Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,079 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? (2255 Views)

Ladies, What Do You Do If You See This Message On Your Fiance's Phone? / If Your Fiance/fiancee Collected This At A Buffet, How Will You React? / Cute Names You Can Call Your Husband/wife/fiance/fiancee/better Half (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by aktunde(m): 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2009
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by ibrokay(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2009
I will like to ask you some questions before passing my judgement.

1)Were you dating her before she left the country or you met her online?

2)What kind of insults or Shit is she giving you
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by aktunde(m): 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2009
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by agabaI23(m): 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2009
Poster,
Find out if anyone is telling her tales about you.
Also try and find out if she has another option. Probably she met another guy she will like to go for but have not made up her mind.
Again find out if she is under a certain kind of stress esp if the new stress has to do with your coming over.

if it would have been possible to find out why she quit her other relationship, it will be of help as that will tell you if she has always been an abusive person.

However for someone you have been with for 2 years to suddenly start misbehaving is not normal.

Something may be wrong. You can only try your best to diagnose what it is and see if it is remediable. If not, you may have to reconsider the marriage thingy.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by ibrokay(m): 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2009
agabaI23:

Poster,
Find out if anyone is telling her tales about you.
Also try and find out if she has another option. Probably she met another guy she will like to go for but have not made up her mind.
Again find out if she is under a certain kind of stress esp if the new stress has to do with your coming over.

if it would have been possible to find out why she quit her other relationship, it will be of help as that will tell you if she has always been an abusive person.

However for someone you have been with for 2 years to suddenly start misbehaving is not normal.

Something may be wrong. You can only try your best to diagnose what it is and see if it is remediable. If not, you may have to reconsider the
marriage thingy.
[/quote)
@Poster
I dont want to repeat what Agba just said.

Just ask her those questions and see her reactions.

What i discover about ladies is that they pretend a lot,and they can do anything to get what they want.

May be she is been pretending all this while,and since you have fallen in love and your family have accepted her,

she then brings our her true character.

Stop ignoring her calls and text messages,the 3days break is enough.

Call her and tell her your mind,that u cant take it anymore,if she is not ready to change

then you stop the wedding plan.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by aktunde(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2009
@ibrokay and agabaI23. Got you guys. Thanks so much.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 13, 2009
Would You Take Shit From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport

Well i guess your problem is not love.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by TheSeeker(m): 3:56am On Jul 13, 2009
I will start by answering your question in line with your topic. Will I take shit from my "fiance" because of her American citizenship? No I won't, why? Because I'm content with wherever I am from. I don't care who's an American and who's not. Wherever you find yourself, make an impact there. The problem you guys have is at the mention of American or British citizenship, you're ready to give in all you got to be citizens. That's total bullshit to me.

This "relationship" to me isn't about love, it's about getting married for the sole sake of getting an American citizenship which she may have suspected your desperation about, hence her ugly utterances at you. Since that is what you want, you should take the insults --- sorry if that was harsh but I'm still going in line with your topic.

If it is about love, I think you have to let your stance known to her and let her understand this isn't about her damn blue passport but about how you both feel about each other at least in your opinion. Let her understand that if that persists for another one month, you'll sever the relationship and if it continues for another month, please do as you have threatened. If she doesn't come to terms with herself and make amends with you then she's not worth the stress. But if that blue passport is so important to you, please take all the shits but what happens if you dumps you along the line? All the same I think you tow the caution line and be really careful or your pride will be sold for a cheap passport.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by aktunde(m): 11:22am On Jul 13, 2009
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by congoshine(m): 11:29am On Jul 13, 2009
@aktunde,
She's simply missing your GBOLA  shocked shocked shocked

When you cross over,give it to her consistently for 2 weeks she'll cool down . grin grin

Your GBOLA is your power my friend. . . .  . . .  . .congoshine say so  wink

on the other hand like someone says,she may feel yu're catching your fun at her expense & you as they say ,hell knows no fury like a woman scorned. . . .,you could try ask if she's been hearing gist about you and also why the foul language,but ultimately,GBOlA 'll solve the crime !!!! cheesy
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2009
my problem in this union is the fact that she is insulting/degrading you for no reason(unless you are saying less than what really happens in your 9ja life). i know women usually continue in this matters and i wouldnt be surprise if she keeps on insulting and degrading you the day something is not the way she wishes it to be in the US.
since you are going to get married, these issues need to be resolved before going any further and letting her know how these insults make you feel, should help. if after you told her how it makes you feel, she keeps on insulting you then i am sorry but it will NEVER stop.
some women might take that "passport" as a leverage she has on you and, maybe, coming back to 9ja for some years to let her understand that you obviously do not need her citizenship might get her back in "normal mood".
as for the question you asked, ME i wouldnt take shit from anybody, especially not someone who i was going to marry (it tells a lot about how life is going to be later). she might think she is better than you and therefore you need to let her know that: even if she was, this is definitely not the way to act with your future spouse.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by debest1(m): 12:37pm On Jul 13, 2009
I cant even believe the topic you gave this thread! Simply put, I wouldnt take any crap from anyone irrespective of their status! You're not even married yet and she insults you with ease, let me tell you if she ever gets married to you she seems the type that can get you locked up for some drummed up charges if you don't play ball with her; and she can do this even before you get that american citizenship. Don't be fooled my friend, save your dignity and call her bluff go for someone who truly cares about you, money and the american citizenship can still be obtained without mortgaging your happiness,
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by akaa(f): 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2009
Poster,
Your poster shows sincerity of heart, and as I see you, you are too good to be hurt, so I suggest you just map one week or just see a good pastor let him pray for you to confirm if that girl is really your wife ok, so that you will not make a mistake, I am a lady but I don`t like nagging woman or somebody who cannot take correction for ones. So just do as I told you and you will not regret it, in everything you do make God your first priority and you will not regret it.
Thanks
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by funkybaby(f): 12:53pm On Jul 13, 2009
aktunde:

Very strange, in about 2 months now, she has been using fowl languages on me. Words like, idiot, fool, crazy, mad, bastard, and the worst now, is that she is feeling unsecured. Once she calls me and I don't pick it up on time, its either she accuses me of being with another girl friend or my ex (whom she knows) and other things that piss me off. The she starts using words like "bastard liar, idiot or other bad words on me, even when I am innocent.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

and to add to all that , she is stubborn too?

so it is the man that she wants to marry she is calling such adjectives : ''mad'', ''a bastard'' , an ''idiot'' and ''a fool''
na wa oh.

what now happens when you relocate to live with her in the states ?
live in her house where she is paying the bills at least until you find your feet ?

anyway, i do not believe in bringing third parties into disputes between couples
call her and pour out your mind to her . she will most likely say she is sorry. if she acts the same way again, call off the wedding off asap.

there is nothing as bad as having an abusive partner. it might be pardonable for a man but a lady, no way !!

you need to be a man and take total control of your relationship.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by akaa(f): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2009
Poster,
Your poster shows sincerity of heart, and as I see you, you are too good to be hurt, so I suggest you just map one week or just see a good pastor let him pray for you to confirm if that girl is really your wife ok, so that you will not make a mistake, I am a lady but I don`t like nagging woman or somebody who cannot take correction for ones. So just do as I told you and you will not regret it, in everything you do make God your first priority and you will not regret it.
Thanks
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by GEW: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2009
funkybaby:

and to add to all that , she is stubborn too?

so it is the man that she wants to marry she is calling such adjectives : ''mad'', ''a bastard'' , an ''idiot'' and ''a fool''
na wa oh.

what now happens when you relocate to live with her in the states ?
live in her house where she is paying the bills at least until you find your feet ?

anyway, i do not believe in bringing third parties into disputes between couples
call her and pour out your mind to her . she will most likely say she is sorry. if she acts the same way again, call off the wedding off asap.

[size=18pt]there is nothing as bad as having an abusive partner. it might be pardonable for a man but a lady, no way !!

you need to be a man and take total control of your relationship.
[/size]  go ahead and marry her at your peril.  you wan open eye enter trouble.  you wonder why she couldnt get any man in america.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2009
ask her if she's experiencing a lot of stress at work or in her social life.

However, if she's so comfortable insulting you now, then dont expect her to stop after the wedding. And in America, if you lay a finger on your wife and she calls the cops, your own fit finish from there oh.

So think carefully and have a heart to heart discussion with her.

Unless you've both used words like that in a playful manner from the getgo?

Better a broken engagement than a broken marriage sha, if push comes to shove.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by sistawoman: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2009
Assumptions can kill a r/s.

You need to lay this all on the table and get to the root of it all. There is something that you are missing in communication with her and there is something that she is missing in communication with you.

How often do you spend time together?

Have you seen her here in the states?

How long has she been here?

Do you plan to visit a couple of months before the I do's?

Has all of your dating been over the phone, internet and long distance?

Is there a "main" thing that yall fight about all the time?

If she is in Maryland I would not mind meditating between you too as I am in MD.

Are you blowing it up or raising your back to assert your manliness?
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by TheSeeker(m): 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2009
sistawoman:

Assumptions can kill a r/s.

You need to lay this all on the table and get to the root of it all. There is something that you are missing in communication with her and there is something that she is missing in communication with you.

How often do you spend time together?

Have you seen her here in the states?

How long has she been here?

Do you plan to visit a couple of months before the I do's?

Has all of your dating been over the phone, internet and long distance?

Is there a "main" thing that yall fight about all the time?

If she is in Maryland I would not mind meditating between you too as I am in MD.

Are you blowing it up or raising your back to assert your manliness?

He says he's been with her for 2 years. In my opinion, I think there's more to it than makes the eye. If she suddenly starts to insult him, he as the man in the relationship, might know why she's suddenly nasty. He doesn't have to safely decide and jump to conclusions, he still has to talk to her and know why -- but I'm of the opinion that he knows where she's driving towards. However, I have to tell you though, 60% of Nigerian women who have US citizenship look down on their men because they think they have attained what's the biggest dream for a "lazy African" --- there are a few who are exceptional to this.

I have seen situations where women won Green card lottery and they just took their kids and left the men on their own, I am sure and still convinced that it was done out of unnecessary pride which is common among some Nigerian women. Thank God for civilization, they are getting out to see more of what the outside world has to offer and they are being more respectful these days --- I still make exceptions to women who were raised there from childhood. But the fact still remains 60% of those who leave here to there at rather older age will be puffed up at their men and that is what I think the poster is suggesting especially, as I am certain about, when he must have witnessed a lot of that around him. The questions you asked him are however good, but I don't think any of that could have warranted her to call him names(fool, mad, stupid, shit, bla bla bla) doesn't speak well at all and I don't think any man or woman should stand or endure that in a relationship. Respect is reciprocal and should be accorded to each other in that relationship and none of them should for any reason take advantage of an upper edge they have on the other, to insult or maltreat the other party after all, this is a relationship.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by sistawoman: 5:38pm On Jul 13, 2009
TheSeeker:

He says he's been with her for 2 years. In my opinion, I think there's more to it than makes the eye. If she suddenly starts to insult him, he as the man in the relationship, might know why she's suddenly nasty. He doesn't have to safely decide and jump to conclusions, he still has to talk to her and know why -- but I'm of the opinion that he knows where she's driving towards. However, I have to tell you though, 60% of Nigerian women who have US citizenship look down on their men because they think they have attained what's the biggest dream for a "lazy African" --- there are a few who are exceptional to this.

I have seen situations where women won Green card lottery and they just took their kids and left the men on their own, I am sure and still convinced that it was done out of unnecessary pride which is common among some Nigerian women. Thank God for civilization, they are getting out to see more of what the outside world has to offer and they are being more respectful these days --- I still make exceptions to women who were raised there from childhood. But the fact still remains 60% of those who leave here to there at rather older age will be puffed up at their men and that is what I think the poster is suggesting especially, as I am certain about, when he must have witnessed a lot of that around him. The questions you asked him are however good, but I don't think any of that could have warranted her to call him names(fool, mad, stupid, shit, bla bla bla) doesn't speak well at all and I don't think any man or woman should stand or endure that in a relationship. Respect is reciprocal and should be accorded to each other in that relationship and none of them should for any reason take advantage of an upper edge they have on the other, to insult or maltreat the other party after all, this is a relationship.

Would you not agree that anything taken out of context can look/sound horriable?

The Obama photo proved just that this week.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by bluespice(f): 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
i wont take shit from no one
especially a fiancee
irrespective of hi nationality

y'all need to talk about this
but an abusive relationship is not a healthy one
u should sort this out b4 u take the big plunge
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by TheSeeker(m): 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2009
sistawoman:

Would you not agree that anything taken out of context can look/sound horriable?

The Obama photo proved just that this week.

Yes anything taken out of proportion and context will definitely look horrible. I'm not asking him to safely assume she's insulting her because she has an American citizenship. She might be going through some bad moments and have a lot going through her minds and sure doesn't want to bother him about it, or she's being seriously sarcastic and it becomes hard for her to handle it in the right proportion, it might even be a newly discovered attitude and worst still maybe she's on crack -- there are many reasons besides her national status. But what I'm saying is, from experiences gathered from people around him, he may have felt safe to assume so. I'm not saying he's right but that if he finds out that's why she's been awkward then he should let go if he knows he can't stand it. For me, I don't think she can all of a sudden start hurling insults at him for no reason; there's got to be something major about it. Maybe she's even tired of the guy and wants to find a smart way to get rid of the guy because for some reasons, I think an insulting attitude can't be developed overnight, not even after 2 years of relationship. My line of suggestion still remains that he talks to her and find out what is going on -- then it'll all be fair. Right now whatever decision he makes will be rash and I don't think he should ignore her calls or messages, they should talk it through
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by platinumnk(f): 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2009
as sisterwoman kindle pointed out, there are two sides of the story. I wasn't going to speak on this but I was in the same situation 2 weeks ago. any small thing he would throw a hissy fit and say im insulting him when if I told anybody the same thing they wouldn't be offended. my dear she is stressed out, take it from me and to me u show aloofness because she is AM citizen. are u trying to prove that u don't need a green card or that u love her?

sisterwoman do ur magic, and dig deep.
i'll be observing. . .
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by touchmeder: 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2009
A time bomb ticking by waiting to explode thats what that woman is. Sorry to say, on the other hand she may have exposed herself or learnt alot of those oyibo way of life she forgets where she is coming from or who she is dealing with. Sorry all the time will soon tire you. you need to see a real change in her. since you say you have the means maybe you could go over once in a while or she could come over (this is very tough i know)
i'd not rush too fast with plans of marriage with this sort of woman, i wonder how long you can even take what she is dishing. Maybe you should give it a short break let everyone go and think what is good for them and access their attitude. please plan to meet up before saying i do and resolve every doubt you have in your heart before you go ahead, pray too.
finally sometimes a life in America or even the UK is not everyone's destiny. do you want to move there because you are persuaded and totally convinced its the right step in your life? you say you are doing well in Nigeria. not the one u will go der and begin to work your way to the top and start blaming your passport wife. you need to be sure and convinced 100%.
all the best oh
there just may be hope sha u said she has never been this way, if she puts her heart to it, she can drop the insultive behaviour.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by touchmeder: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2009
platinumnk:

any small thing he would throw a hissy fit and say im insulting him when if I told anybody the same thing they wouldn't be offended. my dear she is stressed out, take it from me and to me u show aloofness because she is AM citizen.

that could be a very good reason too, to suddenly burst out and not even realize your being insultive or less patient. the nursing profession is a very demanding one but to consistently act that way should raise alarm bells for any sane person. i am of the opinion that since poster said she was never like this, she can work her way out of the mess too. its a concious thing. i had to do some corrections like this myself after my bf complained that i was no longer patient with him and lashed out too fast.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by boy1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2009
who's she 2 rain curses on u?damn her and d kpali.
be careful cos "when jungle mature u go know who be who".
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 13, 2009
platinumnk:

as sisterwoman kindle pointed out, there are two sides of the story. I wasn't going to speak on this but I was in the same situation 2 weeks ago. any small thing he would throw a hissy fit and say im insulting him when if I told anybody the same thing they wouldn't be offended. my dear she is stressed out, take it from me and to me u show aloofness because she is AM citizen. are u trying to prove that u don't need a green card or that u love her?

absolute nonsense. She's the only one stressed out?
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by sistawoman: 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2009
I am still waiting to hear from the poster.

I am wondering how often she really is acting this way?

What are the words or pharses?

What subject matters are you discussing?

I am always available to talk off line if you dont want it here on NL.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by gen2genius(m): 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2009
Imagine some people saying her attitude could be because of stress! Typical of some women to always justify a woman's irrational behaviour with useless excuses. So, if a man is stressed out, he's justified to verbally abuse his fiance? Anyway, you can always tell - by people's comments -  the way they relate with their spouses in certain situations, when "stressed" for example. RUBBISH!  angry

@ Poster:

If she could be so disrespectful while you're not yet married, you can be sure of what to expect when the knot is tied. So, sit her down and let her know how you feel about the whole thing. You could appeal to her emotions by letting her know that you're concerned about her sudden change of behaviour and would like to know what the problem is. If she has no reasonable response and remains rude, give her a LAST WARNING and make sure it's not an empty threat. Be the MAN! wink
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by TheSeeker(m): 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2009
platinumnk:

sisterwoman do ur magic, and dig deep.
i'll be observing. . .
touchmeder:

that could be a very good reason too, to suddenly burst out and not even realize your being insultive or less patient. the nursing profession is a very demanding one but to consistently act that way should raise alarm bells for any sane person. i am of the opinion that since poster said she was never like this, she can work her way out of the mess too. its a concious thing. i had to do some corrections like this myself after my bf complained that i was no longer patient with him and lashed out too fast.

I have to ride along with y'all on this one. For a relationship of 2 years, it's rather absurd that she starts to insult just 2 months ago -- there's more to it that he has to find out. I have to say also that the way he presented the thread borders in between him wanting a US citizenship and her discovering that's what he wants and taking that as an advantage to lash out on him;which differs from his intention of this thread. If he talks to her I'm sure it's stress-related. Maybe she's been going through a lot of mess, might be anything, a loan, some debt, anything that's stressful. I advise he talks to her and find out what is going on. I wanted to find the guy's intentions questionable but it seems he's serious about her and she is stressing about other things but the issue of AM passport is definitely out of the question. Communication works magic in any relationship -- you can never quantify its effectiveness.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by sistawoman: 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2009
I am not jumping to her side because she is a woman.

There are three sides to everything:

His
Hers
Truth

Someplace between his and hers lies the truth.

Men and women communicated so very very differently and to have all of sudden changed in two months with less than half a year to marriage there is something that is not being discussed between these two.
Re: Would You Take poo From Your Fiance/fiancee Because Of Her American Passport? by aktunde(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Ex And First Love Wants Me Back, What Do I Do? / I Need A Real Guy In My Life / I Don Tired Of Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.