Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. (3993 Views)

Niger Delta Youths Show Their Support For President Buhari (pictures) / Certificate Saga: Dino Melaye Thanks Nigerians For Support; Twitter Users Reply / Buhari Thanks Nigerians, Says No Cause To Worry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by Koleman(m): 1:54am On Feb 24, 2016
Omenkata:
[s][/s]
Nonsense trash
no amount of trashy excuses can justify this useless incompetent, docile and dumb administration.
Buhari is a bastard vagabond
abeg no miss Ur chance to buy rope this year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by Yyeske(m): 2:55am On Feb 24, 2016
modath:

@ the highlighted!
What nonsense is Ifeanyi Ubah talking?? Does he know better than world renowned chief economist / soothsayer Tonyebarcanista who claimed it is PMB & Emefiele's fault??

Abeg oooo, nor just talk dat thing again! tongue

Cc aresa, progressive01 , LRNZH , Bevista, Elosky20 , 989900 , kyase , francizy, sibrah , yyeske ...
Don't mind that talkative boy that talks beyond his sense, Ifeanyi Ubah nailed it
Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by Ojukwufrank: 4:36am On Feb 24, 2016
Omenkata:
[s][/s]
Nonsense trash
no amount of trashy excuses can justify this useless incompetent, docile and dumb administration.
Buhari is a bastard vagabond

You will just kill yourself over nothing. What a shame

2 Likes

Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by Qualer: 5:49am On Feb 24, 2016
wilcox:
Good, I think this man has the ordinary man on the street in mind. God will make Nigeria great again in no distance time. If you believe just wave your hand in the air.

Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by francizy(m): 6:36am On Feb 24, 2016
modath:

@ the highlighted!
What nonsense is Ifeanyi Ubah talking?? Does he know better than world renowned chief economist / soothsayer who claimed it is PMB & Emefiele's fault??

LoL! So now you indirectly agree that there are several elements sabotaging governments eh? By the way, have I ever told you that I don't take that guy, you mentioned, serious? Know it now...

Also, how come what Emefiele and the almighty Buhari couldn't see, analyse nor handle, an Ifeanyi Ubah is analysing and asking to be allowed to handle it? It means that competence lies in such places where some people love to look down on but choose to appoint other people based on nepotism. By the way, I've never been a fan of Ubah, but I must commend some of his efforts. Nice move and I hope he helps drag this useless dollar back to the official rate.

But swirry, you dey vex oh! See the kind gang way you been mention my moniker put... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by Bugatie(m): 6:42am On Feb 24, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Seems you didn't read what Ubah wrote else you would have known this has nothing to do with Ubah (although he stylishly made it look like)

A strong statement like he did is enough to make the dollar come down even further.

That FX market is all about speculation and the players have a field day when they feel the govt is saying or doing nothing.
Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by ashjay001(m): 7:17am On Feb 24, 2016
989900:
It was largely artificial to start with: fraud, racketeering, profiteering, hoarding, and e.t.c.

Shame on all those experts, especially Sanusi, calling for the devaluation of the Naira . . . they were fueling panic buying and hoarding.

Kudos to PMB for keeping steadfast: "I will not devalue the Naira", in the face of all the ridicule and pressures, both domestic and foreign.
SMH@all this Ivy-league schooled fraudsters without street training .

I guess the little nudge in crude prices, the CBN returning the BDC's deposits (indicating it is truly over), and the rallying of all Nigerians both public and private helped too -- we are still a far, far, way from home though.

See my brother with (un)commonsense! Bless u!
Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by modath(f): 7:35am On Feb 24, 2016
francizy:

LoL! So now you indirectly agree that there are several elements sabotaging governments eh? By the way, have I ever told you that I don't take that guy, you mentioned, serious? Know it now...

Also, how come what Emefiele and the almighty Buhari couldn't see, analyse nor handle, an Ifeanyi Ubah is analysing and asking to be allowed to handle it? It means that competence lies in such places where some people love to look down on but choose to appoint other people based on nepotism. By the way, I've never been a fan of Ubah, but I must commend some of his efforts. Nice move and I hope he helps drag this useless dollar back to the official rate.

But swirry, you dey vex oh! See the kind gang way you been mention my moniker put... grin cheesy

Nah, nobody there go bite, they know berra wink

So you know na sabotage but you are still saying it's PMB & Emefiele's doing, I won't argue just like the 2008 US financial crisis was Obama & Bernanke's doing as well!! sad

If you feel the crash was meditated by Ifeanyi Ubah's showmanship, issokay!! All I just want you to is highlight how do what you are claiming he did... BTW no one is giving him nothing, make e pay hin staff & Amcon

Me sha waka "deliberately" (fact finding cos of "una" here wey dey open thread with blog links without real life investigation ) pass Wuse zone 4 abuja (BDC HQ) yesterday & the traffic of people that came to dump FX nor be hia!!!
Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by francizy(m): 7:45am On Feb 24, 2016
modath:

Nah, nobody there go bite, they know berra wink

So you know na sabotage but you are still saying it's PMB & Emefiele's doing, I won't argue just like the 2008 US financial crisis was Obama & Bernanke's doing as well!! sad

If you feel the crash was meditated by Ifeanyi Ubah's showmanship, issokay!! All I just want you to is highlight how do what you are claiming he did... BTW no one is giving him nothing, make e pay hin staff & Amcon

Me sha waka "deliberately" (fact finding cos of "una" here wey dey open thread with blog links without real life investigation ) pass Wuse zone 4 abuja (BDC HQ) yesterday & the traffic of people that came to dump FX nor be hia!!!

LoL, so you sabi hammer pidgin like this eh?

Where on my previous post did I say he was behind the Naira rise? By the way, don't blame me if I had blamed Buhari and Emefiele initially, because APC thought me the blame games... grin cheesy

Or have you forgotten that every ills that befell Nigeria or is befalling Nigeria is as a result of GEJ's cluelessness even tho he's been gone for almost a year now...? cheesy

Sheybe if to say you never marry, I for come see you as I dey plan move from Zaria to Abj this weekend... cheesy

1 Like

Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by ImpactWorld(m): 7:52am On Feb 24, 2016
modath:

@ the highlighted!
What nonsense is Ifeanyi Ubah talking?? Does he know better than world renowned chief economist / soothsayer Tonyebarcanista who claimed it is PMB & Emefiele's fault??

Cc aresa, progressive01 , LRNZH , Bevista, Elosky20 , 989900 , kyase , francizy, sibrah , yyeske ...

Actually, it proves 2 points:

First, it proves that the fall in crude price is surely not responsible for such an astronomical fall in the value of the naira.

Second, it proves that those handling the economy are incompetent and totally bereft of ideas.
Or why will it take an Ubah, who is totally outside the economic team to champion the recovery of the naira?
Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by kuuljay(m): 8:07am On Feb 24, 2016
ImpactWorld:

First, it proves that the fall in crude price is surely not responsible for such an astronomical fall in the value of the naira.

Second, it proves that those handling the economy are incompetent and totally bereft of ideas.
Or why will it take an Ubah, who is totally outside the economic team to champion the recovery of the naira?
How did he champion it, search nairaland alone you will find thousands of people who knew, understood and was trying to educate others about the sabotage but all you could do was label them zombies
Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:37am On Feb 24, 2016
ImpactWorld:

As per your points I agree with you. Crude oil was never responsible like the APCists had wanted us to believe. The monetary policy even championed the scarcity that we are facing now.

As for solution, Ubah's idea is definitely a short term solution(though highly commendable), long term solution is to fix infrastructures and implement policies that will aid local production of quality commodities.
Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:49am On Feb 24, 2016
Progressive01:
That Messi with legs like antelope, na people like Gatusso fit am- frustrate am with endless fouls the way him frustrate CR7 for Inter game with Utd in 2007. Dude no dey send any baggar! grin
Well, congrats sha- not a Gunners fan but would have loved to see them triumph- I always have a thing for underdogs.
Modath, if I be ya hobby ehn, na two weeks "ban" go get you. What affront! grin
Underdogs no de score Barca. We no be their mate boss!

Congrat to Gunners, it was only 2 goals to zero.
Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by kaboninc(m): 3:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
francizy:

LoL, so you sabi hammer pidgin like this eh?

Where on my previous post did I say he was behind the Naira rise? By the way, don't blame me if I had blamed Buhari and Emefiele initially, because APC thought me the blame games... grin cheesy

Or have you forgotten that every ills that befell Nigeria or is befalling Nigeria is as a result of GEJ's cluelessness even tho he's been gone for almost a year now...? cheesy

Sheybe if to say you never marry, I for come see you as I dey plan move from Zaria to Abj this weekend... cheesy

Most people don't know that these issues are fueled by speculation.

Just 2 weeks ago, specifically on a Friday, there was a rumor that the CBN won't support payment of school fees and medical fees. This rumor came from a CEO of a Nigerian Bank. His reason was that the banks were looking for ways to support payments for essential goods and services and that school fees were not so essential. Just in a space of 1 hour, dollar rose from 320 to 375 to the naira. The panic was just too difficult to bear.

Only for the CBN to refute that rumor 2 weeks later.

Some days ago, Ifeanyi Ubah made his speculations about the naira and now, there's panic sale because the speculators feel that something would be done. The government is insisting on its decision not to devalue. Those who need the dollar for legitimate needs (like the importers) have just refused to purchase.

So the market is still based largely on sentiments and speculators.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by omoharry(f): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
Sweetlemon:

How exactly did he intervene? By boasting on social media and making himself look like a good boy?
Bad belle tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
Sweetlemon:

What's he capable of doing here please? Do you even know what causes rise/fall in Naira? That's a lecture for another day. The guy was only playing on some gullible folks abeg.
Let me tell you, most well-connected businessmen already know when dollar is going to fall and rise. When dollar hit N400 I told myself to quickly go and buy as much dollars as I can but bobo advised me against it. Wallahi on Saturday he told me the naira was going to rise next week. I took his advise obediently like I always do although I really didn't believe him. But look now!
Ubah knew this as well and decided to capitalize on this and make himself look like superman knowing how gullible some people are.
You really hate anytin IGBO,why didn't d naira appreciate until Ifeanyi Uba came out? Why didn't you come out to say the naira would depreciate dis week according to ur bobo,you think say we be babies here? Why didn't ur bobo put his thousand assets on d line if he was so sure naira would appreciate dis week against Ifeanyi Uba dat put his 500Billion assets to bring down Naira value to 200 in a month,don't let ur hate for IGBOs to make u talk anyhow abeg
Re: I.Ubah Thanks Nigerians For Their Support, Describes Dollar Rise As Artificial. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:09pm On Feb 24, 2016
IyaIode:
E duro naa o, is this fool claiming responsibility for the decrease in exchange rate.
Eleribu ni awon pple wan yin o
Nigeria is funny,a poverty stricken yoruba dat depends on Apc propaganda for pay is calling a great IGBO Billionaire a fool? You are a clown!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Rochas Grabbed AK47 From One Of His Security Men And Was Shooting It....... / Don’t Blame BUHARI, Jonathan Crumbles Nigeria’s Economy-ngozi Okonjo Iweala *say / Corruption: The US Senate Report That Finally Nailed Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.