Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate (16939 Views)

Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel / 11 Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site – Senate / Buhari Phobia: N2.5b Adada Dam Contractor Rushes Back To Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Adesiji77: 6:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
The Senate Committee on Works on Wednesday revealed how 11 contractors collected N4 billion from the Federal Government and failed to mobilize workers to sites. Although the‎ Committee, chaired by Senator Kabiru Gaya, refused to unveil the names of the contractors involved in the act, it described the development as unacceptable.

The Committee however announced the various roads abandoned by the contractors to include dualization of Otupko township roads and others in the South South and South East. Gaya directed the Ministry of Works to feed the committee with details of the contracts awarded in 2015 and their status at a later date.

Gaya said: “Eleven contractors have collected mobilization fees and there is zero implementation.
“Some collected N500 million and one of the contractors collected N1 billion.
“For instance in the case of dualisation of Otukpo township road, N1 billion was paid to the contractors.
“Minister, you need to check that and give us details at the next meeting.
“There is no point giving a contractor mobilization fee when he cannot perform.”

Speaking on the ministry’s 2016 budget proposal, Gaya pointed out some roads in the country that were given zero allocation.
He urged the Minister of Works, Babatunde Fashola (SAN), to consider some of the roads in view of their link to major cities in the country.
The lawmaker said the committee would work on the budget proposal to ensure that funds were properly and adequately allocated.
He said: “I appreciate your effort and concern Honourable Minister, but we have to know what you are spending every year on the road and how to generate funds and see how we can achieve success.”

Responding to the development, Fashola, who is also the Minister of Power and Housing, explained that not all the contractors who were mobilized had zero performance. He said: “It is important to take the assessment that the committee has made on mobilization into context.
“In‎ my document, contract performance is not zero. “My understanding here is that going by the entire contract sum of N9.9 billion, by law, the contractors should get at least 15 per cent to move to site.

“The part where we have zero performance in the document, if a contractor was supposed to get N1.5 million and he got N500 million, he cannot be mobilised. “We will check and get back to you.”
Speaking on the 2016 budget proposal, Fashola said N10 billion was budgeted for work on the Abuja-Lokoja Road.
He also said N16 billion was earmarked for Kano-Maiduguri Road, while the rehabilitation of Apapa-Oshodi Road in Lagos State would gulp N5 billion, among others.

According to Fashola, in a bid to do achieve result, the ministry has come up with a plan to implement road projects based on needs.
He said the ministry would consider Public Private Partnership to adequately generate funds for completion of road projects across the country.
He, however, called for a review of relevant laws to fast-track the processes involved in PPP, adding that the hitches experienced in the course of such partnership had discouraged investors over time.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/11-contractors-pocketed-n4b-senate%E2%80%8E/

1 Like

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by SHEEGO2015(m): 6:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!!! Wen ar we going to stop deceiving ourselves?

8 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by bettercreature(m): 7:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
Why blaming the contractors? when those who awarded the contract probably ordered the contractors to remove their shares and transfer the money back to their family account
Gej wasnt a president
He was one brutal demolition man

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Bluezy13(m): 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
Corruption is being displayed right under the nose of corruption fighters... God help us.

Hey!!! I'm almost FTC

2 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by jeje123(m): 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
Major percent of contract amount have been shared, i dont blame contractors!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by chrisifeanyi: 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
The heat is on. 🔥🔥🔥

1 Like

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by ladenz(m): 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Fashola has idea and idea is need

2 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by nenergy(m): 7:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
Chai! shocked So This is what would have continued if we allowed CONTINUITY to continue. Thank God for CHANGE, its tough...but we'll emerge greater.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
Although the Committee, chaired by Senator Kabiru Gaya, refused to unveil the names of the contractors involved in the act, it described the development as unacceptable.
So what is the essence of this news?

17 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Lollipop247(f): 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
Imagine the nonsense!!
An average Nigerian is corrupt. I'm not surprised!!!!
It will take a hundred years 2 purge out corruption from Nigeria angry

5 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Akiika: 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
If you still think death by hanging isn't the appropriate punishment for these thieves, then you are a sick S.O.B yourself.

11 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Splashme: 7:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
sds
Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by bukkielee(m): 7:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
#uhari will only fight 1% of corruption in Nigeria
Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by valx2: 7:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
JONATHAN AND PDP ARE THE WORST THING THAT HAVE EVER HAPPENED TO THIS COUNTRY.. YES NA ME TALK AM.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by MonologKen: 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
Wow!!! That's cool
Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Suresir: 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
time has come when all contractors will giv account of al works done. Both past n present .4 oturpko road, ask david mark's wife she has all ideas on how she sent n useless the money 4 d road contracts.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by diasporaman(m): 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
There's dignity in Labour. God bless our hustle

7 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by MrDojo(m): 7:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
1billion was given to some1 as mobilizastion fee and the person did nt do anytin and no action has been taken against d@ person..haba y.?!...wud it not be beta to xpose all dis frudulent so called Contractors....

All dis Mad Mad quotations 5B, 16B to do road..... That's a lot of moni....

My honest prayer for Nigerians....pls let's sit up..there are a lot of things we take for granted in this Country d@ is really affect us.....

Bt again w@ do I knw.. cry

5 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Aufbauh(m): 7:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ewooo.... David Mark don kill us ooo

5 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by ozila(m): 7:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
very bad

3 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by kennyman2000(m): 7:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by adedam007(m): 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2016
A
Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by nickxtra(m): 7:23pm On Feb 11, 2016
So can somebody tell me that Senator David Mark is not aware that a contract to dualize Oturpo road was abandoned when he was Senate President? What action did he take? Nothing, perhaps he might have collected his share of the money, yet he is telling the Idomas that he represents their interest. mcheew

13 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by ednut1(m): 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
Some senators have been collecting billions and not doing anything dan mark attendance . every contract ever awarded back to back in nigeria since 1960 was over inflated. Tell us anoda story

3 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by gurunlocker: 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
Those idiots mentioning GEJ name, una dey craze? wetin concern GEJ for this? I'm sure you didn't bother reading the article, just rush to comment.

1 Like

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Reference(m): 7:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
nickxtra:
So can somebody tell me that Senator David Mark is not aware that a contract to dualize Oturpo road was abandoned when he was Senate President? What action did he take? Nothing, perhaps he might have collected his share of the money, yet he is telling the Idomas that he represents their interest. mcheew

Hahahaha and that's what they all tell my fellow Nigerians who fall for it time and again. When next they call for an election follow me on vacation. No politician can make me vote for him or her. That person has not been born let alone sanctified yet.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by NovusHomo(m): 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
Up FORTUNATO!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by yomalex(m): 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
Chai
Bluezy13:
Corruption is being displayed right under the nose of corruption fighters... God help us.
Hey!!! I'm almost FTC
really?
Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by mytime24(f): 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
Naija4sale

2 Likes

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Siberia101: 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
So do you mean a. contractor can embezzle the money allocated to Otukpo the Senate president home town? without the involvement of the Senate president?

Addonbilivit

1 Like

Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by slimfit1(m): 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
MrDojo:
1billion was given to some1 as mobilizastion fee and the person did nt do anytin and no action has been taken against d@ person..haba y.?!...wud it not be beta to xpose all dis frudulent so called Contractors....

All dis Mad Mad quotations 5B, 16B to do road..... That's a lot of moni....

My honest prayer for Nigerians....pls let's sit up..there are a lot of things we take for granted in this Country d@ is really affect us.....

Bt again w@ do I knw.. cry

Where is EFCC when you want them to have common sense.
Re: 11 Road Contractors Collected N4bn Without Going To Site-Senate by Fourwinds: 8:07pm On Feb 11, 2016
Bluezy13:

Hey!!! I'm almost FTC
was it dis present government dat awarded d contract or GEJ government E good make person dey reason once a while

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari In Bilateral Talks With David Cameron / Akpabio: PDP Senators Begin Search For Replacement / Court Strikes Out APC's Argument That Atiku Is Not Nigerian By Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.