Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Sleep Paralaysis - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sleep Paralaysis (1006 Views)

When Your Boyfriend Hits You Hard While At Sleep / Woman Pours Hot Water On Neighbour's Manhood For Refusing To Sleep With Her (pic / 'My Stepmother Wants Me To Sleep With Her' - Man Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
I know I just posted abt my weird dream but this has been happening to me too.

So I'm going through this thing called sleep paralysis and I just found out thats what's called in English and this is what Wikipedia has to say about it.

It started when I was 13 and since then it's been a struggle having a peaceful sleep , actually I started hating to sleep because of it , I avoid sleepingas much as I can since it started happening to me , at first I didn't tell anyone cuz I thought it was gonna go away and stop happening although the very first time it happened to me I thought I WAS DYING!!! Then it got sooooo worse and I hated IT so I told my mom everything and she told me my grandmother and her cousin had this same Condition and its passed on she even said to me it was in our genes and THAT MADE me hate just more and iam now scared of it more than ever. It's been years now and I'm kinda used to it , whenever it happens I just do some tricks and it goes away.

Does anyone have this? What's ur experiences, did you get rid if it and if yes then how?

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which a person either during falling asleep (hypnagogia) or awakening (hypnopompia), temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak, or react.

It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep, characterized by muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (such as an intruder in the room) to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body).

One hypothesis is that it results from disrupted REM sleep, which normally induces complete muscle atonia to prevent sleepers from acting out their dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Cutehector(m): 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
Seriously girl u need to go for some deliverance session or smth..

2 Likes

Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Atlantian: 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
Its normal. I love that feeling when one seem helpless and dying. Just stick out your tongue from your mouth. Viola! you wake up.
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by vault(m): 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
its a normal feeling now..... and sometimes its kinda sweet grin
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:

I talked to my grandma about it since she had it I thought I should discuss it with her , and she said from where we're from it was believed to be somekind of creatures and evil souls who have an extreme power during the darkest hour at night meaning 'midnight ' and they do this to you cuz they're just ruthless and like torturing but now that I read this on Wikipedia I seriously do not know what to believe
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Cutehector(m): 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
Arisha:

I talked to my grandma about it since she had it I thought I should discuss it with her , and she said from where we're from it was believed to be somekind of creatures and evil souls who have an extreme power during the darkest hour at night meaning 'midnight ' and they do this to you cuz they're just ruthless and like torturing but now that I read this on Wikipedia I seriously do not know what to believe
she may be right tho. Well, the bible says abt dreams Dat they aren't real.. except in cases where God wants to talk to u. So just relax, sleep over it, it's nothing ok
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sleep on your right or left hand..don't sleep facing the ceiling or with your chest on the bed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
Happened to me once, never again. Not something i even wish An enemy, OP Pele.
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
ellacute45:
Sleep on your right or left hand..don't sleep facing the ceiling or with your chest on the bed
GBAM!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:
what . . . the hell, man?

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralaysis by JuicyGee(f): 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2016
Its not normal.. Go see ur doctor, and if there's no medical explanation ( if the doc finds you medically ok), then you need deliverance
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
saintloveren:
GBAM!!
mine stopped when I start applying those rules

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Booyakasha(f): 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
Arisha:
I know I just posted abt my weird dream but this has been happening to me too.

So I'm going through this thing called sleep paralysis and I just found out thats what's called in English and this is what Wikipedia has to say about it.

It started when I was 13 and since then it's been a struggle having a peaceful sleep , actually I started hating to sleep because of it , I avoid sleepingas much as I can since it started happening to me , at first I didn't tell anyone cuz I thought it was gonna go away and stop happening although the very first time it happened to me I thought I WAS DYING!!! Then it got sooooo worse and I hated IT so I told my mom everything and she told me my grandmother and her cousin had this same Condition and its passed on she even said to me it was in our genes and THAT MADE me hate just more and iam now scared of it more than ever. It's been years now and I'm kinda used to it , whenever it happens I just do some tricks and it goes away.

Does anyone have this? What's ur experiences, did you get rid if it and if yes then how?

Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which a person either during falling asleep (hypnagogia) or awakening (hypnopompia), temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak, or react.

It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep, characterized by muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (such as an intruder in the room) to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body).

One hypothesis is that it results from disrupted REM sleep, which normally induces complete muscle atonia to prevent sleepers from acting out their dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation.
This is serious, you possibly have a mental problem, please go to your doctor immediately... Sleep paralysis can kill if it gets serious and happens all the time, ever heard of people sleeping without waking up? how and why does sleep paralysis happen? it usually happens when you're in deep rem sleep but you are partly awake i.e mildly aware of your environment but your nervous system has been shut down thus blocking body movement that's why you want to open your eyes or move your body but you cannot, it's because your brain thinks you're still sleeping and has shut down other parts of your body but as you become aware of your environment i.e hearing sounds, thinking while in S.P your brain releases an hormone that makes you regain full nervous control.. do you know why this is bad if it happens almost all the time? chances are: you might not wake up again, because you have a low supply of that hormone or you have mental issues.. visit your doctor please...

PS: i'm a dreamer, I've had the strangest dreams and PS illusions.. you want advice? msg me via Whatsapp...
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 5:14am On Feb 10, 2016
Booyakasha:

This is serious, you possibly have a mental problem, please go to your doctor immediately... Sleep paralysis can kill if it gets serious and happens all the time, ever heard of people sleeping without waking up? how and why does sleep paralysis happen? it usually happens when you're in deep rem sleep but you are partly awake i.e mildly aware of your environment but your nervous system has been shut down thus blocking body movement that's why you want to open your eyes or move your body but you cannot, it's because your brain thinks you're still sleeping and has shut down other parts of your body but as you become aware of your environment i.e hearing sounds, thinking while in S.P your brain releases an hormone that makes you regain full nervous control.. do you know why this is bad if it happens almost all the time? chances are: you might not wake up again, because you have a low supply of that hormone or you have mental issues.. visit your doctor please...

PS: i'm a dreamer, I've had the strangest dreams and PS illusions.. you want advice? msg me via Whatsapp...

I've never thought of visiting a doc , and my granma still has and said we might never escape it but we shouldn't ever stop our prayers .she only has them like twice in a year but it's crazy for me and I'm so done with it undecided
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 10, 2016
ellacute45:

I did this I forced myself the habit of sleeping on my right BUT it STILL HAPPEND! And whenever it happens now I just try to relax ad wiggle my toes this helps me to be able to move in 30 seconds

Worst thing about having this is the hallucinations that's soo real and u know it's not dream cuz ur eyes are open I wish I had the power to never sleep but guess I've been cursed with this undecided
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2016
I used to experience something like that when I was very young. I had it Atleast once every week. I was too young to know what it was. It's really a very bad and scary thing
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by godofwar666(m): 9:00am On Feb 10, 2016
There things you have to do at the midnight around 1am, I will tell you what to do only if you're bold enough to do it!

1. Get a dark candle
2. By a white cloth
3. Try to ask ur mother the name of d spirit
4. Once it 1pm call the demon ask d demon what he really want but b4 doing dat make sure u don't eat anything reddish or stew n use d white cloth as ur rapper, there is a lot to be sed only if u can allow me. Thanks
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by JuicyGee(f): 11:32am On Feb 10, 2016
godofwar666:
There things you have to do at the midnight around 1am, I will tell you what to do only if you're bold enough to do it!

1. Get a dark candle
2. By a white cloth
3. Try to ask ur mother the name of d spirit
4. Once it 1pm call the demon ask d demon what he really want but b4 doing dat make sure u don't eat anything reddish or stew n use d white cloth as ur rapper, there is a lot to be sed only if u can allow me. Thanks
grin grin grin Bros are u a native doctor
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by HighIQ(m): 12:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
It's medically normally. Many people have had it before. I used to have it before but it has stopped. The last one I had was scary and it appeared as though my soul left my body 'poro' while I was struggling to wake up. It is a boundary btw sleep and awakeness. Lalasticlala too can't deny he hasn't. Many people see it as spiritual but it is normal. It won't kill but the only disadvantage is that it is scary where it appear as though a dragon mounted on your back and you are unable to speak and move. I miss those experience
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Nobody: 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
HighIQ:
It's medically normally. Many people have had it before. I used to have it before but it has stopped. The last one I had was scary and it appeared as though my soul left my body 'poro' while I was struggling to wake up. It is a boundary btw sleep and awakeness. Lalasticlala too can't deny he hasn't. Many people see it as spiritual but it is normal. It won't kill but the only disadvantage is that it is scary where it appear as though a dragon mounted on your back and you are unable to speak and move. I miss those experience

I miss it huh did I just read that right !!
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by godofwar666(m): 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
JuicyGee:

grin grin grin Bros are u a native doctor
no I'm not but you can summon d spirit
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by sholikay(m): 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
It do happen to me mostly at night,whenever I had a long sleep during the day...mhen the thing is not funny..my breathing won't be normal..I would find myself struggling to breath and wake up...maybe u should limit your during the day sleep..

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralaysis by HighIQ(m): 11:39pm On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=sholikay post=42794625]It do happen to me mostly at night,whenever I had a long sleep during the day...mhen the thing is not funny..my breathing won't be normal..I would find myself struggling to breath and wake up...maybe u should limit your during the day sleep..[/quotno b so
Re: Sleep Paralaysis by Onliie(m): 1:02am On Feb 11, 2016
Atlantian:
Its normal. I love that feeling when one seem helpless and dying. Just stick out your tongue from your mouth. Viola! you wake up.
are you serious. Sticking your tongue out helps?

(1) (Reply)

A Cop Took My Driver's License That Has My Picture With Him, What Could It Mean? / Man Weds His Bride On An Hospital Bed After She Was Involved In An Accident / This Is The Reason Why Most Men Cheat On Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.