Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

#5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory (1690 Views)

Saraki Claims He Borrowed N5b From Dangote To Fund Buhari's Election - Sahara R. / Photo Exhibition Of Buhari's Election Campaign; Aisha Buhari In Attendance / Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 28, 2016
Those promises were made at $100 dollar oil. Not realistic at $30 dollar oil. Leadership must evaluate its decisions at every moments.
Kudos PMB. Yes it is a failed promise. But it is better to made d right decision even though it may lead to failed promises. Even though oil price have started falling during the election, it was still above $60 then which is twice what it is today.

This post is not to defend PMB. This post is to support him for making the right decision. I never agree to the 5000 naira stipend to unemployed graduate. It would have be a waste. But 5000 naira for the most vunerable 1million nigerians (Mostly widows and physically challenge) is welcome if we can fund it. 5k to unemployed graduate is a no no no.

PMB did not deny the promise was made despite the fact that he never personally made d promise. He is only saying on his scale of preference, that is not among top priority. PMB is a firm and sincere leader. He speak his mind straight up. No president in the world including United State of America, have ever succeeded in fulfilling all campaign promises.

At every point in time, a leader must evaluate what he consider most important to d nation and make a bold decision. Leadership is dynamic. It is better to be criticise for not achieving a campaign promise than implementing a promise that is unrealistic just to save face. Even if it means losing the next election,or losing popularity, a leader must put the country first.

The funny thing is dat those wailers who never supported the idea, who said it will promote laziness, will still be the one to condemn and criticise him for not prioritising it instead of commending him for doing d needful.

I am living in governance mode. I dont care about what campaign promise were. I only care about good governance. Any campaign promise that is not realistic today can go to hell. For those who cares so much about campaign promises, you can use ur PVC in 2019 and vote what u want.For those who claim Buhari won the election because of 5000 naira stipend for unemployed are not saying the truth. More than 99% of people who voted for Buhari voted for him because he was seen as much better to fight corruption and boko haram. Not because he promised 5000 naira. I am not even sure he got 100 votes because of the 5000 naira stipend promise.

For that primary reason of fighting corruption and Boko haram, he may not have done it perfectly, but he is clearly better than GEJ. And he was voted because he was considered better in fighting it than GEJ and not because he will be able to fight it perfectly. That is progress, Reduction of negative is positive. For that, he has fulfilled his top two campaign promises.

The greatest irony is that, majority of those who voted Buhari are okay with his decision. Majority of us who voted him dont feel deceived or betrayed. Majority of us who voted Buhari fully support on this especially with global economy and oil price. Why are those who never voted him complaining of being Scammed? Wailers you were not Scammed because you never voted for his campaign promises! So shut your mouth!

Leadership is about optimising available resources for the best of the country. Not wasting it on project in order to look good and save face

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 28, 2016
oh pls keep mute!

8 Likes

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by talktimi(m): 12:48am On Feb 28, 2016
Op sometimes just shut up instead of defending the indefensible. During the campaigns when ordinary Nigerians pointed out the folly of such a promise considering the rapidly declining price of crude oil, what did you broom waving witches and wizards say ? I myself categorically asked on this forum how such a crazy promise would be fulfilled but you zombie sheeple refused to use your brain because of partisan politics. Good morning APC zombies, welcome to gradual reality

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by SouthernBreeze(m): 12:57am On Feb 28, 2016
tuale4u:
Those promises were made at $100 dollar oil. Not realistic at $30 dollar oil. Leadership must evaluate its decisions at every moments.
Kudos PMB.

Yes it is a failed promise. But it is better to made d right decision even though it may lead to failed promises.

PMB did not deny the promise was made. He is only saying on his scale of preference, that is not among top priority.

PMB is a firm and sincere leader. He speak his mind straight up.

No president in the world including United State of America, have ever succeeded in fulfilling all campaign promises.

At every point in time, a leader must evaluate what he consider most important to d nation and make a bold decision. Leadership is dynamic

It is better to be criticise for not achieving a campaign promise than implementing a promise that is unrealistic just to save face.

Even if it means losing the next election,or losing popularity, a leader must put the country first.

The funny thing is dat those wailers who never supported the idea, who said it will prokote laziness, will still be the one to condemn and criticise him for not prioritising it instead of commending him for doing d needful
The charm Bubu used on you is still a mystery. Typical zombie

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 28, 2016
The same president budgeted #2b for his own food.The same president budgeted about #1b to change tyres,text books for v.p and bulbs in aso rock.So what is the logic in not fulfilling his campaign promises?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Flexherbal(m): 1:31am On Feb 28, 2016
A promise not fulfilled does not add to one's integrity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by drss(m): 1:35am On Feb 28, 2016
chei dis one way op just dey defend buari up n dan everywia e be like say dem pay am special N5,000 grant.

4 Likes

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Roidatom(m): 2:42am On Feb 28, 2016
Oh
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by kayfra: 3:32am On Feb 28, 2016
I support the move just because I never supported the NGN5000 stipend in the first place. It's going to create an entitlement and dependency time bomb that will be difficult to implement, difficult to support and eventually difficult to withdraw.

I'd rather see Buhari subsidize production activities such as farming and artisanal or vocational skills acquisition/

3 Likes

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 3:43am On Feb 28, 2016
talktimi:
Op sometimes just shut up instead of defending the indefensible. During the campaigns when ordinary Nigerians pointed out the folly of such a promise considering the rapidly declining price of crude oil, what did you broom waving witches and wizards say ? I myself categorically asked on this forum how such a crazy promise would be fulfilled but you zombie sheeple refused to use your brain because of partisan politics. Good morning APC zombies, welcome to gradual reality

That is why it is campaign. They are promises. They are not binding. What of all the failed promises PDP has made for 16 years? Abeg park well. Obama promise to close Guatanamo bay in first term, he did not do it. It is now he is ending his second term in 11 months time he is planning to do dat. May be Buhari may fufil dis promise in 2023 just like Obama.

3 Likes

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by kenny987(f): 5:39am On Feb 28, 2016
tuale4u:

That is why it is campaign. They are promises. They are not binding. What of all the failed promises PDP has made for 16 years? Abeg park well. Obama promise to close Guatanamo bay in first term, he did it do. It is now he is ending his second term in 11 months time he is planning to do dat. May Buhari may fufil dis promise in 2023 just like Obama.

The day APC, Buhari and his handlers as well as supporters like u stop holding PDP which u so love to hate and other countries as a yardstick is the day we will know that you people really have good intentions otherwise u are nothing more than better riggers of an election. The more disgusting part though, is that APC exploited the ignorance of a vulnerable majority to ride into power and have now turned around to discard and deny promises without so much as a by your leave. What is the difference between both parties other than names and logos? Is it not almost the same people that didn't live up to promises under PDP as u referred to that have populated d APC?

How can u compare the closure of Guantanamo bay to a promise that touches on the basic survival of many, that may make d difference between life and death at some point? Does Guantanamo bay affect the lives and economy of Americans?

I still see an attempt to separate the party from Buhari on d premise that he didn't make the promises himself and I shake my head in wonder. So who flew d flag of the party during campaign and elections? On what platform did Sai Baba ascend into power? Who is d direct beneficiary of those promises turned lies? Who has toured 25 countries in 9 months on the strength of those lies? As he didn't utter the words personally, did he dissociate himself from those promises? Did he not by his conduct acquiesce to said promises?

Now, you say the promises were made when oil was $100/barrel and I marvel at the sheer ignorance and stupidity manifest by that statement...is that supposed to be a joke? As at campaign and election periods, oil prices were already hovering between $60-$70 and all indications pointed to further crashing of prices. Did he and his team not know or follow the trends? Were they too dull to understand the implications and tailor their words accordingly or is someone just being too much of a zombie who will rather justify the clear emotional and fundamental rape of the vulnerable members of the society?

Does Buhari really mean to focus more on agriculture and education when the Ministry of Information is awarded far more funds than these areas in his very iffy budget? When d VP has more funds for books than some higher institutions exactly how is he planning to build up education?

Finally, a man of true integrity knows his words are his bond! Failure to take cognisance of pervading realities or deliberate lies/deception cloaked as mere election promises to be discarded like dirty underwear at the earliest convenience is no excuse. He fails to honour that promise then he is no better than the next opportunistic and dirty politician only after his personal interest. That level of deception is the height of corruption and that makes nonsense of his anti-corruption stance.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Pidggin(f): 5:46am On Feb 28, 2016
Obviously, none of APC's campaign promises will be fulfilled grin

1 Like

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by frankyychiji(f): 6:16am On Feb 28, 2016
tuale4u:

That is why it is campaign. They are promises. They are not binding. What of all the failed promises PDP has made for 16 years? Abeg park well. Obama promise to close Guatanamo bay in first term, he did it do. It is now he is ending his second term in 11 months time he is planning to do dat. May Buhari may fufil dis promise in 2023 just like Obama.
Comparing Obama and Buhary?
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by sarutobie(m): 7:23am On Feb 28, 2016
kenny987:

The day APC, Buhari and his handlers as well as supporters like u stop holding PDP which u so love to hate and other countries as a yardstick is the day we will know that you people really have good intentions otherwise u are nothing more than better riggers of an election. The more disgusting part though, is that APC exploited the ignorance of a vulnerable majority to ride into power and have now turned around to discard and deny promises without so much as a by your leave. What is the difference between both parties other than names and logos? Is it not almost the same people that didn't live up to promises under PDP as u referred to that have populated d APC?

How can u compare the closure of Guantanamo bay to a promise that touches on the basic survival of many, that may make d difference between life and death at some point? Does Guantanamo bay affect the lives and economy of Americans?

I still see an attempt to separate the party from Buhari on d premise that he didn't make the promises himself and I shake my head in wonder. So who flew d flag of the party during campaign and elections? On what platform did Sai Baba ascend into power? Who is d direct beneficiary of those promises turned lies? Who has toured 25 countries in 9 months on the strength of those lies? As he didn't utter the words personally, did he dissociate himself from those promises? Did he not by his conduct acquiesce to said promises?

Now, you say the promises were made when oil was $100/barrel and I marvel at the sheer ignorance and stupidity manifest by that statement...is that supposed to be a joke? As at campaign and election periods, oil prices were already hovering between $60-$70 and all indications pointed to further crashing of prices. Did he and his team not know or follow the trends? Were they too dull to understand the implications and tailor their words accordingly or is someone just being too much of a zombie who will rather justify the clear emotional and fundamental rape of the vulnerable members of the society?

Does Buhari really mean to focus more on agriculture and education when the Ministry of Information is awarded far more funds than these areas in his very iffy budget? When d VP has more funds for books than some higher institutions exactly how is he planning to build up education?

Finally, a man of true integrity knows his words are his bond! Failure to take cognisance of pervading realities or deliberate lies/deception cloaked as mere election promises to be discarded like dirty underwear at the earliest convenience is no excuse. He fails to honour that promise then he is no better than the next opportunistic and dirty politician only after his personal interest. That level of deception is the height of corruption and that makes nonsense of his anti-corruption stance.
This is the type of woman that can intimidate a lot of (weak)men with sheer intelligence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 28, 2016
Flexherbal:
It doesnt reduce integrity. It only makes him human. This has nothing to do with integrity. You dont expect him to empty Nigeria Treasury to fufil a promise that is not realistic base on current realities.
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 28, 2016
kenny987:

You are only ranting. You are living in election mode. I am living in governance mode.
I dont care about what campaign promise were. I only care about good governance. Any campaign promise that is not realistic today can go to hell.

For those who cares so much about campaign promises, you can use ur PVC in 2019 and vote what u want.

Leadership is about optimising available resources for the best of the country. Not wasting it on project in order to look good.
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by drss(m): 8:27am On Feb 28, 2016
frankyychiji:
Comparing Obama and Buhary?
its like comparing heineken n burkutu.

1 Like

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by otil1: 9:20am On Feb 28, 2016
tuale4u:

You are only ranting. You are living in election mode. I am living in governance mode.
I dont care about what campaign promise were. I only care about good governance. Any campaign promise that is not realistic today can go to hell.

For those who cares so much about campaign promises, you can use ur PVC in 2019 and vote what u want.

Leadership is about optimising available resources for the best of the country. Not wasting it on project in order to look good.

Let's even take it at governance mode; I ask, what has changed?

Beyond all the noise about looted funds, what else? Media trial, that's all.

Meanwhile, as of today:
Total accused of looting -thousands
Total arrested -hundreds
Total charged to court -units (actually 2; Olisa and Dasuki)
Total convicted -none

2 Likes

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 28, 2016
otil1:

Let's even take it at governance mode; I ask, what has changed?

Beyond all the noise about looted funds, what else? Media trial, that's all.

Meanwhile, as of today:
Total accused of looting -thousands
Total arrested -hundreds
Total charged to court -units (actually 2; Olisa and Dasuki)
Total convicted -none
Change is gradual. Its effect are not short term but long term. Reform always start with chaos before taking it root. Reform always bring difficulties in d short term. That is life. Let wait and see.
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 28, 2016
Flexherbal:
it does and as a matter of fact, people will begin to loose trust in such a person. it's better you don't make promise you can't fulfill than make one. What were they thinking when they made such promises? why did lia Mohammed emphasize on it this year, now bubu is planning to change it. And you think GEJ didn't made promises too? it was because he didn't fulfill many of them that is why most Nigerians voted him out.

1 Like

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 28, 2016
tuale4u:

That is why it is campaign. They are promises. They are not binding. What of all the failed promises PDP has made for 16 years? Abeg park well. Obama promise to close Guatanamo bay in first term, he did not do it. It is now he is ending his second term in 11 months time he is planning to do dat. May be Bugatti may fufil dis promise in 2023 just like Obama.
what is the essence of manifesto? you think all Nigerians are fools to fall for that scam? You and I know it wasn't possible why then should he make such.promise? .Obama is to USA while Buhari is to Nigeria. the former is presiding over developed country while the latter on developing country.
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by kenny987(f): 10:22am On Feb 28, 2016
tuale4u:

You are creating the impression that campaign manifestos are only meant to secure votes and such the people cannot hold those seeking electoral offices to account on the basis of promises made. Is that your idea of politics? One without honour? Just get in there and then behave as u please without regard to those whom u preside over?! You must be joking! Without campaign promises and debates how do u ascertain what a candidate has to offer? On what do you expect the electorate to hinge their choice of votes?

In fact, it is high time we start advocating for mid term analysis of any term of office within which to ascertain whether campaign manifestos are being complied with. When that is the case both party and candidate are barred from contesting next elections for that office for one term. Maybe then politicians will know that their constituents are not to be toyed with at will!

In essence, don't make impracticable promises just to win elections!

Optimising available resources for good governance...is it good governance to give a higher budget allocation to the Ministry of Information than critical areas like Agriculture? Is it good governance to allocate scarce funds to go looking for more oil in the Chad Basin which has not yielded fruit despite years and resources already committed and lost to same cause? Yet the same President is visiting all Arab countries believing he can influence their oil production and eventually oil prices? Is that the good governance u believe in?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by kenny987(f): 10:31am On Feb 28, 2016
sarutobie:

This is the type of woman that can intimidate a lot of (weak)men with sheer intelligence.

I am humbled sir! smiley grin
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by etebefia: 10:42am On Feb 28, 2016
Charles Soludo wrote how unrealistic this would be but Feyemi countered that, @ OP the oil crisis did not start during Buhari's administration rather it started towards the end of GEJ administration, APC knew about the oil crisis before making the proclamation, at a time they even wanted to divert the N5k been for less privileged and not the unemployed, now no pay at all, left to me APC shouldn't have made that promise N5k to the unemployed is an economic blunder in this country but the APC saw that as a cheap propaganda to gather votes though it's all politics but dubious for some individuals that claim integrity.
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
K
etebefia:
Charles Soludo wrote how unrealistic this would be but Feyemi countered that, @ OP the oil crisis did not start during Buhari's administration rather it started towards the end of GEJ administration, APC knew about the oil crisis before making the proclamation, at a time they even wanted to divert the N5k been for less privileged and not the unemployed, now no pay at all, left to me APC shouldn't have made that promise N5k to the unemployed is an economic blunder in this country but the APC saw that as a cheap propaganda to gather votes though it's all politics but dubious for some individuals that claim integrity.

Buhari did not win d election because APC promised 5k to unemployed graduate.
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
talktimi:
Mtcheww
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Abagworo(m): 1:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
Poster you are a very intelligent being. I was equally against all forms of stipends. The money should be channeled towards free education or subsidy in Agriculture.
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
Abagworo:
Poster you are a very intelligent being. I was equally against all forms of stipends. The money should be channeled towards free education or subsidy in Agriculture.

Thank you.
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by etebefia: 1:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
tuale4u:
K

Buhari did not win d election because APC promised 5k to unemployed graduate.
nobody wins an election because of one reason, several factors contributes to winning an election and the N5k was a big factor to APC winning the election. or you can tell me that 1 particular reason that APC won the election
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by talktimi(m): 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
tuale4u:

Mtcheww
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
etebefia:
nobody wins an election because of one reason, several factors contributes to winning an election and the N5k was a big factor to APC winning the election. or you can tell me that 1 particular reason that APC won the election

It was not a factor.
Re: #5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory by smoothralph(m): 9:02am On Mar 04, 2016
etebefia:
if the N5k was a major factor that APC won the election, PDP would have offered N10k

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northerners Will Never Rule This Country Again. They Are Untrained & Uncivilized / A Christmas Message From An American Lady To All Biafrans / JUST IN: Buhari Meets Osinbajo, Governors At Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.