Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,302 members, 7,846,345 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari (1777 Views)

Buhari Sacks Health Agencies Dgs / N500Billion For The Poor In 2016 Budget Retained By Lawmakers (photo) / How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari by IlajeGal1: 6:42am On Feb 19, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

Earlier this week, President Muhammadu Buhari approved the disengagement of 26 Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of some parastatals, agencies and commissions who were appointed by erstwhile president Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. It is worthy of note that the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress(APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun had shortly after the disengagement said the sacked CEOs were still working for PDP, hence the decision by Mr. President. Some of the CEOs have also been fingered in corruption-related issues. Below, Dawn-To-Dusk News profiles key CEOs that Jonathan appointed but Buhari may have been retained for their competency, track record, and transparency.

1) Barr. Segun Awolowo,Jr. - Chief Executive Officer/Director-General of the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC). Barr. Segun( Awolowo's grandson) is VP Yemi Osinbajo's brother-in-law. Osinbajo is married to Awolowo's granddaughter Dolapo
2) Mr. Godwin Emefiele - Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN)
3) Mrs. Sally Mbanefo - Director-General, Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation(NTDC)
4) Mr. Ayo Oke - Director-General of National Intelligence Agency(NIA)
5) Mrs. Chinelo Anohu-Amazu - Director-General, National Pension Commission (PENCOM)
6) Mr. Boboye Oyeyemi - Chief Executive, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC)
7) Mrs. Uju Aisha Hassan Baba - Executive Secretary, Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC)
8 Mrs. Joy Bob-Manuel - Executive Secretary, Legal Aid Council of Nigeria
9) Mr. Peters Adewale - Director-General, Administrative Staff College of Nigeria
10) Mr. John Opara - Executive Secretary, Nigerian Christian Welfare Pilgrims Commission
11) Mr. Tony Salle Kyunni -Executive Secretary, Code of Conduct Bureau
12) Mr. Bello Mahmud - Registrar-General, Corporate Affairs Commission
13) Dr. Tahir Mamman - Director-General, Council Of Legal Education
14) Dr. Olakunle Osunyikanmi - Director- General, Technical Aid Corps (TAC)
15) Mr. Eli Bala - Director-General, Energy Commission Of Nigeria
16) Engr. Saleh Dunoma - Managing-Director, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN)
17) Barr. J. A. Rex-Ogbuku - Executive Secretary, Federal Character Commission
18) Hajiya B. A Bashir - Executive Secretary, Federal Judicial Service Commission (FJSC)
19) Prof. Monday Tommy Joshua - Registrar/Chief Executive Officer (CEO), National Examinations Council (NECO)
20) Emeritus Prof. Dibu Ojerinde - - Registrar/Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Joint Admissions Examination Board(JAMB)

http://dawntodusknews.com/20-of-jonathans-appointed-dgsceos-retained-by-president-buhari/

Re: 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari by teniyi(m): 6:46am On Feb 19, 2016
This is why we have to respect PMB.
Re: 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari by phemmyutd(m): 6:49am On Feb 19, 2016
I hope the wailers will not say they are Northerner .

1 Like

Re: 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari by Caseless: 6:57am On Feb 19, 2016
Fire them all pls. They all suffer from the disease we call yamnesia or yamiosis

1 Like

Re: 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari by Caseless: 7:02am On Feb 19, 2016
phemmyutd:
I hope the wailers will not say they are Northerner .
they are all northerners! Wailers aka iPod or black Jews , or children of victimization and marginalization will soon get here with their offensive cry.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 19, 2016
What about inspector- general of police
Re: 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari by jahsharon: 7:33am On Feb 19, 2016
Thank you very much for the reminder. I shall pass the list to the frog eyed Jagaban of Africa the slayer of the ineffectual buffoon for onward submission to Bubu. They all must go, we cannot continue to have saboteurs and looters in this government. Only our inlaw Segun Awolowo will remain.

Kola, Kola, Kola, you no dey hear me? Bring me my phone, I want to call the Jagaban and book an appointment with him, I should be at Tinubu's residence at 26 Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi in the next 20 minutes. Okada man, please stop there, come take me to Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi. I don't need to take my bath or brush my teeth, I will do that when I return from the Jagaba's house.

saboteurs and looters have no place in this government. All Jonathan's appointees must go and also clear their name with EFCC.
Re: 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari by skademzy(m): 7:39am On Feb 19, 2016
Bureaucratic beougeorsies. They have technical knowledge about the ministry and can frustrate any policy of the government that contradict their personal interest... Bunch of individuals that cannot function well in a sane society... #LetTheWeedingContinue
Re: 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari by Elose11(m): 7:43am On Feb 19, 2016
Those are some of those that rode on the magnanimity of PDP to help APC to power. In other words, they have always been APC members.
By the way, you forgot Professor Julius Okojie, Executive Secretary, National University Commission
Re: 20 Of Jonathan's Appointed DGs/CEOs Retained By President Buhari by kenben: 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
This list is in no way exhaustive. We have well over 300 fully functional agencies of government lead by appointees of President Goodluck Jonathan. President buhari needs to urgently sack many more.

(1) (Reply)

How Not To Keep Nigeria One- Femi Fani-kayode / Is He The Best Performing Governor In Nigeria ? / See What A Man Who Supported Buhari B4 Wrote Abt GEJ,Buhari & Kemi Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.