Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud (18801 Views)

Efcc Nabs Jonathan Fct Minister, Bala Over N1 Trillion Fraud / EFCC And FG Prepare To Go After Patience Jonathan Over N1 Trillion Fraud / NNPC Removes Head Of Crude Oil Sales Days After NRGI Alleged N6.4 Trillion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by ddippset(m): 12:56pm On Feb 18, 2016
Corruption always fights back, doesn't it? The number one mission of the wailing wailers is to make sure buhari is confirmed to be corrupt and to have embezzled money, by any means necessary. First it was buhari stole money from the ptdf, now its buhari wants to embezzle money through the budget. Diezanni will go to jail, dasuki will go to jail, metuh will go to jail, dokpesi will go to jail, heck even Jonathan will go to jail. No amount of blackmail will derail Magu from coming after them all. Go and die!
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Ahmeduana(m): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
snailspeed:

It is indeed a very wide gate. A most shocking one to boot!

#budgetgate
IN MY LANGUAGE THERE IS THIS SAYING THAT if human refuses to worship GOD he will end up worshiping a lesser god, JONATHAN DO PRESENT 4.5TRILLION BUDGET WITH SINCERE MIND AND INTENTION, BUT NOBODY ACKNOWLEDGE HIM FOR IS EFFORT, BUT WHEN AN ALI BABA AND IS GANG OF FOURTY THIEVES PRESENT BUDGET OF ELDORADO ZOMBIE STARTED CLASPING THAT THIS IS BUDGET OF DESTINY NOT KNOWING THAT IS BUDGET OF FRAUD. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INSIGHTFUL ANALYSIS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Ahmeduana(m): 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
NavierStokes:

Its just the age old trick of using a fall guy when things go awry. Until those items are removed and the effect seen on the final figures, everything else is a farce.
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT FAYOSE SAID YESTERDAY.

1 Like

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by NavierStokes(m): 1:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ahmeduana:

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT FAYOSE SAID YESTERDAY.

These people take Nigerians for a ride, i'll come up with a thread soon as to what 1.5 trillion can do for Nigeria if invested into infrastructure.
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by ddippset(m): 1:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
Ahmeduana:

IN MY LANGUAGE THERE IS THIS SAYING THAT if human refuses to worship GOD he will end up worshiping a lesser god, JONATHAN DO PRESENT 4.5TRILLION BUDGET WITH SINCERE MIND AND INTENTION, BUT NOBODY ACKNOWLEDGE HIM FOR IS EFFORT, BUT WHEN AN ALI BABA AND IS GANG OF FOURTY THIEVES PRESENT BUDGET OF ELDORADO ZOMBIE STARTED CLASPING THAT THIS IS BUDGET OF DESTINY NOT KNOWING THAT IS BUDGET OF FRAUD. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INSIGHTFUL ANALYSIS.
you should be flogged 24 strokes of the cane, stripped buck naked and tied to a stake for this disgraceful comment. Jonathan that superintended over the greatest looting spree in the history of África? How do human beings reason?
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
9jatriot:
While it is true that the budget has been an embarrassing situation, we are glad to know that it was not swept under the carpet as we know that the previous government would have done. This is the kind of budget that we have been passing year in year out and has led to no development and has resulted in no development. I am glad that for once the parliament is really doing its oversight function for once. I said it before and will say it again, PDP did APC and Nigeria a great favour without knowing by pointing out the errors. Nigeria will be better off for it.

Point of correction, no budget in the history of Nigeria has reached this high. The only reason this budget was increased to over #6 trillion was to pay back those who sponsored their elections.

Precious budgets were corrupt too but not this level.
Before they came up with this budget, they already gave hint that it might be #8 trllion . Yet they came up with over #6trillion budget with indefensible proposals.
Who are they trying to fool? Surely not me.
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by zurine(f): 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
how
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by XaintJoel20: 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
snailspeed:
I have watched the Federal government continue to embarras themselves in what is arguably one of the biggest executive scandals in Nigeria's history. But what has really gotten my attention is their very unprofessional and downright deceptive response to the whole quagmire. It has gone from the very bizzaire to the outrightly deceitful and I feel there is a need to put the records straight, especially for future reference.

The most bizzaire response has seen the ministers outrightly deny their own ministries budget like Shaggy singing, "It wasnt me". This has written a new chapter to the country's corruption story. If the ministers didnt write those budgets, then we are in a bigger trouble than we actually know. This means we have a government that cannot manage themselves let alone manage 170 million Nigerians. It also means all the ministers are shockingly incompetent. It also implies that there is serious monumental corruption going on in the ministries and government agencies as we speak.

Before the government apologists try to ram it down our throats that it is those around the president that are involved, let us not fail to remind them that some of the most embarrasing corruption and fraudulent items in the budget came from the presidency. Yes, you heard it right! It came from the acclaimed squeaky clean, saintly PMB.

But let us get down to the real business of the day. I am really woried that even the opposition and many analysts of the budget have missed the biggest issue yet.

What is the biggest issue with the 2016 budget?

The biggest issue with the 2016 budget is this: If you go through the budget, you will suddenly realise that about 2 trillion Naira in the bugdet are made up of fraudulent and ghost line items. That means that of the over 6 trillion budget presented by Buhari, the real and credible budget is just around 4 trillion. The rest is fraud and money meant to be shared by government and party cronies. This is most alarming when you realise that about 2 trillion is going to be sourced as loan to fund the budget. That means, Nigeria is trying to source for loans to fund coruption.

We are about to take loans to fund massive theft!

Somethig really twisted happened in some of the ministries in their bid to cover up their fraudulent items. When the budget was first released by the BudgtIT folks (credit to them for exposing the budget from the unset and preventing the FG from getting away with the fraud), and then withdrawn, this is what some of the ministries did.

To fix the fraudulent items in the budget, what the ministries and agencies (including the presidency) did was either:

1. Remove the fraudulent line items that have been exposed but distribute the amount from those line items among the other items. For example, Lets say a ministry budgeted 200 million for computers, 300 million for tables and 500 million for boreholes (That is a total of N1 billion). If, for example, the table budget was flagged as fraudulent, they will simply remove the table item of 300 million but share that 300 million between the computers and borehole budget. So they will return the budget with the 1 billion total unchanged, but this time, the computers budget will be 400 million and the borehole will be 600 million. This is a very shocking display of fraud and skilled corruption. If the computer budget is flagged as fraudulent, what should have simply happened is that the ministry should have removed the computer budget and returned the budget as 700 million, not 1 billion.

2. Remove the fraudulent line items and assign the value as new budget items. In this case, whole new items where inserted into the budget altogether to make up the amount removed. What is again alarming is why they must spend the funds. The concept of a budget is not to create items that must be purchased. It is not a blank check for government officials to go on a shopping spree

It is really worrisome that the Buhari government is hell bent on spending the over 6 trillion even when it is not justifiable. This is why we must reject any budget that is above 4.5 trillion Naira. Any budget that comes back from the FG that is above 4.5 trillion is definitely a crooked budget. This is also why we must insist that the FG should not borrow any funds for now as any funds borrowed to fund the budget is actually funds borrowed to line the pockets of government cronies.

Any budget that comes back from Buhari that is above 4.5 trillion is fraudulent!

I have seen some APC youths go on social media to celebrate the sacking of the DG of the budget office. Question is, what does that take away from the monumental budget fraud? Was the budget of the ministries written by the budget office. The ministers have all gone to the NASS to defend their budgets. I didnt see anyone whose budget was written by the budget office and the ministers are all walking free and laughing at the rest of us.

Sacking the DG of the budget office is just late damage control and trying to get a fall gyuy to take the heat. The ministers who all presented fraudulent budgets are still roaming free and laughing at the rest of us. And please stop telling us the presidency put it up for scrutiny!! We all had several copies each before they attempted that damage control. The scandal had already trended as #BudgetOfYams for several weeks before that weak attempt by the President's spokeman to make us believe they wanted it scrutinised! That train had left the station since December!
This is a most shameful note in the history of this country but we must continue to call out Buhari and his governance team. If we sleep for one moment, we might all wake up one day to see some rich Arab sheik has bought the country and has the C of O.
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Ndycharly: 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
That's what you will see when a person who did not see the four walls of a university is in power. Lack of knowledge is a disease.....Nigeria sorry.................
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2016
baralatie:

Are you insisting that the nass should pass the #6tr budget along with the over #1.5tr falsely inserted items?

2.5tr ni o!
Some things must be scrapped. They should just budget for building new roads, buying arms, paying salaries, improving our hospitals, farmers welfare, every other thing should be treated as frivolity till we have money for them to comfortably steal.
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by walezy14(m): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
snailspeed:
I have watched the Federal government continue to embarras themselves in what is arguably one of the biggest executive scandals in Nigeria's history. But what has really gotten my attention is their very unprofessional and downright deceptive response to the whole quagmire. It has gone from the very bizzaire to the outrightly deceitful and I feel there is a need to put the records straight, especially for future reference.

The most bizzaire response has seen the ministers outrightly deny their own ministries budget like Shaggy singing, "It wasnt me". This has written a new chapter to the country's corruption story. If the ministers didnt write those budgets, then we are in a bigger trouble than we actually know. This means we have a government that cannot manage themselves let alone manage 170 million Nigerians. It also means all the ministers are shockingly incompetent. It also implies that there is serious monumental corruption going on in the ministries and government agencies as we speak.

Before the government apologists try to ram it down our throats that it is those around the president that are involved, let us not fail to remind them that some of the most embarrasing corruption and fraudulent items in the budget came from the presidency. Yes, you heard it right! It came from the acclaimed squeaky clean, saintly PMB.

But let us get down to the real business of the day. I am really woried that even the opposition and many analysts of the budget have missed the biggest issue yet.

What is the biggest issue with the 2016 budget?

The biggest issue with the 2016 budget is this: If you go through the budget, you will suddenly realise that about 2 trillion Naira in the bugdet are made up of fraudulent and ghost line items. That means that of the over 6 trillion budget presented by Buhari, the real and credible budget is just around 4 trillion. The rest is fraud and money meant to be shared by government and party cronies. This is most alarming when you realise that about 2 trillion is going to be sourced as loan to fund the budget. That means, Nigeria is trying to source for loans to fund coruption.

We are about to take loans to fund massive theft!

Somethig really twisted happened in some of the ministries in their bid to cover up their fraudulent items. When the budget was first released by the BudgtIT folks (credit to them for exposing the budget from the unset and preventing the FG from getting away with the fraud), and then withdrawn, this is what some of the ministries did.

To fix the fraudulent items in the budget, what the ministries and agencies (including the presidency) did was either:

1. Remove the fraudulent line items that have been exposed but distribute the amount from those line items among the other items. For example, Lets say a ministry budgeted 200 million for computers, 300 million for tables and 500 million for boreholes (That is a total of N1 billion). If, for example, the table budget was flagged as fraudulent, they will simply remove the table item of 300 million but share that 300 million between the computers and borehole budget. So they will return the budget with the 1 billion total unchanged, but this time, the computers budget will be 400 million and the borehole will be 600 million. This is a very shocking display of fraud and skilled corruption. If the computer budget is flagged as fraudulent, what should have simply happened is that the ministry should have removed the computer budget and returned the budget as 700 million, not 1 billion.

2. Remove the fraudulent line items and assign the value as new budget items. In this case, whole new items where inserted into the budget altogether to make up the amount removed. What is again alarming is why they must spend the funds. The concept of a budget is not to create items that must be purchased. It is not a blank check for government officials to go on a shopping spree

It is really worrisome that the Buhari government is hell bent on spending the over 6 trillion even when it is not justifiable. This is why we must reject any budget that is above 4.5 trillion Naira. Any budget that comes back from the FG that is above 4.5 trillion is definitely a crooked budget. This is also why we must insist that the FG should not borrow any funds for now as any funds borrowed to fund the budget is actually funds borrowed to line the pockets of government cronies.

Any budget that comes back from Buhari that is above 4.5 trillion is fraudulent!

I have seen some APC youths go on social media to celebrate the sacking of the DG of the budget office. Question is, what does that take away from the monumental budget fraud? Was the budget of the ministries written by the budget office. The ministers have all gone to the NASS to defend their budgets. I didnt see anyone whose budget was written by the budget office and the ministers are all walking free and laughing at the rest of us.

Sacking the DG of the budget office is just late damage control and trying to get a fall gyuy to take the heat. The ministers who all presented fraudulent budgets are still roaming free and laughing at the rest of us. And please stop telling us the presidency put it up for scrutiny!! We all had several copies each before they attempted that damage control. The scandal had already trended as #BudgetOfYams for several weeks before that weak attempt by the President's spokeman to make us believe they wanted it scrutinised! That train had left the station since December!
This is a most shameful note in the history of this country but we must continue to call out Buhari and his governance team. If we sleep for one moment, we might all wake up one day to see some rich Arab sheik has bought the country and has the C of O.
I think this is not the first time it has been happening but was nip in the board by this administration. Ministers in the past had been defending it in the past because they knew no government will espouse them.
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Honza27(m): 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by idros4real: 2:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
9jatriot:
if u think this is a boyfriend girlfriend where one party says am sorry to make d other happy u r mistaken. An apology will not correct the budget, those who prepared d budget are the ones to still correct it. I insist they are a lot of ways to correct it, it does not have to be withdrawal alone. delete button, erasers, correction fluids etc are other methods. if pmb decides to use d withdrawal method it's his call and not yours

Thank you guys for the analysis so far but snailspeed did not understand some of your point. But snailspeed should not be using some adjectives as if you are a card carrying member of APC. I and my family voted Buhari but what we are seeing as far as this government is concern is nothing to right home about. "A chick that will grow to become a hen you will know from the day it hatches" nothing is working in Nigeria now because things are hard for the citizens. But let me comment on the budget stuff though there are frivolous figures in the budget which the minister can't defend during the budget defence and some of reject the budget that they were not the one that wrote it. Snailspeed I will not blame the Ministers because if a minister add a line of item in a budget he knows the reason why he add and if he won't be able to defend it he will not add it and I will blame them the minister and the president here because they suppose to check and verify all the items on the list. So there is something this government are hiding from Nigerians as far as this budget is concern. My opinion though.
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by uku797: 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
ovadozes:
I give up on this country...visa interview loading. thank God for my certificate!!! and when I get to my destination I will not look back, I'll make sure I get their green card. I want to raise my kids in a sane environment.
May God bless you as you plan to raise your family in a sane environment. Some times, am even happier because those of us who are retired are gone far in age and a little nearer to where we are going than the youths, since this country, from time to time, displays hopelessness. The truth is that a man that is well structured and has organised ideas, plans should, as a matter of fact be getting prepared to go to a more sane countries than this country. Buhari and apc told the world that they will perform wonders and fight corruption to stand still is openly turning to become the worst corrupt people.
If the IMF had not turn down that loan, they would have just shared that loan. Now that the loan is no where, Buhari and his most dirty corrupt apc members have decided to face the budget with those dangerious differences in figures for sharing. Even though I am a retiree, am given up for this country.
Imagine a party that is formed by the most dirty people like Thieffnubus, the most famous corrupt people like Fashola, the Atikus, the pretending Buahris? What do we actual expect from these corrupt people who are known across the world.?

1 Like

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
psucc:
Finally a new gate has opened. #budgetgate.
Hahahahahahahahahaha
Good for you
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by IBBG(m): 2:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
ndcide:
Some persons are shameless trying to trivialize the deliberate fraud in the budget. Trying so hard to remove the chief perpetrator and blame others.

1, The budget is owned by the executive. It is what they say they want to do. How on earth can they be mistaken about that. They say they want BMW and you call it error?.. How daft

2. The budget is first adopted at FEC before it is sent to the legislature. The FEC members also review the budget and defend it first before it moves. The president also makes his input to ensure that special areas that interest him are well accommodated. How then can he be ignorant of it.

3. Even if we say the ministers had no hand in it, we all knew buhari have been working with the Pam Secs all along, he even claimed that the ministers were not really needed. It means he must have passed his thoughts to them to implement.

4.The ministers came in and owned the budget, besides they are the ones to implement it. Or are they to implement what they didn't know?

5.Apc in general were all aware of this thing as they knew they'll all have their cut from the diverted funds. In fact that was the plan initially. The more reason they wanted a closed circuit government and are so pained that it's not going that way in the legislature. They planned to loot whilst shouting corruption and silencing others with graft threats.

6. The government went all out to defend this budget initially. Did you here Mohammed speak? "what about femi gbajabiamila, ndume, yayi etc. If we had an intimidated opposition this issues would have been history.

7. This unending defense at all cost, of buhari's " integrity " just has to stop. WHICH ARMED RUBBER NO WANT MONEY?"
Buhari knows that the funds for his campaign was from diverted government funds. You think he doesn't know that his supporters will want to get things for themselves? Let's stop this hypocrisy. Or you think monies from those expenditures for the presidency will not be used to compensate his cronies? Please..

8. They presidency believed they could pull this through hence the deliberate hesitation until the shiit hit the roof.

9. We could recall that saraki was to be used as the fall guy but he was proactive by telling the president himself how difficult it will be to control. FACT!

10. If it's not deliberate, how can the corrected budget still have obvious and brazen avenues for fraud.
You claim it's an "error" yet the corrections still have more avenues for graft. Haba some persons just want to lie to themselves. Let's call a spade what it is.

11. It's unfortunate the budget DG who buhari appointed was the fall guy. It's just a way to falsely preserve the pseudo-integrity of buhari. Besides it was saraki we heard of that was responsible.

12. The president still believe they can pull this one. Hence they are still looking for how to push it, rather than withdrawal. Sorry we all can't be blind.

13. The narrative of Always relating it to the last administration will spell doom for this government, if they don't stop. They'll say that, that was what was obtainable in the last government, yet they want to do same and feign ignorance. The Last government remains the standard.

14. We know sycophants of this government don't mind them looting while they call others thieves. We will not allow them. and the credit shouldn't go to them for not stealing. APC can be looking at the last government for corruption. We will look at them. We know efcc wouldn't do anything to them. But woe betide those who want to silence the voices of those watching this government or dismissing the claims of the watchers just to preserve buhari's interest.
God bless u sir. Nigeria belongs to all of us, and presidency is answerable to us the tax payers whether he likes it or not.
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by uku797: 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
ddippset:
Corruption always fights back, doesn't it? The number one mission of the wailing wailers is to make sure buhari is confirmed to be corrupt and to have embezzled money, by any means necessary. First it was buhari stole money from the ptdf, now its buhari wants to embezzle money through the budget. Diezanni will go to jail, dasuki will go to jail, metuh will go to jail, dokpesi will go to jail, heck even Jonathan will go to jail. No amount of blackmail will derail Magu from coming after them all. Go and die!
That is the problem with you the apc thievs. Take a look at that analysis and others, where ministers have come openly to deny their inputs, you people will still insist that Buhari and apc members are Saints. Why are you people trying to kill this country with corruption and lies? You have given all the world:s most deceiptive description to diffend to the bad budget in other to share it, especially when the loan you people planned to share failed? Buhari is a thief, Thieffnubu is thief, Fashola is a thief. Atiku is a thief. Name them yourself. Amaechi is a thief, Oshomhole is a thief, Sylver is a thief. Just name them youself. As an apc member, you are a thief. Our prayers will never allow you the world known thieves to cover this your planned to thief this country down and cover it with your greatest lies.. Tufiakwa to you, Buhari and all apc members. Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by ddippset(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
uku797:
That is the problem with you the apc thievs. Take a look at that analysis and others, where ministers have come openly to deny their inputs, you people will still insist that Buhari and apc members are Saints. Why are you people trying to kill this country with corruption and lies? You have given all the world:s most deceiptive description to diffend to the bad budget in other to share it, especially when the loan you people planned to share failed? Buhari is a thief, Thieffnubu is thief, Fashola is a thief. Atiku is a thief. Name them yourself. Amaechi is a thief, Oshomhole is a thief, Sylver is a thief. Just name them youself. As an apc member, you are a thief. Our prayers will never allow you the world known thieves to cover this your planned to thief this country down and cover it with your greatest lies.. Tufiakwa to you, Buhari and all apc members. Tufiakwa
surely if the ministers have come out to deny their figures, then something went wrong at the budget office which is still occupied by pdp saboteurs and stooges of the incompetent búffoon. Now the president has fired them all but you still arent satisfied. Thank God alot of things are being exposed in this administration, things that have always been concealed by previous pdp crooks like anenih, diezanni, dokpesi, orubebe, Jonathan, Wike, fayose, lamido, bamangar tukur, and their patron Sambo dasuki. A PPD supporter still talking in this country? That's the real tufiakwa!
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Myself2(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
TechWalker007:

At the highlighted, pray tell when we ever passed 6 trillion budget?
Also, are you aware when there was outcry by the people in government concerning Jonathan's 1bn food he reduced the figure?
The people who cried that he reduced it came into office less than one year later and increased the figure by 70%. Is something not wrong with you for trying to defend this embarrassment?

He is an APC rice eater A member of the council of lying liars

1 Like

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Myself2(m): 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
TechWalker007:

At the bolded, Buhari did not withdraw the fraudulent budget, he did not apologize to Nigerians but he sacked a DG

How can one sack the DG and leave the same fraudulent budget in NASS for it to be passed? Same budget for which he blamed Budget Mafia and sacked some people. If it's fraudulent enough to sack people, why has it not been withdrawn and every fraudulent line item removed.

The dullard has not withdrawn the budget cos he has always been and still is a thief, I'm sure he personally instigated all those fraudulent inclusions in the budget.Bloody deceptive tyrant from West Germany

1 Like

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Laid2001: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
First it is good that some people are made to pay for the apparent errors and fraud attempts in the budget!.

This is first of its kind in our nation. never has fraudulent people in government parastatals ever been made to answer to their actions.

Even when caught pant down during GEJ, people were allowed to explain glaring fraud away.

Although, puting amount in Budget itself does not mean fraud, until the money get collected and into personal pockets instead of providing services or structures for the citizens. Nonetheless, it is the precursor to the actual fraud.

Many ministers (health minister as example)actually disown their ministries so called budget at the NASS defense session, as the figures the assembly men has from budget office was completely different from what the ministers has. Most of the time far more items were in the NASS version than the ministers copies.
These set of ministers have the courage to contradict the higher figures. Yet in the past, former ministers would simply have agreed to the higher cost and claim it, since it means more money to share for the boys!..

1 Like

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Ojayk(m): 4:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
#4.5trillionbudget #noloan4budget
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by jayloms: 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
@snailspeed, sir, while you made some very salient points on d budget ish, you weren't cautious enough to conceal your partisanship.

Yes, you read it right. For you to try and absolve the budget of d previous admin from similar errors, speaks volumes, for those who care to listen and clearly tells your political leaning.

You lots will never speak ill of GEJ's admin, when clearly there's alot to talk about, and sometimes become intolerant when references are made to his administration, but you want us (ZOMBIES lol) to take your lopsided analysis without any form of debate to it.

Like 9jatriot rightly opined, for the first time we have a scrutiny on d budget underway, it's the first unlike before and it is welcomed.

For the umpteenth time, YES, this budget is a mess but keep your suspicions about Buhari to yourself just as you wouldn't accept my stand on GEJ.
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by mrmetoo1: 5:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
Honza27:
You said past administration was Corrupt, Now you are indirectly saying that St. Buhari copied the Goodluck administration's corrupt budget?
Bro there is God oooh

Just look at yourself..

That's exactly what I'm saying. Does it sound like I'm trying to defend them?? They copied a corrupt budget.
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Honza27(m): 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by fitzmayowa: 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
Rolings:

Start looking for ways to return your share of the dasuki arms money because every PDP member one way or another got a share of that money. Sharing is not new and no big deal in politics , everyone is in politics for his or her share. But when you share money meant to procure arms for soldiers to defend the country it becomes a crime . At least it has not been proven that the rice money is arms money . So tell your ineffectual bufoon and his goons to return all stolen money.

What is this zoombie ranting about now Sorry you ate the poisonous rice that made you a blind man to the truth...

BTW, how did the 2 trillion naira fraud talked about in the budget by the OP turn to you ranting about some so called ineffectual buffon Oga carry ya frustration go forward abeg...
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by codedguy1(m): 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2016
What was the last budget's total compared with 2014. What's the difference?

How some people who want to practice zero budgeting already estimate to be 8trillion if it is not that they want to steal. Zero budgeting means that it is assumed that every MDA having nothing and they would have to justify everything budgeted for, so if it is also known that we were practicing a budget where a percentage of what was allocated in the previous budget for an item is added and we agree that there was fraud in that budget it only means that zero budgeting will reduce the cost of the budget unless new items are added.

But we have been told by soludo that the budget is copy and paste.

The budget already had an answer they were working towards, it fell short by 2trillion which eventually landed at 6trillion.

InLoveWithGod:

Point of correction, no budget in the history of Nigeria has reached this high. The only reason this budget was increased to over #6 trillion was to pay back those who sponsored their elections.
Precious budgets were corrupt too but not this level.
Before they came up with this budget, they already gave hint that it might be #8 trllion . Yet they came up with over #6trillion budget with indefensible proposals.
Who are they trying to fool? Surely not me.

1 Like

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by Rolings: 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2016
fitzmayowa:

What is this zoombie ranting about now Sorry you ate the poisonous rice that made you a blind man to the truth...

BTW, how did the 2 trillion naira fraud talked about in the budget by the OP turn to you ranting about some so called ineffectual buffon Oga carry ya frustration go forward abeg...

You sound like the frustrated one I pray you don't loose your senses try to see everything with this administration in bad light ,get over your loss of election and move on
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by chloee(f): 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
9jatriot:
While it is true that the budget has been an embarrassing situation, we are glad to know that it was not swept under the carpet as we know that the previous government would have done. This is the kind of budget that we have been passing year in year out and has led to no development and has resulted in no development. I am glad that for once the parliament is really doing its oversight function for once. I said it before and will say it again, PDP did APC and Nigeria a great favour without knowing by pointing out the errors. Nigeria will be better off for it.

Please give instance when and where we had this kind of embarrassing budget in the history of Nigeria and was swept under the carpet. Saraki and the new senate are blessing, if it were to be APC stooge that budget would have been passed without this kind of scrutiny.

1 Like

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by ImpactWorld(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
TechWalker007:

At the bolded, Buhari did not withdraw the fraudulent budget, he did not apologize to Nigerians but he sacked a DG

How can one sack the DG and leave the same fraudulent budget in NASS for it to be passed? Same budget for which he blamed Budget Mafia and sacked some people. If it's fraudulent enough to sack people, why has it not been withdrawn and every fraudulent line item removed.

The reason is very very simple: Buhari is very very corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by chloee(f): 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
ddippset:
you should be flogged 24 strokes of the cane, stripped buck naked and tied to a stake for this disgraceful comment. Jonathan that superintended over the greatest looting spree in the history of África? How do human beings reason?
Olodo. The looting in this present govt will make mockery of what has been looted since Nigeria independence till date.
Re: Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud by innocentchuks(m): 9:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
I intend to make this my last response to u since u keep going in circles and have resorted to outright lies. I am wondering where i said it isnd budget office that prepares d budget. For the records, each agency and MDA prepare their budget and pass to their ministry for collation before d budget office collates all of them, if u do not know this den ... I think d presidency took the steam off ur sail by not defending d budget, it caught u guys offguard. u tell a man ur cloth is dirty and he agrees with surprisingly, yet u keep hammering that it is very dirty. the man has since agreed with u. No body defends d budget d way it is right now, I don't know what language to use to explain that fact to u. let's use this ur thread as a case study, the full blooded APC guys who always defend d government did not bother with any defense because nothing new is in it. they have shown maturity in waiting for a corrected version.
no matter how u guys want to draw this nation back, no effort will be spared to put this nation on track, no effort. have a lovely day

I have gone through ur posts, arguments here and the enormous effort u are putting to play down this grouse incompetence and unprofessional display by ur pay master, these people u are trying so hard to defend are they secondary school dropouts to erroneously make a mind blowing mistake, as u tag it to be. If such is the case it means that from the president to his ministers and MDAs are not worthy of the office. Stop celebrating mediocrity because of sentiment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement / Again, Aisha Buhari Absent From Aso Rock For Two Months / Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Picks Forms To Represent Imo East Senatorial District

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.