Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind (29985 Views)

[superstition] The Making Of Smart Morons / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor] / Foreign Religions: The Bane Of Nigeria Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:07am On Feb 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh please ! Overwhelm me with the evidences you have termed "insufficient and unconvincing "

For example, my father was telling me that one the key evidence for God is that the earth was perfectly designed. He went forward to reiterate that the universe in all its complexity could not have
Originated without an intelligent designer. He also remind me that something cannot come out of nothing.

My father's argument is a theist argument I know so well, I used to hold tenaciously to it as well when I was on the other side of the fence.

The reality is that this argument is not enough, for a God to create a complex universe, His mind will have to be more complex than the universe, his powers infinitely greater than the vastness of the universe.

Now if this is true, then this God must have been created by a more complex, super God who in turn must be created by another God of increased complexity. This will lead to an infinite loop. For this loop to end, one entity in the loop must be exist without creation.

If a God that is super complex can exist without creation, why can't the universe exist without a creator?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:23am On Feb 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Another ignorant post from Johnydon22 . The Chinese are the MOST superstitious people on earth but have the fastest growing economy in the world - their rate of development makes America insecure . Ethiopia is a very religious country and has the fastest growing economy in Africa , many business reports say they'll soon upstage China . Norway is the most advanced in the world and has over 76 percent of its population identify as Christians.

Invariably , atheists equate unbelief in a deity to advancement - an egregious display of ignorance , a flagrant denial in the face of facts , and should be ashamed of their futile attempts to delineate the religious as backward .

I am not saying that despicable practices should be condoned but they do not impede advancement or development

I don't know why you hold on to belief that Norwegians are religious. An opinion poll has shown that alot of Norwegians that are nominal Christians do not actually believe in God. It is not abnormal, most Europeans (Non-immigrant) do not believe in God. It doesn't make Christianity less than what it is.

Let me correct one impression you have, you always address countries as being christian countries or atheists countries.

Most advanced countries do not hold any religious views as their official national dogma. There is a complete separation of state and religion. This I believe is more important than the demographics of the population in terms of belief.

You also said I claim US and UK are atheist countries, I never made such claims anywhere.

My problem with Nigeria is that we claim to be secular, yet we pray in government schools and buildings every morning as groups. I am not against invidual prayers.

Our national leaders go on pilgrimages at the expense of the payers. We indoctrinate children every morning in government schools without consent from parents. Our policies are shaped by the bible and/or the Quoran.

The US separated church and religion over a century ago . We shouldn't form policies on religious beliefs , it is wrong.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by stainlex(m): 7:03am On Feb 26, 2016
CoolUsername:

Something like this:

There are two extreme ends of a pole, on the extreme right we have Theism and on the extreme left, Gnostic Atheism. Right in the middle, we have Agnosticism, then between Agnosticism and Theism, we have Deism and between Agnosticism and Atheism, we have Agnostic atheism.

The Theist, is sure that God exists. The Gnostic Atheist is sure that God doesn't exist. The Agnostic, believes that it isn't possible to know whether God exists or not. The Deist believes in a First Cause God who doesn't influence the affairs of the world And finally, The Agnostic Atheist doesn't believe in God but doesn't rule out the possibility.

There are still other beliefs not covered here.

As for me and my house, we will remain equidistant from all by being in the middle grin.
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by blueAgent(m): 7:20am On Feb 26, 2016
taurus25:

lol read your article well....who were the people accusing the children of witchcraft??
"The pastor says there's a witch in this church today, looks around and points to a child - that means public humiliation for the family,” she said.
"The next step is exorcism which is not done for free. It's a money-making scam."

of course the religious ones!!!
are they no religous people in the uk? are some not still superstitious?
infact there is still a superstition in the uk that if you dont close your mouth while sneazing the devil would enter you..lolcheesy

now does this mean the whole of the country is superstitious? or even the majority of the country?

Senseless writeup to justify insanity.
weather U like it or not they are religeous. after 9/11 several churches in US were overwhelmed with people seeking Spiritual Help. stop spreading fake propangander.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by dalaman: 8:51am On Feb 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Another useless counter . The Chinese remain superstitious whether they purport themselves as atheists or not . They have they fastest growing economy in the world . From the first person in government to the last plebeian entity are overly superstitious

And your evidence to show that those in government who are responsible for their growing economy are superstitious is what? In what way does being superstitious contribute to their growing economy? How does being superstitious improve their transport, education and technological sectors for example? Being superstitious has never and will never contribute anything to their economic growth.

Norwegians have 76.1% of the population officially belonging to the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Norway as recorded in 2013 . Nigerians are acclaimed to be religious yet their empty seats in Churches .

Yet only one percent attend the church right? Christianity to them is just like a tribe or ethnicity that they identify with. The percentage of people that believe in the bible as the word of God is very low, to them the bible is no different from Harry Porter. They do not believe in creationism but evolution mostly, they have legalized gay union, will not accept most of the things written in the bible.

Ethiopia has the fastest growing economy in Africa and will soon upstage China and claiming the application of any religious principles is an idiotic statement .They are agriculture-based and they diversify into manufacturing , textiles etc. You just murdered facts in cold blood.

It shows you clearly that their development has nothing to do with being religious. if it has then you will be able to name at least one religious principle that is helping them advance economically since you claim that they are religious but advancing economically. Name the religious principle behind their economic advancement or drop this ridiculous point of yours.

Atheists claim that the human specie can be obliterated through AI Uprising , sudden asteroid attack , supervalcano , ecological collapse , nuclear war and possibly climatic change yet there are advances in various aspects of life why ? You dont seem to be a bright kind .

Which atheist? Name them. You are so shameless to equate science and what scientist claim to atheism. According to scientist an asteroid that is big enough can hit the planet and end all human life, they have made that claim with good evidence. It has nothing to do with atheism but with the reality of asteroids and how they can impact and destroy life on earth. Same goes for climate change and nuclear war. These things can end all life on earth, science doesn't tell us that we have another home or place to go to outside this planet, so as long as we are here we have to make sure that we preserve our planet and continue to improve the way we live.

Russia grew from a communist country into a religious one between the 1980s and 2000s and are advancing technologically . With a religious president determined to end terrorism in Putin.

If we take Russia up you will claim they are not religious bla bla bla. How is Russia a religious country?

Interestingly , again , only 7 percent of the total population of European countries identify as atheists , 16 percent as agnostic , 2 percent as muslims and 72 percent as Christians

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

Religion does not matter to majority of Europeans. They might identify with it, but it doesn't matter to them. They don't teach religion in their public schools, they don't attend religious gatherings and services regularly, they go against religious laws, any body that claims Europeans are religious doesn't know what he is saying. I live in Europe so I find it ridiculous when you keep insisting that European are religious. They are not religious at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:42am On Feb 26, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

I don't know why you hold on to belief that Norwegians are religious. An opinion poll has shown that alot of Norwegians that are nominal Christians do not actually believe in God. It is not abnormal, most Europeans (Non-immigrant) do not believe in God. It doesn't make Christianity less than what it is.

I do not know why you hold unto the belief that Norwegians are not religious . I told you being religious is ambiguous - the level of dedication to one's belief and the religious affiliation of a person or a particular country .

Norwegians believe in God and attending Churches does not make one more Christian than another . Sukkot right here made it clear that he is not church-going type of Christian . I've not been to church for a long time say three times in 14 weeks or so . Does it make me an atheist ? I still pray to God and believe in God .

Apply that same reasoning to the Norwegians and extricate your yourself from this quagmire

Let me correct one impression you have, you always address countries as being christian countries or atheists countries.

Most advanced countries do not hold any religious views as their official national dogma. There is a complete separation of state and religion. This I believe is more important than the demographics of the population in terms of belief.
Our national leaders go on pilgrimages at the expense of the payers. We indoctrinate children every morning in government schools without consent from parents. Our policies are shaped by the bible and/or the Quoran.

Most advanced countries ? Ive asked you to name these countries UK Prime Minister visited various religious organisations during his re-election campaign . The Royal Family attend Church every Sunday . The British Parliament hold prayers before commencing each day . The US holds a national prayer day - the first week of May . There are numerous faith schools in Britain and secularists keep complaining . The police is complaining of the rise of child-witches and the exorcism practice . Should I continue ?

So tell me the difference between Nigeria and these elusive advanced countries . I told you the Lagos Government shut down numerous churches due to noise population . Isn't that enough to repudiate your claims ?

You also said I claim US and UK are atheist countries, I never made such claims anywhere.

Are you being disingenuous ? When you claim these countries dont believe in God , what are they automatically ?

The US separated church and religion over a century ago . We can form policies on the believes of the religious, it is wrong.

You keep saying they do not believe in God and are nominal christians but keep insisting Nigeria is religious . Nigerians are superstitious just like China not religious . Can you name these policies on beliefs on the religious ? Do you know what religious tolerance is ? Its everywhere .

If you dont know . There is a proliferation of Muslims in European countries and by 2050-2070 Islam would be the dominant religion - a study has claimed . Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:51am On Feb 26, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

For example, my father was telling me that one the key evidence for God is that the earth was perfectly designed. He went forward to reiterate that the universe in all its complexity could not have
Originated without an intelligent designer. He also remind me that something cannot come out of nothing.

My father's argument is a theist argument I know so well, I used to hold tenaciously to it as well when I was on the other side of the fence.

The reality is that this argument is not enough, for a God to create a complex universe, His mind will have to be more complex than the universe, his powers infinitely greater than the vastness of the universe.

Now if this is true, then this God must have been created by a more complex, super God who in turn must be created by another God of increased complexity. This will lead to an infinite loop. For this loop to end, one entity in the loop must be exist without creation.

Can I ask you a question : You seem to have problems with the eternal nature of God but why dont you query scientists for describing energy as eternal .

Energy is complex - it cannot be created or destroyed but transforms to different forms . It is contained in matter and its everywhere . We need energy for work too and so on . How did energy derive the propensity to do all these if its eternal ? Where did it get its properties from ?

If a God that is super complex can exist without creation, why can't the universe exist without a creator?

Then can you prove the universe needs no creator ?
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:08am On Feb 26, 2016
dalaman:

And your evidence to show that those in government who are responsible for their growing economy are superstitious is what? In what way does being superstitious contribute to their growing economy? How does being superstitious improve their transport, education and technological sectors for example? Being superstitious has never and will never contribute anything to their economic growth.

The bible clearly said "faith without works is dead" . I am just saying the people are superstitious and are still very much improving . You can deduct whatever inference you want to make outlandishly as usual .

Yet only one percent attend the church right? Christianity to them is just like a tribe or ethnicity that they identify with. The percentage of people that believe in the bible as the word of God is very low, to them the bible is no different from Harry Porter. They do not believe in creationism but evolution mostly, they have legalized gay union, will not accept most of the things written in the bible.
Mister man . You were born a christian and now an atheist . It is illogical to identify as a christian but claim to have no faith in God . Nigerians were pagans before the nassence of Christianity , do we still identify as pagans ?

There is no proof to the above claims . There is theistic evolution . Those people are more open to allegorical interpretation of the bible . Again half-thinker , evolution does not disprove God . There are gay pastors . They believe that homophobia belongs to the Old Testament , just like stoning of non-virgins . You have made no point .

It shows you clearly that their development has nothing to do with being religious. if it has then you will be able to name at least one religious principle that is helping them advance economically since you claim that they are religious but advancing economically. Name the religious principle behind their economic advancement or drop this ridiculous point of yours.

Mr . Man the argument is that they a religious whilst developing or advanced . Stop making irrational bizarre claims .

Which atheist? Name them. You are so shameless to equate science and what scientist claim to atheism. According to scientist an asteroid that is big enough can hit the planet and end all human life, they have made that claim with good evidence. It has nothing to do with atheism but with the reality of asteroids and how they can impact and destroy life on earth. Same goes for climate change and nuclear war. These things can end all life on earth, science doesn't tell us that we have another home or place to go to outside this planet, so as long as we are here we have to make sure that we preserve our planet and continue to improve the way we live.

All these are in verisimilitude - there's an appearance of truth , likelihood , probability , but will never happen .

If we take Russia up you will claim they are not religious bla bla bla. How is Russia a religious country?

They have more people who are affiliated to religion . Putin is clearly a christian - do you want to dispute that shocked

Religion does not matter to majority of Europeans. They might identify with it, but it doesn't matter to them. They don't teach religion in their public schools, they don't attend religious gatherings and services regularly, they go against religious laws, any body that claims Europeans are religious doesn't know what he is saying. I like in Europe so I find it ridiculous when you keep insisting that European are religious. They are not religious at all.

There is a myriad of faith schools in Britain . There are numerous seminaries and missionary schools in catholic countries like Germany , Italy , the Vatican where they they teach religion . Orthodox Christianity is very much practiced in Russia Romania , Greece , etc and they teach religion in their schools . The UK Parliament prays before commencing each day . There is religious tolerance in those European countries . Stop making false claims Dalaman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by taurus25(m): 10:20am On Feb 26, 2016
blueAgent:

weather U like it or not they are religeous. after 9/11 several churches in US were overwhelmed with people seeking Spiritual Help. stop spreading fake propangander.
ok grin

1 Like

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by burnfire202(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2016
My people perish for lack of knowledge of the truth. Op u did a good job... Bt d truth u r sooooo far away from. Use not reason to justify bt seek the revelation of that which you call superstition. Wickedness grow faster than love on daily basis. My brother, ignorance of the truth depart frm it. Mislead not dis many i beg u in Gods name
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by dikachi04(m): 11:34am On Feb 26, 2016
Weah96:

ROFL, did you even read what you wrote? Who are you trying to deceive? Paul saw a blinding light, followed by what sounded like the voice of Thor from the Avengers. He was also struck with artificial blindness and instructed to seek treatment at an address he was given.
Where is my own light and voice? Where is my artificial blindness with the instruction manual on how to remove it?
You expect me to settle for your sweet tongue and the bandwidth you consume here?

Thats an example i made with Paul's life. Also you're you and nobody cn force u to believe what u dnt want to believe. Still God is God, never you say christianity is a scam, because i've experienced signs n wonders whch proved that the religion is real(Jesus Christ'). Really what has hating against this Faith done in ur life! You're missing a sweet life bro and mind u, u're also speaking blasphemy!
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by OneManLegion(m): 11:37am On Feb 26, 2016
Religion is the opium of the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by lepasharon(f): 11:53am On Feb 26, 2016
dikachi04:

Thats an example i made with Paul's life. Also you're you and nobody cn force u to believe what u dnt want to believe. Still God is God, never you say christianity is a scam, because i've experienced signs n wonders whch proved that the religion is real(Jesus Christ'). Really what has hating against this Faith done in ur life! You're missing a sweet life bro and mind u, u're also speaking blasphemy!

Muslims too have also experienced signs and wonders from Allah. Who now shall we believe?
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by dalaman: 12:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The bible clearly said "faith without works is dead" . I am just saying the people are superstitious and are still very much improving . You can deduct whatever inference you want to make outlandishly as usual.

Not completely true, while the bible does state that faith without work is dead, in some places, Jesus himself has stated many times that faith is all you need to perform magical feats and get things done.

And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” - Matthew 21:22

Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.- Matthew 21:21

Mister man . You were born a christian and now an atheist . It is illogical to identify as a christian but claim to have no faith in God . Nigerians were pagans before the nassence of Christianity , do we still identify as pagans ?

There is no proof to the above claims . There is theistic evolution . Those people are more open to allegorical interpretation of the bible . Again half-thinker , evolution does not disprove God . There are gay pastors . They believe that homophobia belongs to the Old Testament , just like stoning of non-virgins . You have made no point .

You seem to be a two faced person, just the other day you were haranguing Nigeria Christians as non Christians in the real sense, you stated that Sweden and Holland has more atheist than theist, now you seem to be singing a different song. Evolution if true disprove the God of the bible. The creation account in the bible is clear. Adam and Eve were literal human beings according to the bible. That can not be reconciled with what evolution states in any way. The problem is that most Europeans do not even believe that being gay is a bad thing in anyway. They see being gay as being black or being white(race). They don't see it as being bad. What they see as being bad is telling gays that they are bad for being gays.

Mr . Man the argument is that they a religious whilst developing or advanced . Stop making irrational bizarre claims .

The argument is that religion is not responsible for their development. Religion on it's own has never made any country develop.

All these are in verisimilitude - there's an appearance of truth , likelihood , probability , but will never happen .

What will never happen? Asteroids have already fallen into the earth and caused havoc, an asteroid that is big enough can leave its orbit and hit the earth and end all life. We have tasted the effect of a nuclear bomb that was dropped in Japan during world war 2. So what do you mean that it will never happen?

They have more people who are affiliated to religion . Putin is clearly a christian - do you want to dispute that shocked

Affiliated and their belief having an important role in their lives are very different things altogether . Religion does not have a major role to play in their lives. About 70% of Russians say religion is not important in their lives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country

There is a myriad of faith schools in Britain . There are numerous seminaries and missionary schools in catholic countries like Germany , Italy , the Vatican where they they teach religion . Orthodox Christianity is very much practiced in Russia Romania , Greece , etc and they teach religion in their schools . The UK Parliament prays before commencing each day . There is religious tolerance in those European countries . Stop making false claims Dalaman

I live in Germany, and the Germans are not religious at all. They don't go to church, they don't pray and they don't even believe in God, even those of them that believe in God believe differently for example they don't believe in miracles and other things, not like us. You can come here and see things for yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Can I ask you a question : You seem to have problems with the eternal nature of God but why dont you query scientists for describing energy as eternal .

Energy is complex - it cannot be created or destroyed but transforms to different forms . It is contained in matter and its everywhere . We need energy for work too and so on . How did energy derive the propensity to do all these if its eternal ? Where did it get its properties from ?

Then can you prove the universe needs no creator ?

The fact that no creator has come forth to claim the universe as his creation is enough to say that for now, no creator is needed for the universe.

Scientists do not claim energy is eternal, energy is indeed eternal it can neither be created nor destroyed but is transformed from one form to another.

But energy is not God, at least not the judeo- Christian God
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
taurus25:

lol you even have the strenght to analyse that poo
grin grin
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
Teempakguy:
This isn't funny, man. quit joking around and tell God to tell you the real answer.

Monkeys, who eat raw foods get cancers. Also, it has been demonstrated that tumors don't give a Bleep about what kind of food you eat. a stage four breast cancer isn't going to scram once you start eating salad #WRONG

I'm surprised our animal friends in the wild who totally eat raw aren't immortal. chimpanzees eat raw and they have half the lifespan of a human being. and yes, they do get cancer. and AIDs #WRONG

Tell that to the guys on the ISS. #WRONG

Dark matter is not even remotely related to the Higgs boson. Also, No. gamma rays have the highest electromagnetic frequency. Higgs boson isn't even an electromagnetic particle. #WRONG

Guys, this is the God sukkot desperately wants me to believe exists. the God that wouldn't pass the most basic of exams in either medicine or physics. A God who is asked 5 questions but responds to only 4 because it doesn't even understand the fifth question. A God who exists in the mind.

No thanks.
grin grin you need to be flogged with this your pseudo analysis. i will only touch on the cancer part to destroy your credibility that way I dont have to address all your pseudo analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l9EwUsXkfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoYZUhGNiuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGVRJROaZww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAC14ynyyIM
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
sukkot:
grin grin you need to be flogged with this your pseudo analysis

So It wasn't God who told you. it was YouTube.

People claim shit on YouTube. it's a user generated content site. nothing there can be taken as scientific fact. I've seen people claim that Elvis is alive, that they are growing taller after puberty, that the earth is flat, that all men should be killed, and so on. from that same website. quoting crap from there won't change anything.
In a sane world, you'd be banned from the site for posting wrong information.
Not only is raw food totally useless against cancer, it has dangers of it's own. ranging from germs to uncooked cellulose.
We both know anyone who takes your advice is only planning for his/her own death.

you have yet to explain why animals in the wild aren't immortal. here's an extra question. what about the Japanese that eat raw food. how come cancer doesn't avoid them like a plague?

I think it is you who needs a public beating for endangering people's lives with wrong and dangerous medical claims.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 10:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
Teempakguy:
So It wasn't God who told you. it was YouTube.

People claim shit on YouTube. it's a user generated content site. nothing there can be taken as scientific fact. I've seen people claim that Elvis is alive, that they are growing taller after puberty, that the earth is flat, that all men should be killed, and so on. from that same website. quoting crap from there won't change anything.
In a sane world, you'd be banned from the site for posting wrong information.
Not only is raw food totally useless against cancer, it has dangers of it's own. ranging from germs to uncooked cellulose.
We both know anyone who takes your advice is only planning for his/her own death.

you have yet to explain why animals in the wild aren't immortal. here's an extra question. what about the Japanese that eat raw food. how come cancer doesn't avoid them like a plague?

I think it is you who needs a public beating for endangering people's lives with wrong and dangerous medical claims.
God told me and then i went to youtube for testimonials and i saw many. once again you need to be flogged with lanyard for your pseudo-analysis. if you want 100 more videos of people cured of cancer by eating raw living food let me know. i will supply you. watch the 4 i already posted wink
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
sukkot:
God told me and then i went to youtube for testimonials and i saw many. once again you need to be flogged with lanyard for your pseudo-analysis. if you want 100 more videos of people cured of cancer by eating raw living food let me know. i will supply you. watch the 4 i already posted wink
Oh Pulease. enough of your crap. It is a movement called raw foodism. and it's proponents have been known to make outrageous claims to get people to join them. this is just a lighter version of breathism.

raw vegetables prevent cancer risk because they possess a higher nutritional value. but they do NOT cure cancer in anyway. Stop lying for your God.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by sukkot: 10:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
Teempakguy:
Oh Pulease. enough of your crap. It is a movement called raw foodism. and it's proponents have been known to make outrageous claims to get people to join them. this is just a lighter version of breathism.

raw vegetables prevent cancer risk because they possess a higher nutritional value. but they do NOT cure cancer in anyway. Stop lying for your God.
oh i see you not sold yet. here are three more videos. enjoy monsieur teempak grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsrksk0vpRQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiMFYIEMrOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxZA_gbyQNA
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by JackBizzle: 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
stainlex:

The atheist has his reasons for his stance. My own reason for not being an atheist lies solely on the fact that I don't find it rational (for now), just as I don't find theism rational. I'm of the opinion that neither side (theists and atheists) knows enough to come into an indisputable conclusion. This is my logomachy.

Agnostics are also atheists.

Atheism is a disbelief in God and thus covers a wide spectrum, from antitheism to agnosticism

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ne5jeKqrEkQ/T5f5-cSaD5I/AAAAAAAAFQU/lWUWXuRqDOI/s1600/chart2.png[/img]
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by JackBizzle: 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I respect agnosticism . You are the rational one . An atheist says he does not know or cannot explain the genesis of the universe and its constituents but he is sure a creator (God) is not responsible .

I've excogitated on those words and cannot fathom the rationality of the statement . Do you find it rational ? If you do , explain

An agnostic is still an atheist. Stop azz licking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:04am On Feb 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

Technically , yes . But how is this ass-licking . He said he is agnostic and I respected that , with an explanation to why I do so . Assuming I was against my fellow christian because of the things he said , then its ass-licking . You need to be lectured on ass-licking by AllNaijaBlogger - he's got the experience and all
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by johnydon22(m): 8:08am On Feb 27, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

For example, my father was telling me [size=20] that one the key evidence for God is that the earth was perfectly designed.[/size] He went forward to reiterate that the universe in all its complexity could not have

-Volcanoes

-Earth quakes

-Meteor showers

-Tornadoes

-Hurricanes

-Cancer

Millions of them are design? Neil Degress Tyson refer to that argument as "Stupi_d Design argument"

the earth is perfect indeed grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 27, 2016
blueAgent:

I have to agree with you here. This is the country with a pyramid with eye symbol on its currency. The land of vampire stories, Illuminati, santa clause and Halloween.

These people are so superstitious, that they excuse no. 13 out of their hotel room numbering, numbering of floors in high rise buildings for fear of bad luck.

2 Likes

Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:31am On Feb 27, 2016
dalaman:

Not completely true, while the bible does state that faith without work is dead, in some places, Jesus himself has stated many times that faith is all you need to perform magical feats and get things done.

And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” - Matthew 21:22

Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.- Matthew 21:21

You are now derailing , stay on track & focus on the argument .

You seem to be a two faced person, just the other day you were haranguing Nigeria Christians as non Christians in the real sense, you stated that Sweden and Holland has more atheist than theist, now you seem to be singing a different song. Evolution if true disprove the God of the bible. The creation account in the bible is clear. Adam and Eve were literal human beings according to the bible. That can not be reconciled with what evolution states in any way. The problem is that most Europeans do not even believe that being gay is a bad thing in anyway. They see being gay as being black or being white(race). They don't see it as being bad. What they see as being bad is telling gays that they are bad for being gays.

You are obviously not a good debater . You mentioned the belief in evolution and the practice of homosexuality in those country as a proof they do not believe in God . And I elucidated that those countries are open to allegorical explanations of the bible . An Irish man , KokoOyinbo , is a theistic evolutionist & he once said , I think , that most Europeans do so over there(are theistic evolutionists ) . I'll show you the post later.

And for homosexuality : I said there are gay pastors and people over there that believe that homophobia is of the Old Testament just like stoning of non-virgins .

I'm simply refuting your post not that I'm in support of theistic evolution or homosexuality being practiced by Christian Europeans . Bro , dont be slow . Try to keep up , its all about circumvention

The argument is that religion is not responsible for their development. Religion on it's own has never made any country develop.

You have no proof .

What will never happen? Asteroids have already fallen into the earth and caused havoc, an asteroid that is big enough can leave its orbit and hit the earth and end all life. We have tasted the effect of a nuclear bomb that was dropped in Japan during world war 2. So what do you mean that it will never happen?

Has it wiped out the human specie ? You claimed that Christians have no reason to advance because we believe this world is transient and I said that in the same vein atheists have no reason to advance because everything could end due to the aforementioned causes - supervalcao , asteroid strike , nuclear war , AI uprising etc . Scientists were just prognosticating because the benign form of these events have occurred before and AIs could get powerful and obliterate mankind since technology would get better .

Are you slow or are you being disingenuous as usual ? Focus on the argument - stay on track , dont derail .

Affiliated and their belief having an important role in their lives are very different things altogether . Religion does not have a major role to play in their lives. About 70% of Russians say religion is not important in their lives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country

Again , they are religious whether they say it plays no roles or it does that's not important .

I live in Germany, and the Germans are not religious at all. They don't go to church, they don't pray and they don't even believe in God, even those of them that believe in God believe differently for example they don't believe in miracles and other things, not like us. You can come here and see things for yourself.

A foreigner who lives in the North can say that Nigerians visit to mosque every friday , read their Koran and bow to Allah and there are few people who believe in Jesus Christ .

I'm sure you dont live in every part of Germany or houses of people to ascertain how they live their life religiously . Do you also live in their head to know if they believe in God ?

Again dont derail . Germany is a catholic country with numerous seminaries and missionary schools . They teach religion there .

Hör auf zu lügen und zugeben Deutschen sind religiös
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by lepasharon(f): 9:32am On Feb 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

I'm not an atheist o. That's a bad word embarassed tongue
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by johnydon22(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2016
lepasharon:

Hahahahahahaha teempakguy said this too..
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by JackBizzle: 9:36am On Feb 27, 2016
lepasharon:

/so what are you??
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by JackBizzle: 9:37am On Feb 27, 2016
johnydon22:
Hahahahahahaha teempakguy said this too..

It is the same reason that many womena dont call themselves feminists despite having feminist views. The MRA and religious apologists are good at demonizing labels
Re: Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind by johnydon22(m): 9:43am On Feb 27, 2016
JackBizzle:

It is the same reason that many womena dont call themselves feminists despite having feminist views. The MRA and religious apologists are good at demonizing labels
Of course .. For One to be Agnostic one would need to first disbelieve all the God(s) around before agreeing to the undecidability of those claims, that position makes one atheist.

You will see someone who believes in no God but still wouldn't like to be called atheist. . .

People need not address themselves as atheists or so if they find the label hard but it doesn't change the fact.

I am an agnostic atheist and i never leave the "atheist" part when saying that..

Think more likely people are atheists even when they don't yet agree with it or realize it yet.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Flood Sacks Presbyterian Church In Abia As Members Worship With Umbrellas -VIDEO / You Romance And Kiss People On Movie Set - Mike Bamiloye / Apostle Agochukwu: ''Nothing Will Happen To The Person Who Refused To Help You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.