Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

My Trial Is Prosecution, Not Corruption, I Won’t Resign – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Trial Is Prosecution, Not Corruption, I Won’t Resign – Saraki (581 Views)

Resign, Saraki: Protesters At National Assembly / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / My Trial Not Discussed In Meeting With Buhari – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Trial Is Prosecution, Not Corruption, I Won’t Resign – Saraki by emamos: 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has said that hewould not resign from his position, despitehis ongoingfalse asset declaration trialat the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT).
According to Saraki, the trial is an act of persecution andnot an actual fight against corruption.
Saraki said this on Friday at Landmark Events Centre in Lagos during a social media week event organised byState- Craft Inc. the theme was; ‘Did You Say Change? Game Changers of the 2015 Nigerian elections.’
He stated that his trial was the handiwork of powerful people who were unhappy with his emergence as Senate President.
The Senate President said that when he got into office as a civil servant 13 years ago; he filled the asset declaration form which is a must for all public servants to fill once they enter office.
In his words,“We are public servants and you must fill your asset declaration form when you get in office and I did mine 13 years ago.
“The charges have nothing to do with corruption or money being stolen anywhere. I will have my day in courtto prove my innocence of the charge pending against mebecause it is not about corruption.
“I don’t understand how the same organisation that cleared my asset declaration to be proper in 2004, 2009 and 2011 can now say that my record is faulted,” he said.
Among personalities present at the event were, Senator Dino Melaye; Senator Sabi Abdulahi and Senator Foster Ogola
lalasticlala
http://thenationonlineng.net/my-trial-is-prosecution-not-corruption-i-wont-resign-saraki/.
Re: My Trial Is Prosecution, Not Corruption, I Won’t Resign – Saraki by emamos: 8:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
It is well
Re: My Trial Is Prosecution, Not Corruption, I Won’t Resign – Saraki by Lazyreporta(m): 8:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: My Trial Is Prosecution, Not Corruption, I Won’t Resign – Saraki by tsephanyah(f): 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Awesome
Re: My Trial Is Prosecution, Not Corruption, I Won’t Resign – Saraki by Tunami(m): 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
he should stay there since its his birthright.
Re: My Trial Is Prosecution, Not Corruption, I Won’t Resign – Saraki by Mynd44: 4:35am On Feb 27, 2016

(1)

Igbos Are Nigerians Not Biafrans- Ohaneze / Buhari Will Islamize Nigeria! / Are Our Presidents Truly Symbols Of Unity, Love & Patriotism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.