Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Police Checkpoint And Bribe Collection: What's Your Experience? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Checkpoint And Bribe Collection: What's Your Experience? (503 Views)

Soldier Recognizes A Lady From Facebook At A Checkpoint In Adamawa state / Fayose Meets Soldiers At A Checkpoint, Narrates How He Ran Away From Army. PICS / What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Checkpoint And Bribe Collection: What's Your Experience? by Leader01(m): 6:35am On Feb 11, 2016
Road users, what are your experience about bribery and police checkpoint?
Re: Police Checkpoint And Bribe Collection: What's Your Experience? by princemillla(m): 6:54am On Feb 11, 2016
I don't even know where to start from....

But the worst scenario was at ketu. I was just about to pull over around 6am but one female officer approached me and then quickly fetch the armed ones. They order me to drive into their station. I told her I wasn't gonna Park but she refused to hear me out. I drove in and I was charge for road obstruction which is not even true. To cut matter short. Had to pay 3k to get out of the station.

Extortion is becoming a business with the police, simple thing they could av advice u instead they will extort u

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint And Bribe Collection: What's Your Experience? by Leader01(m): 8:28am On Feb 11, 2016
princemillla:
I don't even know where to start from....

But the worst scenario was at ketu. I was just about to pull over around 6am but one female officer approached me and then quickly fetch the armed ones. They order me to drive into their station. I told her I wasn't gonna Park but she refused to hear me out. I drove in and I was charge for road obstruction which is not even true. To cut matter short. Had to pay 3k to get out of the station.

Extortion is becoming a business with the police, simple thing they could av advice u instead they will extort u

hmmmm
the target of most police men on road checkpoint is to make money.

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint And Bribe Collection: What's Your Experience? by Leader01(m): 8:39am On Feb 11, 2016
to pass some police checkpoint you have to pay, or they will look for a fault and threaten to arrest you or delay your movement.

checkpoint are now revenue generating points for police officers.

1 Like

Re: Police Checkpoint And Bribe Collection: What's Your Experience? by jesse8048(m): 9:49am On Feb 11, 2016
Since I started driving my hatred for police has increased so much that I wish one day I can smash like 50 of them with my car. They are so unprofessional that little things they would advise or correct you they would rather extort money from u nt minding ur problems. how they sleep at night after frustrating people still marvels me.
Re: Police Checkpoint And Bribe Collection: What's Your Experience? by lonelydora: 9:52am On Feb 11, 2016
Mine is too long

Typing.....
Re: Police Checkpoint And Bribe Collection: What's Your Experience? by Leader01(m): 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
lonelydora:
Mine is too long
Typing.....

Waiting

Your typing speed is 0.9%

(1) (Reply)

11 Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site – Senate / 2019: Sheriff’s Comment Laughable – APC / Will You Vote The Same Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.