Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member (26997 Views)

"I Had Ulcer, Doctor Touched My Breasts And Vagina At A Lagos Hospital" - Lady / 900 Doctors Resign From University College Hospital, Ibadan & Lagos Hospital / Burial Of Lady Who Died During Childbirth In A Lagos Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Eluwilussit(m): 1:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
helpee:
if all the engineers are doing their work, why are we importing everything.? you will blame govt, power etc but never the engineers. if the lawyers are ok, why do we have cases lingering in court for years...it is the fault of the system right? but when a patient comes to complain about power failure in a hospital, the doctors and the nurses are wicked and must be sued. it is always their fault

We aren't talking about power failure here. Doctors and nurses being mean has nothing to do with government or power. It has a lot to do with their training and our local mentality. The issue was where the little boy was placed: near refuse dumps. That's degrading. No one should be treated that shoddily, even in death.

I know too many cases where people were left to die by doctors and nurses. Always because of money. I think they need reorientation.

As per being mean and wicked, yeah, I think it has to do with the profession. You become hardened and immuned to a lot of things that scare others.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
It Is just wrong for a doctor to comment on this thread. Peeps will shoot for your sino atrial node.

Just unlook the banters, read comments and shake your head.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by imsuboi(m): 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Ok o. If you are a medical student, don't worry, a lot of people have been through it. If you are a doctor already, don't worry as well. You are not the only Doctor. It is only in naija that you see people bragging and going by dr, engr, barr, arch this and that.

Before Obama became president, he was a prof at Harvard. I don't remember him campaigning as a prof or being addressed as one. But our VP and APC used that as key in their campaign. Obama was presented to the world simply as senator Obama. His political sobriquet.

Enjoy whatever you are called while you can. Nothing do you o. grin

i can't quite remember campaigning for any political position. so i don't understand how this your write-up concerns me in any way?

still on still, cry me a river
tongue tongue
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by kosokoadeyemi: 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lagos state ministry of health must see to this&call the such hospital for justice.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by saints2(f): 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
TheArchangel:
Rip to the dead baby.
May the good Lord console the family.

The journalist that wrote that article should be sued by that hospital. What bullshit!! What a sack of bullcrap!!.
When has oxygen administration got anything to do with electricity?
What the fucck is teething fever? Many Nigerians has been lead to believe that a child must have fever before and during teeth eruption. Our level of illiteracy is at an all time high.
And I didn't see the child lying in a dumpster either. Are they expecting the hospital to keep the dead baby in a hospital where there are other sick patients maybe children too to keep on seeing the dead baby, is it to serve as a reminder that they will soon follow or what Enough of this sensational journalism.

That child was very ill and it took the parents time to take him to the hospital..… a government hospital and a private hospital which ultimately caused his health to deteriorate fast. The latter were so unfortunate that the child died in their care, after all they did all that was humanely possible even scrapping the head to search for one of the most difficult superficial veins available to revive. Our health workers go out of their ways to offer their service but their good intentions are often misconstrued.

Imagine oxygen administration being connected through electricity.....huh undecided cry embarassed......even the parents, the child and the hospital staff won't survive the explosion.

Just curious... do you work for this hospital??

Your outburst get as e be o, you taking it too far and adding too much emotions..

Just an observation, don't mean to be rude..

Lovely day ahead

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by akigbemaru: 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
baby left dead
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Eluwilussit(m): 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
imsuboi:

i can't quite remember campaigning for any political position. so i don't understand how this your write-up concerns me in any way?

still on still, cry me a river
tongue tongue

Yet you are bragging and making a noise all over the place? Whatever we are or know doesn't matter if it can't affect the lives of people. Simply put: nobody cares about how much you know, till they know how much you care. Most doctors and nurses don't care about their patients. They are only interested in getting paid. It is called Healthcare for a reason.

If you are one of them, I hope you are part of the few that truly cares. My friend's sister bled to death after an accident in a hospital because she didn't have money to register. That's just one in a thousand cases.

I hope you remember the oath! angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by TheArchangel(f): 1:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
saints2:

Just curious... do you work for this hospital??

Your outburst get as e be o, you taking it too far and adding too much emotions..

Just an observation, don't mean to be rude..

Lovely day ahead
Naaaa bro, I've seen this scenario play out time and again. It is unfair. Very unfair. These people were attended to, had it been they were not , it would've been a different case altogether but the hospital workers went extra mile to secure an IV access to start medications and even administered oxygen and I believe other resuscitatory measures were undertaken but the baby was too far gone to be revived because the parents came too late. Now they had to turn around to blame them and whipping out sentiments from the public.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by jobsat34(m): 1:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sacluxpaint:
I dont believe in court, I use a mafia mindset to treat this kind of cases. And no its not jungle justice.

yu re too wicked bro..

the family shud let God judge the hospital after burning down the premises though..
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by knifer(m): 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
think as a Doctor I have to come in here, before we tear the hospital apart let's hear their side of the story first. But then I must state that the story is a little bit misleading, 1) there is nothing like "teething fever" , wud have appreciated it if the real diagnosis that was made either at the general hospital or the private hospital was actually made known
in the story. stating that the baby had " teething fever" sort of makes it appear the baby's illness was very mild and such can't cause death except by negligence when that's actually not the case. 2) you don't need electricity to give oxygen, the oxygen cylinder doesn't work via electricity , so anchoring the negligence claim on the hospitals inability to provide power to give oxygen is misleading too. its obvious the narrator here doesn't know the details of this case. in summary, the dad should report to MDCN or sue them and from there the hospital will tell its own part of the story and we will know if the baby' s death was preventable or not. thanks

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by sunsewa: 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
una see am now,tomorrow una go blame person wey travel abroad to treat running stomach or catarrh,oluwa bless me oh.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Etizz: 2:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
Like seriously eh, we pray not to visit the hospital for any reason, those people over there are so annoying..... Starting from doctors, nurses to cleaner.... They are all so annoying....
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by mamawin(f): 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
texazzpete:

It's also quite daft of you to generalize.
did he hit a chord? are u a doctor or a nurse? he shouldnt have generalized but honestly I've always wondered if arrogance is a course in med sch? I've had friends who became another person immediately they qualified. and I have had many reasons in the past to tell more than one doctor face to face that I am not a doctor by choice! nevertheless, I have met many wonderful ones, very many
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by imsuboi(m): 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Yet you are bragging and making a noise all over the place? Whatever we are or know doesn't matter if it can't affect the lives of people. Simply put: nobody cares about how much you know, till they know how much you care. Most doctors and nurses don't care about their patients. They are only interested in getting paid. It is called Healthcare for a reason.

If you are one of them, I hope you are part of the few that truly cares. My friend's sister bled to death after an accident in a hospital because she didn't have money to register. That's just one in a thousand cases.

I hope you remember the oath! angry

point out where I was "bragging & making noise"

Or kindly refrain from disturbing my "mentions" undecided
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Eluwilussit(m): 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
imsuboi:

See this illiterate/high-school dropout using this opportunity to take a jab at medical personnel grin grin

Can you even approach a doctor/nurse & speak to her without cowering in fear & shame at your obvious lack of knowledge?

Read your response to my primary post. cool
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by digitsolution: 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
May the almighty God console the parents and give them divine strength to bear the loss. AMEN.

So sad!!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Ayauche(f): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2016
hyrene46:
This is outrageous, the hospital should be closed down and should serve as lesson to others.

I support this idea. This is really sad.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by glossy6(f): 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
texazzpete:

It's a private Hospital. Don't be silly, what has the Governor got to do with this?

Being private does not exclude them from monitoring and surveillance
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Designlarisa: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2016
frisky2good:
From the attached pictures, the bin just happens to be where the ramp is. I doubt if the hospital was actually planning to throw their baby's corpse away. I also doubt if you can successfully sue a hospital for power failure but they can try though.

my thoughts exactly...
Nigerian should look before leaping or talking.
my heart goes out to the parents
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by radiokatanga: 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
call or ping 08103637994,2ba49caa for your braided wigs
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Nweike1: 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
SpencerLewis:

My immortal beloveth Kennygee, our laws are not that strict and our justice system is just ridiculous. But the story doesn't add up. As a doctor, there is no way tha baby on oxygen wd have died b/c light went off. Oxygen cylinders are not connected to electricity unless oxygen concentrators which doesn't give 100% oxygen unlike the ones from the cylinder.
Most likely, a case of misdiagnosis from the 1st hospital they went.
Which one is teething fever kwanu? Lay man language when fever comes around during teething period. Most of the fever are due to poorly treated malaria or due to sepsis or a flu.
I suspect that they overloaded the child with fluids and he must have developed pulmonary oedema. An autopsy should be done, as its a coroner's case i.e. doesn't even require the consent of the parents
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by glossy6(f): 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2016
kennygee:

But how can they dispose a body like that.
The body was kept aside and not disposed of. Corpses are to be claimed, not disposed of.

I often tell mothers that there is nothing like teething fever but they would rather die arguing. I was also wondering what electricity got to do with the oxygen.

Well, you can't tell a bereaved how to cry. RIP little boy
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Designlarisa: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
get the real story from the Nation newspaper.
This is quite misleading

http://thenationonlineng.net/mother-hospital-trade-words-over-sons-death/
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by glossy6(f): 5:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
texazzpete:

It's a private Hospital. Don't be silly, what has the Governor got to do with this?

The governor had everything to do with it. The coroners law did not exclude private hospitals. They are supposedly monitored by Ministry of Health
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by glossy6(f): 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
Designlarisa:
get the real story from the Nation newspaper.
This is quite misleading

http://thenationonlineng.net/mother-hospital-trade-words-over-sons-death/

The hospital has stated their side of the Story but that doesn't exonerate them fully. Why was the child not referred when they discovered that he was in a bad state. Enlarged liver, anaemia etc. What happened to teaching hospitals.?
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by AGgal(f): 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
Eluwilussit:

The main reason I stayed away from both. Too mean to be good wives. Life means nothing to those idiiots. They don't even know anything. So sad.

You are a bigger idiot for generalising. Intelligent fool.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Eluwilussit(m): 8:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
AGgal:

You are a bigger idiot for generalising. Intelligent fool.

And you are a mo.ron to particularize. Tell me, since you are intelligent, whatever you have learnt that's not a generalization of some sort? When did generalization become a crime? Idiiot!
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by donodion(m): 9:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
helpee:
the problem we have in nigeria is that we practically dont have means of administering real parenteral nutrition. yes you can starve a seriously sick patient of food orally. you mean the only thing they diagnosed in republic of benin was HUNGER/STARVATION and he still died the second day. Ngeria is messed up really but it is not everything that is the fault of the doctor.
bros are you been serious with those lines? No ICU unit that could handle Parenteral nutrition in Nigeria?

Assuming "someone" suspected perforated tract, were there no signs and symptoms that would point to such? patient under observstion kept loosing weight and strenght yet no feeding of any kind for 10 days? so many Instance sighted to close down such center and withdraw the practise license of the CMD and other healthcare givers there.
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Zennyzara: 11:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
dulux07:
So sad sad here in nigeria, most pple dont value human life
yes so true dey are so mean rip to the family of the baby
Re: Lagos Hospital Allowed Baby To Die, Dumps Corpse Near Waste Bin - Family Member by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 11, 2018
Not fair,human beings are heartless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

80-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide In Lagos / Ladies, See How To Escape Cancer In Your bosom!! / Twitter Users Explain Why Hospitals Insist On Payment Before Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.