Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH (34269 Views)

Police Officers Evacuate Corpses of Shiite Protesters Killed In Abuja [PICS] / Corpses Of ISIS/ISWAP Fighters Killed By Nigerian Forces In Lake Chad(Graphic) / See The Corpses Of Alex Badeh And His Driver (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Eketem: 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
While we were busy being entertained with pictures of Buhari.

Sigh, God console the families, 16 abducted women still missing

The bodies of 48 members of the federal government team exploring for oil in the north-east, who were ambushed by the Boko Haram on Tuesday, have been brought to the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH).

This is in spite of the claims by the Nigerian army that 10 of the abducted persons had been rescued.

According to Punch, sources at the UMTH and the Maimalari Army Barrack said the corpses comprise 18 soldiers, 15 Civilian JTF members, five UNIMAID staff members and four NNPC drivers.

Six persons who were wounded in the attack but escaped to some unknown location in Yobe State were later found dead and brought to Maiduguri, according to the report.

Sani Usman, spokesman of the Army, released a press statement on Wednesday claiming that all the NNPC staff abducted in the Tuesday’s ambush had been rescued.

“On receipt of the information, the Brigade mobilized and sent reinforcement, search and rescue party that include the Armed Forces Special Forces and guides that worked and pursued the terrorists throughout the night,” he said.

“So far, they have rescued all the NNPC staff and recovered the corpses of the Officer, 8 soldiers and a civilian who have been evacuated to 7 Division Medical Services and Hospital.”

Usman also stated that the rescue team killed many of the terrorists and recovered many arms and ammunition, including gun trucks and Improvised Explosive Device (IED) making materials.

But the report by Punch said that five lecturers from the University of Maiduguri in the exploration team were killed. They include Joseph Millitus, Manaja Uba and Idris Njodi.

Danjuma Gambo, spokesman of the University of Maiduguri, said he could not comment on the development as he was in Abuja and therefore did not have adequate update on the matter.

Similarly, Kingsley Samuel, Deputy Director Army Public Relations, refused to comment on the matter, saying: “You have to get in contact with Abuja on this, as I have no available information. It is under the 8 division.”

https://icirnigeria.org/now-at-umth-48-corpses-of-unimaid-staff-nnpc-drivers-security-personnel-killed-by-boko-haram/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Danzakidakura(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
Buhari is a criminal God will judge all APC members and their supporters evil people, liars wicked souls. killing and laing

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
Terrible

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Karlovich: 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
the white walker has failed to fulfill his campaign promises, meanwhile he is wasting the country's money in London. it shall never be well with you Heartless illiterate.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by cjrane: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
This is very very sad.
Nigeria army are just untrained brutes.
Why attack BH when they have civilian hostages? What result were they expecting to get?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Isoko1stSon(m): 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
48Corpses Sent to d grave by Buhari

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by 234GT(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2017
What do these people want self?

1 Like

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by weyab: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2017
When I read that news, " 10 rescued "... I said to my mind " lie Mohammed.. " Nigeria and lies

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by saymax(f): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
May their gentle souls rip. But wait o......what kind of exploration of oil going on in that zone without adequate security?!! Shudnt d explorers be guarded n guided incase of any security breach??

5 Likes

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by fowosh: 11:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
I security evrywhere
Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by otokx(m): 11:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
48 dead is a lot, the rescue report by the army did not sound convincing moreso when crosschecked against their own casualties.

9 Likes

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Eketem: 2:41am On Jul 28, 2017
These moderators sha.

They were quick to publish to false claims by the army on front page on the so called rescue yet now the truth has come out and they look the other way

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 28, 2017
Chai

1 Like

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Flyingngel(m): 4:58am On Jul 28, 2017
Apc and lies. Continue.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by originals1(m): 5:10am On Jul 28, 2017
RIP but nigeria is finished

9 Likes

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by ajepako(f): 5:12am On Jul 28, 2017
And we're made to believe the war is over....

Government of propaganda

19 Likes

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Oga080666419419: 5:30am On Jul 28, 2017
h

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by meezynetwork(m): 6:12am On Jul 28, 2017
This is terrible

1 Like

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Nwakaumu(m): 6:29am On Jul 28, 2017
I ve said it before that nigeria army can not defeat a well-organised and armed catholic boy's scout.They are so unprofessional,bunch ofHausa-fulani illiterate quota system soldiers whose target is only to intimidate the christian south in the street in a silent jihad, while they promote and launch terrorist attacks in the forests of north.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by dannytoe(m): 6:32am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by onatisi(m): 6:33am On Jul 28, 2017
meezynetwork:
This is terrible
this is the result of the dullard stupidity by releasing top commanders of boko haram in exchange for chibok girls. Not only did the dullard released highly trained boko haram commanders ,he also paid money to boko haram. Since the release of these commanders , boko haram has become more deadly and their strikes has become more precise.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by dannytoe(m): 6:33am On Jul 28, 2017
This is what you get when you keep searching for oil in a land where non exist. Imagine buhari budgeted 44bn for oil exploration in the north, now this innocent souls have paid the price for foolishness of bubu.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by rapistomenka: 6:33am On Jul 28, 2017
Only 48?? drinking oil comes with a price

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Agimor(m): 6:44am On Jul 28, 2017
All because you want to get Oil by all means from the Northern against nature. RIP to the deceased!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by ZombieTAMER: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2017
In a sane country.. That Usman Sani would apologise and resign for misleading the public... But the country is been run by APC propaganda why wont the army follow in their footsteps... Buhari is a terrorist..

10 Likes

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by three: 8:55am On Jul 28, 2017
Once again (just as in Chibok where they misled the world for 2 weeks) the Nigerian Army has shown why it is not trusted by the World.

It is worse now that the Nigerian Army serve under a Propaganda Government that appears to endorse its falsehood

13 Likes

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by ultron12345: 8:56am On Jul 28, 2017
Hope Unimaid medical students can use them for anatomy practicals

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by Jakeattah(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2017
Very true
It was a very sad day at the campus,we were supposed to have a seminar but it turned gloomy. Everyone went to the central mosque and others to church to mourn the dead. I personally went to a church that lost two members, cos I have a friend directly involved.
All this got me thinking, for how long will we stand by and keep watching our leaders play chess with our lives. I was talking to fellow youths there and was telling them if we continue to keep quiet, one day it will come to our doorstep. We keep saying lets just hope, what can we do.... We say this because we think we are safe but its not so, weda you are in maiduguri or far in lagos island, if we all dont come together to do something one day we wont have a country to call ours. These are people's family members being killed daily and nobody is saying anything about it. The police women and others are still in captive, a young i know girl in unimaid is affected. No ruler has said anything or sent any force to try and rescue these women.
If there is a bomb blast in Europe for instance, from our president, to citizens in diaspora to the citizens here will all take to facebook changing profile pictures and placing flags of that country. It disgusts me. I'm not saying it's bad to feel sorry for victims. I'm saying its pathetic when worse happens in your country and all you say is 'aya'.
And our so called leaders are the worst, they were all out of the country to visit an absent president while their citizens were being butchered, stabbed in the eyes and head and shot. Their corpses were so bad the hospital couldn't keep em. They had to be burried as soon as they were identified.
Sorry, I didn't mean to write this much but I'm seriously pained, I almost shed tears yesterday when I saw how people's mothers were weeping. If a lot of you youths could see things the way some of us located here see the situation, then maybe we will stop taking political sides and stand together once and for all.
We have been told before we are the leaders of tommorow, if we don't take our place, it will forever be yesterday...

Sorry for errors and typos

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by EmekaBlue(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2017
It's only to flex uniform power to armless poor civilians Nigeria military knows how to do best ..Even me and my guys well armed would have come out successful with less casualties...Most of d dead were even military.. chai

Rip

9 Likes

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by edeXede: 8:56am On Jul 28, 2017
embarassed

If I were God, I wont grant them peaceful rest.

Why would they choose Maiduguri of all places to carry out research when it is a common knowledge that that zone is hot right now.

Now they are dead and they put their families in unwanted mourning.

Now they want pity..

1 Like

Re: 48 Corpses Of UNIMAID Staff, NNPC Drivers, Soldiers Deposited At UMTH by magoo10(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2017
boko haram is a monster created and given life by the north due to hatred thinking they were getting back at the south,I hope it doesn't consume them.
Let's not be deceived this is another way of the north saying they want their own caliphate .who is fooling who? gave it to them and give us Biafra .

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees / Video: Fuel Tankers Leaving Ubah's Capital Oil Depot To Distribute Fuel Now / Senator Obinna Ogba Accuses Abdullahi Adamu Of Plot To Remove Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.