Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? (7453 Views)

Poll: Should It Be?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Should Age Difference Affect Relationships? / Can Age Be A Barrier To Love And Marriage? / Can Age Be A Barrier In A Relationship???(matured Minds Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by sley4life(m): 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2009
common. what do u understand by african factor? Kip ur mouth shut if u dont understand that part. Go to the US and u will see a 1000001 men younger than their wife with a huge age diffr. If that happens here in 9ja u will b scold because we are fllw the foot steps of our fore fathers.
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by sweetpie23: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2009
fuc.k off would you. do you even know where I live? it could be that I live in the us.when you are talking, talk for yourself do not say African fool
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by sley4life(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2009
read ur last comment. Thats why i put it to u that the African factor is what makes most people think such cant work here. Even if u reside in alabama i dont care but the fact remains that it rarely happens in 9ja because of the african mentality
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Dammyray(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2009
na him peps be the palava what i think is that the difrence is too much
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by sweetpie23: 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2009
sley4life:

read ur last comment. Thats why i put it to u that the African factor is what makes most people think such cant work here. Even if u reside in alabama i dont care but the fact remains that it rarely happens in 9ja because of the african mentality
idiot like you, are people who are ashamed of their race
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by sley4life(m): 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2009
sweetpie23:

idiot like you, are people who are ashamed of their race

ure a fool. Who told u im not proud of my culture. Ure retard and as$hole
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by sley4life(m): 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2009
bitterpie u're slowpoke. Where in my post did i say im not proud of my race. Or saying african mentality implies im not proud of my race. U better go to the zoo
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Monicaa: 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2009
sley4life:

common. what do u understand by african factor? Kip ur mouth shut if u dont understand that part. Go to the US and u will see a 1000001 men younger than their wife with a huge age diffr. If that happens here in 9ja u will b scold because we are fllw the foot steps of our fore fathers.

It is very lame to compare Africa with the western world here. That is why they are allowed to marry themselves, men-to-men, women-women nd they would not be scolded, that is why the divorce rate is soo high compared to Africans nd most especially, it would be a different thing if it was the opposite, if it was the guy that was 49years and the woman 25 yrs younger. Don't you know women mature and age much much faster than men? Did you talk about fertilty, alot, be realistic here.

@ Eva2009, pls the age difference is too much for marriage, sooner or later it would break, we know everything, anything is possible with God but umm this one is very shaky. He is just 24 yrs, what does he know?5-10yrs from now, what would he be thinking?
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by sley4life(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2009
just givin an example y its a norm in 9ja where guys go for younger ladies, if u are 30yrs older than any1 u can get married to the person as long as but of u find love in urself
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Monicaa: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2009
sley4life:

just givin an example y its a norm in 9ja where guys go for younger ladies, if u are 30yrs older than any1 u can get married to the person as long as but of u find love in urself

No one said it is impossible but be realistic here. If it is a woman, that is different but a man?? 25 yrs older when he's 30 hmm
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by sweetpie23: 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2009
sley4life:

ure a fool. Who told u im not proud of my culture. Ure retard and as$hole
go and find the meaning of fool then you will know it fit you perfectly fatso
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by RuuDie(m): 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2009
shocked shocked shocked

Woow. . . . that age gap is MASSIVE - absolutely MAMMOTH; just too darn un-ignorable.

Truth be told, he's way too young to even know what he wants. . . . . . just cuz he can produce flashes of brilliance doesn't make him mature beyond his age. We're talking two different generations here and somehow, it just won't jell!
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by dean2725: 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2009
Frankly the age is way too much. Dont think it impossible to find a man close to ur age. BTW what type of r.ship do u want from him. While is not too bad satisfying your sexual zeal, it is not advisable IMO, marrying him. Godd luck!
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Rebarobyn: 6:38pm On Jul 11, 2009
Love knows no bounds, but be sure to know the guy's intentions, most guys that age love younger girls (but there are always exceptions), also prepare your minds for societal and family tussles, no one is going to accept it in the Nigerian society, there is nothing wrong with it if its genuine but our society has a very strong hold on our decisions. more important, be sure its worth all the trouble, you deserve all the happiness in the world!
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by ebunma: 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2009
Sincerely age got nothing to do with love but I think women are at disadvantage, who want to marry old women anyway?
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by agreement5(f): 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2009
Age is something that might matter but if u follow ur heart it will not matter because love concers all. cheesy
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by smatty: 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2009
Pls be mindful dt we are Africans. Don't be pushed by desperation into doing something foolish. U r old enough to b his mum. Pray sincerly 2 God 4 a partner and drop any repellants in ur life. Baba God can still do it 4 u. I feel 4 u.Cheers
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2009
Age should not be a barrier to love . Shikenna grin grin grin
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Esoheolotu(f): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2009
age doesnt matter BUT there's certainly a need to be moderate. the age difference is just tooooooo much. youre old enof to be his mum.
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Etin(f): 3:41am On Jul 13, 2009
Even by western standards the age gap is too much. I have some questions for you:

[list]
[li]What are you going to do when this man wants a child and you cant bear him one?[/li]
[li]What happens when you hit menopause in a short while and he is in his prime? [/li]
[li]What would you say if your son or younger brother was in this situation dating a woman almost 2 times their age or 24 year older ?[/li]
[li]Have you thought of yourself in 11 years time? You would be 60 years old a Pensioner and he would be in the Prime of his career at 34years at this point the receptionist would assume you are his mother! Are you ready for this? [/li]
[/list]

If you have no problem with any of the above then go ahead. Please note some people who have been arrested for statutory rape have less age gaps then the one mention here.
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Nezan(m): 9:52am On Jul 13, 2009
Esoheolotu:

age doesnt matter BUT there's certainly a need to be moderate. the age difference is just tooooooo much. youre old enof to be his mum.
Yes, make she no come spoil dat boy grin
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Eaglebabe: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2009
Did u say he is 25?How on earth can u be attracted to a boy of dt age?Are there no matured men any longer?I don't care how u see it,this is child abuse.If any of relations does this,l will announce his obituary and mourn him while he is still alife.Please the age gap is too much.Wait for the man of ur age that will appreciate u.GOOD LUCK.
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by opuro(m): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2009
if na 4 d shagging alone, no wahala otherwise you de kolo
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by TRACK: 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2009
Be serious. It will NEVER work out.Men shy from young crones in unserious relationships let alone to marry someone 25yrs older than them. His friend, family and society will frown at such marriage. I think you touted your self around him or showed insecurity to him as age is ticking and the guy wants to cash in and dupe you. Pray to God and do Hi will.
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by chikito1(f): 11:44am On Jul 14, 2009
So when the guy is 55 years that will make the poster 79. This will not work.
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Ravenal(f): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2009
Alright,
everyone keeps saying that age is nothing but a number, ok, I got that.

But in this type of society in which we live in it may be alright for a man to be older than his girlfriend, wife or whatever. But it's looked down upon when a woman is way older than the man that she's with[b].(Even though people don't tend to admit to it) undecided[/b]

Not that I'm saying the person shouldn't be with whomever they want to be with (age or not). All I'm saying is you should take a step back and think about the whole situation, instead of rushing into something that may not even last long.

But whatever you choose to do, I wish you luck! cheesy
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by sley4life(m): 12:08am On Jul 15, 2009
no!no!no!
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by Aceee: 7:06am On Jul 15, 2009
Hey, age is notin but an illusion, if u were told by ur mom dat there was a mistake on ur birth certificate and dat u're 20 years younga, wat would u do. Why should an illusion come between something that is real.
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by henryjames(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2009
age is just a number. it doesnt really count.
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by olagboye(m): 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2009
i think the age gap is too much but decision is up to you. Good luck!
Re: Should Age Be An Obstacle Between Two Lovers? by samshoz(m): 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2009
I am of the opinion dat we attend seminars, conferences etc 'cos no one is an island of knowledge, lets learn from who are making progress in their lovelives.

My take on this topic is "If ur heart carries it" then why not coninue but if u are not convinced or determined, pple will use mouth or verbal weapon to destroy ur lovelife choice or decision.

Pple wil always say wat they want about age being an obstacle but it works for some lovers. The choice u make is personal, it might work for u & maybe against someone else, take ur time & make ur choice, wit d Lord's blessing, mutual understaning, it wil work out well!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Woman Of 41 Can Never Hold On To A Young Boy Of 25: Agree? / This Post Is Sure To Provoke Many Ladies To Anger, I Apologise In Advance!! / Lady Shares Before And After Photos, Reveals Secret Behind Her Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.