Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG (16345 Views)

Jonathan Spent Huge Money To Stop Ambode From Becoming Lagos Governor - Tinubu / Boko-Haram: Jonathan Spent N2.2bn On Prayers / 55 Persons Stole N1.34tr In Eight Years – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by anonimi: 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
The change is in Buhari travelling with 20 people where Jonathan travelled with 200 people.

All these propaganda people with their plenty plenty LIES will not let person hear word.
Is that why Buubu has not passed on the presidential jets to Nigeria Airways as he promised

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856745_france1_jpegbcac12e5182a39792bfe884c7ba4f4fd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2534006_bac_jpegc61aa2b5c36e6eaed9536f13d8712e19

GMB‬ Speech While Addressing Nigeria Community In The United Kingdom.

I Will Maintain a modest lifestyle as President -Muhammadu Buhari.

“One of the major killers of our economy apart from corruption is waste. Our scarce resources are being plundered away very carelessly and unnecessarily wasted. Let me give an instance, presently, there are more than 6 aircraft in the presidential fleet. What do you call that? Billions of naira is budgeted every year for the maintenance of these aircraft not to talk of operational cost and other expenses.

You may want to ask what a Nigerian President is doing with so many aircraft when a Prime Minister of Britain fly around using the same public aircraft like an ordinary Briton.

Go and check and compare with that of any developed country in the world, the office of the Nigerian President is a very expensive one inspite our high level of poverty, lack and joblessness. Despite all these, you still find a Nigerian Minister spending about N10billion to charter an aircraft for just one year. Now, for me, when we come into office, all these waste will be blocked and properly channelled into our economy. We intend for instance, to bring back our National carrier, the Nigerian airways. [size=14pt]We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airways[/size] and within a year increase the fleet into about 20.

More from: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=217159

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3389413_image7_jpeg0732f13267acada79ff6f1cbe3254162

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by vizboy(m): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
And the Blame Game Continues

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by wilcox(m): 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
The rate at which the President is going, I bet he will out shine Jonathan on this. Yeye the smell. So this is the information someone will go to the office to compile and when he comes back his children and wife (wives) will ask him daddy how was work today and will definitely tell them he had a long day at work.
Must you compare your administration with the past administration, and even if you have to why must it be Jonathan's own. What happened to other past government?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
Jonathan sef shocked
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by anonimi: 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
Adebowaletunji:
blame game....thats why we voted u to change things from happening the old way...blame game everyday

or who is thinking what am thinking that they want to use it as a justification for their travels and waste more money

#retards

Real blame game oh, I tell you. shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3386584_img20160209151617_jpeged2361e0101fcbb510a35c3f0f40701e

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by chudyboy05(m): 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
Enjoy d Chanji while it last

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by Lustig(m): 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mr. Buhari roll up ur sleeves and get to work! Stop blaming the past administration. We (Nigerians) know Jonathan did somethings wrong. That's y we voted for u - to fix the system, stop boring us with Jonathan this and Jonathan that. Now now 1 year anniversary of ur administration go reach and u are still complaining!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by Freksy(m): 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
ShitHead:
That's why you wan to beat his records now,abi? By collecting rent for Aso Rock.

So you believe already.
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by ZUBY77(m): 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
blackpanda:

Oil was high So was unemployment, poverty, poor infrastructure, zero domestic investment....but jona kept jetting around with hundreds of entourage, most of whom had absolutely nothing to contribute to the trips!

I don't get it when people shout unemployment.
I hardly comment on unemployment topics because I simply think it's laziness and over-inlafted hope that kept our youth from being employed.
I have a million and one things I could be doing to sustain myself instead of waiting for government jobs.

First of all, don't depend on the certificate you obtained from the University. Find something to learn, something you will learn physically, not on the chalkboard.

90% of the things I know today came from Google search results. I don't need any certificate to practice those things in learnt from there. Do I? I only need certificates for two reasons, one is for the same employment you are talking about, the other is to brag.

The best thing I beleive I learnt from the little time I spent in secondary school was how to read and write.
That was all the weapon I needed to succeed.

Everybody must not work for shell or NNPC or Custom and Immigration.

Have you ever heard the Chinese crying for unemployment? 80% of the population engaged in private businesses. It is only the lazy Americans which Nigerians are trying to emulate, that cries over unemployment. Unfortunately for Nigeria, America has social security system that gives people money.

Any government that promises you employment is lying. Trust me on this. Nigeria does not know it's population, so it's impossible to know how to deal with unemployment issues. Nigeria does not know the number of people without jobs, so it's not possible to solve the unemployment problem. Nigeria is full of dishonest people who will claim they are not employed, just to benefit form dubious programs. Someone working in a company that pays him 60k a month would jump unto another job that pays 70k a month. And trust me, he would claim he is not employed while applying for the higher job. You can see you are on your own here.

Stop carrying that file full of your certificates around, it means nothing to anybody out there.
98% percent of women and children would Chose Ifeanyi Uba of capital oil ahead of that PhD holder you know.

Sit down and think. Think of something you can do. Plan on how to go about it. Start thinking of how to source funds to sponsor it. All this will take you just one year or less. I wouldn't mind helping you with funds if I have guarantee that I will get my money back.
I started writing some books three years ago, and last year, I decided to edit and publish. Then I slammed 200 naira on each online sale. I created a separate account for it and send every money in realise from the book to it. By December 31,2015, there was over 300K in it. Now tell me why I have to wait for Buhari or Jonathan?
The owner of Nairaland does not care about unemployment, do you know why?
There must be something you can do. Your country don't have enough to developers it's infrastructure and you want to earn millions as salaries every year. Go and fond something to do by yourself.

I have fresh graduates that are currently studying some business skills from me. With as little as 100 or 200K, they will be up and running in few months.

What is Jonathan or Buhari going to do for you? The last time immigration announced recruitment for 5000 positions, 3 million people applied. Even if you succeed in being one of the people getting the job, what about that person who didn't get it? is life only about you?

So, stop blaming the presidency for unemployment. Not Buhari, Not Jonathan, Not Obasanjo. They don't know you.

Stop wasting your time discussing this criminals, they don't care about you. Lai Muhammed dont care, Fashola down care, Rochas don't care, Wike don't care. We praise them after borrowing money to execute some projects, they should be praising us instead for allowing them to borrow and mortgage our future.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by saintkel(m): 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
mankan2k7:
Have u blamed Jonathan today?
hahahahahaha chai! I don die o
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by ogmaskman: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
sholatech:
If you read the article, you will notice it's Federal Government Overhead spend in the period covered. Bulk of these were spent by Federal Civil Servants and Ministries, not Presidency

The problem is not the reading but the understanding.
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by enoch273: 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
No doubt, buhari has spent X2 of that these few months
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by enoch273: 1:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
ZUBY77:

I hardly comment on unemployment topics because I simply think it's laziness and over-inlafted hope that kept our youth from being employed.
I have a million and one things I could be doing to sustain myself instead of waiting for government jobs.

First of all, don't depend on the certificate you obtained from the University. Find something to learn, something you will learn physically, not on the chalkboard.

90% of the things I know today came from Google search results. I don't need any certificate to practice those things in learnt from there. Do I? I only need certificates for two reasons, one is for the same employment you are talking about, the other is to brag.

The best thing I beleive I learnt from the little time I spent in secondary school was how to read and write.

Have you ever heard the Chinese crying for unemployment? 80% of the population engaged in private businesses. It is only the lazy Americans which Nigerians are trying to emulate, that cries over unemployment. Unfortunately for Nigeria, America has social security system that gives people money.

Any government that promises you employment is lying. Trust me on this.

Stop carrying that file full of your certificates around, it means nothing to anybody out there.
98% percent of women and children would Chose Ifeanyi Uba of capital oil ahead of that PhD holder you know.

Sit down and think. Think of something you can do. Plan on how to go about it. Start thinking of how to source funds to sponsor it. All this will take you just one year or less. I wouldn't mind helping you with funds if I have guarantee that I will get my money back.
I started writing some books three years ago, and last year, I decided to edit and publish. Then I slammed 200 naira on each online sale. I created a separate account for it and send every money in realise from the book to it. By December 31,2015, there was over 300K in it. Now tell me why I have to wait for Buhari or Jonathan?
There must be something you can do. Your country don't have enough to developers it's infrastructure and you want to earn millions as salaries every year. Go and fond something to do by yourself.

I have fresh graduates that are currently studying some business skills from me. With as little as 100 or 200K, they will be up and running in few months.

What is Jonathan or Buhari going to do for you? The last time immigration announced recruitment for 5000 positions, 3 million people applied. Even if you succeed in being one of the people getting the job, what about that person who didn't get it? is life only about you?

So, stop blaming the presidency for unemployment. Not Buhari, Not Jonathan, Not Obasanjo. They don't know you.

Stop wasting your time discussing this criminals, they don't care about you. Lai Muhammed dont care, Fashola down care, Rochas don't care, Wike don't care. We praise them after borrowing money to execute some projects, they should be praising us instead for allowing them to borrow and mortgage our future.

Baba! I feel you
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by Mistermamus(m): 1:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
Divert attention away 4rm d budget of corruption
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2016
petkoffDrake:

So dullard wants to retalliate or what? sad
I dont get it, instead of telling d president thAt he should reduse d issue of travelling to d whole world, they are ther blaming oga jona yet again.
If jona has broken d law, what stops them from arresting him?

While they are at it, they might as well go to the beginning and tell us how much Lord Lugard spent.
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by wazobiaN9(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
SouthernBreeze:
So how much has bubu spent on travels in the past 9 months?. This government is the biggest joke ever, we saw this coming and we spread the message, they tagged us 'wailers'. Thank God we're being vindicated everyday. Hypocritical government

Breaking news: Southern breeze blows common sense to sleep.

You do a review of recent history when you want to improve performance of a unit just put in your charge. That is the basic process that led to the statistics; review past and profer ways to improve in the future.

I bet all you noise makers didn't read the article, you just freaked out at the topic.. that's why we call you wailers.
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by prothelley(f): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
sammyj:
God help this country. Everybody just want to have huge share of the national cake not minding if the country will collapse one day. Both GEJ and all other rulers are the root cause of the suffering and hardship currently being inflicted on the masses. Even up till this very moment Fashola and PMB want to inflict more hardship with the increase in the electricity tariff, i believe one day the monkey will go to the market and not return to his master sooner very soon. God help and bless Nigeria.!! angry

Sure GEJ is also the cause of the scam 2016 budget
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by Laid2001: 2:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
That will be average of a N5 billion per trip of Jonathan, that is assuming he travels every week throughout these three years.

Yet Fayose complains about the $1million per trip of bubu!. In three years, if Bubu travels every week he would have spent $162 in three years. That will be equal to N32.4 billion at official rate and N48 billion at black market rate.

Conclusion GEJ is a spendthrift and megalomaniac compared to Bubu!.

How do you start to compare N300 million per trip of Bubu to a minimum of N5 billion per trip of GEJ!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by Laid2001: 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
And you belief that exonerates GEJ from his kleptomaniac behavior of looting our treasury!

prothelley:

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by uzolexis(f): 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
blackpanda:

Oil was high So was unemployment, poverty, poor infrastructure, zero domestic investment....but jona kept jetting around with hundreds of entourage, most of whom had absolutely nothing to contribute to the trips!

that's exactly why we voted Jona out and voted buhari in cos Buhari promised us that he will be different (positively of course) from Jona, but what are we seeing today?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by sammyj: 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
............ grin angry shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
prothelley:

Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by blackpanda: 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
uzolexis:

that's exactly why we voted Jona out and voted buhari in cos Buhari promised us that he will be different (positively of course) from Jona, but what are we seeing today?

Dont quote me out of context. My comment was referring to someone else's position that jonathan's extravagance was validated because nigeria was rich.
Btw all Buhari's trips have been limited to only persons who are essential to the mission. He doesnt carry praise singers and traditional dancers like jona. Tho more needs to be done in closing other leakages.

Speaking of blocking leakages, surely u are aware that its only under this regime that we actually started implementing TSA and using BVN to block looters
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by SoniaJames(f): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
Stop telling us about what Jonathan did and start telling us about what you are doing to effect positive change Confused government. sad
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by coolbis: 2:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
There was massive wastage under GEJ. Very few Nigerians deny it and that is why we voted in Pres. Buhari. That does not change the massive wastage in the present budget. The economy is crashing due to the drop in crude prices. The current government should channel the scarce resources carefully.

After the massive wastage of the last government, we can not go through another round of looting Jamboree. All culprits of the current budget scandal should not only leave their positions but, face the full wrath of the law.
right on point Bro, we actually voted jona and his cronies out of power so we can chart a new course for our nation. No doubt Jona was a big mistake in our political history and that is exactly why we voted for a sharp departure from our convetional ways, its gong to be quite insulting if PMB doesnt get his acts together and begin to show us that we didnt make amistake voting him 2 power. 2019 is just around t'he corner
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by BushidoBlue(m): 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
Una don come again with these figures being plucked from the Lai...

No matter how much these people try, you can't hide the fact that their budget is full of inflated figures.....

Hahahahahahahahahaaa....
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by djkirkoo2(m): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
Have you blamed GEJ today? If no, kindly send BGEJ to 131 as SMS. APC the party of scammers
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by abanicool(f): 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
And you believe that Governor but you won't believe that you have mental issues caused by hate and bigotry?
common shut up ur mouth there.....
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by Manspeaks(m): 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
Diversionary! Diversionary!! Diversionary!!! What is this for God's sake! These people will do all that is necessary to keep everybody away from their ineptitude and lack of focus. I am really fed up with this Newspaper balderdash. At the moment nothing is working in Nigeria, believe it or not that's your business. Need I remind anyone who will quote me that I am not one of the jobless layabouts you attack unnecessarily.
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by myproperty(m): 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
It's ok to calm down and read the article. No cop will arrest you for that.
Did you yourself read the article? If you have read it you would see something like this:

To reduce the incidence of cash, the deployment of Ministerial Debit Cards is being piloted.
The Unit, which carried out an extensive and detailed review of the Overhead Expenditure data of the government for the period 2012 to 2014, found that the overhead spending pattern was concentrated on a limited number of items, including travel, maintenance, local and international training, welfare and office stationery/computer consumables.
This was part of the period when former President Goodluck Jonathan was in power.

Speaking at a media interaction in Lagos on Wednesday, the Head of the Efficiency Unit, Patience Oniha, stated: “The Cumulative Expenditure on these five items was N825 billion, representing 61 per cent of the Cumulative Total Overhead Expenditure of N1.353 billion for 2012 to 2014.
“This means that the average amount expended annually on these five items during this period was N275 billion.
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by Osama10(m): 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
ZUBY77:

Any government that promises you employment is lying. Trust me on this. Nigeria does not know it's population, so it's impossible to know how to deal with unemployment issues. Nigeria does not know the number of people without jobs, so it's not possible to solve the unemployment problem. Nigeria is full of dishonest people who will claim they are not employed, just to benefit form dubious programs. Someone working in a company that pays him 60k a month would jump unto another job that pays 70k a month. And trust me, he would claim he is not employed while applying for the higher job. You can see you are on your own here.

I feel you. cool
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by 989900: 3:56pm On Feb 11, 2016
harmless011:
We are tired of hearing what the last administration did, we are interested in what you are doing. So stop telling us tales about the last administration.
We agreed that the last administration failed hence the reason they were voted out, so now you are there stop talking and get to work.

That's almost a trillion Naira there . . . cumulatively, about a fifth of our previous annual budget (5% of our annual budget each year) -- that's huge! Haba!!!

It should not be true.
Re: Jonathan Spent N825bn On Travel Allowances, Stationery, Others In 3 Years – FG by AbleGodAlways: 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
Lying Buhari. Soon Nigerians go start to use koboko on you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Else Is Going To Visit Tinubu In London? / Governor Abdulrazaq Visits Released Nabeeha's Family Members In Abuja / IBB – All Presidential Candidates Have My Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.