Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,596 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Matters - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Matters (5823 Views)

7 Reasons Nigerian Ladies Are Desperate To Get Married / Couple Get Married Two Months After Meeting Each Other. See Photos / When Two Nl Addicts Eventually Get Married... (Pics..) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matters by Crystallss: 8:49am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by maverickdude(m): 8:58am On Feb 21, 2016
Hmmm....mayb u have to sit him down and talk wt him abt t again,it does nt bode well when to-be couples disagrees on smthings like these

My opinion tho
Re: Matters by Crystallss: 9:01am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by vizkiz: 9:04am On Feb 21, 2016
In marriage it's not just about one man's decision, you both have to plan how the future will be designed.

If you feel you can live like that(him taking the decisions alone without seeking for or listening to your opinion) for thee rest of your life, then continue with the wedding.
Re: Matters by Crystallss: 9:06am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by ednut1(m): 9:09am On Feb 21, 2016
if u cannot submit to his desires dont marry him . look for some else to avoid stories dat touch. at 23 u still hv time to develop ur self nd plan. not jumping into marriage dat is doomed ab initio

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matters by Crystallss: 9:11am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by Crystallss: 9:15am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by jaymejate: 9:15am On Feb 21, 2016
To be frank,

That's why courtship is important. When you'll get to know yourself more, disagree to agree but must reach a compromise. But in a situation whereby you are disagreeing only to keep disagreeing, pls think well. If you get married also, these little thing can scatter a marriage.
It's better you go for who you will understand or will understand you. Or better still, submit to him and do whatever he decides.

In conclusion
1... Obey him and do what he wants, if you want to go on with him.
2... If you can't cope with that, abscond.
Are you sure no be money you de see or Love?
Re: Matters by Crystallss: 9:19am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by vizkiz: 9:21am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:

I told him that since we cant have everything we want we have to compromise but he said i should stop contending with him as the man and im supposed to agree with his decisions not query them.

lol, sorry to break the news to you sister, you are going to be a slave to him for the rest of your life. Better you do what's the best for you

5 Likes

Re: Matters by ednut1(m): 9:21am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:
do you think im being unreasonable? And what is the probability that i will meet someone else that wants what i want too?
u have a right to desire wat u want. bt u shud know marriage favours d man and as a pastor's son he expects d biblical submission. ur jst 23 u still hv time. marry him o and u knw u wont be happy . ur choice to make
Re: Matters by Kingsasian(m): 9:22am On Feb 21, 2016
ednut1:
if u cannot submit to his desires dont marry him . look for some else to avoid stories dat touch. at 23 u still hv time to develop ur self nd plan. not jumping into marriage dat is doomed ab initio
excellent! Op, listen to this poster
Re: Matters by jaymejate: 9:23am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:

I can assure you that its not money cos even with the little i make it is still more than what his dad pays him. Plus im not materialistic. I dont ask him for money or fuss about gifts. most times im the one giving gifts and recharging his phone although he tries to pay me back but i dont allow him do that.

Sister, if his dream were not yours, Simply means you're not compatible. He isn't dreaming high and you are.
Hope you understand? Think well o.

NL won't give you the total advice, go and see the marriage counselor of your church or any marriage minister. Marriage na for life o, be careful

3 Likes

Re: Matters by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:

We have been trying to settle this since last year. I even gathered the courage to talk to his dad abt it last year and he said i am just looking for excuses not to get married. This is not true. I was just stating my concerns but was misunderstood and Required to go for 3 days deliverance which i did because i didnt want to cause any trouble.

Why did you go for deliverance? Was it because of the misunderstanding, who advised you to do that...

Let the marriage wait till you can convince yourself you share in his goals

6 Likes

Re: Matters by Crystallss: 9:29am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by Crystallss: 9:32am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by jaymejate: 9:33am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:
Im scared of breaking up. What if i regret my actions later if i cant find someone else to love and by the time i realize that he already has someone else? On the other hand what if we do get married and i get angry and fustrated later in life because i couldnt meet up with my goals. I dont want to make a mistake that will hunt me the rest of my life sad cry

Anuty, don't you get? This man doesn't welcome any of your idea!
And who told you that you Can't find anyone to love again? Are you that bad!?

4 Likes

Re: Matters by adren(m): 9:33am On Feb 21, 2016
dear crystallss,

he is not right for you..
if a man cannot allow you chase your dream as long as you can keep your home in one piece, then, don't let marriage tie you down with him..

you must love him this much because he deflowered you (i guess).. but u are 23, very young..

dump his sorry ass and move on.. other guys are in waiting.. we are now in a world where no one cares if you are a virgin or not.. so, hakuna matata..

let his family members call u names.. they are not God.. as long as your own family are ready to act in line with your own dreams..

i am quire sure that soon enough, after youarry him, he's going to force you to become a full housewife.. and even a pastor's wife coz he's gon inherit that church after his dad's demise..

i'd recommend you watch this movie " act like a lady, think like a man".. by steve harvey or get the book..

that should help u in making ur decision..

you dont wanna spend the next 50 years of your life in regrets!!

need more help??

quote me

7 Likes

Re: Matters by Crystallss: 9:37am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by jaymejate: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:
If i suggest postponing the marriage they will say im bringing up another issue. His dad made it clear that if we are not making any plans to get married this year then everyone should go their seperate ways

I agree with that!

3 Likes

Re: Matters by maverickdude(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:

We have been trying to settle this since last year. I even gathered the courage to talk to his dad abt it last year and he said i am just looking for excuses not to get married. This is not true. I was just stating my concerns but was misunderstood and Required to go for 3 days deliverance which i did because i didnt want to cause any trouble.
U even went for deliverance.....will u live d rest of ur life pleasing his family?? You ar nt ready for this nd tz obvious....itz nt jst abt him,its abt bth of you.4get abt wot his dad or pple wil say,ur happiness and conveniency matters.If u ar not convinced abt d marriage,pls dnt go ahead

4 Likes

Re: Matters by Crystallss: 9:48am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by shizzy7(f): 9:51am On Feb 21, 2016
You guys are not ready for marriage.

Marriage is a lifetime commitment, if you can not agree on your plans for the future, then you're are not ready. There are some things you shouldn't sacrifice for another oooo. .

Marriage is not supposed to be endured but enjoyed.

2 Likes

Re: Matters by Crystallss: 9:51am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:
his dad made the arrangements. He said i have the spirit of indecision because i dont want us to break up or live in agbarho

Tell them you have not made up your mind on when to get married, then they will call it quit.. if they so pleases
I doubt if you are ready to cope with all these for the rest of your life.
@ 23 indecision about marriage should not be seen as a spiritual problem that requires deliverance, maybe counseling would have been right
Re: Matters by adren(m): 9:55am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:

We have not had sex yet. We are waiting till marriage. That was the first thing his dad asked me when he introduced me to him 4 years ago. You are right about him inheriting the church. My mum told me that was bound to happen sooner or later since he is the only child left in this country and that could be the reason why he wants us to live there. He said he can let me go for a short course abroad as part of continuing education since im a nurse but he wont let me live there. My initial plan was to travel out to work and while i do that i can get to the peak of my career by getting my doctor of Nursing practice degree then come back to nigeria to start my private practice. I was estimatimg 5 to 7 years abroad within which we can have our children too and he agreed to this plan until recently when he changed everything.

babe.. something is fishy!!

call that relationship quit ASAP!!

BTW.. it is no longer a relatiinship.. it is a "one-man show"..

if you are not bold enough to work out or too emotional to understand your happiness is at stake here.. just drop a note and move ahead overnight..

no matter how ugly you are.. there is one man out there good for you.. and as long as u have "barca and chelsea", u go find suitor..

and u are a nurse.. ur good command of english makes me conclude beyond reasonable doubt that u are beautiful..

dump that guy.. or him papa and himself go finish you..

lalasticlala fit help you

3 Likes

Re: Matters by Crystallss: 10:00am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Matters by Smartguy001(m): 10:07am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:
do you think im being unreasonable? And what is the probability that i will meet someone else that wants what i want too?

Is he d only one in d whole world, wake up girl...
Re: Matters by jaymejate: 10:08am On Feb 21, 2016
adren:

babe.. something is fishy!!

call that relationship quit ASAP!!

BTW.. it is no longer a relatiinship.. it is a "one-man show"..

if you are not bold enough to work out or too emotional to understand your happiness is at stake here.. just drop a note and move ahead overnight..

no matter how ugly you are.. there is one man out there good for you.. and as long as u have "barca and chelsea", u go find suitor..

and u are a nurse.. ur good command of english makes me conclude beyond reasonable doubt that u are beautiful..

dump that guy.. or him papa and himself go finish you..

lalasticlala fit help you

grin
Guy, you don tok am finish.
But barca and Chelsea no de freak me. cheesy
Just be intelligent and submissive, lobatan!
Re: Matters by xendra: 10:10am On Feb 21, 2016
Crystallss:
Im scared of breaking up. What if i regret my actions later if i cant find someone else to love and by the time i realize that he already has someone else? On the other hand what if we do get married and i get angry and fustrated later in life because i couldnt meet up with my goals. I dont want to make a mistake that will hunt me the rest of my life sad cry
you sit down and carefully think this through. can you cope with all this for a long time? I would be more afraid of being with the wrong man. If you can then by all means, but if you can't then leave and don't look back. If he is lucky to find someone else that has a small dream like him that should not be your business. just make sure you are taking a decision that is right for you and don't leave room for regrets. Honestly nobody can promise you love in the future but I know there are always better things ahead. I can't begin to tell you my long story, but @23 I would have also ended up with the wrong person and @some point when he got married and I started to pay attention to people i regretted and thought I made a mistake until recently something happened that would make me grateful to God for the rest of my life......oh and guess what 3yrs latter I found love like I never Imagined...

Just know this
youdeservetobehappy

3 Likes

Re: Matters by Crystallss: 10:15am On Feb 21, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Date With A Boring Guy! / Matured Minds Only!!! How Long Do You Think S3X Is Actually Supposed To Last? / Have You Ever Benefited Anything From Being Handsome/beautiful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.