Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet (45834 Views)

How Can I Keep Natural Hair / Ladies Order Your Packs Of Tummy Slimming Patch Product Now / My Weightloss Pictures, I Lost 34kg With Skipping Rope And Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

It is hereditary jare. I eat like a dinosaur, eat junk anyhow, even wake up to eat in the midnight but I weigh 45kg and my tummy is so flat. My mom and grandma were like 55kg too, slim and petite.
Cocacola is my best friend too, Two 35cls per day.
if yu really eat like a dinosaur n still look d way yu are on ur DP, I don run oooo b4 yu eat me up. grin

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by justmenoni: 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
Just imagine...

HateU2:
Beer is full of sugar
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by dmcdad: 2:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
justi4jesu:

No way...It's like preferring Juice to water. That's a no no for me.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Whatever rocks your boat mehn.cheesy
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by dmcdad: 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
HateU2:
Different for everybody. You are just lucky. I prefer wine instead of beer. Maintaining my figure is my job wink
I prefer wine too(red or white wine). But then the reality is that, I drink beer more often than wine. And to think that I have the kinda tummy I have even with that marvels me more.

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by dmcdad: 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

It is hereditary jare. I eat like a dinosaur, eat junk anyhow, even wake up to eat in the midnight but I weigh 45kg and my tummy is so flat. My mom and grandma were like 55kg too, slim and petite.
Cocacola is my best friend too, Two 35cls per day.
Walai! cheesycheesycheesy

You eat like a dinosaur? Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Anywayz, I like sugary things too, but i have bitter leaf as my best friend. I chew it almost daily. Plus, i sweat a lot.

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by ladyF(f): 2:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
I need to slim down sef. All this my pot belle must go in Jesus name. grin need to loose like 28kg

I don't believe the indomie own sha, plenty people for don get heart failure during school days grin
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by ipledge10(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
fashionengineer:
http://www.thefashionengineer.com/2015/10/27/how-i-keep-my-tummy-flat-on-a-nigerian-diet/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn’t it annoying whenever you look up diet tips, there’s like all of this oyinbo food that you don’t even eat anyway? Well don’t worry, I’m going to keep it 100% real with you all, like yeah I’m Nigerian-American, but in my house growing up, it was strictly Nigeria. I cook Nigerian food probably like 90% of the time, and when I’m on the go I will pick up a hamburger or something if I have a lot of programming work to do and I don’t have the time to cook. Okay so I’m going to share with you all some diet tricks and tips that I use to get my stomach flat, because Nigerian food is nice, but sometimes it can be extremely fattening, and it SHOWS!

Why are you putting all of that oil in your stew
Stop it. Just calm down. Take a step back and ask yourself if you really need ALL of that oil in there. It may take some time to get used to cooking with less oil, but if you start by cutting down an eighth every time, you’ll slowly get used to it. Also, if you can try cooking your soup/stew with extra virgin olive oil, even better if it is LIGHT extra virgin olive oil.

Indomie Does Not Count As Nigerian Food
Like for real ladies, stop playing. Stop being lazy. If you can cook it that fast, you can gain the fat even faster. Have you ever looked at the nutritional values on the back of a package of Indomie? Research has even shown that the consumption of too many instant noodles leads to heart attacks/ heart disease. Not only does Indomie cause belly fat, but TOO many instant noodles could be detrimental to your health. Just cool it on the Indomie. Just don’t even buy it. I only allow myself to eat one pack of Indomie a month. It’s just not worth it to me.

Don’t attack me please.. But leave that iyan alone. You have to!
I know a lot of you all love your iyan. I love my iyan too. I promise. But it’s like extremely fattening. You would gag if you knew how many calories were in one cup. Another high calorie food is semolina, which doesn’t really mean much to me, because I don’t care for the taste of semo to be honest. Sorry for all you ladies that do (610 calories a cup! Chai! but that’s still better than iyan!)…And this is why eba will always be BAE. Forever and a day! 110 calories per cup. Does it get any better than that? Don’t judge me, but I eat a lot of eba, and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. You don’t have to eat eba, but if you want to eat other foods, just be aware of the calorie intake, and eat in moderation.

If you can, eat brown rice and leave that white rice alone
Brown rice actually has about 15 more calories per serving than white rice, but here’s the thing, brown rice is A LOT LESS PROCESSED THAN WHITE RICE. What this means is that brown rice is going to breakdown properly in your system and go through all of the steps of your digestive system, leaving you with less of a glucose level spark. What does that mean? That means you will feel a lot FULLER after you eat brown rice, than when you eat white rice. And that will lead to less snacking. Less snacking? That’s good!

Egusi Is Bae..Forever
Egusi has one of the fats that your body actually needs! It is rich in Omega 3’s! This not only helps you lose weight, but it helps your hair grow stronger and faster! So make that egusi soup, but like all things, that doesn’t mean you should overdo it!
you didn't mention amala and ewedu...what can be more bae than that?
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by dmcdad: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
ladyF:
I need to slim down sef. All this my pot belle must go in Jesus name. grin need to loose like 28kg

I don't believe the indomie own sha, plenty people for don get heart failure during school days grin
You need to lose 28kg Na so you fat reach? My sister, e be like say you need Jesus ooooo.cheesycheesycheesy
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by dmcdad: 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
ipledge10:
you didn't mention amala and ewedu...what can be more bae than that?
Amala ati èfó.cheesy
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by ladyF(f): 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
dmcdad:

You need to lose 28kg Na so you fat reach? My sister, e be like say you need Jesus ooooo.cheesycheesycheesy
Lol na so I fat o. I no fit even move sef, na wheelbarrow things dem dey use take push me.

Even when I'm passing through some narrow doors, I have to turn sideways so I can pass.

I will start dieting very soon, let me just eat some more. grin
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by dmcdad: 3:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
ladyF:

Lol na so I fat o. I no fit even move sef, na wheelbarrow things dem dey use take push me.

Even when I'm passing through some narrow doors, I have to turn sideways so I can pass.

I will start dieting very soon, let me just eat some more. grin
Ehya...cheesycheesycheesy

If I hear say you fat ehn... I never see your pics bit I know say you just dey throw lamba for here.grin

You be lion.cheesy
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
Lacomus:
if yu really eat like a dinosaur n still look d way yu are on ur DP, I don run oooo b4 yu eat me up. grin
Ewwww, I am not a cannibal.
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by easycleaners(f): 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
Okay good. Are you in need of someone than can take care of your laundry or house cleaning,call:09095344650 or pin-2859f942
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by ladyF(f): 3:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
dmcdad:

Ehya...cheesycheesycheesy

If I hear say you fat ehn... I never see your pics bit I know say you just dey throw lamba for here.grin

You be lion.cheesy
Lol so are you calling me a LIAR?? grin
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 3:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
I can see no flat tummy. Tips for having not only a flat belly but also a ripped are as follows:

1. Eat small portions of your meal. Possibly five or six small meals daily.
2 engage in cardios and strength-training exercises.
3. Drink plenty of water.
4. Minimize d consumption of junk foods.
5. Eat foods rich in fibre and proteins

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by AsanwaKC(f): 3:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
the easiest way to lose is by counting calories...watch your fat intake, eat sweet potatoes boiled can be Really filling. drink lots of water, run away from soda, excess salt and achol.
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by saintfizzo(m): 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
kiss OP U are BAE for this piece
fashionengineer:
http://www.thefashionengineer.com/2015/10/27/how-i-keep-my-tummy-flat-on-a-nigerian-diet/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn’t it annoying whenever you look up diet tips, there’s like all of this oyinbo food that you don’t even eat anyway? Well don’t worry, I’m going to keep it 100% real with you all, like yeah I’m Nigerian-American, but in my house growing up, it was strictly Nigeria. I cook Nigerian food probably like 90% of the time, and when I’m on the go I will pick up a hamburger or something if I have a lot of programming work to do and I don’t have the time to cook. Okay so I’m going to share with you all some diet tricks and tips that I use to get my stomach flat, because Nigerian food is nice, but sometimes it can be extremely fattening, and it SHOWS!

Why are you putting all of that oil in your stew
Stop it. Just calm down. Take a step back and ask yourself if you really need ALL of that oil in there. It may take some time to get used to cooking with less oil, but if you start by cutting down an eighth every time, you’ll slowly get used to it. Also, if you can try cooking your soup/stew with extra virgin olive oil, even better if it is LIGHT extra virgin olive oil.

Indomie Does Not Count As Nigerian Food
Like for real ladies, stop playing. Stop being lazy. If you can cook it that fast, you can gain the fat even faster. Have you ever looked at the nutritional values on the back of a package of Indomie? Research has even shown that the consumption of too many instant noodles leads to heart attacks/ heart disease. Not only does Indomie cause belly fat, but TOO many instant noodles could be detrimental to your health. Just cool it on the Indomie. Just don’t even buy it. I only allow myself to eat one pack of Indomie a month. It’s just not worth it to me.

Don’t attack me please.. But leave that iyan alone. You have to!
I know a lot of you all love your iyan. I love my iyan too. I promise. But it’s like extremely fattening. You would gag if you knew how many calories were in one cup. Another high calorie food is semolina, which doesn’t really mean much to me, because I don’t care for the taste of semo to be honest. Sorry for all you ladies that do (610 calories a cup! Chai! but that’s still better than iyan!)…And this is why eba will always be BAE. Forever and a day! 110 calories per cup. Does it get any better than that? Don’t judge me, but I eat a lot of eba, and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. You don’t have to eat eba, but if you want to eat other foods, just be aware of the calorie intake, and eat in moderation.

If you can, eat brown rice and leave that white rice alone
Brown rice actually has about 15 more calories per serving than white rice, but here’s the thing, brown rice is A LOT LESS PROCESSED THAN WHITE RICE. What this means is that brown rice is going to breakdown properly in your system and go through all of the steps of your digestive system, leaving you with less of a glucose level spark. What does that mean? That means you will feel a lot FULLER after you eat brown rice, than when you eat white rice. And that will lead to less snacking. Less snacking? That’s good!

Egusi Is Bae..Forever
Egusi has one of the fats that your body actually needs! It is rich in Omega 3’s! This not only helps you lose weight, but it helps your hair grow stronger and faster! So make that egusi soup, but like all things, that doesn’t mean you should overdo it!
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by 9jatatafo(m): 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
Semolina and wheat are the same family though wheat is very good with confirm vegetable soup to augment. People who have diabetes complication of nerve damage and whose leg injury is not healing fast should run far from wheat because wheat contains a protein compound that destroys the nerves in the body. The compound is called gluten, gluten is found in wheat and semo
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

Ewwww, I am not a cannibal.
*coming back* what did yu say, owk if yu no be cannibal watin yu be ?
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by cupidhero(m): 3:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
Una own good. I grind all night and i eat and drink anything wey hungry me and i don't exercise...so pot belly na normal ish. Even girls wey fat pass Rebel Wilson dey claim Jenifer Garner.
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by saintkel(m): 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
samuelchimmy:
Hmmm,nice writeup,
lalasticlala fp please so many people need to see this.
I am even confused, all dis Nigeria-americana self, I love simple write up with simple english not all dis junky and ass whipping write up. Try to keep it simple Op and also mix it with our local language too

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
justmenoni:
Just imagine...

imagine what undecided
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Payshence(f): 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
Do you mean 'INDOMIE' or 'NOODLES' genrally? No spoil market for De United Foods oo.
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Mrbigman1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
Omotayor123:
OP you try well well.... But if I hear say I leave rice and Indomie alone undecided undecided tongue

LWTMBD.

Never say never lol
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by clek: 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
Op, you should also understand that it's not all about the calories. the carb content you consume at every time is very important to your diet.

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Sphilip1(m): 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
No Nigerian food that gives six packs? I need it
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by justmenoni: 4:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
Beer and sugar na...LOL u tot I was abusing u..ney I was just concerned about beer and sugar ni o

HateU2:
imagine what undecided
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
justmenoni:
Beer and sugar na...LOL u tot I was abusing u..ney I was just concerned about beer and sugar ni o

Lol. Okay, noted

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by dmcdad: 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
ladyF:
Lol so are you calling me a LIAR?? grin
Did I? cheesy
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by dmcdad: 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
Sphilip1:
No Nigerian food that gives six packs? I need it
There is! Na wa to you ooooo. You no know?

1 Like

Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by professore(m): 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
justmenoni:
Professor try cotonu (abi na bene) Garri and thank me later.

Mmm though the garri may be clean,it will definitely affect the eyes if taken in excess,my countryman thanks anyway
Re: How I Keep My Tummy Flat On A Nigerian Diet by justmenoni: 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
E sejo ooo but then no be everyday person suppose take garri true true ooo..i take it maximum once a week.

professore:

Mmm though the garri may be clean,it will definitely affect the eyes if taken in excess,my countryman thanks anyway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Solution For Stretch Marks / When A Female Wears A Ring On Her Thumb Or Index Finger / Have You Tried Hair Wonder Natural hair oil on Your Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.