Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? (51509 Views)

I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did / Marry and Grow In Love Or Marry The Person You Love, Which One Is Better? / Should I Marry A Man With A Low Sperm Count? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by dacovajnr: 11:51am On Feb 18, 2016
Do we Nairalanders a favour by dropping her digit here trust us she go hear wien! By d tym we take insult adjust her destiny ...that one Is possessed undecided

5 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by joanana(f): 11:51am On Feb 18, 2016
@OP you are in my prayers!!!!! To avoid problems in your home , stop telling her of plans that concerns your brother and his family. Do not stop whatever you are doing for your brothers family; in giving we receive. Most people don't know that to receive , you will have to give. God will continue to bless the work of your hands and i pray that God will change the perception of your wife. No one knows tomorrow!!!!!!

For peace to rain in your home whenever she ask about your brother, tell her they are fine.shekina!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by stonemasonn: 11:51am On Feb 18, 2016
4C2215131:

Word! I've dated my fair share of difficult folks. Maybe they were sent my way for self development.

Remember dating one sent to me from the fiery pits itself. Men! What that individual that was spawned from the loins of Lucifer himself made me go through, lawdy!

The good thing is that the situation made me see where I had to work on myself also as I wasn't perfect either though I was far from being a hell spawn demonoid masquerading as a human.
OK, as an advice to the OP in this situation where should he (the OP) work on his self?
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 18, 2016
Mindfulness:
Is it the only problem you have with her? If the answer is yes, then ignore it. Go silent on her and do not even bother to think about it.
I say it because it seems to me that you two are quite comfortable and because I believe that there are situations where our siblings need and deserve our help and you are doing the needful without depriving your own family of anything necessary.

If your wife has other attributes that are pleasing you, then it is enough. Nobody is perfect.

this is nobody's is perfect thing....she is plain wicked.

ur family is ur family no matter what....and it's ur family dat will bury u,not ur wife.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by whobemumu(m): 11:55am On Feb 18, 2016
What u need is water cane ! Just wait the next time she misbehaves beat the shit out of her . She will advice herself.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by therapistmrs: 11:55am On Feb 18, 2016
You need not get too angry with her cos some women are like that.nobody is perfect so consider this has your wife's but.as long as you remember family first and another thing you can do is help others without tellingbher if she keeps getting angry all the time.
Do not forget to plan and save for the future because life is funny,thats if you understand what I mean.
All the best
therapistmrs..com
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Funkybabee(f): 11:55am On Feb 18, 2016
at Op u done enter one chance ooo
that's wat I usually tell a man that he should not overlook his fiance behavior when they are in courtship, that behavior of ur wife is surely bad because she also have her also brother and care for them.my advice for u is that don't let her control u in giving things to ur brother because u don't know wat future we say,and what u did today we matter wat u will get in future there are a lot of the same issue like that in today's family just use ur brain in any thing u are doing and not to destroy ur new marriage Its well with u.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by ifeomaekol(f): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2016
Op yes u married d wrong woman simple. Our wealth shuld be used to help humanity, and if she cnt understand dt u hv to help ur brother, then she's bad. This is wat to do---- do nt tell her wen u wnt to give any of ur family member anything, jux do it on ur own. Rem dt dia is a blessing attached to those who give, my brother u dnt kw tomrw, so make sure u give as long as u hv it to give. And be careful wt her, d truth is dt u r yet to see oda characters of hers dt she hid during courtship, bt bck urself up wt prayer, d lord ll see u through.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by sunnyt1(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2016
There is no such thing as a wrong person, she only has a wrong mentality about relationships and interdependability. This is the reason why i take everything a partner tells me seriously, every trait is prerequisie to something serious. When she told u she left her ex because of the number of dependants attached to him what were you thinking sir? It means if this issue with your bro had come up before she married you she would have looked for a BETTER person, and i must tell you, thats what she is thinking right now.

Its a reflection of her (and many people) outlook to life and people, she believes everyone should cater for his/herself but life is not that way, one might be on the other end of the table in 5 years. You only need to talk to her gradually and in love, it will shock you to know that women like this will stick with you even if you have nothing, they just dont want anything to interfere with their comfort.

Like i said, talk to her so she can understand that there is no greater investment than helping others, not your family members alone. Gradually, she will come to your page

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by freecocoa(f): 11:58am On Feb 18, 2016
4C2215131:

Please hope you understand I was speaking in the third person perspective. The comments were not for you o!
Oh! Well, sounded a lot like we were having a conversation, not restricting whoever cares to join in, of course I understand that you weren't trying to preach to me per se, my reply was just saying I share the same belief.

Don't get it twisted, like they would say, we cool bro. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by mondaypaul77(m): 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2016
My eldest brother's wife is a good case study. She even tried disrespecting my mum in her presence by asking my immediate elder brother to leave the house.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Acidosis(m): 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
Princewell2012:
grin Ha grin grin bros na joke I dey o
sad sad
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
freecocoa:

The nerves, she even called your brother to bring back some stuffs, OP e be like say your wife no get respect for you o.

This! The audacity is beyond me. A younger brother's wife calling her older brother Inlaw to bring back things her husband gave! Chai. May we not see affliction that will warrant such insults. The wife needs serious mature handling. And it is the husband's job to do that. No beating and cruelty. But firm talk and action.

5 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by mondaypaul77(m): 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
I will ask her to go if she is not comfortable with it. Nonsenseopportunist

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Odunharry(m): 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
Acidosis:

I was raised in a peaceful nuclear family so I understand the meaning of marriage. OP married the wrong person, he ignored the warning signs. Its as simple as ABC.

Did you read where the wife finds it easy to help her OWN sisters, but the sight of her husband assisting her brother in law drives her craz.y?

Your anti-men principles should not becloud your ability to rationally analyse issues.

Saying "this is not a big deal" is not proper please. How did you arrive at "she loves hanging on old stuffs"? Is the property hers? The marriage is barely 1 year, what is she hanging on please? What is old about an electronic she didn't buy with her money?

@OP, Please put that woman in her place. Such a woman does not deserve to know how, where and when you spend your hard earned money. It is your money, your property and how you use it on your brother is not her business.

If you ignore your brother, trust me another helper will locate him but one thing is certain: NOTHING is PERMANENT.
Acid God bless you for this observation

2 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by 4C2215131: 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
stonemasonn:
OK, as an advice to the OP in this situation where should he (the OP) work on his self?

In all honesty, I can't actually comment on that given the limited case file ( he spoke about his spouse mostly). I do not know him entirely and it'd be unfair to attempt to make an in-depth profile of his person.

The conclusions I drew about him in my post were derived ones. I made calculated guesses with regard to his person judging by the way he went about the whole issue. But if I am to hazard a recommendation, it'd be what folks have been harping on; he should toe a firmer stance with regards to his significant other.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by dederocs(m): 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
oga u be mugu,women full everywhere,abi dem tie u rope with her?

marriage no be do or die,if its not working kick her out-she is a wicked soul.
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by 4C2215131: 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
freecocoa:
Oh! Well, sounded a lot like we were having a conversation, not restricting whenever cares to join in, of course I understand that you weren't trying to preach to me per se, my reply was just saying I share the same belief.

Don't get it twisted, like they would say, we cool bro. cheesy

Would have couched my post in the appropriate terms to denote I was addressing anyone who cared to read but I guess I was just being lazy. Will do that henceforth even if it is in a reply to your post just so we don't get it "twisted" eh?

But this one is for you o!
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Odunharry(m): 12:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
cococandy:
Don't stop helping your brother please. Mtchew.
right thinking person... 1000 likes

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by EmmyUrch: 12:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
yemi16:
I courted her for about 1yr..before we got married 6months ago..
Meanwhile while courting, she had told me she left her former relationship because the guy she dated then was like the breadwinner to his family catering for all his siblings and she felt quite uncomfortable with it....

I didnt read much to it coz in my mind it happended to my favour and i already have a well to-do siblings...as at my courtship period though...

Shortly before we got married, my elder brother who also just had a baby lost his job....and i had to support him and his family on a need basis especially with their little cute baby boy growing but i noticed my my then fiancee didnt just like it at all....

After we got married....i got a great job with this good pay and was very comfortable....meanwhile my brother search for job was to no avail....and his wife was on maternity leave.
Truth be told bro. You have marrried a Jezebel. U see ur wife will cause wicked hatred between you and ur family ery soon. That you married her doesnt mean you should kick out ur blood brother in need knowing fully well that ur brothers are not pushovers. its jst a little misfortune they encountered. My brother u had better cut down ur wifes wings now or watch her turn ur family into a war zone soon. You are d man n stand as a man. she shouldnt control u. Women shouldnt be given chances atal in a marriage. Put them in their righful place and position. Dnt even take some descions with her.
u had better start acting as a man early now before its too late
To cut long story short, each time my brother comes to me for help....and i send him money, my wife complains that i larvish my money on my brother...that he should go and get a job and not rely on me always...we would quarrel seriously for days/weeks before time eventually settles things...

Just last few days ago....we were relocating to a new area within town and i called my brother to pick up a few stuffs (electronics, household items) i know i wouldnt or i planned replacing with a new one......He came and picked them up as i had informed him....After he left, my wife let hell loose....she went completely mad and we had a big quareel...she even called my brother to return a few stuffs he took even when i already bought the replacements...

I am used to going back to her to apologize just to let peace reign ...but this time i have had it upto my neck..!!!!...
I dont intend apologizing one bit as i am sure i did her no wrong......

Now i am thinking deeply.....did i really overlooked the signs...?...did i really marry the wrong lady??....

Please i need your advise on how best to manage this...

Admin..pls help to update this on fp..i really need lots of advice at the moment.

Thanks.
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by freecocoa(f): 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
4C2215131:

Would have couched my post in the appropriate terms to denote I was addressing anyone who cared to read but I guess I was just being lazy. Will do that henceforth even if it is in a reply to your post just so we don't get it "twisted" eh?

But this one is for you o!
You still don't get it, there is nothing wrong with your post, I guess you have a problem with the phrase 'preaching to the choir ", you don't have to, not in this case as it's only me agreeing with you.

Also seems you don't remember quoting me with the said comment.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by 100Cents: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
yemi16:
I courted her for about 1yr..before we got married 6months ago..
Meanwhile while courting, she had told me she left her former relationship because the guy she dated then was like the breadwinner to his family catering for all his siblings and she felt quite uncomfortable with it....

I didnt read much to it coz in my mind it happended to my favour and i already have a well to-do siblings...as at my courtship period though...

Shortly before we got married, my elder brother who also just had a baby lost his job....and i had to support him and his family on a need basis especially with their little cute baby boy growing but i noticed my my then fiancee didnt just like it at all....

After we got married....i got a great job with this good pay and was very comfortable....meanwhile my brother search for job was to no avail....and his wife was on maternity leave.

To cut long story short, each time my brother comes to me for help....and i send him money, my wife complains that i larvish my money on my brother...that he should go and get a job and not rely on me always...we would quarrel seriously for days/weeks before time eventually settles things...

Just last few days ago....we were relocating to a new area within town and i called my brother to pick up a few stuffs (electronics, household items) i know i wouldnt or i planned replacing with a new one......He came and picked them up as i had informed him....After he left, my wife let hell loose....she went completely mad and we had a big quareel...she even called my brother to return a few stuffs he took even when i already bought the replacements...

I am used to going back to her to apologize just to let peace reign ...but this time i have had it upto my neck..!!!!...
I dont intend apologizing one bit as i am sure i did her no wrong......

Now i am thinking deeply.....did i really overlooked the signs...?...did i really marry the wrong lady??....

Please i need your advise on how best to manage this...

Admin..pls help to update this on fp..i really need lots of advice at the moment.

Thanks.

How much is this your wife earning per month ? Check !

Now tell me, if you leave your office to do a deposit or ATM transfer to your brother's account even if weekly, how will your wife know ? Is it after broadcasting it to her, you come here to rant.

Brother, learn wisdom..

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by 100Cents: 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
afilaka:
I don't like ladies dat ar like that,she must be a stingy and selfish person,u shuld caution her and make her to understand dat no1 s above the trials of life n ur bro s just passing tru his bt al shall pass. Bible sayz itz more bless to give dan receive.

Is that what the bible says ?
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by 100Cents: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
yemi16:

Yea..that is the only problem i have with her...but its a big one for me and i dont see myself not thinking/talking about it...i want a united and peaceful extended family...thanks for the advice though!

Funny dude..
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Jay5000(m): 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
OP;
Two things...

First, You sound like a sissy.
Secondly, the fact that her reason for breaking up with her ex didn't raise a red flag speaks volumes of the way you think, and so it is not a surprise that you ended up with a woman like that.
You need to take control of your life.
Call her to order.
If she cannot submit, send her packing.
God will understand.
After all, He permitted divorce in the days of Moses and our days are no less evil.
Or are you seriously planning to put up with this woman for the rest of your long life?
If so, good luck.
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
yemi16:

I might be soft but really i cant help it....its just 6months into our marriage, its not so easy to go real hard so early....
thanks anyway for the advice.
ifeomaekol:
Op yes u married d wrong woman simple. Our wealth shuld be used to help humanity, and if she cnt understand dt u hv to help ur brother, then she's bad. This is wat to do---- do nt tell her wen u wnt to give any of ur family member anything, jux do it on ur own. Rem dt dia is a blessing attached to those who give, my brother u dnt kw tomrw, so make sure u give as long as u hv it to give. And be careful wt her, d truth is dt u r yet to see oda characters of hers dt she hid during courtship, bt bck urself up wt prayer, d lord ll see u through.
yemi16:

I might be soft but really i cant help it....its just 6months into our marriage, its not so easy to go real hard so early....
thanks anyway for the advice.
op you are a good Man. Don't stop helping not only your people but outsiders if need be. Always remember the world is a round table.

like IFEOMA said, put your wife into prayers.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by 4C2215131: 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
freecocoa:
You still don't get it, there is nothing wrong with your post, I guess you have a problem with the phrase 'preaching to the choir ", you don't have to, not in this case as it's only me agreeing with you.

Also seems you don't remember quoting me with the said comment.

I get it perfectly. Was just explaining to you why it may have sounded like I was addressing you given that I quoted you and made use of personal pronouns ( would have fared better using collective ones). Was just trying to make light of the whole thang. I know we're in sync (at least with regards to this palaver). Maybe I don't know how to tell a joke.
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by freecocoa(f): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
4C2215131:

I get it perfectly. Was just explaining to you why it may have sounded like I was addressing you given that I quoted you and made use of personal pronouns ( would have fared better using collective ones). Was just trying to make light of the whole thang. I know we're in sync (at least with regards to this palaver). Maybe I don't know how to tell a joke.
Hahaha, okay then.

Seriously though, I just feel like confronting the OP's wife. grin
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by 4C2215131: 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
freecocoa:
Hahaha, okay then.

Seriously though, I just feel like confronting the OP's wife. grin

Will take the bold step some day and time dem knots but in the meantime, really doing some real research, troubleshooting and whatnot. Don't want to end up with a lemon or knucklehead for a spouse.

I'm sure given the comments, the OP sure has an idea on what to do by now. If he doesn't, its signed sealed and delivered to the cleaners for him.
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by nezer83: 12:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
Mindfulness:
Is it the only problem you have with her? If the answer is yes, then ignore it. Go silent on her and do not even bother to think about it.
I say it because it seems to me that you two are quite comfortable and because I believe that there are situations where our siblings need and deserve our help and you are doing the needful without depriving your own family of anything necessary.

If your wife has other attributes that are pleasing you, then it is enough. Nobody is perfect.
I don't agree with you sir, his wife attitude towards his siblings is just disgusting and unwarranted. That he married her does not stop him from helping his siblings and this how some wife sow bad seed between brothers. @OP you ignored the signs and signed the contract, well its a cross you have to carry. All you need is wisdom so that your home and relationship with your siblings is not destroyed. God help you.
Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by freecocoa(f): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
4C2215131:

Will take the bold step some day and time dem knots but in the meantime, really doing some real research, troubleshooting and whatnot. Don't want to end up with a lemon or knucklehead for a spouse.

I'm sure given the comments, the OP sure has an idea on what to do by now. If he doesn't, its signed sealed and delivered to the cleaners for him.
I'm telling you o, that's one of the worst things that can happen to a person, marrying a knucklehead that is, the troubleshooting and whatnot is really important.

I fear that the OP's wife will not be easy to live with, especially if he's going to keep helping people, I mean this chick left a man for helping his folks, I just hope she adjusts sha but people like her, hardly ever change in the real sense of the word, I wish him all the luck he can get.

1 Like

Re: Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? by sunsewa: 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
she showed u the sign before u married her,u made a mistake by marrying her after what she told abt her last af

fair, though might not be the real issues that ended the affair,my advice,don't apologize, confront her headlong on the issue and don't soft pedal,is a Battle u must fight for her to be submissive,her type needs it especially considering she has the mind to call ur brother to bring back those stuff,too early for her to have such mind,moreover who knows tomorrow, that ur brother might be of help in one thing or the other,am 10years in marriage now with 4kids,at least I have encountered so many of that,but I have to keep love one side to tackle the issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid / Widow Banished For Having Sex On Late Husband’s Bed In Ebonyi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.