Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying (69401 Views)

Groom Crying On His Wedding, What May Be Wrong? / My 1st Daughter Saw Her 1st Period Today & She’s Been Crying All Day - Doctor / It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by labienyce(m): 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
For some weird reasons i just don't trust the dad.. something is definitely fishy.. investigate my brother.. investigate
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by damiso(f): 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Naija people are harsh ooo

See people already insinuating stuff about daughter/father relationship.

Na wa o.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by FOREXMART(m): 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
just tell her "rude gyal come siddon pan this tin".
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
Op, dont worry... Its the hormones... The pregnancy is having a huge toll on her... I know i will be like that too when my time come. But i.aint running to parents cos they are gone.. Na only my near future husby will have a filled day consoling and perplexed ... Whats really going on here..
lol.. I don know my fate already..lol cry
Sighs its well. smiley
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Tvegas(m): 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
My man the only answer is TIME.

She is still 25, I bet if she married late like 32/33 she wont even drop a tear. Give her time to outgrow this.

The pregnancy hormones can also cause this. Am a living witness of wify crying after she gave birth due to some little arguement.

Thirdly like many suggested show her some tough love. Show the normal concern a husband should show but don't do more than that.

Finally don't ever confront her dad,you will be starting an unnecessary battle. You should discuss this with your wife in the future.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by camilluscosmas(m): 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
maybe she has just made the biggest mistake of her life. Marrying someone she never loved

Hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Lovexme(m): 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
bigiyaro:
this kind of bonding can only be permanently broken with proper fvcking. Give her some real fvcking, works all the time.

Fucking that'll make her realise what she's been missing, eh? lol
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by fabulousk8(m): 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
You carry aids?
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by imecom: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
wel I think d girl is not up to be married despite 25yrs old but guy give her time for maturity
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by kennytidistar(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
ask her why she's crying, she might just have some guilty conscience
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Daintelectual(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
lonngmann:
erm..did you pratice no sex before marriage?

It might be because of what she saw on her wedding night that is making her cry

Especially the fact that she has to live with it like that for the rest of her life grin
Hahaha guy you no well at all. grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by nightmile: 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
Is your J.T too big or too small?
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
Her mom will come over for a 2-3 days. She is not the gift type. What makes her happy is family and family. Her father operates almost a compound family.

Is she from Ilorin? Cos dahs d way dey do over dia.

Anyways, allow her go home for a week max., and tell her to come back when she really misses you.
I think then, she'll realise that she can't live without you also.
Have a chat with the dad, ask him to tentatively free the girl a bit and allow her familiarise with you too.

If she has a younger sibling, allow him or her come spend little time with you guys so she can have a feel of home.
But, don't allow the 2-3 days visit from her mother.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by ayoolataiwo(m): 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2016
D truth's... She find it very hard to believe she's married.D fact thats she's gonna keep a distance with her family makes her cried.Give her time to realised that u re her husband and u guyz re gonna be together forever.U na done give her belle as badoolee concerned u! na no waste time at all.Wishes u guyz happy married life....Safe delivery of twins...*wrinks*
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by pheesayor(m): 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
Abayomi, make your wife understand that this is a new life, she has to program/rewire her brain to her new status. Try to know what she misses at home and attempt to recreate those things for her, as a man it was hard for me too but I told myself I must be realistic and it worked, it might take time but she will adjust and if she doesn't then you can seek the help of a psychologist or a counsellor.

Congratulations on your wedding, I still dey vex for you sha

yommys01:
I got married on Saturday 20th of February 2016. We were in an hotel till Monday, wanted us to stay longer but she refused saying she wants to go home ( that used to be my house).

Ever since we got home yesterday ( Monday), she has been crying. Called her mom, she prayed for her, my mom called her too and prayed for her.

She stopped crying for a while, we woke up with another round of crying this morning.

This is breaking my heart. I hate to cry as it often leads me to depression now I am close to tears myself.

I don't know if I have done something wrong or what to do. It is hurting as she cries.

When we were dating, she finds it difficult without her family for long " oh, I am already missing my dad, I am already missing my siblings" could this be the reason?

One day she came to mine from home as we have Dr appointment early and she lives in another state, she got to mine and 1 hour later she wanted to go home. "I am missing my dad sha" which got me annoyed then.

Could it be that the crying now is linked? She is 25 and I am 30 and we spent quite some time together before marriage. The fact we used to be together for so long makes it more confusing. This is a house she has always been in why the crying now?

It is hurting me. Badly and I am confused.

What do I do?
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by olabamiji09(m): 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
MizMyColi:
I think it's pretty normal for someone who has forged very strong familial bonds with their relation.

This might sound harshsmiley
But you need to go tough in love.

While scolding her might sound like an option, it might turn out to be counter productive.

First, stop indulging and petting her.
I'm sure you've told her by now that she is now married to you, and that both of you need to be strong both mentally and emotionally for each other to build your lives.

If you have had this pep talk with her, and she is still tearing up.
Permit her to go to her house.
Tell her to stay as long as she likes and she shouldn't return until you come for her.

This sounds brutal, but it seems an efficient way to cure that unwanted spirit in her.
Madam ur suggestion is nt d solution ....... she is very new n she jst started d journey d husband just need 2 take it cool with her, she will definitely miss her friends n families dat jst it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by kumulus(m): 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
prettysolid:
Rubbish. Simply cry when shes crying. Lets see who will cry pass

Lol....just know when you do this, there are two things involved.

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
I'm sorry but I think I am the odd one here. Why should I cry after being joined to the love of my life?

Cry FIRE!!!!!!!!!

I may cry during the wedding ceremony but not when I should be savouring my moments with my love.

It amazes me when I see married women still coming to their family house regularly. I'm like "what are you still coming to do?"

I'm not saying married women shouldn't visit their folks but it's the frequency that surprises me.

Singing Sony Neji's song:

Common say bye bye to daddy
Bye bye bye bye to mummy.

You wanna be with your wifey
Bye bye bye bye

Mami say you wanna be with your huzzy
Bye bye bye bye.

Your wife is finding it hard to cleave to you at the moment. I pray she cleaves to you soon.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by wacoj(m): 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
labienyce:
For some weird reasons i just don't trust the dad.. something is definitely fishy.. investigate my brother.. investigate

My point also

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
prettysolid:
Rubbish. Simply cry when shes crying. Lets see who will cry pass
Abi oooo undecided grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by EmmahO(m): 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
lolzxx ;Dlolzxx
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by olabamiji09(m): 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is very serious, I experienced dat when I got married, my wife started crying 3 days after d wedding she had packed her bag already she wanted to go back to Lagos from Ogbomoso where I am working. It was was an engineer dat came to repair my generator dat spoke to her. I really took it easy wit her n shown her love, but now she cant leave me for a minute.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Herbwise(m): 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
Give her some time bro. Be patient. I had almost similar experience. My wife couldn't sleep at nights. She keeps awake. And that affected me in many ways. We just celebrated our one year anniversary January 31, this year. Things have returned to normal. All thanks to the Almighty. At some point her mother had to come leave with us, to be precise her mother went back to her own house last week Thursday, but before then wife and I were beginning to get along well and she already got used to living with me and doing things with me. So my last words are: Be patient and Endure, it will certainly change for the better.

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by vislabraye(m): 2:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
MizMyColi:
I think it's pretty normal for someone who has forged very strong familial bonds with their relation.

While scolding her might sound like an option, it might turn out to be counter productive.

I'm sure you've told her by now that she is now married to you, and that both of you need to be strong both mentally and emotionally for each other to build your lives.

Tell her to stay as long as she likes and she shouldn't return until you come for her.

This sounds brutal, but it seems an efficient way to cure that unwanted spirit in her.

I think I like your advise. It's not everything that can be done with gra gra. Wisdom is applicable.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by BABANGBALI: 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2016
You are married to a mummy's pet
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by smileysmiley(f): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2016
lonngmann:

Especially the fact that she has to live with it like that for the rest of her life grin
you are mean o.... hahahahahah
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by joseph1832(m): 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
MizMyColi:

Yes, so by the time her neighbors and people start asking her "I thought you are married" "why are you not in your husband's house" her eye go open yakata.

Bar man, please give Mizmycoli a bottle of red wine. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by ronaldbecky(m): 2:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
lonngmann:

lolzzz men......
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Elgaxton(m): 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
I got married on Saturday 20th of February 2016. We were in an hotel till Monday, wanted us to stay longer but she refused saying she wants to go home ( that used to be my house).

Ever since we got home yesterday ( Monday), she has been crying. Called her mom, she prayed for her, my mom called her too and prayed for her.

She stopped crying for a while, we woke up with another round of crying this morning.

This is breaking my heart. I hate to cry as it often leads me to depression now I am close to tears myself.

I don't know if I have done something wrong or what to do. It is hurting as she cries.

When we were dating, she finds it difficult without her family for long " oh, I am already missing my dad, I am already missing my siblings" could this be the reason?

One day she came to mine from home as we have Dr appointment early and she lives in another state, she got to mine and 1 hour later she wanted to go home. "I am missing my dad sha" which got me annoyed then.

Could it be that the crying now is linked? She is 25 and I am 30 and we spent quite some time together before marriage. The fact we used to be together for so long makes it more confusing. This is a house she has always been in why the crying now?

It is hurting me. Badly and I am confused.

What do I do?

Oh well! She will get over it... If e too hard form your own cry too and see her response.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by hassymo5(m): 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
GIRLS can amaze people... now she is married na cry cry,,,
and when she reach 40 year without husband , she won't let people rest..
other women like her don reach 35-40 without husband,,, ...
women are funny.…..
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Jhayeahsam01(m): 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
take her to herbalist for strong facial incision

gbere oju mete mete
ata ire merin
owo eyo mesan...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / "I Am Too Beautiful To Do House Chores" - Nigerian Woman. See Reactions / Bride Stunned After Clergyman Asked Her To Pledge Her Breasts During Wedding Vow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.