Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! (1364 Views)

Relationship These Days Is So Boring ! / Do We Still Have Ladies That Kissing Does'nt Interest Them? / Wife Cries Out About Her Husband Who Does'nt Admire Her Sweet Undies Before Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
This is a very disturbing feat these days, every now and then you hear news of broken marriages, cheating, and lack of commitment.
During the olden days when the process of marrying a wife was quite diffrent and achaic they stil last longer and hardly divorce, bt these days we have marriages breaking before it even begins and what have you.
So ladies and gentlemen what do you think is the cause of failed marriages in this present time. . .?
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
Cheating partners
Aggressive wives
Constant nagging between partners.
Domestic violence.
Irreconcilable difference.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by kestino(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
Na wa o,
This ur question xo, I remember it came out during Jamb 1987, question 62, In Civic education.
Xo if you ask me, the matter for ground, na who I go ask?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Aristotle96(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
Only ur English sev for the title fit make marriage scatter cry

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
Love Machine:
Cheating partners
Aggressive wives
Constant nagging between partners.
Domestic violence.
Irreconcilable difference.

No woman is ever aggressive if not been triggered by d man
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by chigoizie7(m): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
because we are always looking for what we will gain and not what we can give. (selfishness)

Marriage is meant to be selfless.

Both men and women are guilty of this, but our women are in high proportion owing to their love for materialism.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:
because we are always looking for what we will gain and not what we can give. (selfishness)

Marriage is meant to be selfless.

Both men and women are guilty of this, but our women are in high proportion owing to their love for materialism.

materialism ko commensalism ni
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by chigoizie7(m): 12:56pm On Feb 18, 2016
sickstars:

materialism ko commensalism ni

More of parasitic from female folkx.

Don't mention me again, maka ipia gi utari mmuo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
You really want to know?? I will tell you!!

Too much of Hollywood films and trying to copy American lifestyle.

I heard a girl saying... "Why should I be in a Marriage that I am uncomfortable with" that was when I knew we are in for a long thing in this Generation!

If it were when being Divorced was a Bad as committing Adultery with the chief priest, people of nowadays will know that Marriage is sweeter as the years roll by.!!

Source: My Mum.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:

More of parasitic from female folkx.

Don't mention me again, maka ipia gi utari mmuo

excuse me?

Did i insult u?
Hain
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by divinehand2003(m): 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
Money is the root of all evils even in marriage.
If the man has money, he becomes a womanizer, if he is poor, he becomes a nagging and insulting husband.
If the woman is richer, she looks down on the Husband. If she is jobless, then the man's daily activities becomes her assignment.
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by chigoizie7(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
sickstars:

excuse me?

Did i insult u?
Hain

Did I say otherwise?

I never said u did, just flow with the fun sweetheart.
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by cruzita(f): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
Because both of them don't really know what they want.Some marry out of lust thinking its love at the end they discover that they don't actually love him/her while some marry cos of material thing
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
chigoizie7:

Did I say otherwise?

I never said u did, just flow with the fun sweetheart.

Tank u
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 6:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
divinehand2003:
Money is the root of all evils even in marriage.
If the man has money, he becomes a womanizer, if he is poor, he becomes a nagging and insulting husband.
If the woman is richer, she looks down on the Husband. If she is jobless, then the man's daily activities becomes her assignment.

u are xo on point man
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 6:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
Aristotle96:

pls correct where am wrong einstein grin
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
Aristotle96:

pls correct me where am wrong einstein grin
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2016
kestino:
Na wa o,
This ur question xo, I remember it came out during Jamb 1987, question 62, In Civic education.
Xo if you ask me, the matter for ground, na who I go ask?

jst me thinkin out loud
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Smartguy001(m): 6:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
Deejay1000:
This is a very disturbing feat these days, every now and then you hear news of broken marriages, cheating, and lack of commitment.
During the olden days when the process of marrying a wife was quite diffrent and achaic they stil last longer and hardly divorce, bt these days we have marriages breaking before it even begins and what have you.
So ladies and gentlemen what do you think is the cause of failed marriages in this present time. . .?

Two pilot in one ship...wot a man can do a women can do beta shocked , civilization, men getting too careless....
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 6:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
Smartguy001:

Two pilot in one ship...wot a man can do a women can do beta shocked , civilization, men getting too careless....

yea bro, btw how come marriages olden days last longer whn there was'nt actualy love attached to it
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by kateskitty(f): 7:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
Lack of forgiveness. No body gets it right.
For example:
If he/she cheats will you forgive, NO
If he/she spends your money until you both broke do you forgive and continue to stay in the marriage, NO
If children are not coming do you forgive and understand that it's nobody's fault, NO
Forgiveness is the reset button of marriage that when things start to go crazy or not the way you want it to, if used can take you back to the beginning when you meet your spouse and a fresh start.
But people don't like to use this reset button and allow things to get crazy enough until there is no turning back.
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Smartguy001(m): 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
Deejay1000:

yea bro, btw how come marriages olden days last longer whn there was'nt actualy love attached to it

Der was no love yeah, but strict rule in each community against certain behavior n grave consequences if u violent dem n wit time dey loved demselves, but church don come nah, am not saying is bad, but it created too much slack for women n men 2 misbehave witout consequences undecided ...dats wot brought us here oyibo lifestyle
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 7:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
Smartguy001:

Der was no love yeah, but strict rule in each community against certain behavior n grave consequences if u violent dem n wit time dey loved demselves, but church don come nah, am not saying is bad, but it created too much slack for women n men 2 misbehave witout consequences undecided ...dats wot brought us here oyibo lifestyle

the simple fact is the more civilized we are, the more morally corrupt we become...
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 7:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
kateskitty:
Lack of forgiveness. No body gets it right.
For example:
If he/she cheats will you forgive, NO
If he/she spends your money until you both broke do you forgive and continue to stay in the marriage, NO
If children are not coming do you forgive and understand that it's nobody's fault, NO
Forgiveness is the reset button of marriage that when things start to go crazy or not the way you want it to, if used can take you back to the beginning when you meet your spouse and a fresh start.
But people don't like to use this reset button and allow things to get crazy enough until there is no turning back.

i totally agree wit you. They cnt be forgivenes without love thouqh .
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Smartguy001(m): 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2016
Deejay1000:

the simple fact is the more civilized we are, the more morally corrupt we become...

Yea civilization creating too much slacks undecided
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by kateskitty(f): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
Deejay1000:

i totally agree wit you. They cnt be forgivenes without love thouqh .
When you really love somebody, you will forgive them their shortcomings. You forgive because you love. The two go together.
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
kateskitty:

When you really love somebody, you will forgive them their shortcomings. You forgive because you love.

truth, most marriages these days are nt centered at love ..bt other tinz
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Aristotle96(m): 7:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
U could have used why doesn't marriages last long this days... D do and doesn't u used was jess like Biafra and APC dey keep causing wahala grin
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by SexyCeline(f): 9:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
Blame it on 9ja men. They seem to be only interested in sex and not true luv.
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by publicenemy(m): 10:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
Deejay1000:

because ur written English is a disaster.
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
publicenemy:

correct my errors then
Re: Why Do Marriages Does'nt Last These Days !!! by Deejay1000(m): 9:51am On Feb 19, 2016
publicenemy:

yea bro, correct me then

(1) (Reply)

Burial Poster Of The Man Stabbed To Death By His Lawyer Wife Surfaces Online / Best Way To Sleep In This Wheather / Watch How A Military Man Proposes To His Lover (video + Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.