Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,842 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

President Buhari And His Travels, My Take - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari And His Travels, My Take (839 Views)

Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo Watching The Arrival Of Buhari On NTA (Photo) / Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / Zahra Buhari And Her Husband Celebrate With Osinbajo On His 60th Birthday.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari And His Travels, My Take by Dahveydson(m): 10:39am On Feb 22, 2016
It is unknown if President Buhari is underway to break a record for the most widely travelled president of all time, Or is seriously working hard to restructure our economy through foreign direct investment and international partnership.

But what is known is that our amiable president have been "Globe-trotting" since taking office in May 2015. Is travelling to these countries part of his bucket list? Are there any gains from these travels?

At some point I have been happy, sad then angry at his travels. Now i'm just indifferent. It's only been 8months after all.

I have looked at his travels and analysed the mission stated for every of his travels, and it's funny, but I cannot pick one that he shouldn't have gone. If you can, please oblige me.

There are arguments that President Buhari should delegate these travels since he now has ministers, if you understand International relations, you'll know that the final decision stop at the table of the president and sending the minister will only slow the pace of things. Note that every of his travels, he has met the president of those countries and not representatives.

In other climes, the president will be hailed for his work towards salvaging the economy but here we choose to turn logic on its head and hurl abuses instead of offering constructive criticisms and proffering solutions.

In conclusion, it's too early to say if his travelling will yield fruit, also, it's too early to judge and conclude that his travelling won't yield fruit. Only time will tell...
Re: President Buhari And His Travels, My Take by Asaib(f): 10:50am On Feb 22, 2016
No, He wants to make sure that he covers all those yrs that he wants to be our President to make sure nothing eludes him, so my President must tour the whole world before he leaves office 2019. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari And His Travels, My Take by Dahveydson(m): 12:43pm On Feb 22, 2016
Asaib:
No, He wants to make sure that he covers all those yrs that he wants to be our President to make sure nothing eludes him, so my President must tour the whole world before he leaves office 2019. Shikena

One question, which of countries shouldn't he have gone to? - taking into consideration the mission of every travel.
Re: President Buhari And His Travels, My Take by Dahveydson(m): 8:47am On Feb 23, 2016
Exactly!!!

tatucci:
But for those complaining that he is always travelling, what exactly do u expect him to do? Sit down in ASo rock and indulge in minor political squabbles? like which party is quarelling with who? or who is defecting from where to where? or whether Sheriff should be pdp chairman or not? or perhaps host a prayer session for the economy? or command the dollars to rise: "oh ye dollar, I command you, rise!" or perhaps organize a math lesson for Madam Kemi?

what exactly will sitting in Nigeria or Aso rock achieve? It is like being the head of a house. will u say because u are the head of ur family u want to sit down at home and rule ur family? where d food go from come? if u don't want hunger to finish u and ur family u have to go out and seek for work, connection, assistance, etc..

Dollars is expensive because it is scarce in Naija not because the Value of the Naira has depreciated and if we don't go out to bring dollars into the country it will continue in its scarcity. meanwhile there are ministers and other aids in charge of all the sectors in the country to hold fort..

amen!

(1) (Reply)

$2.1bn Arms Probe: How Bello, Yuguda Diverted N1.5bn, EFCC Tells Court / Amaechi Spits Fire Over Saturday’s Rivers Election / 2016 Budget: National Assembly Is A Gathering Of Selfish,Greedy & wicked Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.