Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,673 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll (16632 Views)

FG To Pay The Poor, Put Graduates On Payroll / 8-Year-Old Children Among Bauchi "Teachers" On Payroll Of Govt. - Committee / 38 Dead Principals, 15 Ex-teachers On Payroll Of Delta Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Jabioro: 10:00am On Feb 17, 2016
Stress less at work,thieves at it,Corruption on rampage
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 17, 2016
Folks, don't seem to get it! One functional car can go round the 30 drivers. Aren't there 30 days plus 1 in a month! With each driver taking daily turns at driving the car the L.G. is still short-staffed by one driver!!! Applications opened!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by anzaku47(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2016
Mtchew so are they trying to tell us that a whole Local government has only one official vehicle
They are even exposing themselves.
I just wish I can change my state of origin.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Luckylife(m): 10:12am On Feb 17, 2016
Corruption have eaten deep into Nigeria system, it takes by the grace of god to curb it. See what greedy politicians and poverty have cause.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2016
twoondei:
This is what we call division of labour. Zero stress at work. You go to work one day a month and get paid for thirty days.

Even the one vehicle may not be functional.

No be like that.

The first go go sign the moto key. One go wash the motor body. The next go wash tyre. The next go warm am. The next turn am off. Another go carry am go where they send them. Another go take over after 2 km and so on. Remember say the last one go wait till them come back for him to return the key.

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Folksyharry(m): 10:20am On Feb 17, 2016
All these labour unions are really sick in the head. Instead of them to prevail on the government officials in the state to reduce their spending to be able to pay workers and execute projects they are going on strike to support ghost workers.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Adet5(m): 10:35am On Feb 17, 2016
Waspy:
The Commissioner is as stupid as stupid is. While he was Chairman in the same Local Govt, what did he do about it. Maybe he is even the one that got most of them the job.

Bottomline.....Everyone just wants to talk....Nobody is doing shyte to make the change

Don't mind him, I am presently serving in that local government and i used to cry for their unborn generation because of the way they run their things

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Nicur: 10:40am On Feb 17, 2016
ajoskele:
What is then the work of journalists? Is it not to report incidents?
sorry what's your point? did the chairman say what's he has done about it? what concerned journalists with my post?
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by ChidiElison: 10:43am On Feb 17, 2016
Jesus is Lord
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Raskasal(m): 10:46am On Feb 17, 2016
Funny. Is this a way of diverting money or creating employment for positions that do not occur?
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Adet5(m): 10:49am On Feb 17, 2016
Luckylife:
Corruption have eaten deep into Nigeria system, it takes by the grace of god to curb it. See what greedy politicians and poverty have cause.

Not a new thing nw, I am serving in one village in that local government and i was surprised there is no evidence of government in the whole of that village, the only bore hole is owned by someone who sells the water to the suffering villagers, all class rooms in the school are built by the community, seriously this people have been neglected.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by sauceEEP(m): 10:52am On Feb 17, 2016
Am tired of all these revelations, what I want to know is how far EFCC has gone towards prosecuting these fools. They must be jailed...
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Gaskia: 10:55am On Feb 17, 2016
Mind boggling but the audit would have been more detailed to answer the following questions?

1) What is the total number of vehicles the LG needs to function effectively?
2) What is the total numbers of drivers needed?
3) When the drivers were employed, were there enough vehicles?
4) What is the level of communication between the HR and the admin/ procurement unit?
5) Is it possible that the HR fulfilled the driving manning need while the procurement or vehicle maintenance units were the ones failing in their duties?
6) Why is the Chairman's vehicle the only functional ones?
7) How many vehicles have been recommended for purchase, maintenance and for what purposes?
cool Why are there no staff buses for low earning local government staff?

Questions like these if dispassionately answered will give a more objective insight.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by jamace(m): 11:31am On Feb 17, 2016
One driver per day grin grin Corruption!
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by zemaik(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2016
Can you imagine...! And if one asked buhari for solution, he would call for provision of 29 more vehicles in the nasarawa council.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Nicepoker(m): 11:45am On Feb 17, 2016
A.boki.s behind the wheel.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Reference(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2016
NavierStokes:
Testament to Nigeria's overbloated civil service. What do we call this, Timesharing or what?

Source:http://leadership.ng/news/501603/nasarawa-lg-one-functional-vehicle-30-drivers-payroll

If I talk people will think I hate all things government but the truth is that until and unless we restructure our nation we have no hope. Change the game, not the players. Imagine folks without productivity asking for a pay rise so they can continue procreating and sinking this country. Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Friday18: 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2016
Corruption everywhere,how do we move forward when bottom to top is all soaked in corruption. cry
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by Reference(m): 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
Gaskia:
Mind boggling but the audit would have been more detailed to answer the following questions?

1) What is the total number of vehicles the LG needs to function effectively?
2) What is the total numbers of drivers needed?
3) When the drivers were employed, were there enough vehicles?
4) What is the level of communication between the HR and the admin/ procurement unit?
5) Is it possible that the HR fulfilled the driving manning need while the procurement or vehicle maintenance units were the ones failing in their duties?
6) Why is the Chairman's vehicle the only functional ones?
7) How many vehicles have been recommended for purchase, maintenance and for what purposes?
cool Why are there no staff buses for low earning local government staff?

Questions like these if dispassionately answered will give a more objective insight.

What kind of rubbish insight is tha.t. If it your personal money that is being spent this way or your personal company run this way will you be asking what is 30 minus 1 is before firing 29 of them.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by goshen26: 2:40pm On Feb 17, 2016
Old story
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by OsamaB: 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
One driver per day
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by seunfape(m): 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
not new.it happens in my LG time to time even till tomorow.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by hajhud: 5:59pm On Feb 17, 2016
NavierStokes:
Testament to Nigeria's overbloated civil service. What do we call this, Timesharing or what?

Source:http://leadership.ng/news/501603/nasarawa-lg-one-functional-vehicle-30-drivers-payroll
lies, d commissioner for local govt n d chairmen of our various local govt re d geneses of our problems. we d civil servants of d state re solidly behind our union, strike continues.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by NavierStokes(m): 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
hajhud:
lies, d commissioner for local govt n d chairmen of our various local govt re d geneses of our problems. we d civil servants of d state re solidly behind our union, strike continues.

Okay sir, so in other words you are saying the civil service is right-sized?
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by mickey45: 10:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
[quote author=tolexy007 post=42996327] cheesy Our Civil Servant are even more corrupt than the politicians......[/quote
]

You don't say.
I was in a s.western state while it Audited staff demographics about two years ago.
Imagine a director whose wife has been taking salaries for 10 yrs as a level 12/17 officer! Yet the woman is at home jobless and never knew of her husband's move.

Another had three of his children who were at the time still in secondary school (SS1) on the payroll as Masters grads.
Yet over 90% of the state's staff profess a single religion.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by 2plus2: 11:23pm On Feb 17, 2016
LordAdam:

Really shameful stuff. The reality is that all these comments will vanish into thin air when oil boom starts again. The bloating and ghost workers scandal will cease being a topic of national discourse. Replacing it will be calls for increased minimum wage and salaries of everyone from teachers to health workers.

It is a vicious cycle, I have come to accept as reality.

-Lord

Shameful indeed.

Who's to blame? Politicians, civil servants or the system.
For me I reason the entire system need urgent overhauling.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by LordAdam: 11:49pm On Feb 17, 2016
2plus2:

Shameful indeed.

Who's to blame? Politicians, civil servants or the system.
For me I reason the entire system need urgent overhauling.

As most of us agreed on the other NavierStokes thread, it is the entire system that needs urgent overhauling.

Where the debate is heated is how exactly are we to do that. Where do we start from?

I opined that changing the style of governance is a good way to start, @Topeakintola hasn't left his opinion on where to start.

It'd be informative to know your opinion. And @NavierStokes, do leave your opinion. Where do we start from if we are to overhaul this system?

-Lord
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by 2plus2: 12:38am On Feb 18, 2016
LordAdam:

As most of us agreed on the other NavierStokes thread, it is the entire system that needs urgent overhauling.

Where the debate is heated is how exactly are we to do that. Where do we start from?

I opined that changing the style of governance is a good way to start, @Topeakintola hasn't left his opinion on where to start.

It'd be informative to know your opinion. And @NavierStokes, do leave your opinion. Where do we start from if we are to overhaul this system?

-Lord

NavierStokes
Topeakintola

Me think any proposal should target institutionised reforms and general orientation of the citizen.

- Thus, True Federal System.
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by LordAdam: 1:17am On Feb 18, 2016
2plus2:

NavierStokes
Topeakintola

Me think any proposal should target institutionised reforms and general orientation of the citizen.

- Thus, True Federal System.

Said same.

-Lord
Re: Nasarawa LG With One Functional Vehicle Has 30 Drivers On Payroll by naijaking1: 2:00am On Feb 18, 2016
What's wrong with 30 drivers to one vehicle?
Each drives one day a month, shikena!

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket / Pantami: It’s Criminal Offence To Access Data In Nigeria Without Permission / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.