Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier (9454 Views)

Oshiomhole At John Oyegun's Daughter's Wedding (pics) / Femi Fani-kayode’s Ex-wife Steps Out With Husband At Daughter’s Wedding (pic) / Fani-kayode Distances Self From Daughter’s Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Tudor6(f): 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2009
Rebarobyn:

I so totally agree with you, public officers must show some restraint please, I dont think there's anything wrong in marrying a foreigner, its a matter of personal choices and preferences and it has nothing to do with rebranding, or inferiority complex. AIT is definitely not airing it for free and even if they did offer to do so, dora should have refused knowing her position and the level of poverty in nigeria, its a slap on the faces on the nigerian people who are unemployed, impoverished and have been subjected to poor service delivery, our money, oil money, tax payers money angry
Tell that to Aloy.Emeka.
Aloy it's called being considerate and humble. As a public official, You or your family don't go about flashing cash in the midst of a financial crisis, poverty, unemployment and crumbling workforce due to strikes. It presents a wrong impression.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by vigasimple(m): 9:05pm On Jul 11, 2009
Some thought came to my mind as I was reading other posting here.

If Madam Nafdac daughters are marrying foreigner( which we should all accept as their prerogatives)

The question is,

Do they(the children) including Madam Nafdac beleives in Nigeria with all their educations abroad and marrying non-nigerians. How can she go around and ask people to believe in what she does not believe in and rebrand it. She must first persuade her own family to rebrand themsleves, and do everything Nigeria. As they say, CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME

On a practical level, how much is the income of Professor Akinyuli and her husband to be able to send their children to colleges in the USA that are costly. Also those ostentasious party confirm insensivitity on the part of the Leadership like sam Egwu did just few weeks ago.

REBRANDING AND REPACKAGING start with personal example and leadership. No better person to do that than, the minister of information and the architect of Rebranding and repackaging.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by oyinda3(f): 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2009
any pics?
and haven't this being going on for ages anyways? rich polticians and business men having their kids' grand weddings displayed on national tv.
I bet you same people have subscriptions to ovation magazine.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Litmus: 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2009

Aloy.Emeka wrote:

BecomeRich attending the wedding in full Benin republic military  regalia. I don't know why he didn't rebrand Benin republic today.

Ah-ha-ha haw

what a coinsidence this is exactly my picture of the avrage binieouse. Not the Nazi thing but the rest---
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 11, 2009
vigasimple:

Some thought came to my mind as I was reading other posting here.

If Madam Nafdac daughters are marrying foreigner( which we should all accept as their prerogatives)

The question is,

Do they(the children) including Madam Nafdac beleives in Nigeria with all their educations abroad and marrying non-nigerians. How can she go around and ask people to believe in what she does not believe in and rebrand it. She must first persuade her own family to rebrand themsleves, and do everything Nigeria. As they say, CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME

On a practical level, how much is the income of Professor Akinyuli and her husband to be able to send their children to colleges in the USA that are costly. Also those ostentasious party confirm insensivitity on the part of the Leadership like sam Egwu did just few weeks ago.

REBRANDING AND REPACKAGING start with personal example and leadership. No better person to do that than, the minister of information and the architect of Rebranding and repackaging.

U have said it all. It shouldn't be a surprise to any reasonable Nigerian that what was supposed to be just another wedding has been met with so much cynism. Our ppl have been taken for granted much too LONG. In summary, Dora is selling a product that she does not believe in.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2009
Seun:

I don't understand how the wedding of Dora's daughter is a "slap" in anybody's face.
The TV station's decision to broadcast the event live is not Dora Akunyili's fault.
White men are human beings, and Nigerians are free to marry them.  Nothing wrong with that.

When Governor Fashola's birhday was approaching,he immediately told all well wishers and beneficiaries of his government to channel all funds they may have budgeted for adverts into other meaningful channels such as orphanages,charity etc , If Dora was not so arrogant and anxious to prove to the whole world that 'her family has arrived',she would have asked AIT and Silverbird to not bother showing the wedding, it was a careless and wasteful . Most especially when a nation was still mourning the disgrace meted out to us by Obama visiting ghana and not Nigeria after her wasteful attempt at rebranding, Worse even still the timing of the wedding which was almost to co-incide with Obama's African speech, A moment of world history,

These people dont know how to lead by example, They know nothing about leadership at al, Dora's comments in ASUU press conference and i quote ', I particularly feel for ASUU since i am still on a nominal roll of a Nigerian University', Another failed attempt by dora to deceive the suffering lecturers of ASUU into thinking she's also a victim of the suffering of lecturers, Everybody knows she is into a lot of billion naira deals and contracts and she doesnt even remember which account her salaries and benefits go into, Something she might never know until ten years after office,

These people need to learn from people like Tinubu,Fashola and Banire, Office is not meant to oppress the people, but to touch the lives of people in as many as you can while there.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by GEW: 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2009
mmmmmmmm nigeria and stupidity
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by tamme: 11:04pm On Jul 11, 2009
where can I watch it?
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2009
you see the problem is that we as a people have had to live with this bullshit for so long and come to accept it as the norm, but eyes don open and things must change, we shall no longer accept nonsense from people entrusted with the mantle of governance, we shall always call them to order, they are running with the mandate that WE gave them, they didnt buy it in the market.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by mafioso(m): 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2009
And Dora Re-branded Her Daughter, While Ghanaians welcomed and celebrated the presence of Barack Obama in their country and most television cameras all over the continent were beaming the proceedings live, African Independent Television AIT was beaming live what I would describe as the most successful outing of the re-brand Nigeria campaign till date. grin
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bawomolo(m): 12:17am On Jul 12, 2009
If AIT is showing such LIVE then they must be really stupid!

stupid to get paid big?
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by blackspade(m): 12:25am On Jul 12, 2009
Any pictures?
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by vigasimple(m): 12:38am On Jul 12, 2009
mafioso:

And Dora Re-branded Her Daughter, While Ghanaians welcomed and celebrated the presence of Barack Obama in their country and most television cameras all over the continent were beaming the proceedings live, African Independent Television AIT was beaming live what I would describe as the most successful outing of the re-brand Nigeria campaign till date. grin

I am not a cynic but sometimes I know enough about politicians and the political game playing that I suspect the timing of Madam Nafdac daughter's wedding occassion is not an accident. It is propably deliberate

Unless we have members of the Press to asked the Honourable Minister of Information when was the wedding planned. It may be a deliberate attempt to misinform or do a chinesse or Iranian 'Newsblock' of OBAMA visits to Ghana as the government of YAR A'NONSENSE are not happy that OBAMA was not stupid enough like them to avoid coming to Nigeria.

They may also have the leak of OBAMA's message to CORRUPT and TYRANT(according to OBAMA in his speach) government which was exactly what PDP stands for. By us watching and criticising Akinyuli's daughters wedding, we would not talk of OBAMA's message to Tyrant calling themsleves democract who hold election now and then to confuse the people.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by oyinda3(f): 1:25am On Jul 12, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-295373.0.html

similar topic. apparently another politician's flamboyant b-day bash was aired on AIT
(video included)
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by SamMilla1(m): 4:59am On Jul 12, 2009
What was the name of the other governor in GOMBE or BAUCHI who invited every celebrity in Nigeria at her daughters Wedding?

We are listed as a failed state and this is what we get.
We, the computer age are just recieving slaps on from our faces.

Too bad for rebranding Nigeria,

Someone said marrying a foreigner is a matter  of personal choice,
Yea, what hope do we have if the childrens of the education minister studies abroad?
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 12, 2009
So now im now a friend 2 d akuyinli's and a bad citizen of naija cos i simply said d wedin had notin 2 do wit d nations ecönomy, wel like i said earlier,u guys shld get over it! It has hapnd, she is nw hapily maried.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2009
Love or no love between d couple,why should a whole minister of information engage in ds kind of stuff, Dora build a good profile wen she was in Nafdac,nw as a minister,i guess she is enjoying d privileges of her office, I doubt if AIT wil charge her for d live broadcast.The more reason Obama chose 2 go to Ghana.9ja has lost her place jst because of some public barau.re-branding my foot

Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Rebarobyn: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2009
adahna:

So now im now a friend 2 d akuyinli's and a bad citizen of naija cos i simply said d wedin had notin 2 do wit d nations ecönomy, wel like i said earlier,u guys shld get over it! It has hapnd, she is nw hapily maried.

@Adahna, you don't get it, do you? In which country in this world do you see public officers showing such flamboyance with so much impunity. Its nothing personal and it has nothing to do with the daughter getting married but her mother is a public officer and there's a lot going on in the Nigerian economy right now, a show-off of affluence on live TV with public office holders as invitees is just not right, lots of Nigerians lose their objectivity in sentiments, the wedding has happened and she is happily married now (good for her). But this has nothing to with the bride, its about DORA AKUNYILI's choices.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by amarilo: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2009
Love or no love between d couple,why should a whole minister of information engage in ds kind of stuff, Dora build a good profile wen she was in Nafdac,nw as a minister,i guess she is enjoying d privileges of her office, I doubt if AIT wil charge her for d live broadcast.The more reason Obama chose 2 go to Ghana.9ja has lost her place jst because of some public barau.re-branding my foot
Sometimes many of us don't understand this broadcasting of a thing. AIT is suppose to pay the couple for the broadcast and not the couple or Dora paying AIT. Unless Nigerian case is diff otherwise in other part of the world it is call TV Right and the TV station will pay for it.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Rebarobyn: 9:55am On Jul 12, 2009
amarilo:

Sometimes many of us don't understand this broadcasting of a thing. AIT is suppose to pay the couple for the broadcast and not the couple or Dora paying AIT. Unless Nigerian case is diff otherwise in other part of the world it is call TV Right and the TV station will pay for it.

In Nigeria, people pay broadcasters and magazines to cover their weddings and make it "a society function". Nigerians like to show-off and prove some stupid points. Its in our nature, we worship money, popularity and affluence, that's why we do anything to get rich. As far as I know, magazines like Ovation get paid to cover weddings, birthdays and funerals, same applies to private TVs. But the point is it requires consent and DORA AKUNYILI consented to it!
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by bombsquad(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2009
Rebarobyn:

. But the point is it requires consent and DORA AKUNYILI consented to it!

That is exactly is where she faulted, Imagine our ministers justifying obama's decision not to visit Nigeria while he is still in Ghana, Im sure he had AIT in his hotel room and was watching dora and Jonathan make a fool of themselves, I weep for Nigeria.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by benlay(m): 1:24am On Oct 14, 2009
@ Adahna have u had opprtunity to travel abroad at all? u really need to sit down and read your post over and over, a white man or wherever he is from will not suggest in the first place to air his wedding, na naija mentality and coming from the Akunyilis. They don't care about cos we are alone, this is more than "thriller", we're not ready for change at all,
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Oct 14, 2009
benlay:

@ Adahna have u had opprtunity to travel abroad at all? u really need to sit down and read your post over and over, a white man or wherever he is from will not suggest in the first place to air his wedding, na naija mentality and coming from the Akunyilis. They don't care about cos we are alone, this is more than "thriller", we're not ready for change at all,

talk am oo!!
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by utumma: 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2010
pls is their no hansom men in Nigeria? or have they not been re-branded? that, well love is blind.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by adigun101: 2:02pm On Feb 09, 2010
@Poster
I want to know if the whole marriage package was shown live or if only an extract was shown as part of news breifing or something.
If it was for how long and what time was it shown so that I can confirm this.
Sorry for being cautious but I know how you NLders can blow things outta proportion
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by DrKnow1(m): 2:24pm On Feb 09, 2010
@uttu mma
Why pulled this thread from the archives? It was posted more than six months ago. You just wanted to use it against her to damage her credibility for being courageous enough to take a different view about YAr'Adua's health whithin the FEC. Shior
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by Abumdon: 5:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
God should help us to put Him first in all we do .Power,money.fame,affluence should not come before God.God should also help us to do His will and not our will in our lives.
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by adeoladrg(m): 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
Wah was she thinking?
Re: Dora Akinyuli's Daughter's Wedding Shown Live on AIT earlier by adeoladrg(m): 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
Rubbish.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare / PDP Chairmanship: Fayose Calls On Stakeholders To Support Modu Sheriff / Breaking News! Enugu Presidential Result Alone Cancel APC Lead So Far - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.