Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Electricity Workers Suspend Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike (16624 Views)

Ogun State Workers Suspend Strike - Press Release / Ekiti State Workers Suspend Strike, Sign Agreement With Govt(Pics) / Oil, Electricity Workers Opt Out Of Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by metronaija: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
Following the intervention of the Hon. Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Chris Ngige, the National Union of Electricity Employees has ordered its workers to return to work immediately.

The union had following what it termed militarisation/lockout of TCN offices. This consequent upon some unresolved issues in the 2012 agreement, requiring that “labour issues be concluded before the winding down of the headquarters of the PHCN,” directed its members to withdraw their services.

The Labour Minister therefore since last night engaged the officials of the Federal Ministry of Power and the leaders of the National Union of Electricity Employees to separate meetings, hence, the directive by the Union to all its members to return to work immediately.

The directive signed by the General Secretary of the union, Comrade Joe Ajaero reads; “the Hon. Minister of Labour and Employment has intervened in the trade dispute in the power sector in accordance with the relevant section of the Trade Disputes Act, CAP T8, LFN 2004; and scheduled a conciliation meeting for Tuesday, April 26, 2016.”

“In view of this development, the union hereby directs members in TCN to return to work immediately.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/04/electricity-workers-suspend-strike.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by GudluckIBB(m): 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hope this will bring light.

But why do Nigerian workers enjoy strike?

Una no dey tire?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by TheFreeOne: 7:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
One week one controversy since this government came to power.

I hope our minister of darkness light too is on the situation cos the darkness has become unbearable.

Where are those rocket scientists sef undecided

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Blakjewelry(m): 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2016
I didn't even notice they were on strike sef, there was no difference

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by ShowYourCertificate: 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
Where's Fashola? grin

9 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Tallesty1(m): 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
Blakjewelry:
Same here.

I told them to disconnect my own months ago because I can't be using my generator and still be paying for light. Not now that even the air we breath is expensive.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by TheFreeOne: 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
Where's Fashola? grin

He's busy generating darkness with the speed of light.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by drss1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
trial n error govt. how will dis govt generate 8,000mw of electricity with dis confusion every day see darkness everywia, sad so na chris ingige wey intervane for nepa strike mata wat about d minister of darkness
APC has notin to offer except lies n propaganda.

19 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Flexherbal(m): 7:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
Do the needful for us to have steady power supply.
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by olayincar(m): 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
Blakjewelry:

U just say ma mind

14 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by vedaxcool(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
Another failure of Jonathan hunts Nigeria why sell our national grid to your cronies but fail to settle all outstanding issues like workers entitlement? was sharing our hard currency so all encompassing that he couldn't alot small time for this?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by vedaxcool(m): 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2016
[s]
drss1:
trial n error govt. how will dis govt generate 8,000mw of electricity with dis confusion every day see darkness everywia, sad so na chris ingige wey intervane for nepa strike mata wat about d minister of darkness
APC has notin to offer except lies n propaganda.
[/s]

You lack analytical skills a clear symptom~ Acquired e-Pain syndrome AEPS

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by allytinted: 7:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
mtcheeewww.....when will electricity itself call off its strike cos its been on strike for weeks now. Useless phcn calling off its strike because its month end...smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by drss1(m): 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2016
vedaxcool:

You lack analytical skills a clear symptom~ Acquired e-Pain syndrome AEPS

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by vedaxcool(m): 8:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
drss1:

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by DrayZee: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
You mean there was a strike?

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by bunmioguns(m): 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
Does it changes anything?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by sotall(m): 11:35pm On Apr 23, 2016

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Safemode(m): 11:36pm On Apr 23, 2016
they are always on strike naa

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Leeeekeeee: 11:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
If I could buy a meter recharge Since January nd it's April, I am yet to recharge again means the electricity itself is striking, so of what use is calling off workers strike when electricity strike ve not been called off...

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by maxwell767(m): 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
As if that will make any difference... undecided

8 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by EVERCUTE(m): 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
Who cares? When dem dey work before we get light? They can all resign for all I care.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by TANTUMERGO007(m): 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
SO THEM THEY STRIKE WE NO NOTICE AM, AS I cry cry cry cry cry cry cry AM TYPING THIS POST NA GENERATOR I THEY USE

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Amajerry83(m): 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
FOOLISH NEPA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Generalkorex(m): 11:40pm On Apr 23, 2016
Were they on strike b4?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by kunlealao(m): 11:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
Tallesty1:
Same here.
Me too....no difference

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by alotofgrace(m): 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
Huh?

Because it's getting to the end of the month?

They want to collect salary.
They want to bring bill again.
They want to cut light again
They want us to beg them again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by otswag(m): 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ope ooo!! My right hand don dey grow muscle from excessive use of hand fan

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by madgoat(m): 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2016
Even when they are not on strike sef light no go dey...... SMMMMHHHH

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by tolustx(m): 11:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
vedaxcool:
Another failure of Jonathan hunts Nigeria why sell our national grid to your cronies but fail to settle all outstanding issues like workers entitlement? was sharing our hard currency so all encompassing that he couldn't alot small time for this?
See dis ignorant being. Una don come again ba?
Your words aint even coherent in any form. Do you know what national grid means? If yes, u won't say d national grid was sold.
Jonathan's administration only sold Power Distribution companies to private owners. Transmission and Generation is still done by the fed govt.
Jonathn left the office close to a year ago. I think tht shud ve been enough time for u and ur pple to stop d blame game.
Power generation improved few weeks after dis administration came into power nd that achievement was credited to Buhari. Now that things in d same sector are happening otherwise, u come here to blame Jonathan
In Jonathan's voice...Fear God!

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Icon4s(m): 11:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
so they were on strike?

Since when bc we had light all through last night bt the light went off by 1pm and till now (11hrs later) no light
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike by Wendyslim(f): 11:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
We're they on strike before? No difference so continue the strike cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Expresses Regret Over Fuel Crisis As Subsidy Hits N40.70 Per Litre / Peter Obi Expresses Sadness Over Ochanja Market Building Collapse In Onitsha / Onnoghen: Osinbajo, NBA Ponder Six-point Resolution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.