Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye (39314 Views)

APC Senators' Truce Talks Upset Saraki’s Alliance With PDP. / FLASH BACK :why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Senator Adefuye / Ade Adefuye Dies (Nigerian Ambassador To U.S) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by sibrahim32: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
yea I can't really phantom wat Nigeria is turning to this day. every body is coming out claiming they are marginalised. God help
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by diadem10: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
HiddenShadow:

The weapons dumped in the North, passed through the sky.
Your region was a supply route that deserves to be invaded to cut off the supply route.
The Biafra men were definitely enroute to Lagos when they raped the Etsako women and attacked their men, attacked Benin et al? Ibos and hypocrisy!
Shameless losers!

6 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by uncleade(m): 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s]Na so epain u reach?. Achililu,you ain't gona gag me!. If my take on the issue is against you,jump it and move on Unam.
nobody asks you which tribe u belong, but I guess u 're an IGBO man who has just finished smoking IGBO.

4 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by ATERI(m): 6:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
Aufbauh:
The truth is that apart from the religious intolerance of the hausa-fulani, they are the best allies anyone can have.
Very simple and straightforward people, their words are usually their bonds. They hardly betray your trust and not given to vain blabbing and treachery.
Even when they head any business or institution, their simplicity and generosity reflect downward, that is why i prefer them in leadership positions if they are qualified.

The North governed Nigeria from 1979 till 1999, right? As of 1979 Nigeria was at the verge of becoming a developed nation, but by 1999 it has become a basket case. The point I`m making is that there is nothing special about the North. The mentally inferior Yoruba and Igbo are very easy to dominate because they are created to be slaves. You can see that the interview that is the talking point here is just confirming that. MKO Abiola sacrificed his life for an ungrateful and undeserving nation. It was Abiola that destroyed the domineering tendencies of the North. Between 1979 and 1999 the Northern power elites stole and looted the treasuries of Nigeria while the underprivileged Northerners remained terribly poor. The Northern elites used to say openly that it was their right to govern simply because they produced nothing in the North. It got to a stage during this period when you only stood a chance of being anything in Nigeria if you are either Hausa or a muslim.
I can see you mentioned the new generation Notherners like Ribadu and Rufai. A quick reminder that they hit the limelight under a Yoruba president. Yar`dua actually tried to kill El Rufai. Common with the core North was the tendency to frustrate good leaders among them. If you were good and educated you could never emerge from the North as a leader and they made sure that practice took hold all over Nigeria. Today the North should be apologising for the mess we have in Nigeria but for the fact that Obasanjo and Jonathan have created a mess of their own
So when we talk leadership, let`s see it on individual basis not on the basis of ethnic nationality.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by diadem10: 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Your illiteracy is first class. Did Ojukwu recognize Gowon.? To Ojukwu, Gowon broke military procedure of leadership by rank.
See ibo dullness!
How does this have business with who has the federal power to release a federal prisoner?
How does this negate the fact that Awolowo was flied to Gowon's house as soon as he was released!
Yeye folks!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by MISSNORA(f): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
Mynd44:
These old men and their inability to be diplomatic.
Buh rili u knw u r a tribalist.Try being neutral as a moderator.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by ikeg7416: 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
It's hilarious the obsession yoloba have for Igbo. I've never seen a tribe as highly fixated on another like those animals from South West.

I've yet, honestly I've yet to read an interview from an Igbo politicians, celebrities or even a nobody that's talked about yoloba. Not oncem. Heck I bet if we can understand animals, the goats, dogs, chicken, etc in Holland won't even be taking about the goats, dogs, chickens in South West. The same cannot be said about yoloba. I've lost count the amount of attention seeking interview this useless, miserable animals have done where they didn't speak about Igbo. I swear the obsession is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by ikeg7416: 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
diadem10:

The Biafra men were definitely enroute to Lagos when they raped the Etsako women and attacked their men, attacked Benin et al? Ibos and hypocrisy!
Shameless losers!

Provide evidence. I'll wait before knocking your head flat put with facts.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by ikeg7416: 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
lionshare:
if you call obj a thief...then you need to look for another adjective to qualify GEJ

GEJ and OBJ are not even on the same level.

Obasanjo is a thief. In fact najproty of yoloba leaders are all THIEVES.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by diadem10: 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s] Iwo mfo ifo nno. Mtchww!
What a loser! You can only fool your fellow clowns!
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
ikeg7416:
It's hilarious the obsession yoloba have for Igbo. I've never seen a tribe as highly fixated on another like those animals from South West.

I've yet, honestly I've yet to read an interview from an Igbo politicians, celebrities or even a nobody that's talked about yoloba. Not oncem. Heck I bet if we can understand animals, the goats, dogs, chicken, etc in Holland won't even be taking about the goats, dogs, chickens in South West. The same cannot be said about yoloba. I've lost count the amount of attention seeking interview this useless, miserable animals have done where they didn't speak about Igbo. I swear the obsession is ridiculous.

Another gala boy jumps in with his off-point copy and paste grin You don't even read it before pasting it.Maaan you romanis need to take it slow.Y'all make it too obvious grin grin The topic is about a Yoruba man who said Yorubas prefer alliance with the North but as a typical Akpu boy who desperately wants to raise his grain-sized self-esteem, you're telling us they have obsession with you.Where's the obsession?

The same obsession that made one of their kings whip your asses in Akure grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by EteEdoho: 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
[s]
uncleade:

nobody asks you which tribe u belong, but I guess u 're an IGBO man who has just finished smoking IGBO.
[/s] I rather go bananas, than hide under any tribe to air my view. Am not a coward. Learn to swallow peoples opinion that does not favour you and move on.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
I wonder why these red mud kids have their seminal fluids all over the thread.Now the whole thread is wet.Una just pack the matter on top head like gala.If he had said Yorubas prefer alliance with Ebow, y'all would have w.an.ked.Now he said Hausas, why dangle your d!cks again

5 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by EteEdoho: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
[s]
diadem10:
What a loser! You can only fool your fellow clowns!
[/s]Ika mfo ebot.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by diadem10: 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
ikeg7416:

Provide evidence. I'll wait before knocking your head flat put with facts.
http://deltanewsroom.com/?p=5460

The Biafran forces, who were relatively calm during the first one month of the occupationperiod, became progressively edgy, tightening the various governmental gadgets of societal control.

As the Biafran hostility developed to crisis proportions, the dusk to dawn curfew was further enforced, the Vigilance and Security Councils given additional powers, and the Biafran Army and Militia became more ruthless in their dealings with the civilians.

The civilian collaborators doubled their spying activities to callous dimensions. [45]

The situation drifted for the worse.

Taking the MidWestern refusal to support the secessionist movement as a demonstration of an anti-Ibo and pro-Hausa stance, the Biafrans intensified their search for suspected saboteurs as every set-back on the battle front was invariably blamed on sabotage.

Heavier reprisals followed.

At Abudu, over 300 bodies, including those of children, were found in the Ossiomo river as the Biafrans withdrew. [46]

Similarly, on 20 September 1967, 'there was a mass killing of non-Ibo MidWesterners at Boji-Boji Agbor', and on 23 September, 'non-Ibo speaking MidWesterners were apprehended by rebel soldiers at Asaba, Ibusa and Agbor and taken [in two lorries] to a rubber plantation along Uromi-Agbor road and massacred'.[47]

The more minor cases of rape, extortion, seizure of properties, and other punishments featured abundantly.

For instance, a Warri-based lawyer, E. K. Iseru, testified at the Tribunal that he was stripped naked and detained for three days without food for agitating for the Rivers State, and, when he complained of hunger, he was promptly told: 'there is no food for Hausa friends'. [48]
[Before the war, the Mid West region which was carved out of Western Nigeria in 1963 and was never prominent in the various crises that plagued Nigeria prior to the civil war. However it can be noted that a leader of the coup Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu hailed from the region. The Mid West before the invasion fell into a sort of mediatory role. The Mid West felt a sort of false security in the days leading to the invasion. Two days before the invasion the Commander of the 4 Area Command of the Nigerian Army based in the Mid West Colonel CD Nwanwo had announced that the region was militarily prepared and equipped to repulse any enemy attack.
But it was not understood who the “enemy” was whether it was Biafra or Nigeria. However subsequent events showed that the region was somewhat sympathetic to the Biafra struggle on hearing of the massacre of Southerners up North. Indeed many Mid Westerners had also been affected in the Northern massacre and gave first hand report of what had transpired after escaping down South.
Food items found their way into Biafra from the Mid West despite the call by the Federal Government for a total boycott of the secessionist enclave.
It was also rumoured that Lt Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu and Rtd Gen David Ejoor were meeting secretly to discuss the crisis before and even after the declaration of Biafra.
According to an article by SE Orobator, Ejoor the Governor General of Mid West had admitted that those actions were taken to prevent battle on Benin soil to protect everybody’s interest including the Igbo speaking citizens of the region even though he primarily supported the Federal Government.
It is a fact that before the invasion, the public at large harboured no ill feelings against Biafra or the Ibos in general. The Mid West was not hostile to the Ibo cause.
There were youths who wore T-shirts of Ojukwus portrait with the inscription “on Aburi we stand”.
There was a cordial relationship between Ibo speaking Mid Westerners and other ethnic groups.
All that changed on August 9 1967 with the Biafra invasion of the region.
The Biafra forces led by Brigadier Victor Adebukunola Banjo on 10 August 1967 appealed to the Mid Westerners in a radio station that the area was about to be invaded by Northern troops. This was propaganda.
Biafra was suffering defeats on the front line in the Nsukka axis againt the Federal troops and wanted to prevent the invasion of Enugu by diverting attention, so the military gamble of Ojukwu was to enter the Mid West with a flanking attack which could have taken the Federal Government off guard if Banjo had continued the momentum and surprise element in proceeding past Ore to Lagos the Federal capital. The command by Ojukwu to stop Banjo from proceeding to Lagos may have turned the tide of the war for the Federal Army and changed the momentum. Ojukwu`s invasion of the Mid West may have been a military strategic brilliance to some expert military strategists.
A school of thought in the military lessons of the war asserts that stopping Banjo from going past Ore was Ojukwus blunder. However another school of thought claims that the Biafra Army will be too stretched behind and could be caught off by the Federal Army from behind if they had proceeded with the momentum and surprise through Ibadan to Lagos. Also it was unpredictable how a Yoruba public will react on seeing Biafra invasion soldiers on their soil. If only Ojukwu had read Suntzu`s Art of War which states:
“When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of its momentum. When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing”
Personally in the military strategy of counter strike, I think Ojukwu should have thrown caution to the wind and given Banjo a free hand to proceed on the advantage of a surprise attack. No one was expecting Biafra soldiers in Lagos and this will rattle the Federal Government to withdraw troops against Biafra to defend Lagos and Ibadan. I sense Ojukwu did not trust a Yoruba man to lead his onslaught to Lagos and several key factors like supply and logistics may not have been properly arranged.
If Ojukwu was going to copy Hitlers “Blitzskrig” of invasion of Europe, he just missed it by his hesitation and distrust of Banjo, Ademulegun and Ifeajuna. The invincibility of the British Army at the zenith of the British empire lied not largely on the brilliance of her officers alone but on a free hand given to this officers by the throne to decide initiatives and good judgement on what to do when they have their backs to the wall. But let us leave military strategy to another day.
Simply put, the Federal Government and Mid West Region did not prepare for the August 10th invasion.
I will not go into details of the Banjo`s radio broadcast, but summarily it revealed that Biafra invaded the Mid West to forestall its occupation by Northern troops or any Nigerian troops that could have been less sympathetic to the Biafra cause.
Ojukwu had to strike fast because it was rumoured that the Federal Government was pressurizing Mid West Governor Ejoor to grant Federal troops passage to Biafra but Ejoor refused.
After the invasion, Major Albert Okonkwo was appointed to govern the Mid West by Ojukwu on 17 August. He described the invasion as a temporary administrative arrangement to forestall incursion of Northern troops. There was no truth in the claim because at that time there were no Northern soldiers in the region.
Over 6 thousand Biafran soldiers had crossed the River Niger Bridge into Asaba. At about 3 a.m on August 9 1967 Biafran soldiers led by Banjo entered Asaba. On reaching Agbor, they split up into 3. 18th battalion under Major Humphrey Chukwuka moved in to the oil rich Niger Delta, 13th battalion under Col Mike Inveso towards Auchi and 12th battalion Lt Col Festus Akagha towards Benin city. Benin was captured with little opposition. However the 13th battalion while capturing the towns of Okene and Iloshi started shooting at civilians indiscriminately. Hundreds died. Biafra soldiers met a small unit of Nigeria army and pursued them to the Siluko river were the two sides stood to exchange fire before the Nigerians managed to escape under the cover of darkness.
Unknown to Banjo, Biafran soldiers under Lt Col Oechi attacked the residence of Governor Ejoor on the orders of Ojukwu to capture Ejoor dead or alive. Ejoor`s guards resisted the attack. This resistance gave David Ejoor time to escape and flee to Lagos.
In Lagos, the Ibo army officers in the Mid West were accused of having collaborated with the rebel forces to make the invasion possible. It seemed viable at that time that treachery or a non challant attitude of the Mid West authorities was the reason for the invasion. If the Government had made adequate measures to beef up its defence at Asaba and the outlying border area, perhaps the invasion could have been prevented.
Even after Governor Ejoor had been informed of the invasion of Asaba as it was taking place at 3 a.m by military Area Commander Col Nwanwo, no adequate arrangements were made to offer any resistance whatsoever.
Troops loyal to the Federal Government could not put up any full resistance since majority of them were not armed and the armoury was locked with the keys kept by the officers in charge.
Even though Governor Ejoor had suspected a sort of conspiracy among the military officers in his cabinet, it was now too late to do anything about it.
Ejoor admitted in his press conference in 25 September 1967 that his fault has been too much trust and confidence in his colleagues.
Of the seven senior officers assisting him, six were Ibos, and three of the six were his old friends in Government College. Lt Colonel Okwechime, Lt Col Nwanjei and Lt Col Nzefili. The camaraderie spirit blinded Governor Ejoor to trust his colleagues almost absolutely. However the priorities of his colleagues were quite different.
Ejoor also proclaimed that supporting the Federal side did not compel sacrificing the Igbo speaking Bendel.
Obviously the Igbo officers had exploited the trust and confidence reposed on them by Governor Ejoor and as a result lowered the defences of the Mid West to repel Biafra soldiers.
Was Ejoor guilty of non vigilance? That is left for posterity to judge.
The invasion of the mid west culminated in the breakdown of mutual trust that had existed between the Ibos and non Ibos of the region. The non Ibos did not find it funny and could not fight back because they were not armed.
Secondly the apparent sympathy for Ibo and the Biafra cause which had prevailed amongst the Mid West youth suffered an irreparable dent. The Mid Western youth were not only humiliated but they were upset at the molestation by Biafran soldiers on their women and children.
According to Nwanne W Okafors book titled: Victimization During the Nigerian Civil War: A focus on the Asaba Massacre, during the war military operations were executed by the federal troops to weaken the Biafra soldiers with the main aim to getting them to surrender. In retaliation, the Biafra soldiers, in resisting federal troops fought back by attacking towns that were under the protection on the federal troops. The mass killings of non Igbo speaking people were evident. Raping and extortion, seizure of properties and other forms of inhuman punishment was rampant.
The federal troops were also guilty of rapes, looting and outright brigandry perpetuated on the Igbo speaking people of Asaba. The killing of many civilians in October 1967 in Asaba is well documented.
A vigilance council group was set up shortly after the invasion and was primary concerned with spying on mid western civil servants. Its secretary S Osuh played a prominent role. The council led by Okonkwo met 3 times daily in the ministry of works and transport, Benin City.
The membership drive were not easy because non Ibos and even Ibo speaking citizens of the mid west were no longer willing to cooperate.
There was a road block unit which confiscated food items including goats sheeps and chickens from the citizens. This confiscated items ended up in army barracks in the mid west and Biafra.
The Okonkwo regime was oppressive and each day the sympathy of the Mid Western towards the Biafra cause was dieing at break neck speed.
I will again refer to the Chinese Sunt zu`s Art of War does and donts which military commanders around the world often disregard when invading an area. The Chinese philosopher and Military strategists warns against cruelty against the citizens of the conquered land. Suntzu explains that treating the inhabitants of an invaded land fairly can save the lives of the invading troops and win solidarity to their side.
The Banjo led troops even though they had momentum on their side became oppressive towards the people of the Mid Western region. And so Mid Westerners simply hoped and waited for the arrival of federal troops.
On August 20 a group of Urhobo/Ijaw rebels raided a Biafra camp and were successful at killing about 50 soldiers while 16 rebels were killed. The Biafra Government began broadcasting Biafra propaganda in the region while the Nigerian government did the same. On September 19, Ojukwu declared Governor Okonkwo President of the Republic of Benin in an attempt to make Mid Westerners loyal to a Government other than Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by diadem10: 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
stinechykee:
thesame Stella Odua whom you Yorubas and Housas gang up and accused her of purshasing Armour car just to make sure that she didn't brought international airport in the south East but gues wat,she beat you people hands down by giving the internal Airport contaract to China which is almost completed
Why then is Your fellow useless ibo man accusing Yoruba of not bringing the airport to completion?
Moreso, That Nnamdi Kanu is obviously senile to not know there's is an airport in Enugu for a biafra man like him to use instead of lagos!
Shameless losers!

3 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by billyG(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
More Yoruba prominent sons have been killed and sent to jail by the Hausa-Fulani led governments than any other tribe, what a marriage.
Alliance gbakwa oku.
The Yorubas are more 4given Tribe than d south east,u shldnt keep grudges 4ever after all ye pple drew d 1st blood by killing Balewa,ahmadu Bello,Akintola.

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by diadem10: 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s]Ika mfo ebot.
Ibo clown!

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
diadem10:

Ibo clown!
Olodo repete.

He was not speaking Igbo
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by diadem10: 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
imhotep:

Olodo repete.

He was not speaking Igbo

So?
He outed himself the moment he said part of Akwaibom is an iboland!
Just look at yourself, isn't that highlighted word a Yoruba word and you are ibo?
I repeat he can only fellow ibo losers like you!

2 Likes

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
diadem10:

So?
He outed himself the moment he said part of Akwaibom is an iboland!
Just look at yourself, isn't that highlighted word a Yoruba word and you are ibo?
I repeat he can only fellow ibo losers like you!
~yawns~
Jealousy will make you sick. Beware of jealousy

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Herald47: 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
The north were afraid to align with the igbos because of how ojukwu manipulated gowon at aburi accord,in order words they knew the igbos are very smart unlike the yorubas they have been manipulating from time immemorial i.e afonja,awolowo,abiola,diya and now tinubu.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by meccuno: 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
lionshare:
if you call obj a thief...then you need to look for another adjective to qualify GEJ
as I said earlier, Nigeria doesn't have different prisons for big and small thieves.......all the same.....whatever you want to qualify it with
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Nobody: 12:27am On Feb 15, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s]Ika mfo ebot.
bro stop replying that £unt.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by uncleade(m): 12:36am On Feb 15, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s] I rather go bananas, than hide under any tribe to air my view. Am not a coward. Learn to swallow peoples opinion that does not favour you and move on.
Then u should be an house boy to an igbo man,otherwise I do not see what concern u in this matter. Bleep off. u crazy bald head.

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by EteEdoho: 3:32am On Feb 15, 2016
[s]
uncleade:

Then u should be an house boy to an igbo man,otherwise I do not see what concern u in this matter. Bleep off. u crazy bald head.
[/s] I have every right to air my view on any topic. Deal with it.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Abagworo(m): 7:28am On Feb 15, 2016
ATERI:

Today the North should be apologising for the mess we have in Nigeria but for the fact that Obasanjo and Jonathan have created a mess of their own
So when we talk leadership, let`s see it on individual basis not on the basis of ethnic nationality.

Whatever you write don't mention Obasanjo and Jonathan together. Jonathan achieved virtually nothing. What is his legacy apart from losing woefully after wasting our economy to rig election.

Obasanjo has his flaws but most positive things we have in Nigeria from 1999 today emanated from him. IBB is even better than Jonathan.

Those writing against our past leaders should compare Gowon/Mohammed/Obasanjo regime of 1967 to 1979 with what we achieved between 1999 and 2015 under democracy. Obasanjo's 1999 to 2007 nearly 10years ago was the period we witnessed positive reforms but was ruined by Yar'Adua/Jonathan who ruled us at the peak of oil boom.
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 15, 2016
Abagworo:

Whatever you write don't mention Obasanjo and Jonathan together. Jonathan achieved virtually nothing. What is his legacy apart from losing woefully after wasting our economy to rig election.

Obasanjo has his flaws but most positive things we have in Nigeria from 1999 today emanated from him. IBB is even better than Jonathan.

Those writing against our past leaders should compare Gowon/Mohammed/Obasanjo regime of 1967 to 1979 with what we achieved between 1999 and 2015 under democracy. Obasanjo's 1999 to 2007 nearly 10years ago was the period we witnessed positive reforms but was ruined by Yar'Adua/Jonathan who ruled us at the peak of oil boom.
Under Jonathan ==>

1 Like

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by ATERI(m): 11:55am On Feb 15, 2016
Abagworo:

You will agree with me that, to a very large extent, we are discussing ourselves whenever we discuss others. Our differences might come down to what we value as an individual. I`m going to answer the question you posed because it`s important. The most important legacy of Jonathan is the respect he has and showed for the electoral process. Whether it`s in the UK or US the electoral process is never perfect but what people don`t do is to engage in rigging at an industrial scale. Apart from June 12, the election of 2011 was the closest we have come to having a flawless election, Jonathan was our acting President then, so this 2011 election happened on his watch. Then there is the famous 2015 General Election that removed him from office. Can you mention a single election that Obasanjo ever had anything to do with that was close to being free and fair? Not a single one. From the 70s till this century you can never find an election that he conducted or participated in that was ever clean and respectable.
Another legacy of Jonathan is his respect for opposition, in particular his respect for political opponents. How many political assassinations traceable to Jonathan can we recall during his tenure? Well, God help any political opponents that stand in the way of Gen. Baba

That we can prosecute those that are calling themselves gay and lesbian is down to Jonathan. Him signing that bill into law, protecting our culture and way of life, means a lot to me. It was one of the reasons why he was hated and undermined by the Western terrorists
The way you talk of reform would suggest to me that you are one of those privatisation brigade happy to hand over our economy to the West to the extent that the most important black nation in the world does not have airlines of its own today.
The most important reform Nigeria needs is political but you know what Obasanjo did with the conference he set up to look into this.

I`m going to tell you something today that most Nigerians did not see as a big deal, but which I believe accelerated the devaluation of Nigeria around the world.
In front of the world, most especially the African countries that saw us as the hope of the black race, Obasanjo offered to give refuge to Charles Taylor so that the Liberian civil war could come to an end-that was after Charles Taylor had insisted that he would only go to Nigeria or else he was ready to die in Liberia. Taylor went to Nigeria and the war came to an end. Nigeria was praised all over Africa and around the world. Then our Baba went to the States where he was bullied into rubbishing the promise he made in front of the world to fellow Africans, the rest is history. Honestly, I`m going to find it easier to rate Adolf Hitler higher than Jesus Christ than to say Obasanjo is better than anybody when it comes to the fundamentals of leadership.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Tequilah: 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
ATERI:

The North governed Nigeria from 1979 till 1999, right? As of 1979 Nigeria was at the verge of becoming a developed nation, but by 1999 it has become a basket case. The point I`m making is that there is nothing special about the North. The mentally inferior Yoruba and Igbo are very easy to dominate because they are created to be slaves. You can see that the interview that is the talking point here is just confirming that. MKO Abiola sacrificed his life for an ungrateful and undeserving nation. It was Abiola that destroyed the domineering tendencies of the North. Between 1979 and 1999 the Northern power elites stole and looted the treasuries of Nigeria while the underprivileged Northerners remained terribly poor. The Northern elites used to say openly that it was their right to govern simply because they produced nothing in the North. It got to a stage during this period when you only stood a chance of being anything in Nigeria if you are either Hausa or a muslim.
I can see you mentioned the new generation Notherners like Ribadu and Rufai. A quick reminder that they hit the limelight under a Yoruba president. Yar`dua actually tried to kill El Rufai. Common with the core North was the tendency to frustrate good leaders among them. If you were good and educated you could never emerge from the North as a leader and they made sure that practice took hold all over Nigeria. Today the North should be apologising for the mess we have in Nigeria but for the fact that Obasanjo and Jonathan have created a mess of their own

Haba! This statement you made saying "The mentally inferior Yoruba and Igbo are very easy to dominate because they are created to be slaves, " reeks of prejudice, insensitivity and discrimination. What is mentally inferior about the Yoruba and /Igbo? shocked
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by ATERI(m): 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
Tequilah:

Haba! This statement you made saying "The mentally inferior Yoruba and Igbo are very easy to dominate because they are created to be slaves, " reeks of prejudice, insensitivity and discrimination. What is mentally inferior about the Yoruba and /Igbo? shocked

Feni-Fani Kayode once asked in one of his articles why the black man is disrespected and despised around the world. I think it`s good to have that question in mind as I answer your question. Mo human beings get any respect beyond what his/her character deserves, so blacks are disrespected around the world because the world knows that we are an inconsequential race.
The world we live in today is run and led by the people that have found us out and benefitted from our inferiority.
When the white man came in contact with us, what was the most important thing we did with them after that first contact? Well, the most important thing we did was to trade with them. And what was that trade about? The trade was human trade in which Yoruba and Igbo would round up the poorest among them and labelled them slaves, put them in hand-cuffs and leg-irons and handed them over to the white man. What was the white man paying him in return? He was getting bottles of wine in return for the human beings he was handing over, his own children that he knew white man was going to work to death in far away land. Having worked out how low his IQ was, white man raised the stake and introduced sugar and sugary stuff into the exchange mechanism. Once our ancestors tasted sugar and saw that it was sweet, that would lead to a packet of sugar exchanging for 2 human beings or more. Our ancestors did this for over 300 years. Today, the people that were treated this way are called African-Americans, Afro-Caribbeans etc. Now, look at this scenario and tell me who is the mentally inferior slaves in this equation? It can`t be the poor that was captured by his/her own traditional rulers, political leaders and military generals and betrayed that is unintelligent and mentally inferior, rather it has to be those that were collecting packet of sugar in exchange for their own children. And the white man saw and still see it for what it is, that the black man is so dull and stupid that you need little or no efforts to outwit him.
Now, look at today`s Nigeria and see how Yoruba and Igbo are doing. Again white man easily outwitted him when he fought and accepted pre-independence arrangements that would make him subordinate in his own country. Igbo and Yoruba were always going to be second class citizens in Nigeria after accepting a heavily lopsided political structure prior to independence, cemented by the British advice to the North to flood the Military with their children. The rubbish worked until MKO Abiola and June 12 came into the picture.
From the moment the suicidal war Ojukwu started ended, Hausa/Fulani treated both Yoruba and Igbo as their errand boys if not slaves in Nigeria. And Igbo were very happy with that, supporting Hausa/Fulani all the way. You can see how the hypocritical Igbo were up in arms when a Yoruba man said in an interview that he prefers an alliance with the North. That was precisely what Igbo have been doing since the 70s. Not only that the Igbos are very happy to join the North to destroy democracy in Nigeria, remember Nzeribe`s ABN and what Kanu did for Abacha, but today read the rubbish online from the same Igbo, you will think they arrived Nigeria last year.
Nothing would improve in Nigeria until both Yoruba and Igbo co-operate and bring progressive elements in the North and South-South with them. Hopefully, in my life time, but I`m not optimistic.
By the way, how are you sure I`m not Yoruba or Igbo?
Re: Why Yoruba Prefer Alliance With North – Adefuye by Tequilah: 1:26am On Feb 16, 2016
ATERI:
Feni-Fani Kayode once asked in one of his articles why the black man is disrespected and despised around the world. I think it`s good to have that question in mind as I answer your question. Mo human beings get any respect beyond what his/her character deserves, so blacks are disrespected around the world because the world knows that we are an inconsequential race.
The world we live in today is run and led by the people that have found us out and benefitted from our inferiority.
When the white man came in contact with us, what was the most important thing we did with them after that first contact? Well, the most important thing we did was to trade with them. And what was that trade about? The trade was human trade in which Yoruba and Igbo would round up the poorest among them and labelled them slaves, put them in hand-cuffs and leg-irons and handed them over to the white man. What was the white man paying him in return? He was getting bottles of wine in return for the human beings he was handing over, his own children that he knew white man was going to work to death in far away land. Having worked out how low his IQ was, white man raised the stake and introduced sugar and sugary stuff into the exchange mechanism. Once our ancestors tasted sugar and saw that it was sweet, that would lead to a packet of sugar exchanging for 2 human beings or more. Our ancestors did this for over 300 years. Today, the people that were treated this way are called African-Americans, Afro-Caribbeans etc. Now, look at this scenario and tell me who is the mentally inferior slaves in this equation? It can`t be the poor that was captured by his/her own traditional rulers, political leaders and military generals and betrayed that is unintelligent and mentally inferior, rather it has to be those that were collecting packet of sugar in exchange for their own children. And the white man saw and still see it for what it is, that the black man is so dull and stupid that you need little or no efforts to outwit him.
Now, look at today`s Nigeria and see how Yoruba and Igbo are doing. Again white man easily outwitted him when he fought and accepted pre-independence arrangements that would make him subordinate in his own country. Igbo and Yoruba were always going to be second class citizens in Nigeria after accepting a heavily lopsided political structure prior to independence, cemented by the British advice to the North to flood the Military with their children. The rubbish worked until MKO Abiola and June 12 came into the picture.
From the moment the suicidal war Ojukwu started ended, Hausa/Fulani treated both Yoruba and Igbo as their errand boys if not slaves in Nigeria. And Igbo were very happy with that, supporting Hausa/Fulani all the way. You can see how the hypocritical Igbo were up in arms when a Yoruba man said in an interview that he prefers an alliance with the North. That was precisely what Igbo have been doing since the 70s. Not only that the Igbos are very happy to join the North to destroy democracy in Nigeria, remember Nzeribe`s ABN and what Kanu did for Abacha, but today read the rubbish online from the same Igbo, you will think they arrived Nigeria last year.
Nothing would improve in Nigeria until both Yoruba and Igbo co-operate and bring progressive elements in the North and South-South with them. Hopefully, in my life time, but I`m not optimistic.
By the way, how are you sure I`m not Yoruba or Igbo?

FFK's question is neither here nor there. A lot of people have raised such questions and come up with different answers. Although, none of them have described themselves in such derogatory terms as you have done. True, your treatise made a bit of sense in some parts, but it would have made better sense if you had left the brainwashed rants that white racists condescendingly use to label blacks, out of your long epilogue.

I really don't care if you are Igbo or Yoruba. Anyone who accepts that he comes from 'an inconsequential race', and recycles such remarks obviously suffers from chronic low self-esteem, self-flagellation and has a defeatist mentality. Let me leave you to wallow in it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari As A Military Officer During The Civil War (Throwback Photo) / How Ebubeagu Killed My Seven Brothers In My Presence – Survivor / Better For Your Family To Use You For Money Ritual Than Vote For PDP - Lady Says

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.