Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill (20098 Views)

Nigeria’s New Money Laundering Bill Will Weaken Anti-corruption Fight — Falana / Pass Money Laundering Bill, Buhari Tells NASS / New Money Laundering Bill: 7-year Prison Term Without Option Of Fine Awaits Offe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by jayloms: 10:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
I personally think creating another agency for this purpose could overstretch govt purse in terms of running the bureau/agency. Otherwise, the bill in itself is laudable. Then again, the penalty could or should be much stiffer than that suggested by the bill
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
Iroh88:
The recommended punitive reprimand for flouting this law, if it sees the light of day, is grossly insufficient for me as a deterrent. The jail time for the offender is short and the minimum fine for the financial institutions involved is too small.

We need a lot more drastic means if we want to really discourage these folks from getting their hands soiled.

Regardless, this is really commendable from the president. Gradually but surely, we'd build institutional frameworks that make looting very unattractive for our politicians and businessmen. It was what I voted him for, it is exactly what he's doing.

Just like Obiagelli said, my loyalty to Nigeria and her president remain firmly intact. All he needs is time. If after four years he gives me sufficient reasons to think otherwise, they so shall it be.

God bless Nigeria.
I agree. The penalty for culpable financial institutions could be increased to N100 million per transaction. But I disagree with the notion that yet another law enforcement agency needs to be created to fight money laundering.

The laws that were passed in 2012 and 2012 could be amended to, instead, place the anti-money laundering bureau inside the EFCC.

Moreover, I still believe that the EFCC and ICPC should be merged. Both agencies are essentially duplicating each other's work.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by goodnews777: 11:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
chriskosherbal:
It's a good one
Yeah but remember no Nigerian will be in politics if opportunity to embezzle does not exist.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by timmylaw: 11:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
Guys it seems u didn't get the content of the bill well.not less than seven years means it could be seven years and above but cannot be less.a and in the aspect of fine against banks that launders money,the fine could be 25m and above but cannot be lesser than that.I think we are getting it right nw.we just pray d stinkingly corrupt nass passes it into law
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
AngryNigerian:
Buu-buu's face though...

The hard face corps

buhari, magu, buratai, Ali.

In chamillionaire's voice "Now you're in trouble , here come the hard face corps."

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by Ojukwufrank: 4:08am On Feb 19, 2016
The likes of firefire paid agents are the problem of Nigeria, you can never see them on this kinda thread. The rejoice for any thread like= Bokoharam strike in Borno e.t.c Shameless people.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by Firefire(m): 4:33am On Feb 19, 2016
Ojukwufrank:
The likes of firefire paid agents are the problem of Nigeria, you can never see them on this kinda thread. The rejoice for any thread like= Bokoharam strike in Borno e.t.c Shameless people.

May Allah have mercy on your soul.

Na’uzhu-bi-Allah embarassed
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by Ojukwufrank: 4:40am On Feb 19, 2016
Firefire:

May Allah have mercy on your soul.

Na’uzhu-bi-Allah embarassed

And may your soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by kuuljay(m): 6:58am On Feb 19, 2016
PeinDanzo:

Emm ..must I remided u u have a waec to prepared[b][/b] for?
did you just say waec to prepared for? grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by don4real18(m): 7:44am On Feb 19, 2016
A death penalty should be included
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by ElCapone(m): 7:45am On Feb 19, 2016
Flexherbal:
I hope the house will pass this on time.
wid their boss deep in cct waterz, yhur guess is as gud as mine.
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by Demdem(m): 7:47am On Feb 19, 2016
This bill should be passed RETROACTIVELY immediately
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by EtimStephen: 9:51am On Feb 19, 2016
I like Buhari. This is man is really determined to combat corruption in total
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by PeinDanzo(m): 9:57am On Feb 19, 2016
kuuljay:
did you just say waec to prepared for? grin grin grin grin

Ur eyez deseef u much, in futur consession accepted smiley
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by PeinDanzo(m): 9:59am On Feb 19, 2016
EtimStephen:
I like Buhari. This is man is really determined to combat corruption in total

U knw u need to receive sense, right?
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by kuuljay(m): 11:44am On Feb 19, 2016
PeinDanzo:

Ur eyez deseef u much, in futur consession accepted smiley
you are half literate, I can't even understand what you are saying,i got my first degree in 2004 think back how old you were
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by PeinDanzo(m): 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
kuuljay:
you are half literate, I can't even understand what you are saying,i got my first degree in 2004 think back how old you were

Bro, wat u saiding? Huh? ..bro, somtin rung wit ur common senses? Bro, y ah waz teached in havad, u were sti studyied democritus atoms and aristotle logic ..y u mad bro?
Re: Buhari’s Anti-money Laundering Bill by 9jatriot(m): 9:14am On Apr 20, 2016
Why was this bill not given accelerated hearing like the CCB? This bill has been with them since January and nothing has been heard again of it yet the CCB bill which in itself is illegal is being given accelerated hearing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Assassination Attempt: Police Arrest Seven Suspects / Peter Obi Manifesto: 'Prospects Of Transformative Governance' / LAGBUS Crushes Soldier To Death In Lagos Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.