Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,547 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit (23478 Views)

Five States Meet Conditions For N90Billion Federal Bailout / States Get Another Bailout To Pay Workers Salaries / “We Are Needing Another Bailout” – Nigerian Governors Declare Bankruptcy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by OkutaNla: 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
@MCMLXXVI: cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by Aromas: 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
petersje8:
Thank God for Lagos. If not, SW and Mogadishu go dey compete. Have u wondered why the most patriot and "one Nigeria" singers are the yorubas? They are fighting with their last blood to blast anything concerning Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu. Imagine with the much noise about Lagos loosing investments to Ogun, still yet, nothing to show for it. Am an advocate of one Nigeria but I always wonder why the yorubas carry the matter for head. Also I thought that there Coacoa and Gold deposits in Osun? Nonsense.
Rauf and previous governors lack the will to extract the minerals in that state. But is a pity that constant central allocation has hinder most of our rulers to think substantial.
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by PRXPERT: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
MCMLXXVI:

I remember that iddiot. His name is "Ikem".
It was during that Rubbin' Minds debate moderated by Ebuka, right?

That Ikem guy na real OKOKO!
I need to troll that morafuka!!!
You're right it was during that rubbin minds debate..
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by MCMLXXVI(m): 7:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
PRXPERT:
I need to troll that morafuka!!!
You're right it was during that rubbin minds debate..

The interesting part is that the guy is now silent ooo.
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
austerity measure is what is required!
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by drss(m): 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2016
as usual most of d comatoes indebted states ar APC states.
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by egee(m): 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hilarious
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by datigbogirl: 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by kenny987(f): 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
There is no need for all these mine is better than yours analyses some posters are putting up here. It is rather time to get your affected state governments to sit up. In fact, campaign for the removal of wicked and incompetent governors who have impoverished their constituents and still want to abdicate their responsibilities by pushing the burden to citizens without any form of innovation.

Focus rather on regional cohesion and advocate confederation so that component units are forced to generate revenue and pay their dues to the centre. This over dependence on the FG with dwindling oil prices is no longer viable.

3 Likes

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by banmee(m): 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
Knowledge9000:
Remove Non yorubas and Multi-Nationals from Lagos, it would be like any other yoruba states.

Lol. . .you are stating the obvious. Lagos is a state filled with smart people. They are smart because of diversity. Why do you think America does visa lottery every year? They want Asians, Africans, Portuguese, European people to come to their country legally to help develop it. They are not tribalistic nor are they s.tupid unlike Nigerians who have let tribalism blind them like it has blinded you. Under normal circumstances, Nigeria should be the greatest country in the world because for some reason, fortune has favored us with enormous natural resources and population. Not just population, but a population filled with diversity. Something many countries lack. Nigerians don't know how to make use use of both because of a phucked up mentality and corruption. There are countries looking at us with envy and wondering how can a people be this useless and hopeless in the midst of plenty. Ever seen a man who inherited billions but spends it whoring and partying? Well, that's an accurate description of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by MCMLXXVI(m): 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2016
PRXPERT:
do you have his SM contact, twitter or facebook. I need to shame that efulefu! He is a disgrace!

Nna mehn, I still dey search Twitter. I'll check "RubbinMinds Osun Model" in the search bar and see if I'll find anything on that Ikem.
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by ndcide(m): 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2016
Osun state worse hit?

we said lets question Aregbeshola as he was blaming GEJ for the problems of his state, Prof Sagay came to his defense. Now they want another bailout. Will he blame Buhari for this as he blamed GEJ?

They should give them another bailout but let it go through the legislature. That's my take.

2 Likes

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
This is a rubbish report and even more nonsensical headline. undecided
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by jaybee3(m): 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2016
Yet some heffers are calling for devaluation whilst conveniently ignoring the inflationary pressures that action will almost certainly bring on to long suffering Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by HomeOfMe(f): 7:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
CCsurplus007:
so these governors cannot come up with some ingenious ways to make money from their states? like a baby they keep waiting for the fg to breastfeed them montly smh . 21st century leaders with paleozoic mentality
The governors have been used to free money;they lack ideas,they're not innovative,they're dull oh my gosh!
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by Kennydoc(m): 7:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
OkutaNla:

It's not as bad as an Oil producing (Imo) state that has gone broke. At least we know how much Osun collects, please how much be Imo own, since Okorocha has come out to tell us the state is broke. Why not address that? At least Imo is in your region.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/imo-is-broke-okorocha/131102.html

But isn't that why Igbos are hating on Rochas? He's the only APC governor in the SE, and has the worst administration currently.

4 Likes

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by aganyi1: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
State governors must come to terms with te realities on ground.if they can't look inward and divulge measures to reduce the burden of government,then I doubt if they were in the first place qualified to rule
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by petersje8: 7:37pm On Feb 14, 2016
OkutaNla:
@MCMLXXVI: cheesy

My dear. We all should be ashamed of ourselves. A state like Osun shld be condemned. If Osun collects N40m monthly and given another bailout, it means he will not have any allocation from FG going forward. We shldnt be tribals here on NL. If we go by the way yorubas carry sophistication this and that for head, then every SW states should be like lagos if it is their own making. But that is not the case. U know wat, even war thorn states are doing better than Osun. Think abt it bro. Borno and Yobe are not worst hit but Osun is. Condemn him bro. As for Rochas, he is a disgrace. I hate and condemn him for messing up my state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by malele(m): 7:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
Proudly anambra, obiano ride on, we dey ur back

1 Like

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by shamecurls(m): 7:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
[s]
Knowledge9000:
Remove Non yorubas and Multi-Nationals from Lagos, it would be like any other yoruba states.
[/s]

False!
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by OkutaNla: 7:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
petersje8:

My dear. We all should be ashamed of ourselves. A state like Osun shld be condemned. If Osun collects N40m monthly and given another bailout, it means he will not have any allocation from FG going forward. We shldnt be tribals here on NL. If we go by the way yorubas carry sophistication this and that for head, then every SW states should be like lagos if it is their own making. But that is not the case. U know wat, even war thorn states are doing better than Osun. Think abt it bro. Borno and Yobe are not worst hit but Osun is. Condemn him bro. As for Rochas, he is a disgrace. I hate and condemn him for messing up my state.

Akuko! I hate Hypocrites like you. You all feasted on this thread to run down the SW while sparing your reginon, until I came to even the scores. Save your sermonette for next sunday service coz I ain't buying your bullshty. It stinks to high heaven.
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
shizzy7:
Not even in your wildest dream.....
Suffering or not, we don't flock around like lost sheeps, we have dignity and majority of us remain in our States and build it.

Its for better or worse, for richer or poorer.

We don't go to other people's place, claim we built it then call it a no man's land..
you are bound to suffer more if you don't stay off our case
last that i checked the no man's land belong to Bini Kingdom
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by Ndolarr: 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nearly all the State Governors are extravagant and wasteful! They engage in white elephants such as needless airports, charter private jets, sponsor pilgrims to holy land, employ retinue of idle aides, corruptly embezzle security votes, lack clear vision and ideas on how to develop their states and travel abroad frequently looking for elusive foreign investors! They are simply prodigal leaders with a mindset to loot their states blind! Nigeria is in trouble with this set of governors. Osun State for instance should harness the tourism potentials of the state to earn handsome income to pay its workers!! Likewise many states sitting on gold mines, but still go cap in hand for bailout from Abuja! Shameful indeed!
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by shamecurls(m): 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
[size=1pt][s]
godoluwa:
By the time APC finished with this country, zombies will be unable to afford buying pant to cover their unclothedness
[/s][/size]
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by Sibrah: 7:54pm On Feb 14, 2016
Where are the blind praisers of Aregbesola? Praising his endless recurrent spendings has led us here
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by tbliss22(m): 7:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
From that write-up its obvious that most state governors don't really understand the task ahead before going for that seat as "state governor".

How long are these states going to be seeking for bail-out funds? I think its very much important now for FEC to sit and think about these states always seeking for bail-out fund. Osun state for instance, what can be done to strengthen her IGR? And so on.

The 18k minimum wage shouldn't really be an issue because if they are to reduce it to 5k some states will still not pay. I believe they (the governors) needs to think out of the box and check out ways to generate internal revenue to sustain them atleast.
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by chinchum(m): 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
Most Nigerians dont realise yet what will hit many states if oil stays @ 20s usd /barrel, in the next 3 months at most, so called oil producing states will not be able to pay salaries. Remember i said it here first, the Obiano many are making noise about will not be able to pay salaries in the next 3 months.

Over 30 of Nigerias 36 states can be called "civil service" states, the governors are out of ideas that can salvage their situation in the short term. What is coming to hit the states in the next few months is scary , this is not about Apc /Pdp bickering.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by Geeflow(m): 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
What bothers me most is that the state been broke saga won't affect the particular governors allowances not to talk of their salaries.
Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
States like Ogun state with all the industries and Abia state with all the business activities going on there should not be requesting for bailout

I assure you, Abia will be great again like Anambra. Anambra, Abia and Ebonyi are getting it. Enugu people need to remove that career politician Ugwuanyi...former house rep member for over 10yrs, and find someone like Chime . Since he came in, its like Enugu just disappeared from SE map...not a single positive news out of Enugu for almost a yr now. Very disappointing as someone that calls Enugu his second home. Beautiful State! As for Imo, why they failed to elect a visionary leader like APGA Capt. Ihenacho amazes me. This is a man that thinks like Obiano and a good friend of Obiano too. If we can fix Enugu and Imo, SE will be on fire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit by love23a: 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
State can not access money from oil. It as to go through normal Channels

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What I Said About Igbo Presidency – Obasanjo / Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court / Army Board Of Inquiry Tried Capt. Koli For Exposing Ekiti Rigging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.