Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? (5678 Views)

Nigerian Man Killed By Wife In Cameroon Buried Today, Wife's Picture Attached / Man Dumps His Wife In Nigeria & Travels To The US. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by INFOTECH2: 6:07am On Feb 26, 2016
Finally, the water broke! Since 10:05pm last night it's been coming in trickles but but 3:40am it has been increasingly more with cramps.

Another painful cramp by 4:10am and I decided we must leave home by 5am for the hospital.

Got to the general hospital by 5:40am and she has gone into the labour ward. Nurses still a bit sleepy but have asked her to use sanitary pad(panty liner already in place) and have a seat.

Main question is what exactly should I be doing now as her husband apart from praying. Dont want to call family members just yet.

Our first baby.
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by DUNKA(m): 6:09am On Feb 26, 2016
And u are here chatting? angry angry angry WTF!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by whirlwind7(m): 6:14am On Feb 26, 2016
INFOTECH2:
Finally, the water broke! Since 10:05pm last night it's been coming in trickles but but 3:40am it has been increasingly more with cramps.

Another painful cramp by 4:10am and I decided we must leave home by 5am for the hospital.

Got to the general hospital by 5:40am and she has gone into the labour ward. Nurses still a bit sleepy but have asked her to use sanitary pad(panty liner already in place) and have a seat.

Main question is what exactly should I be doing now as her husband apart from praying. Dont want to call family members just yet.

Our first baby.

Chill.
I'm sure the nurses will call for your attention when it's needed.
Let nature take it's course. So long as it's a normal delivery, you will only be needed AFTER the birth of the baby.

Just keep lots of cash handy.

2 Likes

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by Nobody: 6:14am On Feb 26, 2016
Na early rushing to d hospital naa. But come ooo, water broke since 10:05 pm and u waited till d next day before taking her to d hospital. Na wa for u ooo. Anyway, safe delivery to ur wife. Just pray harder...

8 Likes

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by INFOTECH2: 6:16am On Feb 26, 2016
We are there already!

Alejhandro:
Na early rushing to d hospital naa
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by sexysegggs: 6:18am On Feb 26, 2016
DUNKA:
And u are here chatting? angry angry angry WTF!!!!
He is chatting to ask reasonable question. Provide an answer to this.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by Katier00(f): 6:23am On Feb 26, 2016
just cool down and take a walk while you say a little prayer for her. everything will be fine

1 Like

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by bigtt76(f): 6:23am On Feb 26, 2016
Keep praying dear. May God grant you both a safe delivery in Jesus Name Amen. May your child bring to you abundant blessing and may s/he be a blessing to his/her generation and many who encounter him/her in Jesus Mighty Name we pray.... Amen! smiley

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by Sparklequeen(f): 6:36am On Feb 26, 2016
Ehya I feel for you. Ur heart must be beating fast now. Please hold lots of cash, she will deliver safety, am praying too.

1 Like

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by cococandy(f): 6:44am On Feb 26, 2016
Massage her waist if the pain increases.

1 Like

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by thorpido(m): 7:16am On Feb 26, 2016
^^^E never reach that stage coco.Na stage 1 she dey.smiley
Just chill Op.When the contractions come more frequently,she will be checked to see how much dilated she is.I hope you guys have your bag packed already.
In the next hour or more,she will get to the more active stage.Then you can help massage her waist like cococandy said.You are at the general hospital so i'm not sure you will be allowed into the labour ward.
Hold enough cash cos you might be asked to pay some money/buy some things.
Wish your wife safe delivery.

By the way,you don't need to call anybody except your mama na nurse.It's usually after the placenta is out that the calls should be made.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by GodnGold: 7:24am On Feb 26, 2016
Relax yourself.
But be very close to the nurses,don't take a long walk.
Trust your instincts on whatever it tells you.
Pray quietly by seeing the face of your pumpkin in your hands and that of your wife in your minds eye.
Finally,if she labours so much and it gets tough (but it wont),remember the alternative immediately and act fast.
I hear your baby's first cry and see your wife's smile.
Congratulations sir!
Shalom!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by Onegai(f): 7:40am On Feb 26, 2016
Talk to her and try and keep her distracted and be encouraging the cramps. Tell her "breathe deeply, slowly, oya breathe out".

Well done Dad!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by cococandy(f): 7:46am On Feb 26, 2016
Lol.
I said of the pain increases na. grin
thorpido:
^^^E never reach that stage coco.Na stage 1 she dey.smiley
Just chill Op.When the contractions come more frequently,she will be checked to see how much dilated she is.I hope you guys have your bag packed already.
In the next hour or more,she will get to the more active stage.Then you can help massage her waist like cococandy said.You are at the general hospital so i'm not sure you will be allowed into the labour ward.
Hold enough cash cos you might be asked to pay some money/buy some things.
Wish your wife safe delivery.

By the way,you don't need to call anybody except your mama na nurse.It's usually after the placenta is out that the calls should be made.

1 Like

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by jashar(f): 8:13am On Feb 26, 2016
cheesy she don born? Daddy baby cheesy
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by Chidoks(f): 8:18am On Feb 26, 2016
There is basically nothing to do. Pace ( that's what you guys do) pray, chatting is good though you may not enjoy it.I guess she's in the ward and general hospitals I know don't allow men inside except if the child has come or if you paid for a private room but whatever the case stay a bit far from her, her cries will destabilize you. Talk to her on phone. You can call her mum only to intimate her. Try and be calm
But they said it's not adviceable to announce that a woman is in labour sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by TheArchangel(f): 9:46am On Feb 26, 2016
You say general hospital...hehehehe
Just get out of the nurses way and keep a safe distance.
Stay by her side if it is allowed.
Massage her waist when the contraction starts and fan her when there is retraction. Let her practice breathing exercise with her mouth open in between contractions. She shouldn't be walking about as a result of the ruptured membrane to avoid infection.
Keep her hydrated but incase she is vomiting involve the nurses.
On no account should she go to the toilet even to urinate without informing the nurses.

It is a normal process but trust your instinct, once the nurse starts frowning that something isn't right suggest the other option you have in mind, no dulling, it saves life. Someone like me won't hesitate to wheel the mother straight to the theatre.

Remember ......PRAYER.

I wish her a safe delivery. Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by PresVA: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2016
We're waiting for the baby pictures oo Op smiley smiley
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by INFOTECH2: 11:10am On Feb 26, 2016
Well the baby is still in there. Seems he does not want to come early but nature will guide him out.

PresVA:
We're waiting for the baby pictures oo Op smiley smiley
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by INFOTECH2: 11:34am On Feb 26, 2016
Thanks for the advice. Though I just got chased out by the nurses. It's truly not an easy task for women oooo.

Wifey is in such a state that I could not bear to see but am praying for safe delivery.

TheArchangel:
You say general hospital...hehehehe
Just get out of the nurses way and keep a safe distance.
Stay by her side if it is allowed.
Massage her waist when the contraction starts and fan her when there is retraction. Let her practice breathing exercise with her mouth open in between contractions. She shouldn't be walking about as a result of the ruptured membrane to avoid infection.
Keep her hydrated but incase she is vomiting involve the nurses.
On no account should she go to the toilet even to urinate without informing the nurses.

It is a normal process but trust your instinct, once the nurse starts frowning that something isn't right suggest the other option you have in mind, no dulling, it saves life. Someone like me won't hesitate to wheel the mother straight to the theatre.

Remember ......PRAYER.

I wish her a safe delivery. Amen.
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by TheArchangel(f): 11:47am On Feb 26, 2016
INFOTECH2:

Thanks for the advice. Though I just got chased out by the nurses. It's truly not an easy task for women oooo.

Wifey is in such a state that I could not bear to see but am praying for safe delivery.

grin grin Just be useful or appear so like fanning her, and SMILE AND CRACK JOKES about names to give the baby and how soon she gonna get pregnant so she will attempt to break your head grin grin cheesy. Cheer up abeg. Do not look forlorn I hate that personally.

2 Likes

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by Chidoks(f): 11:53am On Feb 26, 2016
INFOTECH2:

It's not easy but natural. Anyway keep praying, don't stress yourself. Since they chased you, you cannot do much. You guys can talk on phone. Cheer up, you'll soon be a daddy. I'm praying with you too..
I suspect it's a boy. Boys will always be boys y'know grin

1 Like

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by Chidoks(f): 3:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
INFOTECH2:

Our first baby.
Bro. How far na? Let's hear the good news please...
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by Faith111: 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hope baby has arrived?

Please if Labour is not progressing opt for a C.S...

I wish her the safest of all delivery.
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by INFOTECH2: 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Well baby has not arrived but actual labour seem to have started about an hour ago.

I have been told she is progressing. Meaning she is dilating gradually.

Waiting and praying.

Faith111:
Hope baby has arrived?

Please if Labour is not progressing opt for a C.S...

I wish her the safest of all delivery.
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by INFOTECH2: 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Not yet

Chidoks:

Bro. How far na? Let's hear the good news please...
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by Onegai(f): 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Eya.

Please speak to the doctor. I know first babies take time but let your baby be monitored so there is no distress that they will miss. I was in Labour for a day and a half and her heart rate dropped at some point. So let them be watching her. What you can do, is go buy Maltina drinks for the nurses with your wife, so they're in a good mood (there should be one or 2 with her constantly, even if they change shift). Also get some ice cubes for madam, as she's probably thirsty and they can't give her water

2 Likes

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by tpiar: 5:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
INFOTECH2:

Our first baby.

keep us updated, I'm following your thread.
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by raumdeuter: 5:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
All the best Daddy Junior
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by INFOTECH2: 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thank you all for your kind words. It finally happened by 6:55pm this evening.

A Boy has been gifted into my family by the Almighty.

Very grateful to the Almighty for this miracle and I also pray the guidance of the Almighty in his upbringing.

Thank you all

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by Onegai(f): 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
Alreit!!! grin grin grin CONGRATULOBIA!!
Re: Wife In Early Labour: What Do You Do? by cococandy(f): 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
Congrats smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

How An Automatic Changeover/ats Controls Your Gen And Connects Your Home Safely / Please Help Save A Sister's Life... / Eid Ul Adha Essay Article Paragraph In Hindi English Urdu Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.