Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm (22173 Views)

When / How Do We Receive The Holy Spirit? / Pastors/ Mansions In Heaven................?? / Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by cutebobo(m): 9:45am On Feb 14, 2016
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 14, 2016
grin grin
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by afroxyz: 9:53am On Feb 14, 2016
Jesus is not coming. You people should stop deceiving yourselves

4 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by agora4now: 9:55am On Feb 14, 2016
If we as Christians believe we will be given mansions and precious stones in heaven then we are no different from the Muslim extremists who believe they will receive 72 virgins in heaven.

5 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by bxcode(m): 9:57am On Feb 14, 2016
dalaman:

It is very simple, if the bible is the word of an all powerful God that exist as the christians want us to believe, then the bible will be very clear and easy to understand like the multiplication table. Any body that reads it will understand it and it's message will be universally understood like the multiplication table. The fact that the bible is not clear and subject to various interpretations that are based purely on the opinions of the reader says it is the handiwork of men just like any other book.
The bible dosent communicate common sense, the bible is not meant to be universally accepted and redundant like multiplication table, the bible is God's word and communicates spirit, and Jesus rightly puts it thus: The words that I speak to you are spirit and alive. You can't understand the bible the way you understand your text book using your brains or by argument and so on. You need the holy spirit who is the custodians of the secret things of God to reveal them to you. Read the bible all you want but without the holy spirit, it won't make sense to you.

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by dazzlingd(m): 10:01am On Feb 14, 2016
Some believe mansions await them others believe virgins await them...

We know only to the best of our imaginations

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by freecocoa(f): 10:03am On Feb 14, 2016
Jonsing.

Just see Una lives.tongue
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:05am On Feb 14, 2016
dazzlingd:
Some believe mansions await them others believe virgins await them...

We know only to the best of our imaginations

You obviously didn't read the article
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by postmann: 10:05am On Feb 14, 2016
dalaman:
Confusion galore. This is my problem with all religions, just yesterday I saw some muslims on TV debating about what God really meant by a verse in the Koran. In christianity the confusion is much worse. If the bible is the word of a God that truly wants people to know him, his intention and his message then why didn’t such a God cause the bible to be written in a language that can never be misinterpreted, or forged by any human being, a language that does not need any holy man to translate it for people, a language that even a child in any country can read it on his own and quickly comprehend it?

The multiplication table can’t be forged, or tampered with without someone quickly spotting the flaw, any child anywhere in the world can comprehend this table in a few hours, yet the same can’t be said about the bible/quran that is said to be God’s word for mankind on how to know him and interact with him. If man with his puny brain could devise such an accurate system as the multiplication table, that is beneficial to entire world and every human on earth can agree to this system, then surely the alleged supreme being that created the universe can do much better than these antiquated books of lies, contradictions, superstitions, and myth that we call the bible and quran. See christians here falling over themselves trying to explain to each other what ancient Jewish mythology is all about. Funny people.

That's why I'm less active on Christian topics. They leave out the grain and focus on chaff, thereby bringing to ridicule the works and intension of GOD.

Christians open themselves up to debate, trying to prove what doesn't really matter in our earthly sojourn.

Love, peace, repentance, forgiveness and fear of the LORD is the grain, all others can wait till when the time is ripe.
Like Apostle Paul said, we only know in part, but face to face we will see and know everything.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by Kirinwa: 10:08am On Feb 14, 2016
Yes am gonna get me my mansions in heaven. Far better than Psquare, Wizkid, Davido, C Ronaldo, Dangote, Bill gate dem mansions.

#singing
When I get to heaven I know who I will see, I will see my darling Jesus, I will sing Hallelujah, Amen!
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by dazzlingd(m): 10:09am On Feb 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You obviously didn't read the article
may u point out how I misread the article from my comment
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by icybeth(m): 10:09am On Feb 14, 2016
Pls op compare matt5:3,5 and rev 14:1-3 and 7:9. U wil find out there are two pradises i.e heaven and earth.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by 9jatatafo(m): 10:10am On Feb 14, 2016
Earth is the place of mankind not the heaven above. Remember blessed are those that..... For they shall inherit the earth
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by Dekatron(m): 10:14am On Feb 14, 2016
If not because of mansion, and gold. . . You lot would worship your god?

The secret of religion :- Hope and Fear. (I love this saying). Fear == hell, Hope== heaven/gold

4 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by Dekatron(m): 10:17am On Feb 14, 2016
Kirinwa:
Yes am gonna get me my mansions in heaven. Far better than Psquare, Wizkid, Davido, C Ronaldo, Dangote, Bill gate dem mansions.

#singing
When I get to heaven I know who I will see, I will see my darling Jesus, I will sing Hallelujah, Amen!

see this one sad sad sad

You self want mansion Get your arse up & work hard!! No mansion after death, hommie. Don't let any con man scam you.

cc hahn, ichommy, UncleSnr

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by Malakh: 10:17am On Feb 14, 2016
y do you xtians dabble for what was written for the Hebrew Israelite nation.Only way you come into those mansions is thru the gates of the 12 tribes of Israel,there's no Gentile gate,No xtain gate, no Catholics gate, just the Hebrew Israelite nation.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:34am On Feb 14, 2016
Oh Booo-freaking-hooo!!! undecided
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by Analysiscorner: 10:36am On Feb 14, 2016
sukkot:
now the KJV version of the bible is divinely inspired and I can emphatically tell you that it is the only version that reflects the hebrew and greek scrolls from which it was transliterated. so based on that I will use the KJV. in the KJV it says ' In my Father's house are many mansions ' . Now with the bible it is EXTREMELY important to go into the etymology of words because the bible was written when words dont necessarily mean what they mean today. the meaning of some words have transformed with time. so looking at the etymology of MANSION, in ancient greek and persian and latin ( two empires reigning when the bulk of the bible was written ), the word MANSION means ' TO REMAIN '. so basically when he says in my fathers house there are many mansions he is saying all those who are chosen into heaven will remain there and will never be kicked out again. to further back this up I will go into the book of revelation 3 vs 12

revelation 3 vs 12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: <<<< SO IF YOU OVERCOME AND ARE CHOSEN, YOU WILL NO LONGER GO OUT, MEANING YOU WILL REMAIN, WHICH IS WHAT MANSION MEANS

HOWEVER IF YOUR CONCERN IS ABOUT THE RICHES THAT THOSE WHO MAKE IT WILL GET, YES THEY WILL RECEIVE THE RICHES OF THE WORLD, GOLD AND SILVER AND THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD WILL PAY TITHES ( ITS CALLED TRIBUTARY ) TO THOSE WHO MAKE IT. SO YES THERE WILL BE PHYSICAL RICHES ALSO ( AND I CAN PROVE THAT TOO WITH THE BIBLE ), HOWEVER THE VERSE ABOUT THE MANSION IS NOT REFERRING TO A PHYSICAL HOUSE. IT MEANS ONCE YOU MAKE IT - YOU REMAIN IN THE FOLD FOREVER
After the resurrection, people would still be eating and drinking and would still enjoy palacial privileges. Remember he is the king of kings. He created all the precious stones and the like. He promised those who would suffer with him would reign with him. There are beautiful physical houses to be inhabited in the new world where the Lord Jesus would reign.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:38am On Feb 14, 2016
dalaman:

It is very simple, if the bible is the word of an all powerful God that exist as the christians want us to believe, then the bible will be very clear and easy to understand like the multiplication table. Any body that reads it will understand it and it's message will be universally understood like the multiplication table. The fact that the bible is not clear and subject to various interpretations that are based purely on the opinions of the reader says it is the handiwork of men just like any other book.

The inspired written word of God "The Bible" is life in itself.. It is our mortal compass.. Its has no contradictions whatsoever

The problem is not with God or the Bible.. The problem is with the human understanding and perspective
Seek the Holy Spirit which is our Teacher.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by Defcon1(m): 10:40am On Feb 14, 2016
[/quote]
Who really cares whether there will be mansions or not.
As long as you are forever in God's presence, nothing else should matter.

However, l am more interested in whether we go to our eternal reward immediately after death, or we "sleep" until the last judgement.

Your opinion, please.
Thanks.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by NPComplete: 10:43am On Feb 14, 2016
dalaman:

Or better still, God would have hardwired it into our brains before we are birthed into this earth. So that knowing His word would be instinctive, as much as feeding is, instead of the myriad doctrines we are being force-fed by different churches and pastors who coincidentally all claim to have the same Holy Spirit working in them.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by 4watever: 10:49am On Feb 14, 2016
The beauty of Christianity is that in the presence of God, there's liberty. There's freedom to debate, freedom to research, freedom to pursue knowledge.

Somethings are revealed by God, others are meant to be discovered by us.

Though revelation by God is much more preferable but Bible says it's the glory of God to conceal a matter but the honour of princes to search it out

The uniqueness of Christ is that he did away with the curse of sin and death and we are made/live right by Grace.

The important is to seek to know God with all your heart and you will find him
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by ichommy(m): 10:53am On Feb 14, 2016
Dekatron:

see this one sad sad sad

You self want mansion Get your arse up & work hard!! No mansion after death, hommie. Don't let any con man scam you.

cc hahn, ichommy, UncleSnr

You dey mind am. Brainwash everywhere.

Imagine, Mansion better than Ronaldo etc.

CC: Kirinwa
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by actoor(m): 10:59am On Feb 14, 2016
Christlike till I Die cool
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by Wolfbrother(m): 11:00am On Feb 14, 2016
sukkot:
[b]
HOWEVER IF YOUR CONCERN IS ABOUT THE RICHES THAT THOSE WHO MAKE IT WILL GET, YES THEY WILL RECEIVE THE RICHES OF THE WORLD, GOLD AND SILVER AND THE NATIONS OF THE hi WILL PAY TITHES ( ITS CALLED TRIBUTARY ) TO THOSE WHO MAKE IT. SO YES THERE WILL BE PHYSICAL RICHES ALSO ( AND I CAN PROVE THAT TOO WITH THE BIBLE ), HOWEVER THE VERSE ABOUT THE MANSION IS NOT REFERRING TO A PHYSICAL HOUSE. IT MEANS ONCE YOU MAKE IT - YOU REMAIN IN THE FOLD FOREVER

Money and riches are man made concepts, what will you be doing with gold and silver in heaven?
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by herald9: 11:17am On Feb 14, 2016
New Jerusalem ko, New York ni tongue

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by abdulwastecx(m): 11:34am On Feb 14, 2016
afroxyz:
Jesus is not coming. You people should stop deceiving yourselves

My only problem with all these mansion is the congestion they will cause in the said heaven ( a mythical sky city) with billions if not trillions of Christians.

What do you now do in these mansions?
Who will maintain them, pent them regularly?
How will you now relate with others if everyone in heaven lives in one mighty Palace o sorry mansion for ever.

The problem with heaven is that it was propagated thousands of years ago when men were living like animal, with poor standard of living and bad environment. Now we have sophisticated technology, the premier League and so many things that you will not get in those heaven.

Life will be super boring in a big mansion heaven where you eat and sleep for eternity

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by uzolexis(f): 11:36am On Feb 14, 2016
postmann:

That's why I'm less active on Christian topics. They leave out the grain and focus on chaff, thereby bringing to ridicule the works and intension of GOD.

Christians open themselves up to debate, trying to prove what doesn't really matter in our earthly sojourn.

Love, peace, repentance, forgiveness and fear of the LORD is the grain, all others can wait till when the time is ripe.
Like Apostle Paul said, we only know in part, but face to face we will see and know everything.

most reasonable comment here.
Do what is right, love, forgive, be kind and every other thing will fall in place.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by dalaman: 11:45am On Feb 14, 2016
selfmadeOLX:

The inspired written word of God "The Bible" is life in itself.. It is our mortal compass.. Its has no contradictions whatsoever

The problem is not with God or the Bible.. The problem is with the human understanding and perspective
Seek the Holy Spirit which is our Teacher.

The bible is one of the most contradictory book around. All the various sect with in christianity all lay claims to the holy spirit don't they?

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 14, 2016
even with this analysis i have read,some xtians will stil argue ova it.by the way the OP is talking 4rm the angle of Jehovah witnesses belief.most nl xtians dnt blieve in new earth,they bliv in d heaven outta space.
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by AreaFada2: 11:49am On Feb 14, 2016
Nor be only mansion, na a whole Amen Estate you go get. Plus a bevvy of countless unclad babes of various shapes, genuine hair, sizes and non-Alao-Akalalised complexion. grin cheesy

People really have an ephemeral view of heaven.

Others say na teenage virgins dey wait for them there.

Earthlings are really a weird lot. grin cheesy
Re: Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm by MuttleyLaff: 11:53am On Feb 14, 2016
cc KingEbukasBlog, malvisguy212, Scholar8200, Image123

"mansions", this is a very interesting one.
The mention of "rooms/mansions/resting-places/homes/dwelling places/abodes/lodgings" only came about when Jesus responded to question(s) asked by the disciples about where He was going

The disciples being familiar with this ''groom preparing place for bride'' Jewish customs, related to it easily without thinking its a brain-teaser

Preparing a place for the bride, by the groom, in a large area of land in the parts owned by the male head of a family
actually has to do with a Jewish custom prevalent in just before, around and maybe a bit after Jesus' time.

I am not sure if the practice is still done in Israel at all or whether still now it is continued with present day Jews

The groom, in Jesus' times, before any wedding announcement or date fix, is expected to prepare or build an extension in his father's estate (i.e. father's large area of land)
The add-on building extension (i.e. rooms/mansions/resting-places/homes/dwelling places/abodes/lodgings) serves to accomodate the intended bride.

The wedding does not take place until when the groom's father is satisfied with the progress and work done by the groom in preparing the extension or building the add-on building extension (i.e. ''mansion'')

In My Father's house are many rooms/mansions/resting-places/homes/dwelling places/abodes/lodgings.
If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
- John 14:2

"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen,
not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself.
Only the Father knows

- Mark 13:32

It is not for the biblical times Jewish son to know the date fixed for the wedding.
It is the father, after father is content that the groom has satisfactorily and up to the father's standards has completely prepared the place for the bride, that the father decides the date of the wedding

That is the correlation between John 14:2 and Mark 13:32, and how Jesus came about the mentioning this old biblical times Jewish custom to explain that He doesnt know the time, He is only and merely going to prepare a place on the large area owned by the Father, and further saying in Mark 13:32 that, it is the Father who determines or has the last say on the wedding date
Only the Father determines or knows the D-Day (i.e. the designated day)

And to those who had been selling doves he said:
“Take these things out of here, and do not make my Father's house a house of trade.”

- John 2:16

Diverging a bit here, compare John 14:2 with John 2:16 above for a moment, to note that how ''Father's house'' is used in both verses and elsewhere has two or more different meanings
The former in John 14:2, is as in like a sovereign, kingdom or government,
whilst the latter in John 2:16 can be signified as an embassy/high Commissions/consulate/diplomat's building

If the Kingdom of Heaven extends or stretches beyond Heaven itself,
then it's easy to recognise or find out that, from wherever one is standing, Heaven (i.e. its sovereign, kingdom or government) goes further or is more than, as far as the eye sees

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name / Ever Had A Close Shave With Death? / Does Adeboye Now Believe In Canonization Of Saints?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.