Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye (39309 Views)

APC Senators' Truce Talks Upset Saraki’s Alliance With PDP. / FLASH BACK :why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Senator Adefuye / Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by diadem10: 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s] buhahahahahahahahahahahahaha. This guy is madt i swear!. How did this make me one Igbo?. Use google and find that. Am nat gonna engage you anymore. I know that was what you were referring to. Like i said earlier, ask NDPFV.am done with u!
Tell that to your fellow losers not me!
What a clown and a liar!

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by meccuno: 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
His comment if true is not welcomed at this time...that said,that his his opinion.in my humble opinion I belive yorubas will work with anyone,that is why it is only yoruba in the three major regions that has the highest number of inter-regional marriages
and where did you get that analysis from? Atiku married and igbo woman,babangida too,p square married yoruba,even your actor desmond elliot has igbo blood.!! I have friends who are yoruba and married igbo......even yemi alades mum is igbo!! Gowon had an igbo wife,sound sultan married igbo......I just stated this facts for you to know how many igbos that cut across divide to marry from different tribes!! Yorubas do not supersede the igbos in this!! On my street presently I have an igbo woman marrying a yoruba......igbos are more liberal in that aspect.....
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by AminuRano87(m): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
Aufbauh:
The truth is that apart from the religious intolerance of the hausa-fulani, they are the best allies anyone can have.
Very simple and straightforward people, their words are usually their bonds. They hardly betray your trust and not given to vain blabbing and treachery.
Even when they head any business or institution, their simplicity and generosity reflect downward, that is why i prefer them in leadership positions if they are qualified.
That is the Truth back to back
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by HiddenShadow: 3:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
loopman:

That is Ibo national anthem.
However the title of the greatest coward in the history of Nigeria goes to a certain warlord that abandoned his hapless people and fled the war zone to Abidjan.
You need to listen to how Gowon described Ojucrook

What of the one that committed suicide . ? grin
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by HiddenShadow: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
mercyville:
The laugh is on you losers and the effeminate General Ojukwu who fled when he heard that Adekunle THE SCORPION was coming.Yorubas are trusted,tested and guaranteed.Go and ask your granpa grin

Did Awo commit suicide.?
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by HiddenShadow: 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
diadem10:

Because it was Yoruba that invaded Ore and the midwestern after promising not to invade neutral areas in their fight with the North?
The joke is on you shameless ibo!

The weapons dumped in the North, passed through the sky.
Your region was a supply route that deserves to be invaded to cut off the supply route.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by meccuno: 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
huptin:

Well you might call it what you wish' but the children of Oduduwa realized that the English had a more sophisticated technology to theirs and instead of stubbornly resisting them, they welcomed them with the intention of benefiting from the relationship. Perhaps that's what made Lagos to be a thousand years ahead of other states, as for southern solidarity, you people should have considered that' when Yoruba's went on the streets of Abuja to protest against the cabal holding GEJ hostage and eventually helping to install him albeit illegally as the president and when this same Yoruba's massively voted him in 2011 despite the fact that a Yoruba man was the vice presidential candidate to Buhari, yet at a point no Yoruba man was considered good enough by GEj to be in top 25 positions of his cabinet, if GEJ had really performed well may be the Yoruba's would not have minded' but here was someone who met billions of dollars in saving with oil selling above $100, yet he could save or invest in critical infrastructure, yet u want Yoruba to vote for him because of southern solidarity' no sir we don't roll like that, every relationship should be symbiotic.
lagos state is not 1000 years ahead of other states.....lagos benefited from its access to the sea which made the british to make it an entity on its own because the british lay very high premium on areas closest to the sea......abuja is an example of what oil money can do to a state!! If abuja had access to the sea, it would have over taken lagos as the best in Nigeria........lastly, taken down Gej had nothing to do with corruption but tribalism......they believed he didn't serve the interest of the yorubas that's all.....if they where so moraly upright, why did the yorubas not take out Obasanjo when we all know that he had a very corrupt government??
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
meccuno:
and where did you get that analysis from? Atiku married and igbo woman,babangida too,p square married yoruba,even your actor desmond elliot has igbo blood.!! I have friends who are yoruba and married igbo......even yemi alades mum is igbo!! Gowon had an igbo wife,sound sultan married igbo......I just stated this facts for you to know how many igbos that cut across divide to marry from different tribes!! Yorubas do not supersede the igbos in this!! On my street presently I have an igbo woman marrying a yoruba......igbos are more liberal in that aspect.....
dont mind dose hypocrites,dey keep runing 4rm dia ugly race to marry igbos under d guife of one nigeria ,wen actually der's nt an atom unity n d country.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by HiddenShadow: 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
diadem10:

Which of your stup!d Ojukwu released Awolowo from prison? Ibo and lies, very synonymous!
Only an ibo man would say Ojukwu released Awolowo from prison when Gowon did! Pray tell what power do Ojukwu have top release a federal prisoner that immediately became Gowon Finance minister as soon as he was released! Ibo and dullness! Smh, too much akpu!
How do you defend Zik forming ally with the North (balewa) precisely to subjugate their fellow southern in the 60's? How about the Ekwueme and Shagari ally in 80's? Or ibos and Tofa's ally in the 90's over their fellow southern?
The joke is on you ibo losers!

Your illiteracy is first class. Did Ojukwu recognize Gowon.? To Ojukwu, Gowon broke military procedure of leadership by rank.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
meccuno:
lagos state is not 1000 years ahead of other states.....lagos benefited from its access to the sea which made the british to make it an entity on its own because the british lay very high premium on areas closest to the sea......abuja is an example of what oil money can do to a state!! If abuja had access to the sea, it would have over taken lagos as the best in Nigeria........lastly, taken down Gej had nothing to do with corruption but tribalism......they believed he didn't serve the interest of the yorubas that's all.....if they where so moraly upright, why did the yorubas not take out Obasanjo when we all know that he had a very corrupt government??
tell them.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by HiddenShadow: 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
meccuno:
tooco:
tell them.

I always ask the hypocritical people that if Jonathan was a Yoruba man, would they have voted against him.?
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
Pheals:
When we continue like this .... Do u expect Nigeria to move ? Move forward to where?

The senator is talking a load of rubbish.

The SW has been in opposition on a continuous basis since 1955. Apart from the 1993 election where the whole country basically voted for Abiola, the North has until now been in alignment with the SE. What changed was that the SE decided to go with the SS and the rest is history.

What happened between 1993 when Nigerians all voted progressive is the impoverishment of the Nigerian voter and the sharp divide along religious and ethnic lines. It will take a lot for this to change because politicians generally prefer the masses divided. I take your point. It's sad.

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by loopman: 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
HiddenShadow:

What of the one that committed suicide . ? grin

Where is your evidence.? That is the tale told by your forefathers for a feel-good-feeling .The world have the evidence of your hero running off. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by loopman: 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ibo leaders are cowards. They dare no reply Adefuye.
They will encourage and allow their youths to reply with insults on anonymous Internet forums like Nairaland grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by babyfaceafrica: 4:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
meccuno:
you mean imo ladies?cos imo indigenes are liberal.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by mercyville: 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Did Awo commit suicide.?
Go and ask your granpa grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by gunuvi(m): 4:28pm On Feb 14, 2016
Firefire:

Ki lo kan mi pelu ija eleya meya yin ?

'Madosime' - Mi osi nle jare.

Cc:

Gunuvi
leave those myopically self induced foools. They are the ones we calll vayuuu in my language.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by huptin(m): 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
meccuno:

With all due respect sir, Obasanjo was corrupt, but he met just about $5bn in the forex reserves, with a national debt of over $38bn, but by the time he left the scene, he had paid off the debts and left about $45bn in foreign reserve and and $22bn dollars in excess crude account and guess what? The highest oil price during his tenure was just $75 with the Niger Delta crisis.

Now compare him with GEJ, he met a relatively bouyant economy, with good foreign reserves and almost all debts paid, oil was selling at $147 with the Nigerdelta crisis almost non existent, he left about $2bn in excess crude account and increased the nation,s debt, foreign reserve was down to about $30bn with pretty little to show.

If you consider the above scenarios very well, you will understand why the Yoruba's voted him out. Every Ex Nigerian head of state had been corrupt but some learnt to chop and remain, in Gej,s case, he pretty much ate the nation to the ground. In fact his finance minister had to borrow money to pay march and April 2015 salaries.

7 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by meccuno: 4:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
huptin:

With all due respect sir, Obasanjo was corrupt, but he met just about $5bn in the forex reserves, with a national debt of over $38bn, but by the time he left the scene, he had paid off the debts and left about $45bn in foreign reserve and and $22bn dollars in excess crude account and guess what? The highest oil price during his tenure was just $75 with the Niger Delta crisis.

Now compare him with GEJ, he met a relatively bouyant economy, with good foreign reserves and almost all debts paid, oil was selling at $147 with the Nigerdelta crisis almost non existent, he left about $2bn in excess crude account and increased the nation,s debt, foreign reserve was down to about $30bn with pretty little to show.

If you consider the above scenarios very well, you will understand why the Yoruba's voted him out. Every Ex Nigerian head of state had been corrupt but some learnt to chop and remain, in Gej,s case, he pretty much ate the nation to the ground. In fact his finance minister had to borrow money to pay march and April 2015 salaries.
with all due respect sir, a thief is a thief!! There are no special thieves.....if you steal, you go to jail.....no body is above the law!!
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by lionshare: 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
meccuno:
with all due respect sir, a thief is a thief!! There are no special thieves.....if you steal, you go to jail.....no body is above the law!!
if you call obj a thief...then you need to look for another adjective to qualify GEJ

5 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by EteEdoho: 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
[s]
diadem10:
Tell that to your fellow losers not me! What a clown and a liar!
[/s] Iwo mfo ifo nno. Mtchww!
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by huptin(m): 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
meccuno:

I totally agree with you, but in fact neither GEJ nor Obj has gone to jail, the difference BTW them? One left the country far better than he met it, while the other left it far worse than he met it, despite having greater resources.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by lionshare: 5:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
HiddenShadow:

I always ask the hypocritical people that if Jonathan was a Yoruba man, would they have voted against him.?

Lol! Go ask OBJ...btw Google is your friend
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by loopman: 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
HiddenShadow:

The weapons dumped in the North, passed through the sky.
Your region was a supply route that deserves to be invaded to cut off the supply route.

So bombing cinema houses and markets is your response of cutting supply route?. You Ibos out of envy have always desire to destroy lagos.
You deserved all the calamities you suffered for this your reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by ATERI(m): 5:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
greenpasture:

The senator is talking a load of rubbish.

The SW has been in opposition on a continuous basis since 1955. Apart from the 1993 election where the whole country basically voted for Abiola, the North has until now been in alignment with the SE. What changed was that the SE decided to go with the SS and the rest is history.

What happened between 1993 when Nigerians all voted progressive is the impoverishment of the Nigerian voter and the sharp divide along religious and ethnic lines. It will take a lot for this to change because politicians generally prefer the masses divided. I take your point. It's sad.

Top marks. God bless
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by 1after: 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
Stingman:

Is that all your brain could remember from the whole post?

Maybe you should go format your brain or order for a new one at Jumai, so you can stop spewing trash.

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by paschu: 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
Aufbauh:

Everybody dey against una. Haba!
Can't you people reflect on why everyone is against una. Is there anything we are doing wrongly? And don't bring on your anthem of 'Envy' by all, because even the powerful industrious nation the USA does not get this backlash.

Aside Isreal, Canada and UK which other country is so outlandishly pro USA?
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Danpotter(m): 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nigeria is nothing but of European making, we have country in the Oyo empire (modern Yoruba and close minorities) and caliphates in the north which can merge as 1, and the east do same. Nigeria splitting won't foster much hate if done with bureaucracy, we have good rapour with Ghana and the rest of them. But Nigeria really needs to split a nation is made of people with close cultural practices, not Nigeria, u imagine 3 super African tribes in 1.let's stop all this desites please

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by 1after: 5:33pm On Feb 14, 2016
cybernaut:

why i don't do much argue wit myoptic pple is no southwest is better dan anambra expect lagos?pls 4get sentiment.most sea port at ph,warri and calabar pls are dia working expect lagos sea port due 2 premature politics.

Jesus! What is this? Lmaoo @ premature politics, na aborted politics.

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Ofemannnu: 5:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
vigasimple:

The problem is that with politics and leadership, the Fulani are never qualified except their BORN TO RULE
mentality. They are using religion to deceive the Hausa's and other tribes in the North. In the South, they stir discontent between Yoruba's and Igbo's.

You can trust a Fulani man with anything BUT NOT political power. They are simply not able. That is what you are getting with Buhari. He has a 'supremecist' but utterly clueless on how a country is lead in 21st century and refused to learn.
Gbam
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2016
Friday how are u
loopman:

Where is your evidence.? That is the tale told by your forefathers for a feel-good-feeling .The world have the evidence of your hero running off. grin
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by stinechykee: 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
diadem10:

Why don't you ask your fellow refugee, Stella Odua on that! She was the one with the contract!
Ibo and dullness, eh!
thesame Stella Odua whom you Yorubas and Housas gang up and accused her of purshasing Armour car just to make sure that she didn't brought international airport in the south East but gues wat,she beat you people hands down by giving the internal Airport contaract to China which is almost completed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Abia Turned Down My Logo Design, Be The Judge (pics) / PDP Signs MOU With 31 Political Parties (Photos) / Maina: EFCC & Prison Officials Clash Over Who Should Detain Ex Pension Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.