Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex (1063 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / Benefits Of Remaining A Virgin Till Marriage By Nancy Hanna / How To Permanently Stop Masturbation (lessons From An Ex-chronic Masturbator) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by veeluv2015(f): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
One of the surest means of breaking a relationship is by keeping close contact with an ex-lover/partner. This is so common among so many people. You make your ex your “best friend” and want your lover/partner to be cool with it. That is a hundred percent not possible. If you wanted to remain close friends with the person then why did you break up in the first place?

Let us be truthful to ourselves here, one of the reasons why we resume communication with our ex is to find out what went wrong and how it can be amended. This does not necessarily have to be the intention of both parties but when one party has that in mind then anything can happen because before the flames of “friendship” start burning again, there must be forgiveness first. And once forgiveness sets in, you can fall in love with the person all over again if you spend so much time together. Because this so called ex now knows where they went wrong initially and how to set it right. And if they are determined, they will have you back in their bed before you know what’s happening.

We are so used to giving the excuse of not intentionally doing what we did. The question here is “what was not intentional? Is it that we unintentionally accepted our ex back into our lives? Or we unintentionally made them our “best friend”? Or we unintentionally met with them in a private place and also unintentionally jumped into their beds? C’mon, let’s face it. Nothing was unintentional. We saw the outcome even before we ventured into it.

Now, if eventually after sleeping with the “ex”, you realize it wasn’t supposed to happen and still want to stick to your partner, you still make the mistake of trying to play smart about it and hide it from them. You might succeed for a while or even forever. But what if he/she eventually gets a wind of it, what happens then? Where will that place our relationship? Even if it doesn’t destroy it, it’ll kill the trust that you once shared so it’s a Lose-Lose situation.

So let us be careful about these things. Of course you can resume communication with an ex but don’t make the mistake of allowing the hand shake extend to the elbow.

CIAO!!!

SOURCE: http://www.juicygossips.com.ng/2016/02/juicy-special-dangers-of-remaining.html

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by Cutehector(m): 2:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
One lady came to visit me, and after she was like, my ex is calling me, I want to see him.

There and then I deleted her number!
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by veeluv2015(f): 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
Cutehector:
One lady came to visit me, and after she was like, my ex is calling me, I want to see him.

There and then I deleted her number!

Lol
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by jonaifame22(m): 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
Abeg make una help me tell vicky
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by sinaj(f): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
Their agape love might rekindle, thereby making the new guy an option sad
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by Smartguy001(m): 2:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
Communicating wit ur ex means u r still in2 them...some feelings is still der, beta not start a relationship with such person...
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by sinequanon: 3:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
Good post OP!

A girl I know lives with her bf. They are not married, but they have a daughter.

She invites her ex round, "no problem". She even admits that he broke up with her, and she hadn't wanted to break up.

All her exes, bfs, and friends are "equal", she says. grin

True hippie stuff.
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by vault(m): 3:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
now its my own ex that won't leave me alone
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by veeluv2015(f): 3:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
sinequanon:
Good post OP!

A girl I know lives with her bf. They are not married, but they have a daughter.

She invites her ex round, "no problem". She even admits that he broke up with her, and she hadn't wanted to break up.

All her exes, bfs, and friends are "equal", she says. grin

True hippie stuff.

lol.....equal indeed
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
lalasticlala mynd44 FP material
i dont do love
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by veeluv2015(f): 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Adebowaletunji:
lalasticlala mynd44 FP material

i dont do love

what do you do?
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
veeluv2015:

what do you do?
i just live my life
Re: Dangers Of Remaining Close Friends With An Ex by chigoizie7(m): 9:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
What's the big deal?

As long as we keep fvcking, I ain't loosing nada.

If we found it necessary to still be good friends, what's the big deal? That we broke up does not make us enemies. And in the cause of being friends, we rekindled the flame, what's the biggie?

Sometimes, we break up to make up. We break up to understand ourselves better. Sometimes we don't know the value of what we have until we loose it, and if we happen to find that thing again? I bet the best thing to do is to cherish it with all we have so that we don't loose it again.

Forget about my player side, I am human still. And I believe in second chances.

If we still find it worthy to be best of friends, then why can't we get back together?

Some people give up easily.

(1) (Reply)

Here's Why Older Men Rape Underaged Girls And Sometimes Boys / South African Female OAP Proposes To Her Girlfriend In Public (photos) / He’s Spending, He’s Caring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.