Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following (18835 Views)

Daddy Freeze Tithe Against Poverty (TAP) Challenge: Lady Gives One Million Naira / 5 Ways Apostle Suleman Can Prove His Innocence In Stephanie Otobo’s Sex Mess / TB Joshua Speaks On Buhari's Health, Naira To Hit 650/US1$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 2:08am On Mar 02, 2016
To have a proper understanding of how Grace works, and of the fact that it does not blot out the moral law of GOD, click on this link: www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/25/t/does-gods-grace-blot-out-the-law
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 2:15am On Mar 02, 2016
To clearly understand the true message of Romans 7 (which many people misunderstand), please click on this link: www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/10066/t/the-flesh-and-the-spirit
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 2:19am On Mar 02, 2016
To know the truth in detail about the Sabbath of GOD, I urge you to click on this link: www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/87/t/why-god-said-remember
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 2:21am On Mar 02, 2016
And to know why the old covenant failed, I urge you to click on this link: www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/88/t/why-the-old-covenant-failed
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 7:05am On Mar 02, 2016
Philadelphia:

Is Prophecy a commandment? Check dictionary meaning of commandment.
But Jesus came to fulfill (not merely obey like Zechariah, Elizabeth etc did) the Law, what then?

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 7:07am On Mar 02, 2016
Philadelphia:

Book, chapter and verse?
the ones you can glean from the Pentateuch
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 7:11am On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Here is Ezekiel prophesying about the apostate church (the Roman Catholic Church) breaking the Sabbath of GOD and teaching men to do so:
Ezekiel 22:26 "Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things...and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them"
That is not a prophesy! It is simply uncovering the sins prevalent then. What holy things was profaned by the Rcc? (BY THE WAY I AM NOT A CATHOLIC) who were the reference here according to the context?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 7:14am On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Which of my claims are wrong? And how many times will I have to tell you that this argument surrounding the Sabbath of GOD was not there when Jesus and the apostles and the early Christians were on earth? Were the apostles ever accused of breaking GOD's Sabbath?
And how many times did they urge the Gentiles to keep the sabbath for salvation? The excuse of the sabbath not being an issue then suggests rather heretically, that the Bible needs to be updated to address modern day issues! God forbid!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 7:16am On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Show me any single text in the Bible where it is implied that at the time Jesus and the apostles were on earth, there was any doubt as to whether the Sabbath had to be kept or not.
Question: IS THE BIBLE COMPLETE OR NEEDS SOME ADDENDA TO MATCH PRESENT CHALLENGES THAT WERE NOT THERE AT THE TIME OF WRITING?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 7:34am On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Which of my claims are wrong? And how many times will I have to tell you that this argument surrounding the Sabbath of GOD was not there when Jesus and the apostles and the early Christians were on earth? Were the apostles ever accused of breaking GOD's Sabbath?
In/effect, you are implying that Jesus could reveal the moral conditions in the last days in Matthew 24 but failed to see the sabbath issue then; Paul could prophesy about the spiritual declension in the last days as 2 Timothy 3 shows but somehow skipped sabbath breaking; Peter, Jude etc perfectly described the impact of false teachers in the last days yet NONE was Inspired by the Spirit to see sabbath breaking!!! What an outrageous claim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 7:37am On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
But Jesus came to fulfill (not merely obey like Zechariah, Elizabeth etc did) the Law, what then?

It is obvious that you are running away from the truth as you deliberately avoid the questions asked you by DoctorAlien and I.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 7:38am On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
the ones you can glean from the Pentateuch
It is obvious that you are running away from the truth as you deliberately avoid the questions asked you by DoctorAlien and I.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If the Law is Holy and righteous, why would we need to be released from it? Are we going to be released from something Holy? Answer me.

The scriptural answer is yes. It has fulfilled its role. It is holy cos it came from God. However, God gave it for a purpose, to make transgression manifest.

But can it make those under it perfect? Nope. It can't fulfill that role for which it was not meant. It is thus weak and ineffective as regards perfection of humans. Heb 7:18, 19. It then needs to be set aside for another to finish the job.

The tabernacle and its utensils were holy, but has been done away with cos it has served its purpose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
Philadelphia:

What's your understanding of the bolded?

Check the comment I quoted to see how it relates.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
In/effect, you are implying that Jesus could reveal the moral conditions in the last days in Matthew 24 but failed to see the sabbath issue then; Paul could prophesy about the spiritual declension in the last days as 2 Timothy 3 shows but somehow skipped sabbath breaking; Peter, Jude etc perfectly described the impact of false teachers in the last days yet NONE was Inspired by the Spirit to see sabbath breaking!!! What an outrageous claim

LOL. Have you now resorted to laying false accusations against me? Where did I ever imply that the Bible was not complete?

Meanwhile, you keep running from the question I asked you: Did Jesus obey the 10 Commandments when He was on earth? Answer with yes or no.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
And how many times did they urge the Gentiles to keep the sabbath for salvation? The excuse of the sabbath not being an issue then suggests rather heretically, that the Bible needs to be updated to address modern day issues! God forbid!

Tell me where and how I implied that the Bible needs to be updated?

Instead, you're the one who has outrightly implied that the Bible needs to be updated, since you have disputed the truths contained in it. What can a man have against the moral Law of GOD? You keep resisting the truths of the Bible, twisting and distorting and misinterpreting Bible verses to suit the lie you have chosen to believe.

With what are the disciples of GOD sealed? Isa. 8:16 answers.

It does not matter whether you are in the RCC or not: all the churches which have inherited Sunday worship from the RCC and teach and practice it are the harlots being talked about in Rev. 17:5. The RCC is the mother of harlots.

The Law of GOD is eternal
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:

James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all". James was writing this epistle to the early church of which Gentiles were part. This is James exhorting Christians to keep the commandments of GOD fully, not choose some to keep, and others not to keep.

You honour your parents, you don't kill, you don't steal, you don't bear false witness, you don't covet; all these things are from the same law. Why then would you choose to break one of the laws? Is the 4th commandment not also part of the Law?

You are the one implying that the Bible needs to be updated, if you dispute what is so clearly written in the Bible.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
Question: IS THE BIBLE COMPLETE OR NEEDS SOME ADDENDA TO MATCH PRESENT CHALLENGES THAT WERE NOT THERE AT THE TIME OF WRITING?

The Bible is complete. I wonder when the completeness of the Bible became an issue.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:

Why would you even bring up the word "gentile" in your argument? Do you consider yourself a gentile even when you claim to be a Christian? When the GOD is very clear that "there is neither Jew nor Gentile...in Christ Jesus"(Gal. 3:28) ?

We are the spiritual Israel of GOD. The excuse that the Gentiles were not commanded to keep the Sabbath of GOD is a lie I don't know where you got from. There is neither Jew nor Gentile in Christ.

If you hear His word today, do not harden your heart.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2016
JMAN05:

The scriptural answer is yes. It has fulfilled its role. It is holy cos it came from God. However, God gave it for a purpose, to make transgression manifest.

But can it make those under it perfect? Nope. It can't fulfill that role for which it was not meant. It is thus weak and ineffective as regards perfection of humans. Heb 7:18, 19. It then needs to be set aside for another to finish the job.

The tabernacle and its utensils were holy, but has been done away with cos it has served its purpose.

If you claim you have been released from the moral Law of GOD, under whose law are you now?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 8:03pm On Mar 02, 2016
JMAN05:

If you claim that the Law of GOD has been done away with (just like utensils), what do you have to say about this verse? Psalm 119:160 "All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal"

You also claimed the Law of GOD was "weak and ineffective": Here is what the Law of GOD can do in a man: Psalms 119:9-10 "wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word...O let me not wander from thy commandments."
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 8:12pm On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:

Now answer the question with yes or no: did Jesus obey the 10 Commandments when He was on earth?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 8:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:

Indeed, whoever that teaches you that you can now disregard the Holy Sabbath of GOD is a false teacher, whoever he is. Paul warned us about such teachers, who have a "form of godliness but deny the power thereof" (2 Tim 3:5).

The funny part of it is that Paul says that they are "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of truth"(2 Tim 3:7). LOL. They think they know much about GOD and His ways yet they continue in stark disobedience to the even the plainest of the truths of GOD revealed in the Bible.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If you claim that the Law of GOD has been done away with (just like utensils), what do you have to say about this verse? Psalm 119:160 "All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal"

You also claimed the Law of GOD was "weak and ineffective": Here is what the Law of GOD can do in a man: Psalms 119:9-10 "wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word...O let me not wander from thy commandments."

Like I said, law of Christ is still God's law. The principles of the old law still guides xtians. However, the mosaic law has fulfilled its purpose. You cant come now as a christian to kill a son who curse his father, nor stone a young single lady who slept with a man, nor do xtians kill a kidnapper, nor should you avenge when someone murders another intentionally. Exod 21:14-24, nope. We are not under that law.

But these laws helps christians to see how serious God takes those crimes.

There should not even be a separation btwn the cermonial and moral laws. If you transgress any, whether ceremonial or moral, you are guilty of all
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If you claim you have been released from the moral Law of GOD, under whose law are you now?

The principle of the old law still guides us. We live under the law of Christ. I have said that before.

When you say Moral law I understand it to be the moral part of the mosaic law.

As I said above, This separation of moral from ceremonial is unscriptural. Even Jesus never made such separation when quoting from the Law. The Law is the same, so transgressing any of it makes you guilty of all.

Even when you did the separation, Rom 7:6, 7 shows that the moral aspect was no longer binding on us.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Indeed, whoever that teaches you that you can now disregard the Holy Sabbath of GOD is a false teacher, whoever he is. Paul warned us about such teachers, who have a "form of godliness but deny the power thereof" (2 Tim 3:5).

The funny part of it is that Paul says that they are "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of truth"(2 Tim 3:7). LOL. They think they know much about GOD and His ways yet they continue in stark disobedience to the even the plainest of the truths of GOD revealed in the Bible.
But why the deafening silence about the 'plainest of the truths' where many other vices are painstakingly prophesied! Especially when you claim it is essential for salvation!
I wonder why you did not clarify the issues raised but rather makes claims that implicates the Lord and His apostles!
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Now answer the question with yes or no: did Jesus obey the 10 Commandments when He was on earth?
Let the Lord answer you:
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets; I am not come to destroy but to FULFIL
Matthew 5:17

There you have your answer.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

The law of Nigeria liberty grin

If he would answer. That is what his a answer would be.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 10:20pm On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Why would you even bring up the word "gentile" in your argument? Do you consider yourself a gentile even when you claim to be a Christian? When the GOD is very clear that "there is neither Jew nor Gentile...in Christ Jesus"(Gal. 3:28) ?
Why not ask Paul why he used the word in Romans to make a distinction in explanation?

We are the spiritual Israel of GOD. The excuse that the Gentiles were not commanded to keep the Sabbath of GOD is a lie I don't know where you got from.
I also wish you will show me where you got it from that the Gentiles that believed on Jesus were to be made to keep the sabbath in order to be saved!

There is neither Jew nor Gentile in Christ.
But the apostle had to use that term in making distinctions when making some analysis and that is what I have been doing.

If you hear His word today, do not harden your heart.[/quote]
I wonder what you would have told the rich, young ruler if he told you he had kept all the law but still lacked the substance!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 10:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

The Bible is complete. I wonder when the completeness of the Bible became an issue.
Then why do you claim that a subject was not emphasized, nor commanded in the NT because the problem had not started then? What of all the clearly futuristic prophecies and continual warnings on what to do?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all". James was writing this epistle to the early church of which Gentiles were part. This is James exhorting Christians to keep the commandments of GOD fully, not choose some to keep, and others not to keep.

You honour your parents, you don't kill, you don't steal, you don't bear false witness, you don't covet; all these things are from the same law. Why then would you choose to break one of the laws? Is the 4th commandment not also part of the Law?

You are the one implying that the Bible needs to be updated, if you dispute what is so clearly written in the Bible.
Rather, you are the one interpreting a portion to support your claim even if that interpretation does not agree with other passages!
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 10:51pm On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
Why not ask Paul why he used the word in Romans to make a distinction in explanation?

I also wish you will show me where you got it from that the Gentiles that believed on Jesus were to be made to keep the sabbath in order to be saved!

But the apostle had to use that term in making distinctions when making some analysis and that is what I have been doing.

If you hear His word today, do not harden your heart.
I wonder what you would have told the rich, young ruler if he told you he had kept all the law but still lacked the substance!

Did Jesus obey the 10 Commandments when He was on earth? Answer with yes or no.

So we can know where this argument stands

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

It Was An Attempted Burglary - Daystar Clarifies Armed Robbery Report In Church / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? / More Rude Things People Do In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.