Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,128 members, 7,829,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari (622 Views)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's Return In Funny Tweets / Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari by eyeview: 11:57am On Feb 23, 2016
Dear Mr President,

I sincerely hope that this letter gets to you when next you visit Nigeria.

I write on behalf of the teeming youths and fans of yours who are daily getting disappointed with your administration. Let me make it clear that I am not disappointed with your government,not because it has been anything to write home about but because I have a personal philosophy of 'blessed are ye when ye expect nothing,for ye shall not be disappointed'. You see sir,I do not expect any change to come from you when you won that election,hence am not a bit disappointed. But I write on behalf of the people who vigorously campaigned and believed in you. Many were either unborn as at the time you first ruled this nation and thus didn't know your track record of incompetence or they were carried away by the razzmatazz of the publicity stunts put together by the contracted PR firms(they did a wonderful packaging job,by the way). It is said in my humble village that what the elders see sitting down,the youths will not see,even from the top of an iroko tree. The elders foresaw this and shouted but they weren't heeded.
Your Excellency,never in my life has there been a time that relocating to a foreign nation became very attractive and fanciful until now.

Your administration has brought about nothing but pain and suffering in all areas of the people's life. From failed electricity supply to the massive free fall of the naira. From the continuous closure of businesses to the attendant loss of jobs. From the rising insecurity in almost every region of the nation to inconclusive elections. There is really no area that one can boldly point at in this administration as improved since May 29 2015. And to make matters worse,like the biblical days, it even seems as if nature is also against your administration,going by the level of heat wave that is scorching the people. One can not revert to fan or AC because of the poor power supply(despite the 45% increase in electricity tariff),and when some of us who can afford it,turn to our generators,the fuel scarcity makes it impossible.

Sir,the saddest thing is that you and your cabinet don't even seem to have the slightest idea of what to do. Never has the word 'clueless' been made so clear. There are still millions of Nigerians who believe in you(not referring to those underage voters who know not their left from their right) and are ready to support and believe in your vision for the dying economy and nation,if only you will come out with one! And their hope is fast waning.

I remember vividly on the election day,how some of my neighbours in my neighbourhood;some of whom I hardly knew(no thanks to the private nature of the neighbourhood) came back after voting to argue vigorously on why you deserve to be the president. A few of us who voted otherwise were seen as outcasts. Then,to rub it in,wherever they saw me,they would stop their car,wind down their windows and shout 'Sai Baba!' The first blow after your swearing in was when you referred to them as the '5%'. But since the impact of your cluelessness has become visible to the blind and loud to the deaf,they don't want to see me again. They zoom past me whenever they see me. Oh! How I wish they knew that I have forgiven them. Some have openly acknowledged that they made a mistake and are constantly venting their frustration with your government. Ironically,we that didn't vote for you are now the ones encouraging them to believe and give you more time!

Your Excellency, putting parties,sentiments and tribes aside,we all would want this administration to succeed. We had hoped that when you took your 'fullness of time' to appoint the ministers,we would see a team of professionals and technocrats that will come on board and kickstart the economic engine of this nation,but were all disappointed to see a list of politicians you could have even announced on that May 29th at the Eagle square off hand. Why spend so many months to compile a ministerial list of Fashola, Lie Mohammed, Rotimi Amechi, Fayemi, Audu Ogbeh, Ngige etc. I guess that's when we ought to have started getting worried.

Sir,I know that you live abroad and visit Nigeria occasionally and when you do,you surround yourself with sycophants who for fear or gains will not tell you the truth. Hence,I will tell you that truth. My people says that if after consistently respecting the king for his misdeeds and he keeps doing it,someday,someone will just cover his face with a basket and tell him the truth.
With all due respect,your Excellency,your administration so far has been an a failure. We all hope that you and your team(if there's any) will stop pointing at the past(you have dwelt on that mountain for too long) and for once point at the present and the future. The people are fast losing faith in your ability to steer the ship of the Nigerian nation. We will keep praying for you, our bible admonished us to do so,but if it keeps getting worse with no plan of improving,we will change our prayer mode(afterall,all of them are still prayer).
God bless you sir

Cc:lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari by Eebrahym(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
It's a free world, feel free to air your opinion
Re: An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari by tomakint: 12:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
This is the best open letter I have read in recent times.....the sooner Buhari realized that junketing round the globe will not fix Nigeria the better. @ Op, you do well.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari by resty4(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
Bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari by Pidggin(f): 1:01pm On Feb 23, 2016
eyeview:
Dear Mr President,

I sincerely hope that this letter gets to you when next you visit Nigeria.

I write on behalf of the teeming youths and fans of yours who are daily getting disappointed with your administration. Let me make it clear that I am not disappointed with your government,not because it has been anything to write home about but because I have a personal philosophy of 'blessed are ye when ye expect nothing,for ye shall not be disappointed'. You see sir,I do not expect any change to come from you when you won that election,hence am not a bit disappointed. But I write on behalf of the people who vigorously campaigned and believed in you. Many were either unborn as at the time you first ruled this nation and thus didn't know your track record of incompetence or they were carried away by the razzmatazz of the publicity stunts put together by the contracted PR firms(they did a wonderful packaging job,by the way). It is said in my humble village that what the elders see sitting down,the youths will not see,even from the top of an iroko tree. The elders foresaw this and shouted but they weren't heeded.
Your Excellency,never in my life has there been a time that relocating to a foreign nation became very attractive and fanciful until now.

Your administration has brought about nothing but pain and suffering in all areas of the people's life. From failed electricity supply to the massive free fall of the naira. From the continuous closure of businesses to the attendant loss of jobs. From the rising insecurity in almost every region of the nation to inconclusive elections. There is really no area that one can boldly point at in this administration as improved since May 29 2015. And to make matters worse,like the biblical days, it even seems as if nature is also against your administration,going by the level of heat wave that is scorching the people. One can not revert to fan or AC because of the poor power supply(despite the 45% increase in electricity tariff),and when some of us who can afford it,turn to our generators,the fuel scarcity makes it impossible.

Sir,the saddest thing is that you and your cabinet don't even seem to have the slightest idea of what to do. Never has the word 'clueless' been made so clear. There are still millions of Nigerians who believe in you(not referring to those underage voters who know not their left from their right) and are ready to support and believe in your vision for the dying economy and nation,if only you will come out with one! And their hope is fast waning.

I remember vividly on the election day,how some of my neighbours in my neighbourhood;some of whom I hardly knew(no thanks to the private nature of the neighbourhood) came back after voting to argue vigorously on why you deserve to be the president. A few of us who voted otherwise were seen as outcasts. Then,to rub it in,wherever they saw me,they would stop their car,wind down their windows and shout 'Sai Baba!' The first blow after your swearing in was when you referred to them as the '5%'. But since the impact of your cluelessness has become visible to the blind and loud to the deaf,they don't want to see me again. They zoom past me whenever they see me. Oh! How I wish they knew that I have forgiven them. Some have openly acknowledged that they made a mistake and are constantly venting their frustration with your government. Ironically,we that didn't vote for you are now the ones encouraging them to believe and give you more time!

Your Excellency, putting parties,sentiments and tribes aside,we all would want this administration to succeed. We had hoped that when you took your 'fullness of time' to appoint the ministers,we would see a team of professionals and technocrats that will come on board and kickstart the economic engine of this nation,but were all disappointed to see a list of politicians you could have even announced on that May 29th at the Eagle square off hand. Why spend so many months to compile a ministerial list of Fashola, Lie Mohammed, Rotimi Amechi, Fayemi, Audu Ogbeh, Ngige etc. I guess that's when we ought to have started getting worried.

Sir,I know that you live abroad and visit Nigeria occasionally and when you do,you surround yourself with sycophants who for fear or gains will not tell you the truth. Hence,I will tell you that truth. My people says that if after consistently respecting the king for his misdeeds and he keeps doing it,someday,someone will just cover his face with a basket and tell him the truth.
With all due respect,your Excellency,your administration so far has been an a failure. We all hope that you and your team(if there's any) will stop pointing at the past(you have dwelt on that mountain for too long) and for once point at the present and the future. The people are fast losing faith in your ability to steer the ship of the Nigerian nation. We will keep praying for you, our bible admonished us to do so,but if it keeps getting worse with no plan of improving,we will change our prayer mode(afterall,all of them are still prayer).
God bless you sir

Cc:lalasticlala

Sorry my brother wailers form is no longer available, cheers.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari by Dmes(m): 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
Hmmmmmm...
Re: An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2016
TIME is an AGENT of Realization, Revelation and Recovery. undecided...... Endure until 2019.....The Leopard can not change it's skin colour.
See my proposed solutions to Mr. President:

1. Stop chasing a Thief when your house is on fire ..... instead try to extinguish it, save your household, and allow the relevant authorities to help you apprehend the thief

2. Stop complaining and pointing fingers because the other fingers are pointing at you.

3. Be very professional......sack the incompetent PA and Ministers and employ the services of those who can get the job done.

4. See yourself as the President of Nigeria and not the APC High-Chief who must have other political members convert to your party before you allow them help you.

5. Create your Economic Team (Ngozi,Soludo, Sanusi, Pat Utomi, and Me) to revert this ugly economic situation.

6. Do not let your political friends define how much we (Nigerians) love you. It doesn't matter if someone didn't vote you because Nigerians have grown to accept you as their president and wish to be of service to you.

7. Look inward for the solution and STOP flying around for help.....remember that what you are looking for in the sky is actually under your bed.

TrueSenator has SPOKEN. cool
Re: An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari by chubhiee: 2:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
Very soon, in no distant time, we shall all congregate and wail with coldplays The Hardest Part.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Suffer If ...... / Governor Ambode Shuts Mile 12 Market--metronaija / Photo Speaks: Okorocha Delivers Speech At Chatham House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.