Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria (2133 Views)

Nigeria Government Deports 414 Illegal Immigrants / Spanish Government Deports 23 Nigerians / Canadian Government Rejects Kaduna Airport, Warns Citizens Against Using It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by nirvana12: 7:46am On Feb 15, 2016
In spite of a loud outcry, Winifred Agimelen and her three children have been sent back to Nigeria after living in Montreal for six years.
The Canadian government deportation of Winifred Agimelen and her three children to Nigeria Sunday night hit a temporary snag, as it turned out that the mother did not have a necessary Nigerian visa for her third child, who is Canadian.
In spite of the visa issue, the family of four boarded a plane out of Montreal. Agimelen’s current husband is a landed immigrant who lives here, but he does not have official custody rights for the Canadian child.
Protesters are decrying the forced deportation, as the order to leave stems from a complicated maze of immigration procedures that will divide the family and possibly subject them to danger in West Africa.
The three children were fathered by her ex-husband. The third was conceived in Nigeria but born in Canada.
Agimelen fled Nigeria after her first husband disappeared, possibly killed by people his father owed money to. She was kidnapped with her children and her daughter was threatened with genital mutilation as part of that affair. She arrived in Montreal six years ago.
The traumatic experience is believed to have the caused psychological damage to her eldest child and led her to flee to Canada.
The woman’s lawyer worries that the child will not develop well in Africa.
Continue
Read more: http://www.zoomheader.com/2016/02/canadian-govement-deports-family-back.html#ixzz40DUWp5cX

Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by 0nyegame(m): 7:50am On Feb 15, 2016
na wa o....
Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by Mynd44: 7:56am On Feb 15, 2016
Agimelen fled Nigeria after her first husband disappeared, possibly killed by people his father owed money to. She was kidnapped with her children and her daughter was threatened with genital mutilation as part of that affair

I am just going to call BS right here

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by Elosky20: 8:14am On Feb 15, 2016
ok
Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by GentleOhimai(m): 8:34am On Feb 15, 2016
This is painful though... I wonder how she will get to cope in Nigeria after spending all these years in Canada has obviously has already gotten use to the life there. It might be that God wants to use her for something great in Nigeria so she shouldnt cry afterall Nigeria still has opportunities that are unexpected.
Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by iykedare(m): 12:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
See the way these guys are yabbing west Africa.
Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by Flexherbal(m): 4:57pm On Feb 16, 2016
After six good years!
Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by pretty16(f): 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2016
It is well. God will make a way for them.
Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by justwise(m): 12:08am On Feb 18, 2016
That woman and her lawyer should be ashamed of themselves for telling some ridiculous lies. Children will not develop well in Nigeria and there is Ebola in Nigeria? Smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 18, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef undecided

Mynd44 - pls what is BS?

I smell lies from the pit filled with usdollars in the woman's fiery take
Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by Burger01(m): 8:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
One silly mistake somewhere scuttled the whole thing up. I'm sure the woman knows what I'm talking about. We've seen many walked down that road before. Women. Pity sad
Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by Anita123: 2:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
@Burger01 what mistake might that be?kindly share it with us
Re: Canadian Government Deports Family Back To Nigeria by Burger01(m): 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
^^^
Lies. Believe me, telling lies messed up the whole thing right from the word go. It's all embroidered in lies.sad

(1) (Reply)

Sweden Student Resident Permit / How I Spent My Saturday At Freedom Park. / Rivals South African & Kenya Airways Team Up To Form Pan-african Airline (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.