Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,697 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu (1348 Views)

Obasanjo Is Nigeria’s Father Of Corruption, Sits On Stolen Wealth - Fayose / I Will Leave No Stone Unturned To Rid Nigeria Of Corruption - Buhari / I would rid Nigeria Of Corruption of Given Another Chance - GEJ (premium Times) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Franchise21(m): 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
A national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, has urged Nigerians to join hands to build a better country.
Mr. Tinubu spoke Saturday while receiving an award as The Sun Newspapers Man of the Year in Lagos.
‎”We have come to a point where there is no turning back for there is nothing worthy of the sacrifices so recently made to turn back to,” said Mr. Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State.
“We have reached the juncture at which we must reform our institutions, rid our country of corruption or admit that we have mortgaged away the good future due us.
“The infrastructural decay of past decades, the unemployment time bomb, the challenging security situation make a compelling case for us all to join with this government to embrace a new politics that will help build a new country.
Mr. Tinubu said he felt honoured to be chosen for the award, adding that the decision to pick him was arrived after a rigorous process.
“I am humble enough to know that the Sun could have chosen any one of several figures,” he said.

“Their decision would not have been gainsaid. I think particularly of the man at the helm of affairs and who won the election, President Muhammadu Buhari.
“Yet, I am mindful enough to realize such awards do not come frequently and that I better grab the good thing given me.”
The former Lagos State governor thanked The Sun newspapers for recognizing his “modest efforts’ at transforming the country.
“What was accomplished in 2015 was not a singular effort. It was done through the collective love and labour of millions of Nigerians. A handful of them were well known.
“Most of them are hardworking anonymous people who together constitute the backbone and great strength of this nation. It was this collective effort that produced the unprecedented electoral victory in 2015.
“Therefore, I accept this award on behalf of all the people who contributed to opening a vitally new chapter in the book of our national history. Many sacrificed greatly to achieve this great turn of events. Some practically surrendered their businesses.
“Some provided funds. Especially that elderly 90-year old woman, Hajia Fadimatu Mai Talle Tara who donated 1 million Naira, her life savings for the campaign of President Muhammadu Buhari . (May Her Soul Rest in Peace).
“Others worked ceaselessly, hour after hour, day after day until the historic job was done. Many hit the campaign trail day and night from Katsina to Lagos. I reserve a special recognition and commendation for the youth across this nation who formed part of the foot soldiers in the struggle for change. It is to these heroes that I dedicate this award.”
Mr. Tinubu urged The Sun and other media organizations to employ journalism as a tool for development.
“Journalism must become a force for good and a voice against injustice, poverty and discrimination,” he said.
“It must always speak right to might. You must be objective. You must not be a partner to power or to those who have lost power. Your role is that of guardian and herald of the truth for the people themselves.
“Do that and you will shine in a way that will make the name of this newspaper more than apt. The media will stand the best of time and with other patriots work to make Nigeria great again.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/198779-must-rid-nigeria-corruption-tinubu.html
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Franchise21(m): 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
OK
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Luckylife(m): 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
Lead by example by summit yourself for probe without compromising it.

10 Likes

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by ozoigbondu: 7:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
See this pot calling kettle black

10 Likes

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
End time fellow
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Edwinmason(m): 8:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
yes...but first u must kill ur self.....mtchew

2 Likes

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by tafabaloo(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
We hear.
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Maxymilliano(m): 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
What an irony ...

This is a man that former EFCC chairman said in 2006 that he's the most corrupt governor in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Flets: 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
Corruption personified wants to rid Nigeria of corruption. What a joke! !!@@

3 Likes

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by peacengine(m): 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
What is Tinubu's source of income besides his media business?
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
jagabanl
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
jagaban
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by igwe123: 9:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
Dullar.dinho does not want to pounce on you yet, wait till towards the end of his administration when he has nothing to loose anymore
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by ajebuter(f): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
Even APC zombies cannot defend this old dude because he is corruption-personified

He is the definition of corruption and in any sane country, he should have a suite in jail

Hypcrite.

1 Like

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by eposho: 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
Your Fada tinubu. Lecturing us on corruption. You that has Lagos in your blood/ clat pocket.
You are called oracle because u stole and control everybody.
Abeg go f/ uck yourself.

1 Like

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
Hehehe
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Paperwhite(m): 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
Start with yourself,fellow corrupt progressives,corrupt president & above all the utterly corrupt budget your party termed "budget of change. undecidedNonsense

1 Like

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by SegunAdewole: 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
Before now plenty zombies for dey shout Jagaban! like monkeys, but now ground no level for them at all. Good sign that the zombies are dying off.

1 Like

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by drss(m): 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
hahahahahahaha see father of corruption n lagos land lord talking about corruption. grin

1 Like

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by drss(m): 10:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
Maxymilliano:
What an irony ...

This is a man that former EFCC chairman said in 2006 that he's the most corrupt governor in Nigeria.
according to zombies, he is a saint. in sane clime, tinubu will be in jail.

1 Like

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by IVORY2009(m): 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
When a corrupt politican like Tinubu tries to fight corruption, na wetin him dey fine....
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by drss(m): 10:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
peacengine:
What is Tinubu's source of income besides his media business?
rent. He is lagos state land lord.

3 Likes

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Rapmoney(m): 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
H
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Scream(m): 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
Fela died too early...
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 22, 2016
drss:

My God, I am dead!
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by EasternLion: 12:09am On Feb 22, 2016
Tinubu the kleptomaniac, the biggest landlord of lagos, talking about killing corruption, wetin i no go hear eh cheesy cheesy
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Reminez(m): 12:10am On Feb 22, 2016
Good one from the real JAGABAN. You dimwits are only pained because he helped in kicking out the ineffectual buffoon and his band of thieves from Aso rock.
BAT faced criminal charges at the CCT at a point and was found not guilty. You unfortunate lots should rather heed his prophetic advice and act like patriots by putting all hands on deck to support PMB in other to ensure the success of his administration so as to ensure that Nigeria reaches her full potentials.

1 Like

Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Reminez(m): 12:27am On Feb 22, 2016
EasternLion:
Tinubu the kleptomaniac, the biggest landlord of lagos, talking about killing corruption, wetin i no go hear eh cheesy cheesy
You should hold your leaders responsible for your woes.
He has no hand in your misfortunes!!!
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Reminez(m): 12:29am On Feb 22, 2016
SegunAdewole:
Before now plenty zombies for dey shout Jagaban! like monkeys, but now ground no level for them at all. Good sign that the zombies are dying off.
Rid yourself of the hate. Tinubu is greater than all the leaders in your enclave both dead and alive.
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Reminez(m): 12:30am On Feb 22, 2016
drss:
Have you paid your rent?..You gala hawking destitute !!
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Reminez(m): 12:31am On Feb 22, 2016
Maxymilliano:
What an irony ...

I thought he was tried in the court of law and was subsequently discharged and acquainted ??..You enemies of progress should come up with another narrative .You pained losers should get over the loss of clueless hero at the polls.
Re: We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu by Reminez(m): 12:35am On Feb 22, 2016
drss:
according to zombies, he is a saint. in sane clime, tinubu will be in jail.
After your hopeless parents die behind the bars. Son of hate !!! Ipoo yoot!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Launch "Change Begins With Me" Campaign / 8 Categories Of Nigerians That Cannot Be President / We Are Ready To Help Buhari, Battle Niger Delta Avengers: OPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.