Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,149 members, 7,863,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:06 AM

Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike (2459 Views)

Nigerians React To Buhari's Indefinite Medical Trip To London / N200bn Unpaid Salaries: Federal Civil Servants Threaten Indefinite Strike / Nasarawa: NLC-TUC Declared Indefinite Strike Over 50% Salary Cut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by TheArchangel(f): 8:25am On Feb 18, 2016
wallex1983:
Doctors and nurses can never be in the same category. We should get that into our skull.

Nurses even have better and more off duties. How many do doctors have? As a doctor, you work all thru the day, do midnight call and still work the second day. How many nurse ever do that? Even during the day, it's 2 shifts for nurses.

And for closing early, that happens mostly with consultants. CNOs and matrons also close for the day only to return next day. No night shift.

It's like a library staff saying he wants to become a VC.
Hahaha. I laugh.
How about consultants that resume by one and close by one thirty. How many consultants are often on call but they are receiving nothing less than six hundred thousand per month. Don't get me started. You can only deceive people who dosen't work in the hospital.

Johesu's demands has nothing to do with the doctors, so what's the physician's beef here? I just don't get it.
Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by TheArchangel(f): 8:37am On Feb 18, 2016
chukel:
is the above stated reasonable? How do they know the specific pay that is the right of doctors. They have constituted themselves to national salaries wages and income commission to stipulate what a doctor should go home with. Is this not pure envy. Let's bring common sense reasoning into this. Please how do you want a doctor and cleaner or driver or lab scientist to be treated alike or in same manner? I'm not degrading any profession but everybody has limits. It's just like saying an office clerk should be treated same way as the director, paid same salary and allowances. In which sane clime is that obtainable. This is the time to disband JOHESU. It was formed with no productive cut out aim than to gang up against doctors. Else why would an association be formed with membership of all groups of workers in the hospital with the exception of doctors?
This analogues are the problems we have in the health sector. An office clerk is not a professional and the hierarchical structure of a management system in question differs to what is obtainable in the health system. This is a system that is made up of different well trained professionals, doctors by the virtue of the additional one year of their training compared to other health professions in Nigeria are made to lord it over others which is not what is seen in other developed countries especially UK/ US. Research on the health organograms of other developed countries in the world and you will be amazed.
Your analogue should be related to the working relationship between architect, engineers, builders etc. They all have roles to play and each of the roles are supported by the others when in play and Vice versa.
Nobody can disband the Union except the groups that formed it. It is NMA nemesis and NMA is it's nemesis.

1 Like

Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by TheArchangel(f): 8:43am On Feb 18, 2016
chukel:
even amongst themselves, there is strife and division. Which one is graduate nurse. The condition of service of nurses in Nigeria cannot be the worst in the world. You need to go to Kenya or central African Republic or Congo. That said, condition of service of almost all profession in Nigeria is bad when you compare with developed nations.
Do you have any idea what conditions of service is.? Are you a civil servant? Conditions of service means a different thing in civil service.
Kenya's nurses have it good more than with we have in Nigeria. Ever heard of clinical officers?
Graduate nurses....come on....you should know this na...these are university nursing graduate.
Condition of service for nursing in not well structured in Nigeria....it is in the pipeline though for either a unified scheme of service or a separate well organised scheme of service for nurses.
Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by TheArchangel(f): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2016
Sctests:

I'm already outside my little man. Canberra to be precise. Here we are called Medical Scientists, after my internship and Nysc, I sent my evaluated qualification down to Aussie before writing the AUSTRALIAN INSTITITE OF MEDICAL SCIENTIST licensure exams.
https://www.aims.org.au/

Nomenclature may be country-dependent but global functions remains the same, in UK and Ghana it's Biomedical Scientist, in Norway it's Biogenior, in the US it's Clinical lab Scientist/Clinical Scientist, In Nigeria it's Medical lab Scientist/Scientist. The functions remains the same from investigations, result interpretation down to clinical experiments and research. Some may go on to specialize in Forensics and even Clinical Embryology. The profession is a dynamic one in civilized countries even though you guys think a ceiling should be placed over it.
I am always glad when i see this sweet escape to a better place.
How is Aussie for nurses? How tough is the immigration.?

1 Like

Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by urbanmonk: 9:56am On Feb 18, 2016
wallex1983:
Doctors and nurses can never be in the same category. We should get that into our skull.

Nurses even have better and more off duties. How many do doctors have? As a doctor, you work all thru the day, do midnight call and still work the second day. How many nurse ever do that? Even during the day, it's 2 shifts for nurses.

And for closing early, that happens mostly with consultants. CNOs and matrons also close for the day only to return next day. No night shift.

It's like a library staff saying he wants to become a VC.
sorry. Your analogy is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by chukel(m): 10:04am On Feb 18, 2016
TheArchangel:
Do you have any idea what conditions of service is.? Are you a civil servant? Conditions of service means a different thing in civil service.
Kenya's nurses have it good more than with we have in Nigeria. Ever heard of clinical officers?
Graduate nurses....come on....you should know this na...these are university nursing graduate.
Condition of service for nursing in not well structured in Nigeria....it is in the pipeline though for either a unified scheme of service or a separate well organised scheme of service for nurses.
I know exactly what I meant when I mentioned graduate nurses. Even in your nursing profession, u guys discriminate against those who only attended school of nursing but not graduates of nursing fro the university.! They do the same work as graduate nurses but don't receive same pay. Why then do you want a nurse to receive same measure as doctor. You are even fighting yourselves within yet fight for the exact opposite thing without. I wish you have been to these countries I mentioned. Mind you, conditions of service cover both welfare and terms of reference. Go check out their terms of reference and see how u guys are flexing.
Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by chukel(m): 10:11am On Feb 18, 2016
TheArchangel:
This analogues are the problems we have in the health sector. An office clerk is not a professional and the hierarchical structure of a management system in question differs to what is obtainable in the health system. This is a system that is made up of different well trained professionals, doctors by the virtue of the additional one year of their training compared to other health professions in Nigeria are made to lord it over others which is not what is seen in other developed countries especially UK/ US. Research on the health organograms of other developed countries in the world and you will be amazed.
Your analogue should be related to the working relationship between architect, engineers, builders etc. They all have roles to play and each of the roles are supported by the others when in play and Vice versa.
Nobody can disband the Union except the groups that formed it. It is NMA nemesis and NMA is it's nemesis.
y are cleaners, drivers, porters, admin staff etc part of johessu. You should take your fight as individual groups simple. What is this strike all about? Increase in pay. Y compare your pay with ours. U claim to be independent but still want to attach your benefits to ours.
Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by Sctests: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2016
TheArchangel:
I am always glad when i see this sweet escape to a better place.
How is Aussie for nurses? How tough is the immigration.?

Aussie is great for health pros generally, it's a long way from home ofcourse the flight ticket is very expensive. Came in on a student visa for a specialized course in my field (unlike US F-1 and Canadian student visa, working as a student in aussie isn't really a big issue) worked my way to a work visa. Now discussing with Immigration lawyers on how best to ride the complex aussie immigration proceedures for a Perm residency. Though i miss home a lot, it's been worth all the hassles.

1 Like

Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by TheArchangel(f): 11:39am On Feb 18, 2016
chukel:
I know exactly what I meant when I mentioned graduate nurses. Even in your nursing profession, u guys discriminate against those who only attended school of nursing but not graduates of nursing fro the university.! They do the same work as graduate nurses but don't receive same pay. Why then do you want a nurse to receive same measure as doctor. You are even fighting yourselves within yet fight for the exact opposite thing without. I wish you have been to these countries I mentioned. Mind you, conditions of service cover both welfare and terms of reference. Go check out their terms of reference and see how u guys are flexing.
You argue like a student and I don't have time to iron things out here.
Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by chukel(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
TheArchangel:
You argue like a student and I don't have time to iron things out here.
the rants of a defeated fellow. You have no facts to back up your foo. lish strike
Re: Johesu Threatens Indefinite Strike by TheArchangel(f): 12:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
chukel:
the rants of a defeated fellow. You have no facts to back up your foo. lish strike
You grabbed the bait with both hands. Talk about consolidation of my thoughts. The facts are there and glaring and I have been arguing about Johesu/NMA feud since it's inception more than half a decade ago.
So swerve. Got no time for juvenile tantrums.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

To Forgive Terrorists Is Upto God, My Job Is To Send Them To God -Gen Buratai / Buhari Angry With CBN Over New Policy / Photos: Pres. Buhari Children Host A Dinner Party To Celebrate Their Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.