Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Ode To Goodluck - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ode To Goodluck (1073 Views)

Chaba Mark: My Apology To Goodluck Jonathan / Bingham University Awards Honorary Doctorate Degree To Goodluck Jonathan & Gowon / A Northerner's Emotional Facebook Message To Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ode To Goodluck by dominusgai(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
1. He built 150 almajiri schools yet Goodluck is bad.

2. He revived railway that was comatose for over 28yrs. Lagos-Kano route, Lagos-Southern Ogun air conditioned train route, Ajaokuta-Warri standard guage route, PH-Enugu airconditioned train route, PH-Maiduguri train route, Kaduna intra-city train routes, Makurdi-PH airconditioned train route, Abuja-Kaduna standard guage route. Work on Lagos-Ibadan standard guage route ongoing. And about to kick start Lagos-Calabar coastal railway route yet Goodluck is bad.

3. He established 12 federal universities yet Goodluck is bad.

4. Massive road reconstruction across the country (25000km). Benin-Ore road, Abuja-Lokoja expressway, Enugu-Abakaliki, Onitsha-Owerri road, Kaduna-Maiduguri road, East-West road, Parts of PH-Enugu road & Lagos-Ibadan 8-lane road ongoing yet Goodluck is bad.

5. Construction of 2nd Niger Bridge is ongoing yet Goodluck is bad.

6. He dredged River Niger yet Goodluck is bad.

7. Improved in power supply from 2500mw to 6000mw and implanted 10 new power plants yet Goodluck is bad.

8. He revived the automobile industry with the new automobile policy spurring Nissan & Hyundai e.t.c to assemble / produce cars in Nigeria and the emergence of Indigenous automobile company the INNOSON group now producing locally made in Nigeria cars, SUVs and trucks known as the IVM motors. First in the history of Nigeria, he joined the commodity of car manufacturing countries yet Goodluck is bad.

9. He remodelled airports to international standard, built five new airport terminals in PH, Lagos, Kano, Abuja &Enugu. First in the history of Nigeria, the East now have an international airport yet Goodluck is bad.

10. He signed Freedom of Information (FOI) bill that past leaders refused to sign yet Jonathan is bad.

11. He revamped the agricultural sector. Nigeria now the largest producer of cassava in the world with 45million metric tonnes - FAO, the largest exporter of cassava chips to China and have unprecedented 60% sufficient in rice production yet Goodluck is bad.

12. He gave women 35% affirmative to women participation in governance which saw the emergence of Maryam Muktar as the first ever female Chief Justice of Nigeria yet Goodluck is bad.

13. He was able to contain the outbreak of Ebola disease yet Goodluck is bad.

14. He signed local content act. Nigeria now have 400 tankers transporting crude oil. Previously it was 60 tankers yet Goodluck is bad.

15. His government recorded an unprecedented achievement in sports, best sporting performance in the history of country yet Goodluck is bad.

16. Nigeria is now the largest economy in Africa and the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world after China and Qatar-- CNN yet Goodluck is bad.

17. He made it possible for Nigeria to conduct the most free, fair & credible elections in the history of the country( 2011 and 2015 elections ) yet Goodluck is bad.

19. He does not interfere with the electoral and judiciary system. Elections in Imo, Anambra & Edo for example. In the history of Nigeria, is only in his government the opposition controlled large number of states and controlled greater number of seats in the National Assembly yet Goodluck is bad.

20. Under his government, political assassination and assassination of high profile Nigerians is now a thing of the past.

Who killed Dele Giwa, Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Marshall Harry, Aminisoari Dikibo, Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro Wiwa, Kudirat Abiola, NBA chairman, Barnabas Igwe and his wife Abigail Igwe? In whose governments were all these murdered?

I can give you about 100 high profile political assassinations in Obasanjo's civilian rule alone yet President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is bad and so unacceptable to you.
Re: Ode To Goodluck by ladyF(f): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
Lol I laf. By the time they finish listing all the bad bad tins that happened in the last administration, nobody will need any justification. Them for don finish our money completely.
Re: Ode To Goodluck by realborn(m): 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
I laugh in Spanish...

The summary of it all, is that what he gives you with the right, he retrieves a dozen fold with his left. His projects lacked strategic impacts. Nominal quality base. All about numbers. My response:

1. Almajiri schools?? I laugh. Misplaced priority at its peak. The North required reorientation with respect to education more at the time than countable number of Almajiri schools. Almajiri is synonymous with children begging. If at all you intend to build schools for such kids, you give it a better name. The success of every project is the impact it makes. How many of these children are off the streets from this gesture? I think he should have strengthened existing infrastructure of learning in the North other than this new venture.

2. The intent to revive the railway is good, but the approach made little sense. Deploying mundane coaches with short life span and high maintenance costs is folly. The focus should have been more contemporaneous equipment and systems. A 10-year target should have been devised. There should be a parameter to measure success; e.g, reduced traffic congestion, increased movement of heavy goods by rail, etc. I think if he was sincere, he should have partnered with the Lagos Government on the light rail to bring it to fruition. There should have been standard gauge rails from Lagos to Kano, Lagos to Port Harcourt, Lagos to Aba, Lagos to Onitsha etc. These are the most economically viable routes for improved interstate business and trade. Anything else is scratching the matter on the surface. Moreso, Obj developed the footprints, Yaradua rescinded Obj's procurement preference and ordered the first batch of GE mundane coaches. Jonathan only sustained that and reverted late in the day to Obj's initial choice of Chinese rails.

3. If you do a case study on previously existing FG universities, you will agree that the 12 institutions are nowhere near the standards. Facilities and Infrastructure define a School of such caliber and not erecting substandard buildings. As usual, it was about numbers for Jonathan and not quality. He could have spent the money on revamping and expanding existing Universities to accommodate more students, improve curriculum, Library facilities and welfare.

4. If you go from Port Harcourt to Enugu, Lagos to Ibadan, Owerri to Port Harcourt, East West Road, Apapa Expressway, among a few, you will see a compendium of uncompleted or abandoned road projects. So much was happening in Abuja while other roads which are budgeted for almost every year remained uncompleted. Inadequate monitoring, corruption and contract inflation were the order of his time.

5. The same Niger Bridge that is to be tolled by JB? I laugh. It is only an achievement if it had attained substantial completion. This bridge is not Lekki-Ikoyi toll with fewer commuters. This is the key connecting nerve into the commercial hub of the East. The money taken from the purse to fund campaign could have completed this bridge with no toll or concession to a third party.

6. Dredging of River Niger - no comments.

7. Improved Power supply?? I wonder where that is. It is not enough to deregulate the sector. If you lack understanding of the value chain, it will make no sense. The GENCOs and the DISCOs are still finding it difficult to interface with TCN. What happened to decentralizing the Power Grid? Why can't Lagos State and the DISCOs within it find an alternative source of Power Supply to businesses and Resudents? The supply situation is still comatose. Hence nominal impact. More thinking is still required.

8. If he revived the automobile industries, then those vehicles you called should have been cheaper than their imported counterparts. Key raw materials for those vehicles should have been sought locally. Innoson should have become the fastest growing car manufacturer in West Africa. I think all he did was to grant these capitalists import concessions to assemble their cars locally without giving back other tgan employing labour at cheap rate and still charging exorbitant rates for the vehicles. No real impact. I would have preferred all tge energy was pumped into our very own IVM to open plants all over Nigeria.

9. Please tell me how most of these remodeled airports are faring? Key MEP Services and finishes at the MMIA collapsed before the expiration of the defects liability period. Same for PH. If you review the expenditure for these so called Airports, one will expect more to have been achieved.

10. Signing FOI - very commendable. He was a peaceful President.

11. Agriculture- very commendable efforts. Notwithstanding, we need to feel the impact on our forex earnings otherwise we will be enriching few friends of the Government.

12. Women in Governance - commendable. He however did not monitor and control aptly. Too many Queen Shebas.

13. Ebola - Quite funny. The LASG drew the blueprint that led to the containment, took best efforts and all Nigerians followed suit. The FG was late to the party and only tagged along. The real heros were Nigerians and Health Professionals who put their lives on the chopping board for others.

17. Credible Elections? Yes. Very commendable. Free and fair? Not completely. However, he surpassed all other Presidents we ever had in the conduct of elections.

Finally, I believe he could have achieved real strategic meaningful projects in 5 years. But the bane was excessive corruption. No plans for the rainy day. Today we can all feel the impact!

My 2 cents.
Re: Ode To Goodluck by dominusgai(m): 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
Please, do kindly list the bad things that happened or the good things your buffon of a president has done or plan to do
ladyF:
Lol I laf. By the time they finish listing all the bad bad tins that happened in the last administration, nobody will need any justification. Them for don finish our money completely.
Re: Ode To Goodluck by PassingShot(m): 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
dominusgai:

1. He built 150 almajiri schools yet Goodluck is bad.

2. He revived railway that was comatose for over 28yrs. Lagos-Kano route, Lagos-Southern Ogun air conditioned train route, Ajaokuta-Warri standard guage route, PH-Enugu airconditioned train route, PH-Maiduguri train route, Kaduna intra-city train routes, Makurdi-PH airconditioned train route, Abuja-Kaduna standard guage route. Work on Lagos-Ibadan standard guage route ongoing. And about to kick start Lagos-Calabar coastal railway route yet Goodluck is bad.

3. He established 12 federal universities yet Goodluck is bad.

4. Massive road reconstruction across the country (25000km). Benin-Ore road, Abuja-Lokoja expressway, Enugu-Abakaliki, Onitsha-Owerri road, Kaduna-Maiduguri road, East-West road, Parts of PH-Enugu road & Lagos-Ibadan 8-lane road ongoing yet Goodluck is bad.

5. Construction of 2nd Niger Bridge is ongoing yet Goodluck is bad.

6. He dredged River Niger yet Goodluck is bad.

7. Improved in power supply from 2500mw to 6000mw and implanted 10 new power plants yet Goodluck is bad.

8. He revived the automobile industry with the new automobile policy spurring Nissan & Hyundai e.t.c to assemble / produce cars in Nigeria and the emergence of Indigenous automobile company the INNOSON group now producing locally made in Nigeria cars, SUVs and trucks known as the IVM motors. First in the history of Nigeria, he joined the commodity of car manufacturing countries yet Goodluck is bad.

9. He remodelled airports to international standard, built five new airport terminals in PH, Lagos, Kano, Abuja &Enugu. First in the history of Nigeria, the East now have an international airport yet Goodluck is bad.

10. He signed Freedom of Information (FOI) bill that past leaders refused to sign yet Jonathan is bad.

11. He revamped the agricultural sector. Nigeria now the largest producer of cassava in the world with 45million metric tonnes - FAO, the largest exporter of cassava chips to China and have unprecedented 60% sufficient in rice production yet Goodluck is bad.

12. He gave women 35% affirmative to women participation in governance which saw the emergence of Maryam Muktar as the first ever female Chief Justice of Nigeria yet Goodluck is bad.

13. He was able to contain the outbreak of Ebola disease yet Goodluck is bad.

14. He signed local content act. Nigeria now have 400 tankers transporting crude oil. Previously it was 60 tankers yet Goodluck is bad.

15. His government recorded an unprecedented achievement in sports, best sporting performance in the history of country yet Goodluck is bad.

16. Nigeria is now the largest economy in Africa and the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world after China and Qatar-- CNN yet Goodluck is bad.

17. He made it possible for Nigeria to conduct the most free, fair & credible elections in the history of the country( 2011 and 2015 elections ) yet Goodluck is bad.

19. He does not interfere with the electoral and judiciary system. Elections in Imo, Anambra & Edo for example. In the history of Nigeria, is only in his government the opposition controlled large number of states and controlled greater number of seats in the National Assembly yet Goodluck is bad.

20. Under his government, political assassination and assassination of high profile Nigerians is now a thing of the past.

Who killed Dele Giwa, Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, Marshall Harry, Aminisoari Dikibo, Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro Wiwa, Kudirat Abiola, NBA chairman, Barnabas Igwe and his wife Abigail Igwe? In whose governments were all these murdered?

I can give you about 100 high profile political assassinations in Obasanjo's civilian rule alone yet President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is bad and so unacceptable to you.
Above all, he supervised mindless and senseless looting of our treasury
Re: Ode To Goodluck by dominusgai(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
and how is ur president that is not supervising looting developing the country. Under Jonathan Nigeria became the fastest rising economy in Africa. But under Buhari, even the cameronian franc is more valuable than the naira. so outside the looting, what else do you have.
PassingShot:

1 Like

Re: Ode To Goodluck by peacengine(m): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:

Hahaha but who has been convicted since?
Re: Ode To Goodluck by mrmetoo1: 3:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
When these people want to run their online campaigns, they're not even smart about it. Funds have obviously been released to the #PDPHouseofHunger youths. This is the third thread I've seen in a few h hours listing the exact same thing. Guys your benefactor was a horrible president. He mismanaged funds. He didn't build anything notable. He didn't complete a single road. Not a single airport renovation was completed. We can't boast of using the railway as an alternate means of transport anywhere in Nigeria. Already existing refineries didn't work under Jonathan. The economy was growing fast under Jonathan because Nigeria as a country was making more money than it ever made thanks to oil prices. It wasn't like Nigeria was exporting anything else that added to that wealth despite our natural resources and agricultural export potential. All Jonathan did was start work on what he knew Nigeria needed and that was it. They had ideas but corruption blinded them. They knew what to do but greed and theft prevented them from doing so. The economy was so good under Jonathan yet Nigeria was already borrowing to pay salaries at $60/barrel
Re: Ode To Goodluck by dominusgai(m): 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
Sir, i beg to disagree. it was under jonathan you could leave warri and know u would get to lagos in max of 6hrs. Even Fashola attested that e built more roads than any other administration. It was under jonathan that youths were empowered with youwin and surep and as for the refineries not working, that is a balant lie. from where i stay in warri, you could see the fire of the refinery burning night and day. so yes was working. Portharcourt refinery was also working so what are u saying. please get ur facts straight before you say nonsense. Do you even know what it means or takes to be the fastest growing economy in Africa? only that one trumps whatever buhary can do
mrmetoo1:
When these people want to run their online campaigns, they're not even smart about it. Funds have obviously been released to the #PDPHouseofHunger youths. This is the third thread I've seen in a few h hours listing the exact same thing. Guys your benefactor was a horrible president. He mismanaged funds. He didn't build anything notable. He didn't complete a single road. Not a single airport renovation was completed. We can't boast of using the railway as an alternate means of transport anywhere in Nigeria. Already existing refineries didn't work under Jonathan. The economy was growing fast under Jonathan because Nigeria as a country was making more money than it ever made thanks to oil prices. It wasn't like Nigeria was exporting anything else that added to that wealth despite our natural resources and agricultural export potential. All Jonathan did was start work on what he knew Nigeria needed and that was it. They had ideas but corruption blinded them. They knew what to do but greed and theft prevented them from doing so. The economy was so good under Jonathan yet Nigeria was already borrowing to pay salaries at $60/barrel
Re: Ode To Goodluck by mrmetoo1: 4:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
dominusgai:
Sir, i beg to disagree. it was under jonathan you could leave warri and know u would get to lagos in max of 6hrs. Even Fashola attested that e built more roads than any other administration. It was under jonathan that youths were empowered with youwin and surep and as for the refineries not working, that is a balant lie. from where i stay in warri, you could see the fire of the refinery burning night and day. so yes was working. Portharcourt refinery was also working so what are u saying. please get ur facts straight before you say nonsense. Do you even know what it means or takes to be the fastest growing economy in Africa? only that one trumps whatever buhary can do

Fashola didn't attest to nothing. This is one of those lies that you guys have chosen to ram down our throats. If not please show me a credible article or link or statement where Fashola said that. As far as the refineries, forget the fire you were seeing the refineries weren't working. This is undisputed fact. They kept talking about turn around maintenance till they left. Diezani in 2014 said the refineries won't start working until sometime this year.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/175498-nigerias-refineries-terrible-shape-petroleum-minister.html
Re: Ode To Goodluck by dominusgai(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than-any-other-nigerian-president-fashola/ please read the link. and wre you in warri? if you have any friends that live near ekpan, you can call and ask them if what am saying is true. i did not say it was producing to full capacity but they were still producing.
Or please eduucate me, what other way can make a refinery mast burn if production was not going on. or do you want to tell me the gas used by phcn to power their generation stations was imported too.
mrmetoo1:

Fashola didn't attest to nothing. This is one of those lies that you guys have chosen to ram down our throats. If not please show me a credible article or link or statement where Fashola said that. As far as the refineries, forget the fire you were seeing the refineries weren't working. This is undisputed fact. They kept talking about turn around maintenance till they left. Diezani in 2014 said the refineries won't start working until sometime this year.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/175498-nigerias-refineries-terrible-shape-petroleum-minister.html
Re: Ode To Goodluck by sinkhole: 5:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
In Yoruba language "ode" means "mumu", slowpoke grin grin
Re: Ode To Goodluck by mrmetoo1: 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
dominusgai:
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/jonathan-constructed-more-roads-than-any-other-nigerian-president-fashola/ please read the link. and wre you in warri? if you have any friends that live near ekpan, you can call and ask them if what am saying is true. i did not say it was producing to full capacity but they were still producing.
Or please eduucate me, what other way can make a refinery mast burn if production was not going on. or do you want to tell me the gas used by phcn to power their generation stations was imported too.

This pointblanknews that I've never heard of. I personally read through the transcript of that speech and not once did Fashola mention that. When I asked for a link I'm looking for a credible well known source not pointblanknews.
http://venturesafrica.com/fashola-agenda-ministry-power-works-housing/

This below is the full speech he made that you guys imagined this thing from

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/08/full-text-of-babatunde-fasholas-inaugural-media-briefing-of-the-federal-ministry-of-power-works-and-housing/
Re: Ode To Goodluck by dominusgai(m): 5:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
and between d two, who is a mumu and slow poke, a man dat made nigeria the highest growing african economy or a man dat is killing our economy
sinkhole:
In Yoruba language "ode" means "mumu", slowpoke grin grin
Re: Ode To Goodluck by sinkhole: 5:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
dominusgai:
and between d two, who is a mumu and slow poke, a man dat made nigeria the highest growing african economy or a man dat is killing our economy
Bros I no call anybody name o, na wetin I read wey make laugh I comment on, na laugh I dey take the thing laugh no be say I serious like dat!
Oga Jona dey good for hin own side, so Oga Buhari for hin own side. People no dey same!

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bomb Blast In Yola This Afternoon / How The World Perceives Nigeria / Deceit In Nigeria Politics Which Can't Be Easily Forgotten (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.