Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following (18849 Views)

Daddy Freeze Tithe Against Poverty (TAP) Challenge: Lady Gives One Million Naira / 5 Ways Apostle Suleman Can Prove His Innocence In Stephanie Otobo’s Sex Mess / TB Joshua Speaks On Buhari's Health, Naira To Hit 650/US1$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If anybody has his default mindset on while reading the Bible, it has to be you who search the Bible just to see a verse that will permit you to continue in disobedience to GOD's commandments. grin But I'm sorry; if you search the Bible from now till eternity, you'll never see a verse where you are told to disregard the Law of GOD.

Back to the question. If you claim you have been released from the Law of GOD, under whose Law are you now?

You didn't reply my comment. Do u still want to discuss? Xtians are under the law of Christ. I don't want u to shift the discussiin to this. Let's face the bible I quoted.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
JMAN05:

Ya, read the context so well. Paul had stated that we have been released from the law. However that does not make the law bad, why? Without it sin would not be manifest. Without law, sin is dead' he said. So the law is good in that it made transgression manifest. This was to lead us to Christ, that ends its work. Rom 10:4. No one would say the tutor was no longer good.

According to the bolded part, are you saying Christians are no longer required to abide by the Law of GOD?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
JMAN05:

You didn't reply my comment. Do u still want to discuss? Xtians are under the law of Christ. I don't want u to shift the discussiin to this. Let's face the bible I quoted.

Is this Law of Christ different from the Law of GOD?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 10:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
JMAN05:

Ya, read the context so well. Paul had stated that we have been released from the law. However that does not make the law bad, why? Without it sin would not be manifest. Without law, sin is dead' he said. So the law is good in that it made transgression manifest. This was to lead us to Christ, that ends its work. Rom 10:4. No one would say the tutor was no longer good.

If the Law is Holy and righteous, why would we need to be released from it? Are we going to be released from something Holy? Answer me.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 10:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
Scholar8200:

Romans 13:8-10 in fact Paul Inspired by the Spirit said concerning love (being the fruit of the Spirit) that against such there is no law!

You are avoiding this question. Where is this law found?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

LOL grin You can no longer answer with yes or no? Just answer with yes or no: Did Christ obey the 10 Commandments when He was on earth?

He can't answer because by sincerely answering, he's shooting his legs
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2016
Philadelphia:

He can't answer because by sincerely answering, he's shooting his legs

grin Christ dutifully lived by the tenets of the 10 Commandments. Anybody who calls himself a follower of Christ must imitate Christ and try to live by the 10 Commandments.

Good day brother.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2016
Scholar8200:
God's Law Is His nature-Love (the very Essence that underlies all the others as Romans 13:8-10 shows)! God never changes and Love remains His Nature eternally!
This cannot be referring to the OT Law as they would no longer be relevant in Heaven
For example, there will be no need saying thou shalt not commit adultery as there will be no marriages!
There will be no need to say honour thy father and thy mother as these bonds will no longer be!
There will be no longer, ''thou shall not covet thy neighbour's wife as this will no longer be etc

And you forgot to quote commandment #4

RememberJames 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
So, what law are you quoting?

So has the law been done away with? Consider
Romans 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
JMAN05:

How is that a contradiction?

Rom 7:6,7

6 But now we have been released from the Law, because we have died to that which restrained us, in order that we might be slaves in a new sense by the spirit and not in the old sense by the written code. 7 What, then, are we to say? Is the Law sin? Certainly not! Really, I would not have come to know sin had it not been for the Law. For example, I would not have known covetousness if the law had not said: " You must not covet"

What's your understanding of the bolded?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 11:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
Scholar8200:
Why then the deafening silence on sabbath keeping in all the Epistles of the Apostles when describing the new life in Christ? And was Christ right when He declared the priests blameless even though they profaned the sabbath?

You have not been reading my posts to you. Why go back and forth? I've already answered this question you're posing.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So Christ came to "fulfill" the law and not to obey it? So Christ did not obey the Law when He was on earth? So Christ transgressed the Law? So You're saying Christ sinned when He was on earth?
This matter on fulfilment and obedience has been dealt with; go look for it
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If you claim as a Christian you are no longer under the moral Law of GOD, under whose law are you?
Paul wrote that by the Inspiration of the Spirit! Read his epistles to get your answer
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 11:39pm On Mar 01, 2016
Scholar8200:
This matter on fulfilment and obedience has been dealt with; go look for it

grin You're yet to answer my question anyway: Did Christ obey the 10 Commandments when He was on earth? Yes or No?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

When Christ was on earth, and up until the time the epistles were written, this ruckus surrounding the Sabbath of GOD was never there. I mean, nobody ever disputed the Sanctity of the Sabbath. They knew they had to keep it because GOD commanded it. Jesus kept the Sabbath of GOD. Paul and all the apostles kept the Sabbath of GOD. All the Early Christians kept the Sabbath of GOD.
Meaning the Spirit that isnpired the scriptures did not know that these things will come up? When there are prophesies and commandments spanning milleniums?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
Philadelphia:

You are avoiding this question. Where is this law found?
In the OT
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 11:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
Scholar8200:
Paul wrote that by the Inspiration of the Spirit! Read his epistles to get your answer

Answer for yourself: under whose Law do you claim to be now?

Because I know Paul never broke any of the 10 Commandments nor did he teach men to do so.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 11:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

grin You're yet to answer my question anyway: Did Christ obey the 10 Commandments when He was on earth? Yes or No?
He FULFILLED the ten commandments!

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
Philadelphia:

You have not been reading my posts to you. Why go back and forth? I've already answered this question you're posing.
Answered by implying that the Bible needs be updated to stress that which was not properly emphasized? That they could predict the antichrist but were somehow ignorant of his activities (the only one you appear to exalt) is that your answer?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
Scholar8200:
Meaning the Spirit that isnpired the scriptures did not know that these things will come up? When there are prophesies and commandments spanning milleniums?

GOD knew the antichrist, which is the pope, would try to tamper with His Law. Check Daniel 7 and 2 Thess 2:3. Christ also reaffirmed the sacredness of the Law in Luke 16:17 to remove any doubt concerning the sanctity of the Law.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 11:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
Scholar8200:
He FULFILLED the ten commandments!

Please explain the word "FULFILLED" to me.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 11:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
Scholar8200:

In 2 Thess 2:3, we see Paul prophesying about the antichrist, the pope, (which is the man of sin, the son of perdition) who would cause many to fall away and oppose and exalt himself above anything that is called GOD. Read about all the papacy did during the dark ages. So, indeed, GOD knew skeptics and those who hate His law would arise. But He also sufficiently warned us that His Law cannot be tampered with.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

In 2 Thess 2:3, we see Paul prophesying about the antichrist, the pope, (which is the man of sin, the son of perdition) who would cause many to fall away and oppose and exalt himself above anything that is called GOD. Read about all the papacy did during the dark ages. So, indeed, GOD knew skeptics and those who hate His law would arise. But He also sufficiently warned us that His Law cannot be tampered with.
I know! However if you claim the issue of sabbath was what the antichrist will change, then why was it not stressed and emphasized by Jesus and the Apostles? This refutes the excuse that there was silence because the sabbath issue had not arise!
Daniel spoke about the antichrist opposing daily sacrifice but said nothing about sabbath!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Please explain the word "FULFILLED" to me.
What idea comes to your mind when you hear that word? Did Cyrus obey Isaiah's prophecy concerning him or did he fulfil it?

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 11:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
Scholar8200:
I know! However if you claim the issue of sabbath was what the antichrist will change, then why was it not stressed and emphasized by Jesus and the Apostles? This refutes the excuse that there was silence because the sabbath issue had not arise!
Daniel spoke about the antichrist opposing daily sacrifice but said nothing about sabbath!

Show me any single text in the Bible where it is implied that at the time Jesus and the apostles were on earth, there was any doubt as to whether the Sabbath had to be kept or not.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Scholar8200(m): 11:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
DoctorAlien:

GOD knew the antichrist, which is the pope, would try to tamper with His Law. Check Daniel 7 and 2 Thess 2:3. Christ also reaffirmed the sacredness of the Law in Luke 16:17 to remove any doubt concerning the sanctity of the Law.
It means you are wrong in your claims! Otherwise why the deafening silence by Jesus and the Apostles on sabbath if it is essential for salvation? Moreso since they knew of the antics of antichrist? Afterall Jesus warned us in Matthew 24 Luke 21 etc why did He omit the Sabbath?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2016
At the time the epistles were written, all the Christians kept the Sabbath of GOD. Tell me, was there any need to admonish them to keep it, when they were already observing it?

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 12:02am On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
It means you are wrong in your claims! Otherwise why the deafening silence by Jesus and the Apostles on sabbath if it is essential for salvation? Moreso since they knew of the antics of antichrist? Afterall Jesus warned us in Matthew 24 Luke 21 etc why did He omit the Sabbath?

Which of my claims are wrong? And how many times will I have to tell you that this argument surrounding the Sabbath of GOD was not there when Jesus and the apostles and the early Christians were on earth? Were the apostles ever accused of breaking GOD's Sabbath?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 12:14am On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:

Here is Ezekiel prophesying about the apostate church (the Roman Catholic Church) breaking the Sabbath of GOD and teaching men to do so:
Ezekiel 22:26 "Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things...and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them"
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 12:27am On Mar 02, 2016
The true disciples of Jesus Christ are those who keep the commandments of GOD. They do not harden their hearts to the truths of GOD revealed to them.

Now, understand me: We can never attain righteousness by trying to keep the Law relying on our human strength. The righteousness we try to obtain through only struggling to keep the law is as filthy rags before GOD. We obtain salvation by Faith in Jesus. This Faith also includes trusting in Jesus Christ to give us the power to obey GOD and keep His commandments and live rightly before Him.

With what are GOD's people sealed/marked in the Bible?
Isaiah 8:16 "Bind up my testimony, seal the law among my disciples"

Deut. 11:1 "Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy GOD, and keep His charge, and his statutes, and his judgements, and his commandments, alway."

One cannot claim He loves GOD if refuses to keep GOD's commandments.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 1:28am On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
In the OT

Book, chapter and verse?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 1:31am On Mar 02, 2016
Scholar8200:

What idea comes to your mind when you hear that word? Did Cyrus obey Isaiah's prophecy concerning him or did he fulfil it?

Is Prophecy a commandment? Check dictionary meaning of commandment.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Philadelphia: 1:32am On Mar 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Which of my claims are wrong? And how many times will I have to tell you that this argument surrounding the Sabbath of GOD was not there when Jesus and the apostles and the early Christians were on earth? Were the apostles ever accused of breaking GOD's Sabbath?

Because they were observing the Sabbath

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Good Proof That True Love Exists / She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time / Pastor Sarah Omakwu Warns Comedians Against Using Christianity For Jokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.