone to become a mentor to ME.

At Topic: Fayose only spoke from a political angle. He spoke as someone who really never wanted the PDP to have lost the last elections....including the PDP fielding a Northern President. Politicians reason very differently than the average masses; they've seen certain variables that will remain unseen by the general public.

At the moment, NOTHING can rewrite the history. The APC has the opportunity to perform and shame the woeful performance from the PDP last 16 years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by kennydee05(m): 7:32am On Feb 08, 2016
And yet you collected his (our Dollars) from him.

In a sane nation this man does not worth being a councillor.

1 Like

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by INTROVERT(f): 7:34am On Feb 08, 2016
dearpreye:

Good morning. At the moment, NO Nigerian politician can be or has ever been my MENTOR; I'm just beginning to pay more attention to Senator Ben Murray Bruce for his common sense talks....It takes a lot for someone to become a mentor to ME.

At Topic: Fayose only spoke from a political angle. He spoke as someone who really never wanted the PDP to have lost the last elections....including the PDP fielding a Northern President. Politicians reason very differently than the average masses; they've seen certain variables that will remain unseen by the general public.

At the moment, NOTHING can rewrite the history. The APC has the opportunity to perform and shame the woeful performance from the PDP last 16 years.

Kingsolex1, dearpreye couldn't have crafted what I had in mind any better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by modath(f): 7:35am On Feb 08, 2016
Fayose is about to make an 180....

Countdown start now...........

@ dearpreye ..

You believe Fayose is being sincere?

Are we now to assume that voting for a northerner is the only way to go? irrespective of prospects & visible results?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Pidggin(f): 7:37am On Feb 08, 2016
Nigerians are tribal bigots, Fayose knows this hence his opinion
Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 08, 2016
INTROVERT:

Kingsolex1, dearpreye couldn't have crafted what I had in mind any better.

Smiles, well better said than never said.
Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by vedaxcool(m): 7:38am On Feb 08, 2016
grin grin. Wailing zombies act like mindless carcasses of dehumanized fools hahha #Don'tbeAWailingZombie

Jonathan was indeed a mistake for Nigeria.

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 08, 2016
dearpreye:

Dearpreye, amongst people I follow on nairaland u are on the few on my list why cause u reason maturely, u ingest information even if against ur person b4 giving a sound and gentle reply I applaud you for not letting me down on that, on the said mentor/model I tender my reserved apologies I only wanted to draw ur attention to this article. Good morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Goofed Picking Jonathan — Fayose by Nobody: 7:53am On Feb 08, 2016
modath:

Fayose is about to make an 180....

Countdown start now...........

@ dearpreye ..

You believe Fayose is being sincere?

Are we now to assume that voting for a northerner is the only way to go? irrespective of prospects & visible results?

My dear, I don't take politicians too seriously. They're a problem to the world as a whole.

But I doubt if Fayose will make any such turn. It will be the most ridiculous actions of all time......but never say never......Fayose is needed to keep the APC on its toes. He remains a blessing to our polity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking:enugu State Governor Confers Chieftaincy Title To An Hausa Man / TRENDING PHOTO: Tuface ‘joins’ Tinubu, Akande And Buhari In London / Photo: Ben Murray Bruce Takes A Wicked Dig At Buhari, Hails Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.