Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch (21522 Views)

EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae / EFCC Seizes Diezani's Asokoro House, $2m Worth Of Furnishings, Bulletproof Gym / Pix Of Amosu Sock-away Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by HungerBAD: 3:33am On Feb 11, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has seized houses and other properties belonging to the immediate past Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Amosu (retd.), and other senior military officers worth N5bn.

Our correspondent learnt on Wednesday that the properties, which were seized in the Ikoyi, Ikeja GRA and Badagry areas of Lagos State, allegedly belonged to Amosu; the immediate past Chief of Accounts and Budgeting of the Nigerian Air Force, Air Vice Marshal J.B. Adigun; and Air Commodore O. O. Gbadebo, who was the Director of Finance and Budget at NAF.

A senior EFCC official, who did not want his name in print, told our correspondent that the suspects and others were cooperating fully with the anti-graft agency.

The source, who spoke to The PUNCH on Wednesday, in Abuja, said, “We have sealed a block of 12 luxury flats, located on Agodogba Street, Park View Estate, Ikoyi, belonging to Adigun. It is worth over N1.7bn. The same Adigun also owns another block of luxury flats on Sinari Daranijo Street, Victoria Island, Lagos. It is worth N1.8bn.

“A parcel of land, located on Bourdillon Drive, Ikoyi, worth N908m, belonging to Adigun has also been seized by the EFCC operatives.”

The source added that six other properties had been traced to Adigun, including a set of four terrace houses on Agede Street, off Aminu Kano in the Wuse 2 area of Abuja.

He stated that the properties traced to Amosu were located in the Ikeja area of Lagos metropolis.

The operative said apart from the buildings, Amosu’s vehicles had also been confiscated by the anti-graft agency.

He added, “Amosu confessed to owning an ultra-modern hospital on Adeniyi Jones Avenue in Ikeja. The hospital, St Solomon Health Care Limited, which is worth about N85m, has been sealed off.

“A house located on Adeyemo Alakija Street, GRA Ikeja, near the Ghanaian High Commission, which belongs to Amosu has also been sealed. It is worth over N200m.

“Amosu, who is from Badagry, also built a house in the area. That house has also been sealed off. I cannot state the worth of the house for now.

“We have also seized a bulletproof Toyota Sports Utility Vehicle and a Toyota Avalon, belonging to Amosu. He is cooperating with us.”

The detective said six other properties had been traced to Amosu, including one in Harmony Estate in Abuja.

The EFCC source said a block of flats, belonging to Gbadebo, had also been seized.

“Gbadebo was the assistant to Adigun. He is also helping with investigation. He owns a block of eight two-bedroomed flats in a border town between Lagos and Ogun states. He also has a fish pond in the compound. The building has also been sealed off,” he said.

Our correspondent learnt that as of Wednesday afternoon, detectives were still tracing and sealing off other properties.

Amosu and over 10 senior officers are being probed by the EFCC as part of investigations into the $2.1bn arms scam, especially in relation to the 10 contracts of the NAF, said to be worth $930,500,690.00.

On Monday, the immediate past Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh (retd.), was detained by the anti-graft agency.

Both Badeh and Amosu are answering questions on the non-specification of procurement costs, absence of contract agreements, award of contracts beyond authorised thresholds, transfer of public funds for unidentified purposes and general non-adherence to provisions of the Public Procurement Act.

The source explained that the EFCC had been given 30 days by the court to do a proper investigation.

“We have obtained court order and holding charge; we can detain them. It subsists for 30 days. Hopefully, we will be able to charge them to court very soon.

“We are sending a message to civil servants because the era of impunity is over,” the source stated.

All attempts to get an official confirmation from the EFCC proved abortive as the spokesperson for the agency, Wilson Uwujaren, neither responded to repeated telephone calls nor a text message sent to his mobile.

The PUNCH exclusively reported on February 3 that the EFCC had asked the former Chief of Air Staff to refund some money or contract sums traced to him.

Since his detention, Amosu had been quizzed over the procurement of two second-hand Mi-24V Helicopters instead of the recommended Mi-35M series at a cost of $136.9m.

The helicopters were alleged not to be operationally airworthy at the time of delivery while a brand new unit of such helicopters costs about
$30m.

http://www.punchng.com/efcc-seizes-n5bn-houses-of-ex-naf-chief-amosu-others/

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Destined2win: 3:34am On Feb 11, 2016
looting...The monster that needs to be killed in Nigeria

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by kokoA(m): 4:00am On Feb 11, 2016
No military officer earns up to 800k monthly. I wonder why most of the very senior officers are usually stinkingly rich. undecided

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by tiger28: 4:01am On Feb 11, 2016
All these thieves are Yorubas but you will NEVER see any of us (Yorubas)wailing in support of these kleptomaniacs. Looting is stealing and our culture frowns at this act EVEN if it is committed by our own.......unlike those shameless people that embrace all sorts of vices for the sake of "he is our Son". Very shameful folks indeed! !

168 Likes 10 Shares

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by VampireeM(f): 4:08am On Feb 11, 2016
am not saying Mr President shouldnt fight corruption but I noticed Since he came into power and claimed he is fighting Corruption am yet to hear where an APC member or Chieftain esp those ones that were in PDP has been arrested by EFCC or Probed even with petitions written against them.

PMB's anti corruption war is more of a witch hunt! If truly he wants to fight corruption, he has to start from the root and not the branch...

Since the inception of this govt, everyday arresting and probing with no meaningful results. Touring round the continent like he is "Gulliver the Traveller" and some Zombie Nigerians are telling me its for our own good... Govt with no blue print on how to run the country and economy looking for whom to blame for their incompetence.
We are in 2016 and the budget is yet to be approved? Are we moving backward or Forward?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by VampireeM(f): 4:10am On Feb 11, 2016
tiger28:
All these thieves are Yorubas but you will NEVER see any of us (Yorubas)wailing in support of these kleptomaniacs. Looting is stealing and our culture frowns at this act EVEN if it is committed by our own.......unlike those shameless people that embrace all sorts of vices for the sake of "he is our Son". Very shameful folks indeed! !
$

wrt the bold statement above, Call their names COWARD

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by chriskosherbal(m): 4:53am On Feb 11, 2016
The fight against corruption by EFCC.
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by tellwisdom: 5:07am On Feb 11, 2016
Please en devour to let me know when auctioning commences. Thank you angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by obasiken: 5:33am On Feb 11, 2016
Yes yes yes
Seize their properties.

But this anti corruption war is getting boring.
All i want to see is infrastructural development and a better economy. That is the kind of news I want to hear. Catching thieves will do little or nothing to improve the living standard of the people.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by sevenhundred(m): 5:35am On Feb 11, 2016
VampireeM:
am not saying Mr President shouldnt fight corruption but I noticed Since he came into power and claimed he is fighting Corruption am yet to hear where an APC member or Chieftain esp those ones that were in PDP has been arrested by EFCC or Probed even with petitions written against them.

PMB's anti corruption war is more of a witch hunt! If truly he wants to fight corruption, he has to start from the root and not the branch...

Since the inception of this govt, everyday arresting and probing with no meaningful results. Touring round the continent like he is "Gulliver the Traveller" and some Zombie Nigerians are telling me its for our own good... Govt with no blue print on how to run the country and economy looking for whom to blame for their incompetence.
We are in 2016 and the budget is yet to be approved? Are we moving backward or Forward?
WE must fight and arrest the enemies who are corrupt first,

24 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Iroh88(m): 5:47am On Feb 11, 2016
kokoA:
No military officer earns up to 800k monthly. I wonder why most of the very senior officers are usually stinkingly rich. undecided
When news broke about the sealing of Badeh's estate in Abuja and I made a remark concerning the worth of the property and how the alleged owner could possibly explain how he got it if not through corrupt means, an Epka came after me accusing me of ignorance, that I have no idea how much an army chief earns!! Just imagine that!! I made him understand NO GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE could earn so much as to build a billion naira estate if they didn't enrich themselves through corrupt means.

Too bad we have such people who would viciously defend those solely responsible for their poor state of living simply because they are connected to the regime of the Ineffectual Buffoon.

Watch Ipod youths do the usual. Perhaps they'd adopt these men as their sons also and march on the streets on their behalf.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Nigeriayouths20: 5:51am On Feb 11, 2016
no more business as usual.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by fitzmayowa: 5:54am On Feb 11, 2016
obasiken:
Yes yes yes
Seize their properties.

All i want to see is infrastructural development and a better economy. That is the kind of news I want to hear. Catching thieves will do little or nothing to improve the living standard of the people

GBAM!!! @bolded

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Nobody: 6:08am On Feb 11, 2016
VampireeM:

well said. spoken like a true friend of corruption. Meanwhile, the 'witch hunt' must continue

38 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by SmartMugu: 6:36am On Feb 11, 2016
At this pace EFCC is moving, are they ever going to get to Governors and Local Government Chairmen before Buhari's tenure expires?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by kokoA(m): 6:56am On Feb 11, 2016
Iroh88:
When news broke about the sealing of Badeh's estate in Abuja and made a remark concerning the worth of the property and how the alleged owner could possibly explain how he got it if not through corrupt means, an Epka can't after me accusing me of ignorance, that I have no idea how much an army chief earns!! Just imagine that!! I made him understand NO GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE could earn so much as to build a billion naira estate if they didn't enrich themselves through corrupt means.

Too bad we have such people who would viciously defend those solely responsible for their poor state of living simply because they are connected to the regime of the Ineffectual Buffoon.

Watch Ipod youths do the usual. Perhaps they'd adopt these men as their sons also and march on the streets on their behalf.
Most Nigerians are ignorant. A director in the federal government earns slightly above 400k monthly, permanent secretaries and DGs between 700k to 800k monthly, yet these people live like kings.

19 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 11, 2016
Amazing action and great

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by muba4huss(m): 7:28am On Feb 11, 2016
Seriously we need a stringent law no corruption. How i wish we could adopt the law use in china.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 11, 2016
Mehn DIS guys get am for correct taste wallahi. See houses, see their locations. Shegu babban barawos kawai

1 Like

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Jesusloveyou: 8:02am On Feb 11, 2016
obasiken:
Yes yes yes
Seize their properties.

All i want to see is infrastructural development and a better economy. That is the kind of news I want to hear. Catching thieves will do little or nothing to improve the living standard of the people.
we need to recover before development,

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Viktor1983(m): 8:24am On Feb 11, 2016
Oh Kay.
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by brunofarad(m): 8:26am On Feb 11, 2016
Plz

Will EFCC eventually auction the properties so I can start saving now grin

Are you building?
CLICK HERE
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by looseweight: 8:26am On Feb 11, 2016
Good
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by lonelydora: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2016
Dear EFCC,

Instead of seizing these properties and allowing them to rot, why not relocate some IDPs to these properties. In months to come, we will see that all of them have been taken over by grass and animals.

My opinion.

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by chynie: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2016
Is this all this administration want to do

When we will start hearing economic plans

This anti-graft thing is getting boring
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by burnexcessfats(f): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2016
Ghen ghen!

This is good
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by efilefun(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2016
grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by 5starmilitant: 8:31am On Feb 11, 2016
tiger28:

I will confirm what you just said, when it gets to the turn of fashola, tinubu, and other Yoruba apc thieves. Time shall tell

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 11, 2016
ok
obasiken:
Yes yes yes
Seize their properties.

Infrastructural devt will actually kick off smoothly with abundance of capital.

The economy is bad at this moment not necessarily the govt's fault, oil price drops,
we are import-heavy and these cabals are stealing our monies even tho
the government said she's trying to make it stable

Before you can hear a fabulous news some needful things ought to be done,
getting our commonwealth back from these thieves is on the right course.

We might get at least a little back from them to improve our standard of living
in a little way.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by demarc001: 8:31am On Feb 11, 2016
Return our yams
Re: EFCC Seizes N5bn Houses Of Amosu, Others - The Punch by bimbochoco(m): 8:31am On Feb 11, 2016
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Fixes New Date For Solidarity Rally For Tinubu, Sanwo-olu / Atiku: How We Set Up DMO, Got Okonjo-Iweala To Leave World Bank For Nigeria / Chris Anyanwu's Bill Did Not Set 11 Years As The Age Of Consent (to Sexual Acts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.