Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine (30610 Views)

Toyota Corolla Engine Noise / 2009 Corolla Engine / Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 22, 2018
nakoks:
See as people dey change engine as if dem dey change boxer.It is really sad .All these vehicles will be in tip top shape abroad for donkey years but once it lands Nigeria people destroy it with cheap useless palm oil(20w50).Even after changing engines they still go back to the palm oil and keep throwing away hard earned money out of ignorance.Very very sad and vicious cycle

Very very true. All sedan cars, jeeps, SUVs from 1993 to date never recommend 20w 50 oil and millions of naija out there keep using this viscosity grade. I use 10w 30 and my oil last more than 6 months and the oil gauge at same level all thru. My engine will last more than 15 years guaranteed. Also very important is the oil filter . Fake oil filter for 1k kills engine cos it allows particles to mix with oil and resulting in quick burning of oil. Many other maintenance tips any way to add.
Re: Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine by Smarte724(m): 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2019
ojeysky:

I said I will be coming back on this and here I am. I have just completed a journey from Lagos to Ekiti. I ensured to travel between 11 and 5pm when the environment was largely hot.

In the past: Whenever I travel from Lagos to Ekiti (or vice versa) my coolant temperature gets to as high as 110C and it is when I stop using AC and maintain 120km/h that my temperature won't exceed 110 otherwise it will and I will be forced to slow down to avoid overheating.

I have tried all sort of things including changing gasket, plugs, injectors and meeting engineers that have advance scanners and was advised that I change the engine. I also meet kazeems who suggested that I connect fan direct and buy a double cell radiator.

I read about GAZZUZZ on Nairaland (and connected via WhatsApp) a friend of mine also told me about him so I decided that I was going to have him do the engine replacement as I don't like doing out of spec modes. Engine replacement with GAZZUZZ was going to cost around 200k+. I made up my mind, gathered the money and drove to GAZZUZZ in Lagos, he looked at the car briefly and said I should change my radiator and that he won't even do an engine change without my radiator change (this is where anyone who doesn't know his person may get pissed off as one may think he is being proud) . It felt too easy considering how far I traveled and the amount of time he spent with my car.

On the understanding that I will change radiator irrespective of engine change or not, I decided to go with GAZZUZZ advice of changing the radiator to a brand new single cell specs for the car, and also got the Toyota coolant. Behold the car temperature became stable, we test run within Lagos and all still checked out. I couldn't entirely believe it was true until I got to Ekiti with my max temperature at 97C. I was running AC and got past 140km/h without any temperature spike.

Finally people, I recommend that guy called GAZZUZZ, his pricing may be more than what kazeems charge or may look awkward in your interaction with him but I can assure you that his service is on point.

@smart724 as you can see, am no longer selling my engine as it's kicking in my car!

Regards

Congrat and enjoy ur ride, I hv known GAZZUZZ to be a trusted person

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine by IqoniqPasQal(m): 5:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

corrola 2005 uses a 1ZZ-FE engine. 1.8liter. About 160-170k now.
please what is the current price for a 2005 corolla tokumbo and japanese engine.
Re: Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine by Decentdave(m): 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
At oga gazzuz pls how much is golf 3 engine
Re: Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine by chillex8(m): 9:50am On Apr 02, 2021
Decentdave:
At oga gazzuz pls how much is golf 3 engine
Contact greatstepheno or SIRBAUTO. They are dealers in VW products.
Re: Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine by Fuckeveryday2: 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
Please how much is Toyota Matrix 2009 engine Currently.
The Moto just dey turninoneown cry
Re: Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine by Fuckeveryday2: 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2021
Please how much is Toyota Matrix 2009 engine Currently.
The Moto just dey turninoneown cry

And if I change engine, do I also hv to change AC unit as the AC also stopped working or new engine comes with AC stuffs

Na Uber work spoil dis Moto for me o embarassed
Re: Cost Of A Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Engine by thaqib(m): 8:49pm On Mar 01
I need a 2003 toyota corolla engine

How much should be budgeting now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Graphic Photos Of A Motorcycle Rider Killed By A Train At Iju Ishagba Yesterday / Any Biker In The House? Let's Compare Notes People! / I Mistakenly Bought A Non-drivable Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.