Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Advice please: Are You Required To. Invite All Your Relative To Your Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice please: Are You Required To. Invite All Your Relative To Your Wedding? (428 Views)

If You Were To Invite All You Exes to your party. / If Your Spouse Ex Brings This Range-Rover On Your Wedding Day (Photo) / Are You Required To. Invite All Your Relative To Your Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice please: Are You Required To. Invite All Your Relative To Your Wedding? by Diamonddris(m): 8:19am On Feb 09, 2016
My sister is about to wed, and who to invite bothers her a lot....

I told her I could get advice for her from my friends on Nairaland.

The issue goes like this, we have a very large family,lots of uncle and aunts, lots of cousins, first cousin, second cousin etc, lots of relatives too...

Although we are not that rich, but am proud to say that we are not poor either. Atleast we live in our own house, and my dad can boast of a Honda accent...but my other uncles and relatives are more richer than we are..

The riches of my uncles And aunts makes them behave somehow and even their children tends to be very ill mannered..at some point we had to stop visiting them, reasons being that when you go visiting,only the parents will try to be nice, the children are always so dump and supercilious, they dnt look cheerful, they dnt even gist, they go to their various rooms and you end up sitting alone like one rejected scrap car..if you make a mistake of sleeping there, then dnt expect a good morning from any of them, rather you will be the one to greet ur juniors good morning..

Talking about events, the. Previous events we had like my elder sister and elder brothers wedding, we invited them, they'll come late, they won't want to eat and they will look for somewhere very far and seat, my mum is always looking at their face and this provokes me and my siblings..

This my sister always feel the same way like I do, and she is about to wed,

I know its easy to marginalise friends,but when it comes to family, there must always be a rethink..she does not want to invite people who will not be happy for her, of which I know they are not happy, especially now that my sister is getting married to a senior medical doctor, just like my eldest sister did,.she says she needs pple that will be happy for her, she is feeling that this may bring problem in the family...

So fellow nairalanders, I sincerely need your advice on this..I and my sister will really appreciate you..thanks.

Cc: lalasticlacla

Also: seun
Re: Advice please: Are You Required To. Invite All Your Relative To Your Wedding? by Diamonddris(m): 8:22am On Feb 09, 2016
Re: Advice please: Are You Required To. Invite All Your Relative To Your Wedding? by yomalex(m): 8:25am On Feb 09, 2016
It is not a family meeting so...
Re: Advice please: Are You Required To. Invite All Your Relative To Your Wedding? by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 09, 2016
She should do what's within her power to do.
It doesn't mean she has to tell everybody in person about her wedding ceremony. The few people she is able to inform will spread the message to others. And she should not feel bad if some relatives with grudges refuses to come. All that matters is that she has found happiness. Let hateful creatures quietly nurse their bile in their obese stomachs.
Re: Advice please: Are You Required To. Invite All Your Relative To Your Wedding? by excellencyabia1: 9:18am On Feb 09, 2016
Invite all for inviting purpose and entertain all. But the truth is that your happiness is your own. When i was planning to go for my introduction, i told one of my aunty and she answered by by saying what i don't like so i never go to her again until the d day.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Reasons To Breakup Before Valentine.. / Here Is The Valentine's Day Activity Statistics That Happened That Day / Need For Older Ladies To Get Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.