Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos (19526 Views)

Rwanda Shuts Down 714 Churches Over Noise Pollution, Safety Issues / Adult Movie Mistakenly Displays On Church Screen During Service / What Can I Do About Noise Pollution By A Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by tonytony208(m): 11:50am On Feb 11, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
LET GOD ARISE AND HIS ENEMIES BE **************

Continue to foool yourself. Public nuisance. It is you that God will actually rise against for throwing your sense of reason to the dogs.
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by TheAziz: 11:50am On Feb 11, 2016
I'm not against xtians but, some churches are cruel especially the ones that are beside houses,.. imagine using microphone inside a small church during a vigil. and dem go dey shout, this is what i face in my street

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by ifyalways(f): 11:51am On Feb 11, 2016
Pineapp:
grin
"7thunderous holy ghost fire" embarassed
"21 noisy roof shaking alleluia" undecided
"All you evil landlord summersault and die" lipsrsealed

You go fear the way they'd be generously shaking convulsively angry
Hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by Laid2001: 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Why not just do the right thing on your own!.
Your logic is warped!. So because others are armed robbers, you too should be one abi.

So because there are mosques that makes loud calls to prayer and joints that makes noise pollution as marketing, then your church must also be at the forefront of constituting public nuisance!

philip0906:
I'm a Christian and would gladly support any law that prohibits "public disturbance"...but it should spread across all religions and sectors. If you are to punish the people who disturb in the church,
1.you should also punish the imams who disturbed our sleep in the morning.
2. You should also punish the beer parlor joints that blast noise called songs into our ear drums up till 2:00AM in the morning
3. Companies that in the name of marketing, blast songs and what have you disturbing public peace.

When this is done, I'll gladly tell my pastor to reduce the volume of his microphone and put our church speakers inside the church
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2016
Worst nightmare grin grin
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by olashas(f): 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
Wonderful development. I don call Lagos state tire for those on my street. How can I work 6 days a week and I can't rest on Sundays because of these crazy noisemakers? God ain't that far to listen.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by Laid2001: 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
If he comes every night he will be arrested too!

Moneyhatesme:
If na psquare come all night show na, them no go charge them to court o
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by PenSniper: 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
They should be jailed. Our present-day attitude as christians demeans rather than honour the name of the Lord Jesus the Christ. The use of public-address system turned outwards with several services and vigils every week have turned us into a bunch of nuisance.
What more, the attitude runs against the teachings of the Lord.

Before anyone crucifies me, i have the grace of running a
church for God but i take time not to disturb the neighbourhood. We use
electronics instruments for vigil only once in a month but occasionally four and hardly more than twice in a year.
Except for publicity stunt, am at pains to see the reason for everyday use of these intruments.
That we have the right for freedom of worship accords us no right whatsoever to infringe on the rights of others with impunity.
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by Boss13: 12:56pm On Feb 11, 2016
philip0906:
I'm a Christian and would gladly support any law that prohibits "public disturbance"...but it should spread across all religions and sectors. If you are to punish the people who disturb in the church,
2. You should also punish the beer parlor joints that blast noise called songs into our ear drums up till 2:00AM in the morning
3. Companies that in the name of marketing, blast songs and what have you disturbing public peace.

When this is done, I'll gladly tell my pastor to reduce the volume of his microphone and put our church speakers inside the church

Oh you busy waiting for others to reduce their decibels before you and your pastors follow suit. Your comments reek of ignorance because the judge who may try your case will not accept your excuse.
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by Boss13: 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
TheAziz:
I'm not against xtians but, some churches are cruel especially the ones that are beside houses,.. imagine using microphone inside a small church during a vigil. and dem go dey shout, this is what i face in my street

Please you don't need to be against Christians to say the truth. Say it the way it should. Many churches and their members including their pastors are disgusting

1 Like

Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by SuzieeDee(f): 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2016
philip0906:

If you read the post well you wouldn't have written this. They were not arrested bcus they prayed in the church. You can not turn a residential area to a church, mosque or hotel. if they want to pray, they should go to their church and scream out loud instead of disturbing the peace of the neighbours
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by Abukc(m): 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
[email][/email][/b][b] One church dey our backyard I know say one day he be there turn
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by kjhova(m): 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
After a long day at work, i am on my way home and the danfo drivers will kill me with traffic noise and needless horning.

At my home bus stop, the audio CD dealer has speakers that will kill me with unbeliveable decibels of vulgar music.

Up my street, the European football viewing centre lad has even more massive speakers with Martin Tyler screaming me to death!

Down my street, a rowdy all night vigil is commencing earnestly in the ambitious new age pentecostal church who's prayer warriors are intent on killing me with Jericho wailing!!

I endure all night with that renowned Nigerian doggedness...

I wake up in the morning and the muslim muezzin is on elephantine speakers eager to finish me off with wailings of calls to prayer!!!

I don't die, no, I am Nigerian. I get to the office groggy, foul and of the realisation that I too am making noise.

Nigeria is a noisy place. See how much tribal, bigotted, hardline, hate noise we make on Nairaland and all of our media space!

Lagos government, I appreciate your minimal attempt to bring sanity and dignity to a seemingly uncontrollable zone.

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by alaskido(m): 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
May the Almighty God help us in this times of tribulation and persecution of Gods people.
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by alaskido(m): 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
The mosques are also built within residential areas o but no one go call Police to arrest them. Na only Christians them to dey prosecute. If you check well the landlord of that building na Muslim.
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by rabzy: 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
philip0906:

Wrong.

As a christian you are expected to obey the law of Caesar even if others do not. So you and your pastors are deliberate law breakers because others are breaking the law. You all still need to grow spiritually.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by uzoormah(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
Moneyhatesme:
If na psquare come all night show na, them no go charge them to court o

True
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by OmoOsanyin: 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
philip0906:

Do two or more wrongs make a right...............its all sheer ignorance.
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
philip0906:

You are stupid sha. So a church should behave wrongly because beer parlors do same. I pity your destiny
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by Smooyis(m): 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
Some neighbours noise disturbs more than these churches. Ignorance is really a disease. I just hope the police will do their job well.
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by tatucci: 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
Pineapp:
grin
"7thunderous holy ghost fire" embarassed
"21 noisy roof shaking alleluia" undecided
"All you evil landlord summersault and die" lipsrsealed

You go fear the way they'd be generously shaking convulsively angry

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by akuracy(m): 7:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
I don't understand why a church of 50members will install a speaker meant for 10,000 people just to disturb the neighbourhood. That is witchcraft
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by akuracy(m): 7:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Oga, what if it was the Holy Spirit that was shouting through them? undecided
U want to use sense to limit the Holy Spirit? The court must be careful.God's Word has come to stay. Is the law above the word of God?
Your sarcasm is epic. This is PDP propaganda, we will not take it
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

I REJECT YOU THIS FAKE SATAN..... I WILL RELEASE THE FIRE FROM ABOVE TO DESCEND ON YOU.......
Lol. See this one. You think say you be Fire Man? Grow up and stop believing in magic.
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by atoleybaba(m): 11:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
philip0906:

so cos others break the law ur church should also break d law? Daft comment and 46 foolish souls liked it smh

1 Like

Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by akuracy(m): 11:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
atoleybaba:
so cos others break the law ur church should also break d law? Daft comment and 46 foolish souls liked it smh
Lol, atoleybaba, this man collect your babe before ?
Re: Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos by esthadewunmi(f): 8:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
Is true they are disturbing the neighbourhood, but is not up to court issue at least the beer parlours and the disc hawkers are doing worst than that and nobody to challenge them. Any God will see them through, because Paul and Silas voice out to God and miracle happen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can One Pray To God To Forgive The Sins Of Another? / 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis / The Atheists Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.